Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Jason

The Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club aka Battle Pass

Recommended Posts

Coleco
On 9/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, ghostsoap01 said:

So what exactly is a battle pass? Are we just paying to be able to unlock extra items as we level up? I don't really get the concept of it.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/clubrewards

 

First image, guy on the left.

 

He has nicer hair than pretty much all of the female styles... many of which look like PS2 era haystacks clipped through our heads.

 

 

Also, battle pass style content unlocks... yay...

 

OP5BWTV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

I did 1-30 in one day, albeit I played a lot. 1-70 is easy and doable for everyone, it's only 1k exp per level.

 

I reeeeally hope they keep the pass as it is now for future passes, it's great as it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw
24 minutes ago, Jason said:

I did 1-30 in one day, albeit I played a lot. 1-70 is easy and doable for everyone, it's only 1k exp per level.

 

I reeeeally hope they keep the pass as it is now for future passes, it's great as it is now.

Agreed. This is easily doable in 2 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

I bought it.

 

It’s funny, how a couple months ago people were like ”there’s nothing to strive for in this game”, and now, with this Battle Pass ”I have to grind? f*ck that!”.

 

Always the same story..

 

Listen, the Battle Pass is just extra icing on the cake. You don’t want to pay for it? Don’t, and be happy with what you get from ranking up through the roles.

 

I for one am happy that there’s loads of new goals and unlocks to work towards.

And we DO get the 35 Gold back if we grind through the Battle Pass, so if we feel like unlocking stuff it’s +-0.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal
It was too early in the morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
20 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I bought it.

 

It’s funny, how a couple months ago people were like ”there’s nothing to strive for in this game”, and now, with this Battle Pass ”I have to grind? f*ck that!”.

 

Always the same story..

 

Listen, the Battle Pass is just extra icing on the cake. You don’t want to pay for it? Don’t, and be happy with what you get from ranking up through the roles.

 

I for one am happy that there’s loads of new goals and unlocks to work towards.

And we DO get the $35 Gold back if we grind through the Battle Pass, so if we feel like unlocking stuff it’s + - 35 Gold.

And it really is no money at all. I was expecting to be able to make use of my gold with the update but I still don't need to spend much and what I do spend I'm going to get back. So I'll just keep hoarding it for no reason I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*Lola
On 9/10/2019 at 10:29 AM, viewbob said:

70k xp in 2 months seems kinda hard

Easily in 4 days.

 

Edit: Club Rank 70. Less time than I thought.

Edited by *Lola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec
1 hour ago, Jason said:

I did 1-30 in one day, albeit I played a lot. 1-70 is easy and doable for everyone, it's only 1k exp per level.

 

I reeeeally hope they keep the pass as it is now for future passes, it's great as it is now.

 

so do I, but something tells me that if/when they realise people are completing them well within the allotted time, they probably won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
2 minutes ago, Surebrec said:

so do I, but something tells me that if/when they realise people are completing them well within the allotted time, they probably won't.

It's pretty standard for battle passes to be doable with lots of time to spare, they are meant to be completely by the average player.

 

The question is, will Rockstar decide to go against the standard. As it stands, it's one of the better implementations of battle passes I've seen, it'd suck to see them ruin that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
19 hours ago, viewbob said:

70k xp in 2 months seems kinda hard

Not at all. Right now it takes me 14,000xp to rank up to the next level and I'm going up by around 6 ranks a week so I'll easily get over 70k xp in the next week.

 

But using your calculation you won't be getting more than around 1150xp each day over the next 2 months. Sounds like you only play for about 30 minutes a day.

 

Out of interest, what rank are you and how long have you been playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
icefds

Played 3 hours yesterday and 4 hours today and i'm already 22.

 

Fair deal imo. Pay 35 gold, get 650 dollars, 35 gold, cosmetics and treasure maps in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec
2 hours ago, Jason said:

It's pretty standard for battle passes to be doable with lots of time to spare, they are meant to be completely by the average player.

 

The question is, will Rockstar decide to go against the standard. As it stands, it's one of the better implementations of battle passes I've seen, it'd suck to see them ruin that.

 

I don't think even the average player is going to take too long to complete the full 70 levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Shakermaker

Can you view the battle pass and your current rank on the Rockstar social club website, like the main unlock ranks?

I cant seem to see one yet it seems like it should be there somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash

Got the Outlaw Pass yesterday and it has been a blast. Somehow made it to Club rank 19.

 

The amount of items released was a little overwhelming.

 

35 gold was worth it. Made at least half of that back already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joshua969

These levels come quick.  Don’t regret dropping 35 gold bars on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Fair play!

 

This is far better than I first feared it could become, I hope it remains if it continues and they do more. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unpleasant Nerd

Already level 19. Totally worth it even for a casual gamer (which I'm not, I'm rank 125).

