2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

what did you do in gta IV the last time you played it?

Max.pain

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

I’ve played through the story easily without hanging out with friends in speedruns. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. And yes I used sleep mode. 

The major flaw in this non-argument of yours and @Utopianthumbs is that you claim to just want to play the story without bothering with the friends, so why would you even care that the percentage goes down anyway?

You don't have to hang out with them but if you don't have sleep mode on you'll get calls from them. And you have to have sleep mode off to progress the story. Sleep mode pauses friendship calls but also pauses the story.

And I'm not claiming that. I just want the option of playing the story, having use of the phone and sometimes getting calls from friends without being penalised for turning them down or not hanging out with one of them for a while if I sometimes feel like it. It's annoying and adds pressure/hassle when you have to faff around saying yes and calling back to cancel or get a text and see the % go down. It's not even a big deal. It would just be an improvement. Another thing that would improve it for me is if there wasn't a strict time limit on meeting up with them, so you could take your time with a leisurely cab ride or walk or take the subway. But it's just a small detail. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

I completed some Most Wanted missions in Algonquin, then completed Three Leaf Clover, Smackdown and Actions Speak Louder Than Words, all without failing. 

Smackdown is a hard mission because cops hunt you down as well as having to cope with the gang members. I threw grenades at cop cars and killed about 5 cops inside the house and some outside, I then escaped a 3* wanted level.

Edited by GTAnian
14 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

You don't have to hang out with them but if you don't have sleep mode on you'll get calls from them. And you have to have sleep mode off to progress the story. Sleep mode pauses friendship calls but also pauses the story.

And I'm not claiming that. I just want the option of playing the story, having use of the phone and sometimes getting calls from friends without being penalised for turning them down or not hanging out with one of them for a while if I sometimes feel like it. It's annoying and adds pressure/hassle when you have to faff around saying yes and calling back to cancel or get a text and see the % go down. It's not even a big deal. It would just be an improvement. Another thing that would improve it for me is if there wasn't a strict time limit on meeting up with them, so you could take your time with a leisurely cab ride or walk or take the subway. But it's just a small detail. 

There are a lot of ways it could be improved. I would like an option to meet the friend at the place for example. Do other activities, shooting range or something. 

I’m just not agreeing with this thing about sleep mode being insufficient to fix this “issue” you have. You basically just want to not have to use sleep mode to get the benefit of sleep mode. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

last time i played GTA IV i murdered 60 cops and i activated the Wanted Down cheat code. The cops are now...

THUG LIFE

Edited by JaeDan 101

Hung out with the McRearies today. Won at darts with Packie and had a meal with Kate

Funny thing is as I was zooming to meet Kate by the deadline I crashed into a car at high speed and the driver tumbled out of the car in flames was kinda funny. The car too burst in flames in front of a group of vehicles at the end of the Algonquin Broker highway causing a nice chain explosion

Went for an interview today. I don't think I'll be getting the job though 😛

• Like 2
On 11/20/2020 at 1:29 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Uninstalled it to leave some space for GTA V.

Unless it's for the PC version, and modded, you're wasting your time. Also, get a better SSD with more space.

Anyways.

I took some of my Benefactors, the Feltzer and Schafter, for a drive and then I went on a bit of a police chase. So nice to laugh at the sh*t cops say instead of it just being unfunny noise with no sense of humor (V).

• Like 3

Was playing Holland nights, died a couple of times cause I got ambushed by a couple of gangsters cause I didn't see their hiding spot and when I finally reached Clarence and was in the process of escaping the cops, I had almost stayed out of their radar when I went into some tunnel thingy and all of a sudden my car went boom, I must have crashed into a gas cylinder lmao. Oh well I'll try again another day

Edited by Utopianthumbs

Completed Holland Nights.

Had a meal with Roman. I admire his optimism in his hangout conversations and frankly find Niko pessimistically shooting down his fantasies a bit irritating sometimes. Talk about Mr Grinch...

