Jump to content

The Bounty Hunter General Thread


Jason

Recommended Posts

So... I have no idea how the game expects me to clear 20 enemies AND catch up to the fleeing bounty in 1 second.  That's what it's been today.  Target has arrived.  I fire once, taking out a guard, and get the notice that the bounty is escaping.  ONE SECOND later, the mission ends, he's escaped.  It's ridiculous.  Bounty missions are damn near impossible when they constantly (invisibly) run away, let alone when they do it in 1 second.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, what I do is ignore the other guys and see if the bounty runs.

 

If the bounty runs, it is easy because you just pursue on your horse (they are often on foot.)

 

I shoot one of the guys maybe, to get the bounty so he is running. You'll kind of see his red "bounty" thing flash before he goes invisible again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Krommer said:

Yeah, what I do is ignore the other guys and see if the bounty runs.

 

If the bounty runs, it is easy because you just pursue on your horse (they are often on foot.)

 

I shoot one of the guys maybe, to get the bounty so he is running. You'll kind of see his red "bounty" thing flash before he goes invisible again.

Ya, I've taken to doing the same, but it's a shame.... part of the fun is the shootout with the goons.  Plus, 9 times out of 10, he'll run the other way, so I have to go through his whole army to get TO him.  I mean, that's good sense, but not much fun for my horse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, STNeish said:

Ya, I've taken to doing the same, but it's a shame.... part of the fun is the shootout with the goons.  Plus, 9 times out of 10, he'll run the other way, so I have to go through his whole army to get TO him.  I mean, that's good sense, but not much fun for my horse.

This is one of the reasons I'll likely never level BH; I'm way too fond of "Wellllllllllllll, they did say Dead or Alive...<insert rolling block headshot here>"  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a map similar to the treasure map that lists all the possible locations of a bounty when you have to inspect clues and use eagle eye?

 

I just did a $$$ bounty from Strawberry where I had to look for clues from Blackwater Camp. Inspected all the clues except for that sleeping bag cause it wasn’t giving me an option to inspect it. So I quit the game, then went back on a few minutes later, started a $$$ bounty in Blackwater, gave me the same scenario and location so I got the same sh*t all over again. So I rage quit and called it a night. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MC. said:

Is there a map similar to the treasure map that lists all the possible locations of a bounty when you have to inspect clues and use eagle eye?

 

 

Yo MC!

 

This Reddit guy Harms-Way made one

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ It's missing a few locations though, but it's pretty useful nonetheless.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2020 at 3:51 AM, aFinn said:

 

Yo MC!

 

This Reddit guy Harms-Way made one

 

 

Yo Finn! Thank you very much!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Johnny GTA Watson

Howdy 🐎

I'm so late to the party. I'm level 25 and just getting to grips with it all. I'm really enjoying these. Finding  them a challenge. Are they all possible solo? 

Many thanks 

Edited by Johnny GTA Watson
OK so far. Will invest in a wagon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
BUT THE BENZ

cannot call my wagon. how am I supposed to deliver multiple targets now....wtf

on PS4

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twist Of Sugar Venom

Decided to do the Wolf Man bounty again. Found him at his camp playing with two wolves and I shot them both. He then says “you’ve killed them all” and no more wolves appeared, even after having a look around for some. Easiest legendary bounty I’ve ever done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:45 PM, STNeish said:

So... I have no idea how the game expects me to clear 20 enemies AND catch up to the fleeing bounty in 1 second.  That's what it's been today.  Target has arrived.  I fire once, taking out a guard, and get the notice that the bounty is escaping.  ONE SECOND later, the mission ends, he's escaped.  It's ridiculous.  Bounty missions are damn near impossible when they constantly (invisibly) run away, let alone when they do it in 1 second.

