Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jason

The Bounty Hunter General Thread

Recommended Posts

~INDIO~
31 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

So, I was originally going to focus on the collector... Boy that was a mistake. Fastest way to level that up is by going Bounty Hunter and looting corpses for collectables, cards and such.

Bounty Hunting is also kind of fun, the timer is a little weird... Why is that there?

Anyway, I need to get some more of those blue coin thingies and get a reinforced lasso. Damned Bounty got off my horse and fell off a cliff earlier. She survived the fall, but still.

Is the Collector role bad? Sounds interesting to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danish Crusader
4 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Is the Collector role bad? Sounds interesting to me

It's not BAD, it's just not that easy to find items for it if you do not buy the maps form Madam what's-her-face. Where as the other 2 roles is much easier to get XP with.

And until you get to rank 5 and get the perk where you can sense nearby collectables, you are pretty much stuck permenantly in Eagle Vision, or whatever it is called (DAMN YOU ASSASSIN'S CREED!).

But with Bounty Hunting, I am getting many more items than I were just looking for collectables. I have only found 1 dig site and 1 card looking for items, but several tarot cards and several gold collectables on bodies during Bounty missions.

Edited by Danish Crusader
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupidis
2 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Is the Collector role bad? Sounds interesting to me

You buy maps that gives you locations to stuff to find. Afterwards you sell that stuff to the gypsy lady that you bought the maps from. Only did one map (3 tarot cards) but it's pretty much like using treasure maps. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Maximus Meridius
1 minute ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Is the Collector role bad? Sounds interesting to me

Bounty Hunter:
CheerfulMajesticGalago-size_restricted.g

Collector:

sjsnbgag9zcsnljjcl4d.jpg

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

If there's any important BH info that should be in the OP just let me know.

 

I've been treasure huntin' all day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ring Dang Do
1 hour ago, Jason said:

If there's any important BH info that should be in the OP just let me know.

 

I've been treasure huntin' all day.

Probably would include the time limit and the different price rewards for handing in the bounties if it’s collect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrometokyo

when you spend 15 gold bars to bring in $10/15 minutes

 

stonks.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
primethief147

Stating the obvious but since it hasn't been said you can just knock your target out and it still counts as a live bounty. So it isn't mandatory to get the upgraded lasso just tie them up, then knock them out by kicking them, and they should (haven't tested it) stay knocked out for rest of the bounty timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
clinical oppression

Ok so where/ when  can you get the reinforced lasso ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamsroob
1 hour ago, clinical oppression said:

Ok so where/ when  can you get the reinforced lasso ? 

From BH level 1, I think, and it's available to buy at the gunsmith

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

Have been chasing ghosts and lagging npc, someone else having the same issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vice Beach
2 hours ago, primethief147 said:

Stating the obvious but since it hasn't been said you can just knock your target out and it still counts as a live bounty. So it isn't mandatory to get the upgraded lasso just tie them up, then knock them out by kicking them, and they should (haven't tested it) stay knocked out for rest of the bounty timer.

I tried this also, one bounty stayed knocked out the whole time, a different one immediately woke up. You can also drag a bounty with your lasso all the way to the sheriff office and they won’t die. Just be knocked out. At least they didn’t die when I drug a bounty from Rathskeller to Tumbleweed (worth testing more) If it works it’s a very easy way to collect two bounties alive without an NPC horse, posse member or having the wagon unlocked. Also if you don’t mind bringing them in Dead you can just use a NPC wagon if you can manage to jump onto a ledge to place them in it.

 

lffmyap10xl31.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox

I really, really, really enjoy the Bounty Hunter role.

 

I actually feel like I'm in my own little spaghetti western adventure now.

 

But I would so dearly love to have the hat the female Bounty Hunter in the intro has.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

Why do the missions have to be timed?

I would have so much more fun if I could take my time.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamielewis90

Does it pay to stall the timer down to the last 30 seconds? Or is that not the case here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
27 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Why do the missions have to be timed?

Makes no sense at all to me and is the only aspect of the Bounty Hunter role I really dislike.

 

It's complete nonsense, imo, that we've gone after a wanted criminal, but if the time limit expires we can no longer turn them in and claim the bounty.

 

The time taken shouldn't matter at all, not every bounty collection should have to be a smash and grab affair. Have a set amount for the bounty in terms of cash and XP, no pay based on time taken, then it's up to us if we want to rush in, kill them and rush back or take our time and make our own fun.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ring Dang Do
31 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Why do the missions have to be timed?

I would have so much more fun if I could take my time.