 

After all, we stack gold for a reason : to buy cool stuff. And it's exactly what the pass offers.

 

I am pretty impressed by style, the creativity and the presentation of all those accessories. The artists did an awesome job.

Edited by Unpleasant Nerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw

Played Trader (10) and Bounty Hunter (3) and I am level 38 in the club. 

 

I am actually surprised how easy you level up within the Club, with epic rewards as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9
14 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I bought it.

 

It’s funny, how a couple months ago people were like ”there’s nothing to strive for in this game”, and now, with this Battle Pass ”I have to grind? f*ck that!”.

 

Always the same story..

 

Listen, the Battle Pass is just extra icing on the cake. You don’t want to pay for it? Don’t, and be happy with what you get from ranking up through the roles.

 

I for one am happy that there’s loads of new goals and unlocks to work towards.

And we DO get the 35 Gold back if we grind through the Battle Pass, so if we feel like unlocking stuff it’s +-0.

I don't think its so much the grind that bothers them, but the fact they got a time window in which they must do the grind to get the most out of the pass.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox

I’m already level 70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

^ ditto, just hit.

 

If they make changes to the next one I hope it's that they add maybe 10-30 more levels at best and that's it. The exp needed per level is peeeeerfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames

I'm unfortunately only able to play RDO 2 days a week (if I'm lucky) due to work but I'm a sucker for cosmetic items so I bit the bullet and used the plenty of gold I have to buy the pass. I'll be using this pass as a test to see if its doable for me given my limited play time, but after the past 2 days of casual play I'm already rank 22. As long as they don't increase the xp exponentially on the next pass it looks like it might be doable to hit rank 70. Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ram_pete67

Battle pass is a good investment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brink
5 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

Played Trader (10) and Bounty Hunter (3) and I am level 38 in the club. 

 

I am actually surprised how easy you level up within the Club, with epic rewards as well!

So you can go ahead and unlock multiple roles at the same time?

 

When you're get XP in one like the trader does it help level the other ones?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
On 9/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, viewbob said:

70k xp in 2 months seems kinda hard

The XP should be easy to get. Trader is great if you just want to grind through the levels, XP for the supply missions, XP for killing animals and over 600xp for near sales, plus kill XP on the sales where a group of enemies are at the drop off.

 

If you do small sales every chance you get, however small the amount, you'll be getting thousands of XP per hour. 

 

It's boring, but you'll level up the pass in no time without having to buy anything.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw
2 hours ago, Brink said:

So you can go ahead and unlock multiple roles at the same time?

 

When you're get XP in one like the trader does it help level the other ones?

 

Sometimes. I unlocked all three. 

 

Smartest is Collector, it will level up with both of the others if you loot corpses. 

3 hours ago, RaigeGames said:

I'm unfortunately only able to play RDO 2 days a week (if I'm lucky) due to work but I'm a sucker for cosmetic items so I bit the bullet and used the plenty of gold I have to buy the pass. I'll be using this pass as a test to see if its doable for me given my limited play time, but after the past 2 days of casual play I'm already rank 22. As long as they don't increase the xp exponentially on the next pass it looks like it might be doable to hit rank 70. Fingers crossed!

Well... it sounds like you'll hit 70 well before October. Don't worry mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AleisterWeber

Played just 4 hours as BH and I’m now on level 7. Pretty sure I hit the 70 before the deadline. From what I read I think I will get the collector role also later. Sounds promising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamielewis90

So I’ve completed about 10 bounties, kept them all alive and waited to the last 30 seconds, yet I’m still only level 2 ?

 

my bounty always stall when I accept the job, is it broken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
33 minutes ago, Jamielewis90 said:

So I’ve completed about 10 bounties, kept them all alive and waited to the last 30 seconds, yet I’m still only level 2 ?

 

my bounty always stall when I accept the job, is it broken?

I don't think waiting gives more cash for bounties, but can't be certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joshua969
2 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

I don't think waiting gives more cash for bounties, but can't be certain.

Cash, not so much.  I had over double XP though for waiting until the last minute or so to turn in a bounty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cratoz
10 hours ago, Brink said:

So you can go ahead and unlock multiple roles at the same time?

 

When you're get XP in one like the trader does it help level the other ones?

 

Yep you can play all roles at the same time to your own liking.

 

Each role has their own type of XP which you accumulate by doing activities for the roles.

For example for the trader, if you bring Cripps animals, do resupply or sell missions you get "Trader XP".

 

Finding treasures gives you Collector XP.

 

Doing a bounty hunt gives Bounty Hunter XP and so forth.

 

Separate from that is the Outlaw Pass, that only ranks up with normal XP which is also for your overall in-game rank. Having a 25% Xp boost for everyone who purchased the OP.

The boost doesn't affect your normal in-game XP though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 5 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.