Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Ryan5252

Ability Card Changes

Recommended Posts

tonko
On 9/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, gtmike said:

It showed that even people who claim to "freeaim" use SB like everyone else. To zig zag run and tackle, then use tap assist....hilarious.

 

The card sucked, and the game is better off without it. That's my opinion. Potion chugging zig zaggers can cry all they want.

 

On 9/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, Chrismads said:

Nice discussion. People like you are like *disease* to forums lol

Why?

 

@gtmike absolutely, 100% has a point: That's exactly how it was used by 90& of the community. Good riddance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
1 hour ago, tonko said:

 

Why?

 

@gtmike absolutely, 100% has a point: That's exactly how it was used by 90& of the community. Good riddance.

Because first he claims that SB has nothing to do with free aim, then he says he isn't interested in free aim while implying that is why he don't like the card.

Later he refuses to discuss the actual video I was meant to post the first time and just keeps focusing on the wrong video I posted to keep enforcing his opinion and waste everybodies time, instead of participating in an actual debate. That is why I think people like him are bad for forums.

That's all I'm gonna say on that subject, gtmike has already gotten more of my attention than I should use on people like him and I'm not here to argue just to argue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
9 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Because first he claims that SB has nothing to do with free aim, then he says he isn't interested in free aim while implying that is why he don't like the card.

Later he refuses to discuss the actual video I was meant to post the first time and just keeps focusing on the wrong video I posted to keep enforcing his opinion and waste everybodies time, instead of participating in an actual debate. That is why I think people like him are bad for forums.

That's all I'm gonna say on that subject, gtmike has already gotten more of my attention than I should use on people like him and I'm not here to argue just to argue

All you've done here is argue just to argue. I won't watch your video and have an argument I never wanted to have, so you throw a temper tantrum.....and I'm a bad forum goer? Get over yourself and grow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
13 hours ago, tonko said:

 

 

@gtmike absolutely, 100% has a point: That's exactly how it was used by 90& of the community. Good riddance.

 

 Considering its still being used the way you don't like, I don't see what you're happy about..   Now everyone using SB will use it that way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

And here's me alone in the corner, having stuck with S&S pretty much the whole time :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
22 hours ago, Hudawg said:

 

 Considering its still being used the way you don't like, I don't see what you're happy about..   Now everyone using SB will use it that way.

There's a lot less people using it though, and the few zig zaggers I've seen trying to grab bags or checkpoints are getting absolutely wrecked. There's also no reason to stay in dead eye for 10 minutes at a time anymore, which was a ridiculous playstyle that needed to stop.

 

Hopefully they can expand on these new game modes for the free aim crowd, but SB (as it was) had to go. The game overall is better for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
1 hour ago, gtmike said:

There's a lot less people using it though, and the few zig zaggers I've seen trying to grab bags or checkpoints are getting absolutely wrecked. 

 

Its actually worse than before.   So anyone using it the way you complained about are probably happier than before.

 

  Because before the change, you could just actually free aim kill the player.  Now, it doesn't matter.   You're gonna miss 90% of your shots regardless of where you aim.    And the players using SB doesn't even have to zig zag.  He can just stand there with his thumb in his ass while you line up perfect head shots and you'll still miss.

 

1 hour ago, gtmike said:

 There's also no reason to stay in dead eye for 10 minutes at a time anymore, which was a ridiculous playstyle that needed to stop.

Theres plenty of reasons to stay in dead for 10 mins at a time while using SB.    Except now, using it to free aim doesn't work.

 

SB should be reverted.  There was nothing wrong with it.

 

 

Edited by Hudawg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox
5 hours ago, Hudawg said:

Its actually worse than before.   So anyone using it the way you complained about are probably happier than before.

 

  Because before the change, you could just actually free aim kill the player.  Now, it doesn't matter.   You're gonna miss 90% of your shots regardless of where you aim.    And the players using SB doesn't even have to zig zag.  He can just stand there with his thumb in his ass while you line up perfect head shots and you'll still miss.