Wish the timers were removed but for different reasons as it’s pretty boring standing outside of the sheriffs office for 8 minutes watching YouTube videos until the timer goes down to 30 seconds so I can get more xp. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
13 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Is the Collector role bad? Sounds interesting to me

 

13 hours ago, Danish Crusader said:

It's not BAD, it's just not that easy to find items for it if you do not buy the maps form Madam what's-her-face. Where as the other 2 roles is much easier to get XP with.

And until you get to rank 5 and get the perk where you can sense nearby collectables, you are pretty much stuck permenantly in Eagle Vision, or whatever it is called (DAMN YOU ASSASSIN'S CREED!).

But with Bounty Hunting, I am getting many more items than I were just looking for collectables. I have only found 1 dig site and 1 card looking for items, but several tarot cards and several gold collectables on bodies during Bounty missions.

Collector role is transformed once you get the metal detector. It becomes crazy exp and pretty damn good money and once you get the jist of finding cards and the ability to spot digsites, oof. You find stuff constantly.

 

On topic, does anyone know how BH payouts work if you're in co-op? Same for everyone?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
2 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Makes no sense at all to me and is the only aspect of the Bounty Hunter role I really dislike.

 

It's complete nonsense, imo, that we've gone after a wanted criminal, but if the time limit expires we can no longer turn them in and claim the bounty.

 

The time taken shouldn't matter at all, not every bounty collection should have to be a smash and grab affair. Have a set amount for the bounty in terms of cash and XP, no pay based on time taken, then it's up to us if we want to rush in, kill them and rush back or take our time and make our own fun.

 

Its easier to rip sh*t up with a Semi-Auto Shotgun than it is to sneak in and out like a boss.

 

1 minute ago, Ring Dang Do said:

Wish the timers were removed but for different reasons as it’s pretty boring standing outside of the sheriffs office for 8 minutes watching YouTube videos until the timer goes down to 30 seconds so I can get more xp. 

 

I do the same thing for Stranger missions. Its such an obtuse way of doing things, you get punished for being efficient and yet because of the timer you get punished for taking your time and enjoying the mission. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pj9000

So the only way to earn BH XP is completing a bounty? I’m finding it a lot easier to rank up in Trader because you get role XP for multiple things, considerably more XP than completing bounties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NT2YIELD

Anybody tracking the difference between bringing them in dead vs alive? 

 

Interested in Bounty Hunter XP especially but money as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Ran into Black Belle while looking for Collector stuff. She said something along the lines of "you're not a bounty hunter so you're okay"

 

Well, uh....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Maximus Meridius
4 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

 

I actually feel like I'm in my own little spaghetti western adventure now.

 

Yeah, same feeling here. Best addition to RDR2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sarge134

 

23 hours ago, Big_Show said:

First up: If you want to deliver your bounties alive, i would suggest getting the reinforced rope lasso ASAP, the bounties escape once or twice every trip back to the sheriff's office with the original lasso. next on the shopping list the horse and carriage, which looks mint!!!

I don't even have access to the regular lasso. It's missing from the weapon wheel. The last time I played RDR2 online was when the online portion was first introduced. I just started playing again because of the Frontier Pursuits but now the lasso is gone. I don't even see it in the catalog. The only one I see is the reinforced rope. Am I missing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
4 hours ago, RyuNova said:

I do the same thing for Stranger missions. Its such an obtuse way of doing things, you get punished for being efficient and yet because of the timer you get punished for taking your time and enjoying the mission. 

 

I would love to take my Bounty targets on a trip of the States. It could have been a fun little game to take pictures of your Bounties in funny places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrikkenZz
34 minutes ago, sarge134 said:

 

I don't even have access to the regular lasso.

-snip-

 

In the weapon wheel, its in the south-west slot. Throwable category iirc. Have to scroll through your items to find it there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupidis
5 hours ago, RyuNova said:

 

Its easier to rip sh*t up with a Semi-Auto Shotgun than it is to sneak in and out like a boss.

 

 

Or just dual wield the crap out of the bastards!

 

tenor.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sarge134
21 minutes ago, FrikkenZz said:

-snip-

 

In the weapon wheel, its in the south-west slot. Throwable category iirc. Have to scroll through your items to find it there

I will have to check it out again. But I was looking last night but didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karen Daniels

For some reason I have stopped being awarded BH xp... sigh. The bugs in this update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
53 minutes ago, sarge134 said:

I will have to check it out again. But I was looking last night but didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it. Thanks.

I thought we got the regular lasso from the first story mission for Horley/Mrs. LeClerk. (The one where we have to lasso some bandits - But I forgot where, it is the first of those missions though).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.