Maybe this will be helpful, if you are willing to change your ability card setup.  When I do bounty hunts, I use Quiet An Inspiration for my dead eye card.  As soon as I see the bounty, I shoot him/her with a tracking arrow, activate my dead eye, chase him/her down and bola/hogtie.  The dead eye continuously keeps my health regenerating so the NPC gun fire doesn't take as much of a toll on my health.  After I have the target hogtied, I lay waste to all of the goons.  My horse is usually the one that takes the most pain...lol.  I sometimes have to revive my horse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gibsonteddyj said:

Maybe this will be helpful, if you are willing to change your ability card setup.  When I do bounty hunts, I use Quiet An Inspiration for my dead eye card.  As soon as I see the bounty, I shoot him/her with a tracking arrow, activate my dead eye, chase him/her down and bola/hogtie.  The dead eye continuously keeps my health regenerating so the NPC gun fire doesn't take as much of a toll on my health.  After I have the target hogtied, I lay waste to all of the goons.  My horse is usually the one that takes the most pain...lol.  I sometimes have to revive my horse.

Actually, my strategy lately has been to chug a tonic, walk boldly into the camp and hogtie the target while the enemy blasts away.  I then take my time wiping them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, MC. said:

Yo MC!

 

This Reddit guy Harms-Way made one

Whoa, nice! (map of search bounty locations.)

 

Those search bounties can be irritating ;)

 

On 10/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, STNeish said:

Actually, my strategy lately has been to chug a tonic, walk boldly into the camp and hogtie the target while the enemy blasts away.  I then take my time wiping them out.

 

Lols, I've done that some too. I especially do that on the one with the four ladies, since you can easily hog tie them all (then just hope you can get the wagon over there, before any possibly slip away.) 

Or if it seems like it will go south, I'll just shoot four so none escape ;)

 

On 7/18/2020 at 8:37 AM, Johnny GTA Watson said:

Finding  them a challenge. Are they all possible solo? 

Yeah, with the bounty wagon and some coordination/luck they are. Only one I've found mostly impossible is when those guys are up at the fort/thing way north, with no way to ride the bounty wagon up there on that terrain (at least not for me ;) )

So I often shoot them all, but you can't even get them ALL back to the NPC's bounty wagon on your horse in time. But that one only comes up if you are accepting a bounty around Strawberry, or something; I've taken to getting a bounty around Armadillo/Tumbleweed/Benedict's more, they are usually pretty easy by comparison to the ones you might get way up north in the snow. Near Armadillo, I've got the one to get the four ladies and they are pretty dang close to Armadillo mostly just standing there, so it is an easy hogtie of them all and toss in the wagon then travel a few feet ;)

 

I hardly do bounties anymore, though. I'll do the one star, easy one, for "bounty turned in with at least 5 mintues left." Only way that can go horrible if it is a stupid one where the bounty is on a train... hate those!

Edited by Krommer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 2:45 AM, Krommer said:

I hardly do bounties anymore, though. I'll do the one star, easy one, for "bounty turned in with at least 5 mintues left."

 

Spoke too soon, with the addition to level 30; they keep pulling me back in!!!!  ;)

 

I kind of find them fun again, now. Hoping the other trades get added stuff too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
sicksick6ix
On 12/15/2020 at 4:00 AM, Krommer said:

 

Spoke too soon, with the addition to level 30; they keep pulling me back in!!!!  ;)

 

I kind of find them fun again, now. Hoping the other trades get added stuff too.

 

Came back after they added level 30 and doing the triple xp payouts to try and get it. This game actually runs good now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
williamhcarlton

With the exception of Legendary and Infamous Bounties, all of the "inspect a clue" scenarios do not requrie searching the clues; in fact it won't help at all unless by sheer accident one of the clues happens to lead you to the targets. Instead (unless there is a Bounty Hunting Daily Role Challenge to track a target in Eagle Eye), simply ignore the clues and go straight to the 1 or 2 places where they typically spawn in. Refined binoculars can help spot them in many cases within seconds. Keep an ear out for their NPC banter/dialogue bc—that means you are close. Legendary and Infamous Bounties have those story elements about them which require interacting with the clues to progress the mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.