 

Theres plenty of reasons to stay in dead for 10 mins at a time while using SB.    Except now, using it to free aim doesn't work.

 

SB should be reverted.  There was nothing wrong with it.

 

 

How is it worse than before if PIB users can mark SB users without free-aiming them? SB doesn’t give an accuracy penalty to PIB.

Edited by Gleeman Vox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
2 hours ago, Gleeman Vox said:

How is it worse than before if PIB users can mark SB users without free-aiming them? SB doesn’t give an accuracy penalty to PIB.

Because now, if you free aim someone in SB it doesn't matter.

 

Someone can stand still in SB, and you put aimer between their eyes, shoot, and still miss.  Its stupid...

 

I wasn't taking about PIB.   But if you do use PIB, SB doesn't really matter.


So as far as im concerned.  PIB needs to be nerfed to the ground.

 

 

Edited by Hudawg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
2 hours ago, Gleeman Vox said:

How is it worse than before if PIB users can mark SB users without free-aiming them? SB doesn’t give an accuracy penalty to PIB.

Yeah this has made all the difference, and stopped these wizards in their tracks. For me, the discussion around SB is over....I'm happy with how it is now.

 

Some people will naturally have trouble letting go....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
13 hours ago, Hudawg said:

So as far as im concerned.  PIB needs to be nerfed to the ground.

PIB is ruining alot of things. Race, name your weapon.. all game modes really.

 

Had a long range shootout with a griefer in free roam. He kept painting me and shooting explosive rounds while I tried to snipe him with a rolling block, so it even renders long range weapons kinda useless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
15 hours ago, gtmike said:

Yeah this has made all the difference, and stopped these wizards in their tracks. For me, the discussion around SB is over....I'm happy with how it is now.

 

Some people will naturally have trouble letting go....

 

  Its not about 'letting go'.  Its about changing a card that a player spent $900 on, got used to the playing with it, and then it got changed.  Most players used it for free aim/defense in free roam.   PVP game modes are not that popular, and even then stopping people in SB was still pretty simple, they where never wizards.

 

Thing is, I doubt they changed it because of people like you complaining about it. .  As if a players who used SB must be fed to auto aim/PIB and any sort of ability to not be auto aimed is cheating. (That's backwards)

 

Like I heard some others say.  The change it probably for the PC version which will be free aim.  And hopefully a free aim version will come for console.  Just to give the card a purpose in free aim.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
7 minutes ago, Hudawg said:

 

  Its not about 'letting go'. 

The irony...

 

I said from the start refunds should be given so don't even go there. The rest of it.... just stop man. You've said all this before and I didn't buy into it then either. The horse has been well beaten at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
Just now, gtmike said:

The irony...

 

I said from the start refunds should be given so don't even go there. The rest of it.... just stop man. You've said all this before and I didn't buy into it then either. The horse has been well beaten at this point.

 

..The fact that you sit there and act like ruining the only card that allowed free aim players to be able to free aim in peace is GREAT!.  And called them wizards (What ever that means)


While at the same time claimed PIB and Auto aim is GREAT!.    Is not only backwards, but silly.  And  Auto aim has no purpose in pvp.    

 

This isn't a MMO combat system with crit numbers flying in the air and massive health pools.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
8 hours ago, Hudawg said:

 

..The fact that you sit there and act like ruining the only card that allowed free aim players to be able to free aim in peace is GREAT!.  And called them wizards (What ever that means)


While at the same time claimed PIB and Auto aim is GREAT!.    Is not only backwards, but silly.  And  Auto aim has no purpose in pvp.    

 

This isn't a MMO combat system with crit numbers flying in the air and massive health pools.

 

 

Yes these things are great. Yes I'm "silly". Remember when we talked about letting go?

 

Maybe some of you potion chugging wizards would be happier in an MMO like WoW where you can cast all the spells you want? Beats whining endlessly on a forum anyways...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
1 minute ago, gtmike said:

Yes these things are great. Yes I'm "silly". Remember when we talked about letting go?

