2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

what did you do in gta IV the last time you played it?

Max.pain

Went driving around, witnessed gang wars in Little Bay, had a large shootout with cops going all the way from Bohan to Dukes, then I went on a rampage with a Phantom truck, until I lost the cops in BOABO. Then I went fighting hobos by Brucie's place, blew up the tank station in BOABO and later the one in Cerveza Heights with a cigarette and a paper cup respectively... then I went to Beechwood City where I was beating up cops for the heck of it, stole a Freeway, went on a trip to Hove Beach where I was messing around in the Sex Shop and had some fights with the Russians, then I went on another rampage by the Internet Cafe and turned the game off.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Started a new playthrough of IV (on it's anniversary too) after a couple of years since I last played, first thing I did was go to the alleyway in front of my apartment and throw a brick at the two people talking there. They then beat the crap out of me lol, could not manage to counter their moves at all.

I then tried to steal a red Feltzer lying nearby, and got into a police chase, and I must say coming from San Andreas and III the driving here has a steeper learning curve. I kept crashing all over the place, and I'm struggling to control the camera properly too. And as I was running into my apartment I got wastedūüėĒ.

I then took a peaceful walk down to the docks back to the Platypus and admired the glorious Algonquin skyline

Just a matter of mastering the controls though, which I'm excited to learn all over again

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t touched IV in months but I do remember shopping in holland then drove my Coquette through the star junction listening to flashing lights man that game gives me nostalgia 

I hijacked cars with passengers in them, drove fast so the passengers couldn't jump out, and bailed just before the car flew off the Plumbers Skyway.

Also pushed police cars off the Plumbers Skyway with a garbage truck and watched them explode when I got wanted.

Then I stole a taxi with two passengers, drove to Hove Beach and started blasting so Russian gangsters could shoot at the car.

Edited by The Journey
MiamiViceCity1986

I'm winding things up in my current save. Finishing up the rest of the assassinations and most wanted missions. Just have to do Liquidize the Assets and it's down to the last handful of missions.

This has been my longest save in quite some time clocking in at a little over 56 hours.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just played it tonight after years of not playing it. Did the first few missions, played a sh*t ton of pool with Roman and Karen.

• Like 1

Currently done 31% of the game in 13 hours. Just unlocked Algonquin. Finished all Brucie car thefts and Jacob deliveries. 135 flying rats left. I'm mixing it up with EFLC as well and kind of doing it in the right order. Not "entirely"  accurate though because that would mean I have to switch quite often. I'm doing "groups" of missions from TLAD from time to time and my TBOGT save should start soon as well when I reach Three Leaf Clover. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1

Last time I played IV I was walking around the docks in Boabo and East Hook, just enjoying being near the water, and I found a baby blue Esperanto. Looked like Roman had joined the Epsilon Program. 

• Like 2
MiamiViceCity1986

Even though it's only been a couple of weeks since I finished my last save I've started a new one except this time I'm playing it without a radar/HUD at all.

I imagine this will make some missions really hard not knowing how much health/armour I have, but I'm up for it.:D

• Like 3

I went to airport , instant 4 stars  police maverick at the head using awm, giving me headshot.

Used RPG and killing cops.

Used m4a1 and killed the police pilot and helicopter landed safely so stoled and ran away. Then, went to 3rd Island Big LCPD Station where the annihilator is available, then again rampage. Military at my back(edited scenario.dat) and noose, lcpd.

Buzzard came and killed me.(Scripted for Noose to use it and fire Missiles, Military also scripted with m249).

Played some mission and used trainer and changed relationship then wanted level 6 during the mission.

Then played Out Of Commission with police. They helped me out.

Thanks Noose Team for assistance. Then Jacob came entered the annihilator the buzzard missile hitted my helicopter Then ("Game Over Fu**'O")

• 2 weeks later...

Regular IV? I'm pretty sure I went out on another date with Packie. TBOGT a few days ago, I did Bang Bang, for my third playthrough.

Finish my replay. The only reason I'd really play GTA IV is to replay the story mode as I find freeroaming quite boring in that game. But it has maybe the best storyline of the series, so that makes up a lot for it.:turn:

Tried the deal ending for the first time after picking revenge during my first few playthroughs..damn it was a sad ending but in all honesty, I felt that it was a better ending than revenge!

• Like 3

Finally got the platinum after pretty much 12 years... I gave up all hope that R* would bring it to the PS4 so I went back the good old PS3.The only thing is the online aspect of the trophys are very time consuming and also pretty much impossible without a boosting partner. But I got there in the end.

20200629_101235

• 4 months later...

I am trying to get to 100% without cheating, not

using mission replays, not collecting armour and weapons from hidden locations, except for ammo dropped by enemies, saving if WASTED or BUSTED, not killing deliberately  except in a mission or accidentally in a car chase or whilst DUI, only stealing taxis or cop cars except if you car gets destroyed during a chase or cop chase and you need another car immediately. 

