The Collector General Thread

Jason

Doctor-Anarchy 🇬🇧

I spent like 4 hours (IRL) Riding all over the map with the metal detector out & only found one buried Item. Rockstar definitely Changed it. Before the update, I could find items almost everywhere. Now almost nothing. 

yep, definitly nerfed tghe collector role, but thats not sursprising, since its by far the most profitable role (even without the map).

most of us had made their huge bank account by using this map, lets be honest....

• Like 3

Even if there are new spawn points they probably all will be mapped pretty soon. Just like the previous.

• Like 2

Role Improvements

• Updates have been made to the Collector role collectible spawn system to make spawns less predictable

Found this in the patch notes!

5 hours ago, Stupidis said:

Even if there are new spawn points they probably all will be mapped pretty soon. Just like the previous.

"Pretty soon" is a little conservative. "The map" took some time to make. Imagine putting all that time in only to have to start from scratch. I see the person is working on it, and God bless em for giving it another go.

14 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

"Pretty soon" is a little conservative. "The map" took some time to make. Imagine putting all that time in only to have to start from scratch. I see the person is working on it, and God bless em for giving it another go.

Sure. However I know that several players shared locations in here as well. Best thing is if everyone gives feedback to the map maker as well as in here and share locations.

• Like 1

Iirc last session I found 2 coins in the same spot they have always been. Half eagle, at the shore of the lower montana river and that penny if I'm not mistaken, right near tumbleweed at the windmill. Just sayin, random spots though I found none.

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Fixed an issue that prevented collection of the same Red Dead Online collectibles for two accounts shared on the same console

Can confirm it´s fixed. Could collect the same collectible today with three accounts on one PS4.

ALifeOfMisery
23 minutes ago, Zalwig said:

Can confirm it´s fixed. Could collect the same collectible today with three accounts on one PS4.

It makes me wonder whether R* have "fixed" being able to collect the same items on the same account in the same day by using more than one PS4.

I haven't tried it since the update, but I abused the sh*t out of it in the 10 days prior.

Leftover Pizza
15 hours ago, fryday said:

yep, definitly nerfed tghe collector role, but thats not sursprising, since its by far the most profitable role (even without the map).

most of us had made their huge bank account by using this map, lets be honest....

My guess is more like they had to free up some data to be used for other new stuff on the map, or to support old stuff better. Things like animal spawns in the world vs dig spots.

Anyone locate the obsidian arrowhead today? NVM, found it

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

39 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Anyone more than me who have issues finding eggs for daily?

Got me 3 eggs via pass reward. Picked 'em up from my lockbox.Funny though, the daily registered as complete but the gold didnt register. Switched sessions and tried that again with  3 wildflowers, also taken from my lockbox filled with reward collectibles; and that worked wirh half a bar registered. Sorry, I drifted away. haven't seen any eggs aside from vulture eggs during the condor egg event.

Btw...the cycles got mixed "together" didn't they? Same Spots same collectibles but on different days/cycles. Like half the coins from day 1 are now day 2 and maybe half the bracelets from day 2 are now day 1....?!  Could it be like that? I was hardly looking for collectibles since the update...but it seemed I had found the right collectible in the right Place just on the "wrong" day

Edited by BUT THE BENZ
  • Like 2

clinical oppression

I think the number of spots has greatly decreased . I never used maps, I would just ride around with the metal detector and it would go off every minute or two just travelling . Now it's lucky to go off once every 5 ...  if at all . 

1 hour ago, Nerfgoth said:

Anyone more than me who have issues finding eggs for daily?

Wasn't even worth my effort to try. Does the Gypsy sell bird egg maps?

4 minutes ago, clinical oppression said:

I think the number of spots has greatly decreased . I never used maps, I would just ride around with the metal detector and it would go off every minute or two just travelling . Now it's lucky to go off once every 5 ...  if at all . 

More than likely, most of what you were finding were random spots. Who knows how they were affected at this point. As far as what's supposed to out there, you just got to find it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Wasn't even worth my effort to try. Does the Gypsy sell bird egg maps?

More than likely, most of what you were finding were random spots. Who knows how they were affected at this point. As far as what's supposed to out there, you just got to find it.

She does but those you find when using maps people without the same map active cant find the eggs you find!

3 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

She does but those you find when using maps people without the same map active cant find the eggs you find!