 

Maybe some of you potion chugging wizards would be happier in an MMO like WoW where you can cast all the spells you want? Beats whining endlessly on a forum anyways...

.So you whining about SB prior to the change is ok?  Like its the games fault you can't aim?

 

Lets be real. Free aim players like me will destroy you in pvp with AA and PIB.  

 

And your backward way of thinking is comical.  You wanted SB nerfed because you can't aim in pvp game mode that requires shooting other players.. Lmfao

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
8 minutes ago, gtmike said:

Yes these things are great. Yes I'm "silly". Remember when we talked about letting go?

 

Maybe some of you potion chugging wizards would be happier in an MMO like WoW where you can cast all the spells you want? Beats whining endlessly on a forum anyways...

They're only "wizards" if you find them magical. Did SB get the better of you? 🤔

 

They could be countered easily with PiB. Personally I don't see the need to have changed it. 

The argument seems to be player runs at another player in SB - disables SB - auto aims shotgun. My argument is why did you let them get that close? Paint them in PiB and stop the attack, unless your a SB user activate and free aim kill (or if you're SB user you're probably doing the same anyway so accept the kill)

 

The simple reason it was nerfed is because players weren't good enough to combat it and so weren't playing PvP showdowns. Evidence? All the showdowns have been merged and plenty of other cards have been nerfed before now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
27 minutes ago, Hudawg said:

.So you whining about SB prior to the change is ok?  Like its the games fault you can't aim?

 

Lets be real. Free aim players like me will destroy you in pvp with AA and PIB.  

 

And your backward way of thinking is comical.  You wanted SB nerfed because you can't aim in pvp game mode that requires shooting other players.. Lmfao

Wow now we're talking about who could beat who lol ok

 

You sound like a barcode tryhard straight out of GTA, what's next "1v1 me bro"

 

You're the only joke here,  a salty wizard who can't accept that his broken playstyle got taken away from him like a toddlers toy. Tell it to someone who cares.

27 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

They're only "wizards" if you find them magical. Did SB get the better of you? 🤔

 

They could be countered easily with PiB. Personally I don't see the need to have changed it. 

The argument seems to be player runs at another player in SB - disables SB - auto aims shotgun. My argument is why did you let them get that close? Paint them in PiB and stop the attack, unless your a SB user activate and free aim kill (or if you're SB user you're probably doing the same anyway so accept the kill)

 

The simple reason it was nerfed is because players weren't good enough to combat it and so weren't playing PvP showdowns. Evidence? All the showdowns have been merged and plenty of other cards have been nerfed before now.

It was broken and got nerfed, crying to me like I'm your therapist isn't going to change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
1 hour ago, gtmike said:

Wow now we're talking about who could beat who lol ok

 

You sound like a barcode tryhard straight out of GTA, what's next "1v1 me bro"

 

You're the only joke here,  a salty wizard who can't accept that his broken playstyle got taken away from him like a toddlers toy. Tell it to someone who cares.

It was broken and got nerfed, crying to me like I'm your therapist isn't going to change that.

How was it broken though? That's my question.

 

Edit to add, this is actually the first time I've addressed you in this topic. How you determined I was "crying to you like my therapist" is beyond me. Maybe instead of the snide remarks you might actually keep on topic and explain your reasoning?

Edited by Ryan5252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
1 hour ago, gtmike said:

 

 

You're the only joke here,  a salty wizard who can't accept that his broken playstyle got taken away from him like a toddlers toy. Tell it to someone who cares.

It was broken and got nerfed, crying to me like I'm your therapist isn't going to change that.

 

Wizards?  Broken?   Toddlers toys?

 

The card worked exactly how it said it did.  Bottom line.

 

Its kind of funny that you claim the people who dislike the change are toddlers and wizards, who are crying.   When you've spent a very long time crying about SB and the players who used it.   Kind of a hypocrite?    