Had a four star police chase across the streets of Algonquin and I held my own for a bit but when I was trying to run down the stairs into the subway I died. What are the best spots for gunfights in Algonquin? I cant seem to find myself a rooftop when I need one... ( Also the NOOSE agents are way too quick compared to the lumbering LCPD lol, I guess thats to be expected but it took me by surprise still)

Edited by Utopianthumbs
typo
billiejoearmstrong8
4 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Completed Holland Nights.

Had a meal with Roman. I admire his optimism in his hangout conversations and frankly find Niko pessimistically shooting down his fantasies a bit irritating sometimes. Talk about Mr Grinch...

Had a four star police chase across the streets of Algonquin and I held my own for a bit but when I was trying to run down the stairs into the subway I died. What are the best spots for gunfights in Algonquin? I cant seem to find myself a rooftop when I need one... ( Also the NOOSE agents are way too quick compared to the lumbering LCPD lol, I guess thats to be expected but it took me by surprise still)

Dunno about the best but I'm a fan of the top of the Triangle building or any mid-height type of buildings (if I have a helicopter). And I like the one with a window cleaning platform that you can get to if you go through the alley opposite the hospital/to the left of the fountain with the big statue in Easton, sometimes a police helicopter will hover right next to you which is fun.  Also enjoy using any window cleaning platform by taking it just high enough that I won't get killed and can still shoot/throw grenades etc at cops below and doing that for a while, maybe sometimes taking it higher to fight police helicopters or lower to be closer. But this usually ends with just taking it all the way up and throwing myself off the building lol. 

Another one I really like is the one of the two construction sites with a crane that blocks the road that's further west. If you go up on the crane you can have some fun, and if you go to one end of it (the west side) it's over a building so you can jump on the roof, and it has a fire escape on the other side you can take all the way to the ground if you carefully climb around and jump to it.

But if you're just looking for good places where there's an escape from the street check out a map of where the cleaning platforms are, or go to North Holland where there's lots of buildings with roof access, or for the best chance of actually surviving go near where the subway goes from above ground to below ground in North Holland so you have the option of jumping down there (there's also a helpful health pack just inside the tunnel which reappears pretty quickly if you go futher into the tunnel or up the tracks to continue fighting for a bit and come back). It's a nice spot because you have the safety of the tunnel right there but can still have a decent battle if you go further up the tracks, and sometimes lots of cops and NOOSE will start falling down on to the tracks, getting injured but not killed and getting up to continue shooting which is fun. Can even bring a vehicle thanks to the gap in the wall above the tunnel and just get in and drive into the tunnel or over to Bohan to lose them when you've had enough.

That is really extensive, nerrrrrd 😛

But seriously, thanks. I've mostly just played the story missions, hung out with friends or just drove around listening to the radio and I thought I am missing out on the GTA staple ie causing carnage in the streets. Only I didnt know proper places for a nice shootout too often I'd get surrounded while trying to have a gunfight. Your post has me excited to try again, I'll try out North Holland next time and see how I go there 😁

billiejoearmstrong8

Guilty as charged 😛 

But yeah I do recommend rooftops that aren't too high, window cleaning platforms, and buildings with roof access and/or back doors for some good extended messing around in Algonquin. And especially going on the subway tracks at the place in North Holland where they go from overground to underground with a vehicle if you want to have an easily escapable police battle.

Btw I haven't played GTA for like 6 months because I've been playing Red Dead Redemption and once I start a game I can't stop. So I live vicariously through others playing. Never had a break from it before so it'll be fun when I go back to it.

• Like 2

I got the "Games For Windows Live" version for my PC almost a year ago. Cost only $5 brand new, and only after getting it found out that the reason it was cheap was that "Windows Live" was Windows dead. Fortunately by that time a patch was made available so it is playable offline. Began playing last March and spent up until August beating both endings at 100%.  Most of those hours spent off mission rampaging or exploring.  Since then restarted the game, only this time looking to see how many ways I can F up a mission. Just completed "Have a Heart" but instead of bringing the bodies to The Doctor, took the car on a bunch of stunt jumps until one of the bodies fell out on the highway. Then called up Elizabeta to tell her I was unable to get the bodies to the Doctor. She was pissed and apparently she is not going to pay me. An ambulance showed up and the first responder spent a minute trying to revive the dead body that spilled out. 

