Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

bronzegriff09

Legendary Bounty Hunts Are Disappointing

Recommended Posts

LostReacher

I take back what I said abou tit being easy, I got nailed on the 3 star one because I underestimated them.

 

I love bringing the enemies into the town at tumbleweed, all the police start a full on shootout with them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docholladay1976
2 hours ago, Ring Dang Do said:

I recently completed it solo and it was pretty hard, which part you stuck on?

Only gave it a couple goes.  Didn't realize it was multiple bounties.  Killed one of the bounties and put him on my horse and used the horse outside the mine to take Elizabeth.  Didn't get far when the mission failure popped up because one got away.  

 

Bought a wagon and decided to give another go.   Sniped most of em and went for the first bounty.  He was on a hill and I couldn't lasso him as we both kept running around and sliding by this boulder.  Stupidly died and decided to take a little break from the mission.  

 

Got into freeroam and Cripps had shut down production so I had to sort that out.  Was getting late so thought it best to call it a night. 

 

I'll get it tonight, not so sure about that 5 star though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash

 

I am really enjoying myself; completed the 5 star - six times.

It's like GTA survival on steroids.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon
11 hours ago, docholladay1976 said:

Only gave it a couple goes.  Didn't realize it was multiple bounties.  Killed one of the bounties and put him on my horse and used the horse outside the mine to take Elizabeth.  Didn't get far when the mission failure popped up because one got away.  

 

Bought a wagon and decided to give another go.   Sniped most of em and went for the first bounty.  He was on a hill and I couldn't lasso him as we both kept running around and sliding by this boulder.  Stupidly died and decided to take a little break from the mission.  

 

Got into freeroam and Cripps had shut down production so I had to sort that out.  Was getting late so thought it best to call it a night. 

 

I'll get it tonight, not so sure about that 5 star though. 

If it is the one I'm thinking of, you can stand above him and lasso him. Then using Right Trigger, pull him up the cliff to you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAFanClub

I don't think it's disappointing at all. I love the different tiers of difficulty and the 4/5 stars are quite challenging solo. It's nice to actually have a challenge in this game for once.

 

I just hope the next ones in the weeks ahead are even more challenging. Besides the 5-star gold buckle, there should be better rewards though. Maybe each 5-star Legendary Bounty could have a special piece of clothing as a reward.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon
33 minutes ago, GTAFanClub said:

I don't think it's disappointing at all. I love the different tiers of difficulty and the 4/5 stars are quite challenging solo. It's nice to actually have a challenge in this game for once.

 

I just hope the next ones in the weeks ahead are even more challenging. Besides the 5-star gold buckle, there should be better rewards though. Maybe each 5-star Legendary Bounty could have a special piece of clothing as a reward.

You want challenging, try these in free aim...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone

Wow these are challenging. Did the 4 star last night and died lots. Managed to finish it but 2 of them died. Money and XP was still pretty good though. Will have another go tonight. One of the most challenging things in the game so far and it's a lot of fun. Looking forward to more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon

Has anybody figured out how to get her down of the tower without killing her. I tried last night and ended up just suplexing her off the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney
24 minutes ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

Has anybody figured out how to get her down of the tower without killing her. I tried last night and ended up just suplexing her off the top. 

It's pretty finicky but if you stand a few steps back from the top of the ladder you can usually toss her down onto the landing below and then carry her the rest of the way on the stairs, sometimes she hits a railing and falls all the way to the ground though... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rammer2k

For the 4 star, and prolly 5 star, is it an endless wave of enemies on the way back?  I tried bring all 3 in with just my horse, a npc horse, and dragging the 3rd with my lasso.  I got swarmed and ended up dieing cause I was in the middle of nowhere with no cover.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunkey_Monkey
4 hours ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

Has anybody figured out how to get her down of the tower without killing her. I tried last night and ended up just suplexing her off the top. 

Yes i was full of minty big game and tonicked up to the hilt lassoed her on top picked her up and jumped fortunately we both survived either i softened her landing or it was shear luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicMan05
On 9/20/2019 at 12:34 PM, Rammer2k said:

For the 4 star, and prolly 5 star, is it an endless wave of enemies on the way back?  I tried bring all 3 in with just my horse, a npc horse, and dragging the 3rd with my lasso.  I got swarmed and ended up dieing cause I was in the middle of nowhere with no cover.  

They eventually stop coming whenever I've done it. Just find a good cover position and use it to kill the wave of enemies at the end.

 

On 9/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, CaliMeatWagon said:

Has anybody figured out how to get her down of the tower without killing her. I tried last night and ended up just suplexing her off the top. 

She'll climb down herself and attempt to escape once you've taken out all of her men.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daleificent
On 9/20/2019 at 11:42 AM, CaliMeatWagon said:

Has anybody figured out how to get her down of the tower without killing her. I tried last night and ended up just suplexing her off the top. 

You can tie her up, pick her up, and walk carefully to the ladder. Walk off at the ladder (DON'T RUN OFF) and you SHOULD land on your feet still holding her. I've only had her in the tower twice, but worked fine both times for me. You'll loose some health but not a lot.

 

On 9/20/2019 at 12:34 PM, Rammer2k said:

For the 4 star, and prolly 5 star, is it an endless wave of enemies on the way back?  I tried bring all 3 in with just my horse, a npc horse, and dragging the 3rd with my lasso.  I got swarmed and ended up dieing cause I was in the middle of nowhere with no cover.  

If the two regular guys are dead, take them and leave then drop the two dead ones and haul ass back and pick them apart. 5 is always tricky cause they don't show up on the map. And like you noticed, they spawn and surround you. If you're quick with a repeater or something similar (I used the carbine for the fast reload) you'll come out on top pretty easily. I also used S&S/Strange Medicine, which has some impressive tanky-ness even at 5 star, so it was a little easy to ignore damage.

Edited by Daleificent
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204

Who knows. What if there is more to these legendary bounties then we know. Perhaps Easter eggs? Maybe alternative ways to take down the bounties? What if we allow the day to progress, will the targets change their location? Start travelling? Sleep at night? Are there any instances or opportunities where we can stealthily capture the bounty without alerting their allies?

 

Maybe I’m giving the legendary bounty design team too much credit, but it would be nice to have some real depth in these missions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon
1 hour ago, djb204 said:

Who knows. What if there is more to these legendary bounties then we know. Perhaps Easter eggs? Maybe alternative ways to take down the bounties? What if we allow the day to progress, will the targets change their location? Start travelling? Sleep at night? Are there any instances or opportunities where we can stealthily capture the bounty without alerting their allies?

 

Maybe I’m giving the legendary bounty design team too much credit, but it would be nice to have some real depth in these missions.

Stealth is actually very interesting in this game. There are certain things that seem to trigger them. Firing a weapon, seeing a body drop, hearing a body drop, an enemy calling out, a shot that missing right by them. 
So in theory, almost every one could be stealth, with the right amount of people and teamwork. However, because of line of sight, range of hearing, a lot of these are extremely difficult to do stealth. 
As for this weeks current Legendary and stealth I can tell that:
I can snatch dude beating his horse before he has a chance to fire a shot. 
I can stealthily take out every NPC in Fort Mercer, but one (the one above the bounty target).

I can stealth ~50% of the targets at Solomon's Folly. 

 

Because I play solo, in free-aim, and because I try to do these sneaky, I can tell you that some of the bounty targets and other NPC's do have routines, or paths that they follow. And it can be interesting just hanging out and watching/listening to them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.