The Bounty Hunter General Thread

Jason

How long is the cooldown for each legendary bounty hunter mission?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Holy sh*t 4 star bounty is pretty freaking hard, I solod it so I had to just kill all 3 targets before they could get away.

Ofcourse they all ran off into a different direction and I was spamming health cures and horse medicine like crazy.

The enemies hit so hard, and you have 0 lives.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IzzyBlues93 said:

Should be in the description... one a week.

14 minutes ago, No Homing said:

Holy sh*t 4 star bounty is pretty freaking hard, I solod it so I had to just kill all 3 targets before they could get away.

Ofcourse they all ran off into a different direction and I was spamming health cures and horse medicine like crazy.

A 3 star six man (location pending) can be difficult solo. I usually get half of them in the wagon. I cannot imagine this legendary one solo... gonna get my boys together so we can harmonize.. and catch some bastards.

Edited by Karen Daniels

50 minutes ago, No Homing said:

It's broken is what it is. Twice now I've had all three dead waiting to be picked up by me and put into the wagon and the mission fails cause they "got away".

They're f*cking dead.

Don't do the 4 star poster mission solo.

Edited by Jason

50 minutes ago, IzzyBlues93 said:

31 minutes ago, Karen Daniels said:

Should be in the description... one a week.

I did the Mexican chick twice today. The fist time was after getting the notice and I went to the Valentine bounty board, second time was from the board in Tumbleweed.

I'm glad to hear bounties start to get more challenging because I just hit Established and it's been nothing but turkey shoots so far.

1 hour ago, No Homing said:

There is 5 stars or 4 is the top?

Yeah I did the Mexican woman twice now in the span of about 1 or 2 hours or close to that.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

26 minutes ago, joel15cat said:

There is 5 stars or 4 is the top?

Five is the highest, there's an award for it.

54 minutes ago, IzzyBlues93 said:

Yeah I did the Mexican woman twice now in the span of about 1 or 2 hours or close to that.

For me the legendary bounty became available after around an in game day had passed.

Did the 3 star version just a couple of minutes ago. Got 970 bounty hunter xp, 0.32 gold and 75 dollars.

Not bad, I like those type of missions.

Question to the topic...Can they be played as many times as you want after you have completed the four star one? Or is four times the limit.

Once you get a method going I can see people grinding these.

Unlocked the “reverse spin” gun trick today, however it is the only “skill page” that I am unable to read? Anybody else experienced this?

Note: all other skill pages I have unlocked have worked fine, but this one doesn’t give me the option to “read”

Bolas info:

If you capture an enemy with a bolas and leave them for too long they'll break free and you'll lose the bolas. If you hogtie them before they break freak you'll get the bolas back.

just lost $30 feelsbadman

4 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I did the Mexican chick twice today. The fist time was after getting the notice and I went to the Valentine bounty board, second time was from the board in Tumbleweed.

Yeah correction... one new target per week. You can do them, probably up to 5 times (5 stars is max). The second time going after her the returns were not as great as the first go, but still worth the replay.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Bolas info:

If you capture an enemy with a bolas and leave them for too long they'll break free and you'll lose the bolas. If you hogtie them before they break freak you'll get the bolas back.

just lost $30 feelsbadman

I'm more annoyed that we can only carry 2 bolas at a time. I am sure I would have been able to solo the 6 man bounty (located at the Lagras camp from the story) if I had been able to carry 4. 3 of them I was able to subdue (two threw bolas, one I straight up tackled and tied) but since I used the bolas on the two guys, the time it took to collect them back allowed the other 3 to escape.

@Karen Daniels you can carry 3 bolas.

Personally I just they're too expensive, should be like $10 each at most.

4 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

4 hours ago, IzzyBlues93 said:

z5RJwYb.jpg

Four star bounty complete. F*** that was tough. 700+ xp, rank 14. I'll tackle 15 tomorrow. Those NPC's are like toniced up players tanking three-four shotgun slugs, full LeMat cylinders, & horse trampling. Practice headshots, bring ALL your ammo types, stock up on tonics & seasoned big game meats. Also, near the end, when you finally put the last baddie in your wagon, a (fairly large, 12 or so) wave of enemies spawn right on top of you.

Edited by Ronin Ogami
  • Like 2

Sent a ticket in a few days ago for having to pay for the BH license even though I have Twitch Prime. Got the reimbursement just now along with this message 

8iOSOQ4.png

• Like 2

5 star is crazy hard. NPC’s are harder to kill and don’t show up on mini map. They are more accurate, and deal more damage as well.  Most fun I’ve had with the bounty role so far. I would suggest chugging a lot of tonics. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ring Dang Do said:

It’s dependant on how much time you have left, the less time the more xp you get. So if I can remember correctly, if you have 30 seconds remaining on the timer then you should get max xp at 400xp. Be careful though because the Bounty Hunter role xp is bugged and a lot of people myself included get no role xp for handing in the bounty.

Still a bit confused about the xp 😂 handed a bounty in there with 20 seconds left and got 654xp

Bounties are completely broken for me this morning, can't get a single one to start properly.

Getting the message that I've done a mission too recently, even on my first attempt of today, black screen before every try.

I've tried all the usual stuff, fast travel across the map, riding to another area, doing a mission I know won't award XP to see if the game corrects itself, changing lobby, closing app, clearing cache. Nothing works.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jamielewis90 said:

Unlocked the “reverse spin” gun trick today, however it is the only “skill page” that I am unable to read? Anybody else experienced this?

Note: all other skill pages I have unlocked have worked fine, but this one doesn’t give me the option to “read”

I can confirm none of my gun trick pages are actually registered as being checked off, but I do have all of them unlocked despite that being the case. The same thing happened with my increased tonic satchel page. Just dumb little bugs.

• Like 1

So, I finally took on the five star bounty, & THAT is the way you ring in the rank of Distinguished.

vTZ3yBs.png

& now my new look, which I'll be rocking for a while, & absolutely wearing this for all BH free roam events.

1lAZJqn.png

• Like 1