GTA IV:

-Finished GTA IV's Story Mode! (revenge)
-Got the achievement: Liberty City (5)

-Got the achievement: You Win!
-Got the achievement: Half a Million

TLAD:
-Completed some gang wars

-Did a wheelie with Johnny's Hexer
-Got the achievement: "Lost Boy" (replaying TLAD on my alt account)

TBOGT:
-Did club manageament since i dont want to do Bang Bang (that mission where u get stick bombs) since i dont understand throwing mechanics in this game, does anyone really understand them??

Havent posted here in a while, mostly because my mouse was dead on batteries and i couldnt find the battery charger (theyre rechargeable), they were behind my TV :D 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I attempted Derelict Target and got WASTED by falling off a roof, then got WASTED during Entourage, then crashed the speedboat into a larger boat and flipped over, failing Buoys Ahoy.  I then got WASTED in Catch the Wave, before successfully stealing a Sentinel for Stevie.

i was imitating Super Mario World by having Niko jump from Building to Building.

Edited by Fake Lilina
  • Like 1

I remember last time I played it

I tried to buy a car from a website

And kept trying over and over again

And then cringed when I knew that the site doesn't work 

I wish we could burn all of our money in this game , I hate it so much

I killed some pigeons and played pool with Little Jacob, the Hove Beach pigeons always Involve a shootout and a 3* wanted level. 

billiejoearmstrong8
13 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

I remember last time I played it

I tried to buy a car from a website

And kept trying over and over again

And then cringed when I knew that the site doesn't work 

I wish we could burn all of our money in this game , I hate it so much

Buying 8 rockets for your rocket launcher literally costs $40,000, and getting wasted costs $10,000 a time. Most expensive weapons/ammo and hospital bills in a GTA game ever, and probably the least amount you make from the story/side missions to go with it (biggest story payouts are just two lots of $250,000, side missions either pay nothing or a tiny amount, and you have no income from businesses, and there's no sneaky tricks to make millions). If you could buy a ton of stuff you'd be broke in no time, you need the modest amount of money you make by playing through the story just for the basics in this game. I have much more wasted money in VC, SA and V where even if you buy everything you can still be a billionnaire and have more money rolling in from businesses every day. 

I went to Modo and brought absolutely everything in the store, then encountered Clarence Little and I had to kill him as he started shooting at me, I then drove to Broker to kill 3 pigeons. Then i failed 3 games of pool with Patrick McReary before running down some fat hookers. I then drove to the playpark in Beechwood City and fired shots at 4 thin hookers, killing 2 of them, that resulted in a 2* police chase.  

Edited by GTAnian

I delivered a Banshee to Stevie then completed Derelict Target, including escaping a 3* wanted level, the I failed Catch the Wave after Phil Bell died, Niko was only one shot away from being WASTED.  Then I completed Dining Out and then R.U.B Down was failed as a target escaped. I then delivered an Intruder to Stevie. 

Completed Brucie’s car thefts. I just realized during this play through that you actually receive more money if the car is trashed. 

Took Carmen out on a date to Club Liberty. Interestingly enough, I had them take the subway back to Bohan instead of attempting to get a taxi. It had a realistic and genuine feel as they were conversing drunk on the walk to the station and during the train ride they had another conversation (because they didn’t have one on the ride to the club) as they sobered up. 

In every single play through, I’ve killed Playboy. This time was no different... except when I had him cornered in the alley, instead of doing the scripted execution, I beat him with a baseball bat to death. 

Finally, I completed Snow Storm in a unique way. From Elizabeta’s apartment, I actually went behind the apt complex to the water and found a boat not too far away on the dock. I took the boat to the island of the abandoned hospital, did my thing, and took the boat back to the meeting point in Chase Point with Jacob and Michelle. 

• Like 1

I got a Super GT for Stevie and then got WASTED in Liquidise the Assets, then failed R.U.B Down and got WASTED trying to escape a 3* wanted level. I completed Buoys Ahoy and got another car for Stevie.