I couldn't remember but I just looked, seems I already one lol. You sure about that? I used a map yesterday and my friend was able to get what I was getting. It was coins, not eggs. IDK if that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I couldn't remember but I just looked, seems I already one lol. You sure about that? I used a map yesterday and my friend was able to get what I was getting. It was coins, not eggs. IDK if that makes a difference.

It shouldn´t!

Next-Gen Vercettis

I think part of the reason they did this is to make people buy the collector maps from Nazar again. 

I stopped using them a while ago and only bought them to open when the daily challenge came up. 

1 hour ago, Next-Gen Vercettis said:

I think part of the reason they did this is to make people buy the collector maps from Nazar again. 

I stopped using them a while ago and only bought them to open when the daily challenge came up. 

Eh, doubtful as using those maps is a slower way to get collectables than using them is if you know how they pick the spawns.

They mixed it up because it was too easy using player made maps and for no other reason I suspect. It's a good move in all honestly, when I first played the role what I feared eventually played out (maps) which is why I wanted random spawns and whatnot every day. I dunno if this is how they've done it here, but trying to mix it up with the spawns is good.

That being said on what they've done I honestly have no idea. I'm seeing new spawns and also some of the old spawns and there seems to be less metal detector spots in general around the map. I've also picked up collectables in the same spot twice in one day (not because of reset), though that could've been cause the servers have been scuffed.

• Like 3

Next-Gen Vercettis
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

..it was too easy using player made maps.. 

And people were using that instead of buying the maps from Nazar which made them redundant. 

I did say partly, I don't think this is the only, or even main reason they changed it. 

Another could be they didn't want people racking up the xp by selling multiple sets and finishing the outlaw pass in 2 days. 

I think most of us expected a nerf at some point anyway. 

I see the ropke map has some collectables on it that I was able to get today. It looks bare compared to what it was though. 

No person with decent knowledge of Collector were using Nazar's maps. They are bad, there's a reason I don't recommend them to any Collector even a level 1 lol. You can and have always been able to find collectables quicker by going from point of interest to point of interest. It's not like they want them to be a money sink either, they're not expensive.

But yes, a Collector nerf was inevitable in some form or another.

I don't actually see a nerf. I think they just added more days to the circle. Today I used the jeanropke map and got full collection for lost jewlery and coins. And still the same good payout. If the random spots have been less I don't know. But collector is still a damn good way to earn fast and easy cash. Especially since R* still haven't fixed animal spawns which basically make the whole trader role irrelevant.

• Like 3

I think the changes are good. I've observed drastically reduced random spawns and I don't know WTF is going on with the online map. I haven't done any collecting since the update and at $225K after all major purchases from this update I don't really need to so I'll be having a break...for now. I knew this nerf was coming, collecting was and probably still is far too lucrative and unbalanced. Good move.  

last cycle was #3  and I was able to collect full sets of bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and flowers - just like before?! was on my way to get the coins too but I let that slide. 

antique bottles, arrow-heads and eggs got a new layout. none at their cycle #3 spot. found an EGRET egg at a new spot btw, it is at BLUEMARSH, left shore from the B, the tree is pretty much out in the open.

6 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

Got me 3 eggs via pass reward. Picked 'em up from my lockbox.Funny though, the daily registered as complete but the gold didnt register. 

took some time but I realized that more than 3 eggs were required. fortunately got me 5 because I stumbled upon that new egret nest.

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Well I’m trying to use the collector online map despite the changes in hope I could at least do a few things anyway and so far I’m not having fun. The nerf sucks lol. I found some items that I remembered belonging to a certain cycle, leading me to believe that cycle 1 2 or 3 was happening for that particular collection but since the map is in big WiP, that specific cycle was deactivated among many other items... So I’m blindly exploring.

So far in one hour I found 2 items. Gmrm

Edited by NChabb

2 hours ago, Next-Gen Vercettis said:

Another could be they didn't want people racking up the xp by selling multiple sets and finishing the outlaw pass in 2 days. 

Well considering they announced a new pass before it even came out, gave people plenty of time to hoard collections. Besides that, if you wanted to skip the XP altogether, all you had to do was fork out 100 gold.

• Like 1

Next-Gen Vercettis
2 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Well considering they announced a new pass before it even came out, gave people plenty of time to hoard collections. Besides that, if you wanted to skip the XP altogether, all you had to do was fork out 100 gold.

You can pay gold to complete the outlaw pass instead of earning the xp?