The Bounty Hunter General Thread

Jason

5 minutes ago, RileyRock said:

How do you learn spin trick with revolver? I cant read skill page.

It learns automatically. Doubletap L1 to start gun tricks then a promt to hold R1 in the lower right corner pops up. Hold R1to get the option of pressing/holding different buttons to do the different gun tricks. You only have one button if you only learnt one trick and then you get more buttons to press the more gun tricks you learn. 

8 hours ago, Metalz said:

Can confirm that, even post-update, bounty hunting missions are still broken. 

It is most frustrating when you get on a run of non-broken loads, and then you get that one...

I have resigned myself to using the bounty boards in more remote areas. Annesburg, Wallace Station, Strawberry (seriously in most lobbies not many people are there).

The only thing I can imagine causes the break, is that someone else is currently on the same bounty. This is just speculation of course, but it would be the most obvious. Next time my buddies are on, before we posse up I am gonna have them (and do so myself) check the boards and see if we all get the same targets (outside of the legendary) or if any match up

Hi there, anyone else had the issue where if you teleport (by this I mean the screen goes black and your effectively put into another session) and when you complete the bounty you only gain gold and no money or XP?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Adam789 said:

Hi there, anyone else had the issue where if you teleport (by this I mean the screen goes black and your effectively put into another session) and when you complete the bounty you only gain gold and no money or XP?

Yeah, a lot of us are getting that. I've not had a single mission work properly since yesterday.

1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yeah, a lot of us are getting that. I've not had a single mission work properly since yesterday.

I found that if I accepted the bounty and then didn’t move at all after it seemed to work for about 3 in a row before it teleported me again. I could have just been lucky but it’s worth a shot

Danish Crusader
29 minutes ago, Adam789 said:

I found that if I accepted the bounty and then didn’t move at all after it seemed to work for about 3 in a row before it teleported me again. I could have just been lucky but it’s worth a shot

I've heard many theories about this. Some say not moving works, some say dismissing your horse before you access the board works... At this point licking your elbow might work so far as theories go =P

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

I've heard many theories about this. Some say not moving works, some say dismissing your horse before you access the board works... At this point licking your elbow might work so far as theories go =P

Indeed XD I have now completed around 8-10 bounties in a row with the ‘stand still’ method and it’s seemed to be reliable so far for me. Not sure weather anyone else has tried this and succeeded? I hope R* fix this soon :(

Danish Crusader
5 minutes ago, Adam789 said:

Indeed XD I have now completed around 8-10 bounties in a row with the ‘stand still’ method and it’s seemed to be reliable so far for me. Not sure weather anyone else has tried this and succeeded? I hope R* fix this soon :(

I tried that, didn't work at all. Granted, that was yesterday(And the days before), today everything went smoothly with the bounties and I didn't do any method.

But I am not counting on it working tomorrow...

I am on Xbox btw, if that means anything in terms of what works or not.

20 hours ago, CB33 said:

5 star is crazy hard. NPC’s are harder to kill and don’t show up on mini map. They are more accurate, and deal more damage as well.  Most fun I’ve had with the bounty role so far. I would suggest chugging a lot of tonics. 

Saved my bacon man, thx for these tips

Tough life as a solo bounty hunter with no wagon...

faZsjGk.jpg

Tier 4 compete with 2 alive and one dead and was rewarded with 1669 role xp 

• Like 4

I had an interesting bug last night. The first bounty mission I tried somewhat predictably didn't award and xp or cash, but at the end of it I wasn't put back into a populated lobby, instead the game left me in the bugged solo lobby from the first bounty mission.

So I tried another bounty mission, thinking if I get a black screen I'll close app and quit for the night, to my surprise the mission started straight away, completed it, received the rewards correctly for the first time in days, great. 

I managed to play another 6 bounty missions, all rewarding correctly, before the game finally put me back in a regular populated lobby, where the first bounty mission I tried got the black screen bug.

Does anyone using purposefully glitched solo lobbies have a similar experience, in that bounties work fine when no one else is around?

• Like 1

@Ring Dang DoIt should last until tuesday. One per week. 

• Like 1

clinical oppression

Yeah I'm still working on collector and trader .....which is good cuz I can't waste time on bh missions when they don't pay out or advance your role ......it's a shame cuz I want tgat level 20 war horse 

4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I had an interesting bug last night. The first bounty mission I tried somewhat predictably didn't award and xp or cash, but at the end of it I wasn't put back into a populated lobby, instead the game left me in the bugged solo lobby from the first bounty mission.

So I tried another bounty mission, thinking if I get a black screen I'll close app and quit for the night, to my surprise the mission started straight away, completed it, received the rewards correctly for the first time in days, great. 

I managed to play another 6 bounty missions, all rewarding correctly, before the game finally put me back in a regular populated lobby, where the first bounty mission I tried got the black screen bug.