• Like 1

Completed I need clothes boots motorcycle and A long way to fall. The former had me chase the capo all the way to Alderney which was my first entrance there in this playthrough, and the latter was an intense, amazing shootout and Ted's execution was funny I just walked up to him and he fell all the way lol

Went boating with Brucie prior to that and it was magical going on a boat ride to the Statue of Happiness at sunset with 1979 playing

• Like 1

GTA IV: Completed: "I'll take her.."
"..I'll take her"
"Pegorinos Pride"

The Lost and Damned:

Completed 6/12 bike races
Completed "Master of QUB3D" achievement

Missions: 

Collector's piece

Completed 5 stunt jumps! :D

The Ballad Of Gay Tony:

Got "Catch The Bus" achievement 
Slept with half of the girls at Maissonette 9

I went to Burger Shot and then played pool with Roman, then attempted 'A long way to fall' and got WASTED, then attempted 'Undress to kill' and got WASTED. I then went drinking with Brucie, then DUI and got WASTED by cops after crashing in East Hook. I then attempted to kill the pigeon in Firefly Island pier but I fell off accidentally into shallow water and got WASTED for the fourth time today.

I travelled by train from Middle Park East to Little Italy to start 'a long way to fall', then got train to North Holland, I then shot and killed Teddy before he could talk, failing the mission, I then shot and killed a gang member who started shooting at me, that got me a 2* wanted level. I ran away from the cops and tried to hold up a taxi to steal it, but I accidentally killed the driver with a headshot, the taxi launched forward and I could not get to it so I had to hijack another car.

I escaped and started 'undress to kill' but I got WASTED again in that mission.

I walked from Bohan hospital to Chase Point railway station and got train to Chinatown to get more Ammo and armour, then hijacking taxi and drove back to Northwood to restart the mission.

During my 3rd attempt at this mission, I hid behind the bar in the club and shot security guards with AK-47. Some strippers and customers were also hit by bullets, the 3 managers escaped and I chased them with the taxi. When the taxi caught fire I jumped out and shot dead 2 cops and stole their car. Soon all 4 tyres of the cop car were shot out by cops and the club managers, the chase ended when their Cavalcade FXT caught fire on Northwood Bridge, they got out and I ran them down and killed them. The 3* wanted level ended.

I then drove to Middle Park East safehouse to use the internet to find a motorbike for Brucie. I drove the tyreless cop car to Firefly Projects to get a motorbike to take to Brucie. I killed 3 people who attacked me for stealing the bike, escaped a 2* wanted level, then gave the bike to Brucie.

I then hijacked taxi and drove to weapons shop in Chinatown and then back to Middle Park East safehouse.

Edited by GTAnian

Turned on Sleep mode, and enjoyed uninterrupted free roam gameplay. It is surprising how many players aren’t aware of this feature but I guess they just have really important and busy lives to lead so they overlook these features...

billiejoearmstrong8
10 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Turned on Sleep mode, and enjoyed uninterrupted free roam gameplay. It is surprising how many players aren’t aware of this feature but I guess they just have really important and busy lives to lead so they overlook these features...

Are you currently playing the story though?¬†ūüėȬ†The thing is not everyone wants to pause the story (which will happen with sleep mode as soon as a phone call is required to progress), some people are¬†happy to get story calls while freeroaming but want to avoid interruptions from friends and their friendship percentage going down as a result of saying no to them. Sleep mode doesn't allow for this. People are aware of it, it just isn't the solution for every problem.¬†

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

I completed 'along way to fall' and 'holland play', killing Dwayne, then delivered a car for Brucie, then lots of most wanted and vigilante missions, getting WASTED once, then another car delivered to Brucie. 

GTA IV:

-Did some rooftop parkour by jumping around the rooftops near Playboy X's penthouse
-Shot 5 pidgeons out of their nestingp lace
-Achieved "Under the Radar" achievement.

The Lost and Damned:
-Did alot of gangwars
-Hanged around my biker friends
-Tried to paint Johnny's bike black to match with his coat

The Ballad Of Gay Tony:
-Broke my controller trying to do Practice Swing's gold medal
-Got "Chain Reaction" achievement

It has been years since Ive played, but as I recall the last time I played I stole some beater car and hung out in the slums of Bohan at night looking for trouble. Sadly Niko was the toughest guy on the street and no trouble was found

14 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Are you currently playing the story though?¬†ūüėȬ†The thing is not everyone wants to pause the story (which will happen with sleep mode as soon as a phone call is required to progress), some people are¬†happy to get story calls while freeroaming but want to avoid interruptions from friends and their friendship percentage going down as a result of saying no to them. Sleep mode doesn't allow for this. People are aware of it, it just isn't the solution for every problem.¬†

I’ve played through the story easily without hanging out with friends in speedruns. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. And yes I used sleep mode. 

The major flaw in this non-argument of yours and @Utopianthumbs is that you claim to just want to play the story without bothering with the friends, so why would you even care that the percentage goes down anyway?

I don't want to avoid friend activities entirely I just don't want to feel forced to hang out with two friends and a date between every two missions just so the like percentage doesn't go down, it annoys me when this happens and though I can get it back by hanging out with them just once I would still prefer if there was no punishment for not hanging out with friends on an otherwise excellent friend system. 

I'm not entirely confident of activating sleep mode during story but if it bothers me more I may give it a try

I don't know why you are taking this so seriously as to bring this discussion up on an unrelated thread tbh.