 

 

1 hour ago, gtmike said:

Wow now we're talking about who could beat who lol ok

 

You sound like a barcode tryhard straight out of GTA, what's next "1v1 me bro"

 

I never said i could beat you, id said i destroy you. Its got nuthin' to do with 'try hards'   You can't shoot and rely on auto aim.  I can free aim and use AA to kill even faster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252

@Hudawgi wouldn't even bother replying to him. He got his ass whooped by SB, he can't free aim for sh*t and he can't back up any possible legitimate argument he may have. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike

SB is dead, I'm just here to dance on it's grave. The thread asked for opinions on the changes and I gave mine.

 

If you're the type of player to use a cheesy playstyle like staying in SB for 10+ minutes while chugging potions, then I honestly hope you quit and head back to Hogwarts. Good riddance.

 

If these wizard comments offend you, then it's clear what type of player you are. I'm done with this tired and useless thread, and the salty little kids in it 👍

Edited by gtmike
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
8 minutes ago, gtmike said:

SB is dead, I'm just here to dance on it's grave. The thread asked for opinions on the changes and I gave mine.

 

If you're the type of player to use a cheesy playstyle like staying in SB for 10+ minutes while chugging potions, then I honestly hope you quit and head back to Hogwarts. Good riddance.

 

If these wizard comments offend you, then it's clear what type of player you are. I'm done with this tired and useless thread, and the salty little kids in it 👍

Seriously, get help with this 'wizard' fetish. You literally can't say anything why SB needed nerfed. 

 

But I know who you are, you're the easiest guy to kill with SB even as it stands post update.

 

Edit: #KeepOnDancing - I'll #KeepOnKilling

Edited by Ryan5252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
Just now, Ryan5252 said:

Seriously, get help with this 'wizard' fetish. You literally can't say anything why SB needed nerfed. 

 

But I know who you are, you're the easiest guy to kill with SB even as it stands post update.

We had that discussion in another thread. You missed it I guess.

 

This other guy is mad because as the discussion was finishing up, they nerfed SB, basically confirming what we were saying all along. Now he's salty and can't let it go...and you're here too...for some reason.

 

Ok that's the last one! Bye kids, go ahead and take the last word.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
2 minutes ago, gtmike said:

...and you're here too...for some reason

 

Kinda here because I created the topic lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
3 hours ago, gtmike said:

 

 

If you're the type of player to use a cheesy playstyle like staying in SB for 10+ minutes while chugging potions, then I honestly hope you quit and head back to Hogwarts. 

Calling free aim cheesy and magical while using auto aim in a pvp shooting makes no sense.

 

I don't get it..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox
16 hours ago, Hudawg said:

Calling free aim cheesy and magical while using auto aim in a pvp shooting makes no sense.

 

I don't get it..

 

 

Forcing free aim in a auto aim game with the worst free aim in existence is cheesy. 

Edited by Gleeman Vox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
43 minutes ago, Gleeman Vox said:

Forcing free aim in a auto aim game with the worst free aim in existence is cheesy. 

Its not an 'auto aim' game.  Its game with different aim choices that lacks proper aim lobbies.

 

So if a person uses free aim, forcing auto aim on them is the same as forcing free aim on auto aim users.  Fair is fair in that context.

 

Since auto aim is basically cheating in pvp.  Free aim should trump auto aim.    Free aim is actual in game shooting.. Auto aim does most of the work for you.   

 

Besides, I can force 'free aim' onto any player.  By staying out of lock on range and shooting.

 

 

 

Edited by Hudawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baltel

I hope they give more love to the "healer" cards in the game(so i can cosplay aerith) , quite an inspiration or a moment to recuperate, should be something you could use for help your whole team in a more efficient way, idk maybe quite an inspiration should also revive down teammates, or a moment to recuperate heals also players close to you in some range , something like that could make the fights more interesting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

I wonder if SB makes snipers inaccurate? As far as I can tell, those are otherwise immune to the whole aiming bloom thing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.