Does anyone using purposefully glitched solo lobbies have a similar experience, in that bounties work fine when no one else is around?

Same thing is happening today. Getting a blackscreen before the mission starts, puts me in a solo lobby, that mission doesn't reward XP but then I'm in a solo lobby and everything works.

The only trouble is I can't find a way to keep the solo lobby, sometimes I can play for an hour or more before my lobby merges, other times it's merged before I can reach the next bounty board.

It's so annoying to be reliant upon an inconsistent bug to counteract another inconsistent bug just so I can rank up.

Hunting bounties while listening to the Django Unchained soundtrack; this is what I always wanted the game to be 😎😎

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Fox in a Box said:

Hunting bounties while listening to the Django Unchained soundtrack; this is what I always wanted the game to be 😎😎

Oh Man, You know? Also the "From Dusk 'Till Dawn", & "Desperado" soundtracks.  :D 

• Like 1

The reinforced Lasso does it prevent Targets from breaking free? Would buy if so

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!

10 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

The reinforced Lasso does it prevent Targets from breaking free? Would buy if so

No, it does not, but it takes them much longer to do so. It's worth it, especially for multiple targets.

Edited by Ronin Ogami
  • Like 1

Don Maximus Meridius
6 minutes ago, lennymuhboi said:

Buying the wagon worth it?

It's the way to capture multiple targets. But call the wagon only after action, it's impossible pursuit someone with that thing.

4 hours ago, Ronin Ogami said:

Oh Man, You know? Also the "From Dusk 'Till Dawn", & "Desperado" soundtracks.  :D 

4 hours ago, Fox in a Box said:

Try Red Dead Revolver soundtrack!

• Like 2

Finally got a reply to my ticket about the bounty hunter role xp:

Amanda Q. (Rockstar Support)

Sep 19, 14:30 EDT

Hello ALifeOfMisery,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

It seems that you are not receiving the role XP and the money after completing the bounty mission.

In order to assist you in this concern, I have mentioned the workaround below and would request you to follow the same.

After accepting a Bounty mission, refrain from pushing any buttons, moving or even panning the camera for five seconds, including the analog stick. This should prevent the screen from fading to black. Should you receive a black screen regardless, please switch sessions after the black screen fades and proceed with your mission.

If the issue is still encountering, please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Amanda Q.

Rockstar Support

If they had watched any of the 20 videos linked by the time they replied, they haven't, it would be clear that I already do what they advised, in as far as not pressing anything, not moving, no panning the camera etc.

Oh, I do love my dealings with support.

great no respond about capturing a player bounty...

thank you very much for ignoring.....

lassoing my friend who have bounty 26 and i grab him and im not getting any waypoint or anything so i went to police station and then it dropped him and made him invisible due to closer to bounty poster

there no way to throw player into jail because there was a award about captured player or role daily

4 hours ago, JamesPet345 said:

lassoing my friend who have bounty 26 and i grab him and im not getting any waypoint or anything so i went to police station and then it dropped him and made him invisible due to closer to bounty poster

there no way to throw player into jail because there was a award about captured player or role daily

This has most likely been not answered because not many have done this yet. To get this working (and this is not confirmed, but guessed from what info we have), you keed one player who has a bounty above 20$, then you need another player being Bounty hunter above level 16(iirc, if Im wrong, the right role rank should be in the BH rank menu), because player bounties has to be unlocked for the bounty hunter.

Ok that is the basic, this is where it gets a bit fuzzy, as Im guessing not many, if anyone at all has tried this. If I understand correctly, an event invite should pop up for both the bounty and the bounty hunter, which both needs to accept. Then it works as a mission where one needs to escape and the other has to catch the player and get them to jail.

Thats it. How the event starts Im not sure, Im guessing a bit here, but it is said that its something both has to accept, so its bot just to pick up a player with an above 20$ bounty without any notice. Im too tired to find source atm.

4 hours ago, JamesPet345 said:

15 hours ago, Ronin Ogami said:

No, it does not, but it takes them much longer to do so. It's worth it, especially for multiple targets.

MUCH longer? oooooookay then!

PS4 - Henry_Yo

----------------------

JUSTICE FOR THE BENZ!

3 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

MUCH longer? oooooookay then!

Yeah , it's not a short period, just don't go flower picking after tying up your target. lol

This role is so broken for me, when I see the rank 20 Bounty Hunter posts here and elsewhere I can't believe either their good, or my bad, luck.

Out of the 8 missions I've tried solo so far today, 3 have awarded xp. I even joined a 5 player posse who I saw turning in a bounty in Valentine, only 1 of the 3 attempted with them awarded xp before the posse leader left.

At least those 4 missions got me to rank 9, but I'm genuinely open to any tips anyone might have to increase my success in ranking up. This process is becoming increasingly less enjoyable by the day.

• Like 4