Jump to content

The Bounty Hunter General Thread


Jason

Recommended Posts

Danish Crusader

This probably should be in the Bitch and moan thread but... It is not easy to level Bounty Hunting when you don't get any XP half the time.

Well, hopefully clearing the cache will help in that regard on my next attempt.

 

Really looking forward to getting to level 10, I really want that horse upgrade =D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

This probably should be in the Bitch and moan thread but... It is not easy to level Bounty Hunting when you don't get any XP half the time.

Well, hopefully clearing the cache will help in that regard on my next attempt.

 

Really looking forward to getting to level 10, I really want that horse upgrade =D

Since last night I stopped getting role xp...guess I’ll be going collector for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Danish Crusader
On 9/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, DEADWOODZ said:

Since last night I stopped getting role xp...guess I’ll be going collector for a bit.

I found(And read afterwards) that if the screen turns black, you don't get XP or dollar reward, only a few gold.

I also read that if you clear the cache on your console of choice, the chances of it happening gets reduced by a lot, so here's hoping it actually works like people say it does.

 

[EDIT] It may work for PS4, but not Xbox.

Edited by Danish Crusader
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also I've noticed joining a BH in progress doesn't give anything but gold as well, I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did bh today for 2-3 hours, spawned often after a black screen, and even if i had one in my posse and picked up a poster with two targets we always only got 1 to hunt.

Feels very glitchy. 

Wanted to rank up on this role but maby better to hope they fix it soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bola's are a little expensive for something you can lose but they're p good from what I'm seeing, they've got surprisingly good range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, Ring Dang Do said:

Does it not let you go inside the tent?

I tested it, you can walk around inside the tent.

 

Also press Y/Trianble to sit on the chair outside.

3 hours ago, RyuNova said:

 

You can buy them from Stables. New section called "Vehicles"

Totally wasn't appearing for me last night. I spent 30 mins going through all the menus, couldn't find it.

Yet I know I had seen it before.

 

I saw it on Saint Denis stables, but I was in Valentine. Unless it was because I was in a posse, temp disabled, or Valentines stable doesn't do it. IDK

After 30 mins of looking, the game decided to crash anyway.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Yea it replaces the old lasso.

It appears in the weapon wheel, but doesn't 'replace' the old lasso.

 

You still have both the lasso and reinforced lasso.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

I tested it, you can walk around inside the tent.

 

Also press Y/Trianble to sit on the chair outside.

Totally wasn't appearing for me last night. I spent 30 mins going through all the menus, couldn't find it.

Yet I know I had seen it before.

 

I saw it on Saint Denis stables, but I was in Valentine. Unless it was because I was in a posse, temp disabled, or Valentines stable doesn't do it. IDK

After 30 mins of looking, the game decided to crash anyway.

It appears in the weapon wheel, but doesn't 'replace' the old lasso.

 

You still have both the lasso and reinforced lasso.

Can you stash the old lasso in your weapons locker?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

It appears in the weapon wheel, but doesn't 'replace' the old lasso.

 

You still have both the lasso and reinforced lasso.

Oh you're 100% right.

 

I just checked and noticed you don't spawn with it on you, you have to get it off your horse before its in your personal inventory, like the machete. Hopefully they fix that or give us a way to pre-select our melee and throwable inventory. This potentially explains why my tied up bounties never broke one day but broke free all the time the next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do I dismiss the bounty wagon?

