1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

what did you do in gta IV the last time you played it?

Max.pain

dantedenirodeniro

Beated the game for the first time in PC. Probably the better experience I ever had playing GTA IV, but more than never i got frusted by the fact that the game doesn't have suppressors or proper stealph mechanics, what a missed opportunity, Niko was the perfect protagonist to have stealph missions where you act as a silent assassin or something. Missions are very repetitive but the story and characters were better than i remembered. Driving and shooting on PC feels waaaay more nice than on console, I can't say that about controlling Niko but is not bad by any means. Going to replay GTA V on PC as well, maybe my opinions on the IV vs. V comparisons may change after that.

Edited by dantedenirodeniro
NightmanCometh96

Since the Steam version now has achievements, I've used that as a good excuse to do my first legitimate 100% playthrough. I previously achieved 100% completion on the PS3 version around 2012-2013, but I used the "Reduce Wanted Level" cheat while shooting pigeons, as well the "Spawn NRG-900" and "Restore Health" cheats to make the Stunt Jumps less tedious to complete.  I'm at 48.10% completion so far (I'm trying to complete everything possible as it becomes available to do); I've yet to unlock Alderney, but I've shot all of the pigeons and completed every Stunt Jump in Dukes, Broker, Bohan and Algonquin so far. I have to say, the police attention during pigeon hunting, while still an inconvenience, isn't as bad as I remembered it. I still wish the game had fewer of them to shoot, though; I'm glad EFLC reduced it to 50 seagulls per Episode.

I would have done this on my Series X (since it can run the 360 version at 60FPS), but opted to do it on PC for the aforementioned achievement support from the Complete Edition update, and more importantly, so I could restore the removed songs and have the 3 EFLC exclusive stations in the base game. It's kind of surreal to hear Vice City FM in Vanilla IV without using Independence FM.

UPDATE: I have since unlocked Alderney and have all side content finished except for a certain random encounter and the assassination missions (both of which I need to progress a bit further in the story to unlock). I forgot how annoying the Alderney expressway Stunt Jumps can be (there was one that I couldn't get correctly until I switched from an NRG-900 to a Freeway).

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • 4 weeks later...
Line Rider

The mailman killed Niko today. Ruined my game. If I ever see that bastard again....!!

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
15 hours ago, Line Rider said:

The mailman killed Niko today. Ruined my game. If I ever see that bastard again....!!

Finding and fighting the mailman is the greatest thing that can happen in GTA IV and I would consider it a privilege to be killed by him, congratulations to you.

• Like 1

Recently come back to IV after having the complete edition sitting on my steam account for a while. I'm pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to upgrading my PC gear, and my main PC atm is a lappy that's a 2013 model itself! I game mostly on console these days, using pc for work, etc. but I basically played around with the settings to get it to work on the laptop at least to be playable. I can't have shadows on haha, but it works! 

Edited by Mikeol1987
Algonquin Assassin

I’m doing something slightly different to what I normally do in GTA IV. Michelle’s just betrayed Niko so I thought before meeting Kate he can try meeting some new “fish” by dating Kiki, Carmen and Alex.

I often forget how much of a stud Niko is when he has all of these women hanging off his arms. 

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I’m doing something slightly different to what I normally do in GTA IV. Michelle’s just betrayed Niko so I thought before meeting Kate he can try meeting some new “fish” by dating Kiki, Carmen and Alex.

I often forget how much of a stud Niko is when he has all of these women hanging off his arms. 

You should get Kiki stalking him for maximum effect. And pop to the internet cafe in Broker to get Alejandra swooning over him too.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
BOSSSSS-GG

i created a sco script last time and game f*cked up

i created a sco script last time and game f*cked up