 

Left D-pad

Stable

Vehicles

Wagon

Select Wagon

x/square - dimiss

Edited by Pocket Fox
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure most of you have already figured this out but I'll share the tip anyway. When you get a bounty that has the ? where you're required to inspect clues in the search area, the spots where the trail goes cold are the three potential spawn locations for the bounty target. So if you get that bounty again at the same location it's pretty easy to just skip inspecting clues and ride to the spawn points in eagle eye. These can be the easiest and quickest bounty missions once you figure out where they spawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While cool the Gun Tricks are a sh*t reward for Bounty Hunters. R* really scraped the bottom of the barrel for rewards. Gun Tricks should have been an unlock for everyone independent of Role or you should be able to get "multipliers" for kills when using gun tricks. Kill someone after using a trick and you get x2 EXP from the kill, do another gun trick after that and get another kill and you get three times etc. You can't use the same gun trick twice in a row. You could be getting near a hundred EXP per kill if you combo all the tricks into kills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

While cool the Gun Tricks are a sh*t reward for Bounty Hunters. R* really scraped the bottom of the barrel for rewards. Gun Tricks should have been an unlock for everyone independent of Role or you should be able to get "multipliers" for kills when using gun tricks. Kill someone after using a trick and you get x2 EXP from the kill, do another gun trick after that and get another kill and you get three times etc. You can't use the same gun trick twice in a row. You could be getting near a hundred EXP per kill if you combo all the tricks into kills.

They're a cosmetic only 'skill' while the other roles actually get skills that contribute...

 

I'd much rather skills like this

 

Two Fingered Whistle: You can whistle your wagon to follow/come to you

 

Calm Under Fire: Your horse will not buck you off (unless it's an explosion)

 

Blind Faith: Your horse will come to you when whistled, even while under fire/attack

 

Deep Pockets: Carry 25% more ammunition (except throwables/craftables)

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

They're a cosmetic only 'skill' while the other roles actually get skills that contribute...

 

I'd much rather skills like this

 

Two Fingered Whistle: You can whistle your wagon to follow/come to you

 

Calm Under Fire: Your horse will not buck you off (unless it's an explosion)

 

Blind Faith: Your horse will come to you when whistled, even while under fire/attack

 

Deep Pockets: Carry 25% more ammunition (except throwables/craftables)

 

 

All excellent Perks that fit the Role. I would also add;

War Horse - Three short whistles when dismounted will make your Horse charge and tackle an enemy causing significant damage to said enemy.


Calming Touch - Calming your Horse while mounted will now restore 40% of their Stamina bar.

 

Equine Grace - The distance that your Horse is spooked by Predators is significantly reduced.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vice Beach said:

I'm sure most of you have already figured this out but I'll share the tip anyway. When you get a bounty that has the ? where you're required to inspect clues in the search area, the spots where the trail goes cold are the three potential spawn locations for the bounty target. So if you get that bounty again at the same location it's pretty easy to just skip inspecting clues and ride to the spawn points in eagle eye. These can be the easiest and quickest bounty missions once you figure out where they spawn.

 Actually, don't enter the "?" just ride around the yellow area, So far four out of four times, I spotted the target with eagle eye standing around near the edge. Different locations each time, but never within the yellow circle. Always somewhere near the edge.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vice Beach said:

I'm sure most of you have already figured this out but I'll share the tip anyway. When you get a bounty that has the ? where you're required to inspect clues in the search area, the spots where the trail goes cold are the three potential spawn locations for the bounty target. So if you get that bounty again at the same location it's pretty easy to just skip inspecting clues and ride to the spawn points in eagle eye. These can be the easiest and quickest bounty missions once you figure out where they spawn.

The ones that are open search area,you can even activate eagle eye and if u have the perk just look around and you will notice them glowing red

Edited by ExtremeTorque
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About the daily role of Player Bounties collected...

I tried to lasso my friend who have currently bounty 20 cash


and never give me a waypoint or nothing at all i went to police station and then just nothing....

 

I am very confused about player bounty to drop it on the jail

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Danish Crusader said:

This probably should be in the Bitch and moan thread but... It is not easy to level Bounty Hunting when you don't get any XP half the time.

Well, hopefully clearing the cache will help in that regard on my next attempt.

 

Really looking forward to getting to level 10, I really want that horse upgrade =D

So it's just not me not getting xp from delivered bounties. Today I also experienced that bounty missions are cancelled due to my posse left. Problem is just that I wasn't in any posse nor had started my own.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

They're a cosmetic only 'skill' while the other roles actually get skills that contribute...

 

I'd much rather skills like this

 

Two Fingered Whistle: You can whistle your wagon to follow/come to you

 

Calm Under Fire: Your horse will not buck you off (unless it's an explosion)

 

Blind Faith: Your horse will come to you when whistled, even while under fire/attack

 

Deep Pockets: Carry 25% more ammunition (except throwables/craftables)

 

That would be awesome. R* did say that they'd add things to make us more connected to our horses so maybe one day we'll get something along these lines.

9 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

So it's just not me not getting xp from delivered bounties. Today I also experienced that bounty missions are cancelled due to my posse left. Problem is just that I wasn't in any posse nor had started my own.

We'll have to do some bounties if it's not too glitchy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rokushakubo said:

 

We'll have to do some bounties if it's not too glitchy.

Absolutely. I'm working to rank up so I can get the bounty wagon. Getting posters with four targets now and it is a bit sad not to be able to get those.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

Absolutely. I'm working to rank up so I can get the bounty wagon. Getting posters with four targets now and it is a bit sad not to be able to get those.

 

What's your current level?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rokushakubo said:

What's your current level?

 

 

Seven. My focus so far has been on Collector and Trader where I have maxed out both (yes, I have played RDO way too much the last days 😂)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

 

Seven. My focus so far has been on Collector and Trader where I have maxed out both (yes, I have played RDO way too much the last days 😂)

Hey me too, haha. Trader is maxed and collector is rocketing now I have the metal detector. Gonna grind to 20 then hit BH. Want those dual spins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there any other way to get role xp outside of playing bounty missions?  The missions are bugged and they only give out 187 xp.

 

Edit-Wait for 30 seconds to turn them in for like 487 role xp, so dumb.  If anyone is looking for something to do, lasso them and drag them it knocks them out but does not kill them, (it sometimes does kill them) I just dragged a poor woman around the Rhodes church for 8 mins, it counts towards the belt buckle.  I bey you can max out the buckle way faster than rank 20.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

Is there any other way to get role xp outside of playing bounty missions?  The missions are bugged and they only give out 187 xp.

Not as far as I know. Maybe doing player bounties but I have not seen one option to go after a player with a high bounty. I wonder if it’s because I’m in defensive mode 99% of the time. I’m curious if the bounty free roam events give you role XP, I haven’t tried any yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Vice Beach said:

I’m curious if the bounty free roam events give you role XP, I haven’t tried any yet.

They do. All the free roam events tied to the roles give the relevant role exp. Award and daily challenge for each role also give role exp.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why the f*ck am I being put into Solo Sessions when I accept a Bounty and then not getting paid when I complete them? I have reset my Xbox once and the same thing happened. Might as well not play if I ain't getting paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Why the f*ck am I being put into Solo Sessions when I accept a Bounty and then not getting paid when I complete them? I have reset my Xbox once and the same thing happened. Might as well not play if I ain't getting paid.

You're playing in a heavy populated area.

 

Sadly, to get the most benefit from BH you have to spawn in Region A, and then ride or fast travel to Region C/D to get away from other people.

 

Otherwise the game is like 'cant do this mission for you, because someone is there....hmmm. I'll throw you into a private session.....and give you 0xp $0 as reward.

 

Really poor planning.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

You're playing in a heavy populated area.

 

Sadly, to get the most benefit from BH you have to spawn in Region A, and then ride or fast travel to Region C/D to get away from other people.

 

Otherwise the game is like 'cant do this mission for you, because someone is there....hmmm. I'll throw you into a private session.....and give you 0xp $0 as reward.

 

Really poor planning.

 

I suspected it was because the game sensed that someone was in the way of the Bounty spawning. I dont mind it spawning me away from people, it merges servers once the mission is done. I just want ma muneh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is getting tedious now. Hardly any bounties are giving me XP upon completion.

 

I've been lobby hopping and fast travelling to stay away from other players, but even this isn't working consistently enough for me to make any real progress through the ranks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.