Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jason

The Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club aka Battle Pass

Recommended Posts

Slonitram

Posted my opinion on it on the Bitch & Moan thread and I'll repost it here.

 

EDu_OZwW4AECkbc?format=png&name=900x900

 

All in all, if someone decides to pay 15 gold bars to become a Bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector then buys this 35 gold bar battle pass, they'll lose 50 gold on this update alone. A cold shiver on my back says that this is how Rockstar will handle RDO from now on, by putting up paywalls so players can spend gold. Even though I have well over 200 from grinding alone, I'd hate to be a new player who just started out right now. 15 gold bars just from doing daily challenges and having to play the toxic sh*tshow that is Showdown is a very slow process, now 35 more? Bitch, please.

 

All the returning players who don't have enough gold to even buy a license to be a Bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector will either pay up (which is what Rockstar and Take-Two wants) or leave (which they don't care about). This wouldn't be such an issue to me if it weren't for the fact that this is a game I already paid money for and that already had its budget covered by sales. There is no need for this at all.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kirk Lazarus

Wait... so to have these pass benefits pay off within a 2 month timeframe, we have to re-tread 70 XP levels?   Or is this a different track with less XP needed than the default XP track?.  I'm trying to figure out if this is like Diablo 3 season where you sort of start over, level up the treadmill like a full game, then start all over again during the next season.  

I don't mind if it's a separate smaller track, which I'm assuming the Trader, Bounty Hunter, and Collector have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
6 minutes ago, a z said:

Wait... so to have these pass benefits pay off within a 2 month timeframe, we have to re-tread 70 XP levels?   Or is this a different track with less XP needed than the default XP track?.  I'm trying to figure out if this is like Diablo 3 season where you sort of start over, level up the treadmill like a full game, then start all over again during the next season.  

I don't mind if it's a separate smaller track, which I'm assuming the Trader, Bounty Hunter, and Collector have.

Battle Passes have their own exp tracks in all cases I've seen them so I expect the same here.

 

How much exp we'll need to get to complete all 70 levels is not known yet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
4 hours ago, AndyGanteks said:

 

 

So you pay 35 gold bars and then you work hours to level up to 70 levels to get those 35 gold bars back.

 

Lmao.

Not work, if your having fun...though

 

besides this is a company of "Outlaws".

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin

are you fking kidding me.. a battle pass just for more useless and ugly cosmetics..

Edited by areyouchappin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
volta2001

Oh man here we go. Gold plated horse masks with flaming eyes inbound 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Gonna read now, but what the bloody hell is this? 

 

Genuinely, I've not got a game with a battle pass or whatever this is.

 

I got the gold though, but from there, I dunno, lol. (I feel like a right plank now 🤣🤣).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
3 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Gonna read now, but what the bloody hell is this? 

 

Genuinely, I've not got a game with a battle pass or whatever this is.

 

I got the gold though, but from there, I dunno, lol. (I feel like a right plank now 🤣🤣).

Should help you wrap your head around it.

 

tl;dr = buy premium pass for 35 gold bars, 70 levels, new stuff every level including cash and gold bars and if you complete all 70 levels you'll have earned all 35 gold bars you paid for back

Edited by Jason
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
einjzmolf

i'm only interested in the things they don't show on that initial teaser page honestly.

 

as welcome as new content and ideas/reasons to play the game are, that all looks pretty lame. super basic fingerless gloves aren't "unique" lol, although they are nicer than the current fingerless options.

 

same with the spurs. every "muh lawman" will be rushing to scoop those. hard pass on "outfits" in general, especially.. one that's obviously recycled. maybe one or two pieces of it will be usable. 

 

hopefully there's something that'll make me want to participate. not much of an "outlaw" but if there's something tucked away in the higher ranks that fits me a bit more i'll bite. earning the gold back + some cash is a definite incentive to want to but i'll need to see atleast one must have item. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slonitram

Just changed my opinion after putting some thought into it. The 35 gold bars being made back is something that alleviates the issue quite a lot in fact, specially with all the time there is to make them back. I didn't know this beforehand and I kind of jumped the gun. I watched a video on how fast it is to make some gold bars and I've decided it's actually not that bad of a deal. I'm still not fully seeing eye to eye with it, but I don't think it's actually as bad as I originally thought.

 

Besides, Rockstar has gave away a lot of gold bars in the past by just logging onto the game. It's kind of stupid to complain, since they were literally giving away basically free cash to spend. 

 

So yeah, I did a whoopsie.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Should help you wrap your head around it.

 

tl;dr = buy premium pass for 35 gold bars, 70 levels, new stuff every level including cash and gold bars and if you complete all 70 levels you'll have earned all 35 gold bars you paid for back

Ahh thanks, I'm catching up and still on page one, lol.

 

So far, the only real aspect I'm unsure about is how long it'll take to hit rank 70 with this. I'm a keen gamer but also prefer not to be pushed to meet deadlines, if I make sense. I wouldn't want to invest if I can't maximise it all, you know. But we'll see once it comes.

 

Might seem a daft question, but does that rank 70 not mean our overall rank or are we starting from zero with that one?

 

Could mean 5 different things ranking up at once, lol. More if we count the ability cards. But our usual Xp, the 3 different roles, and this. Crazy sods. 🤣

 

Thanks again for all the info here though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Might seem a daft question, but does that rank 70 not mean our overall rank or are we starting from zero with that one?

It will be it's own thing, separate from our personal rank and also Roles. So the 0-70 experience will be the same for everyone, level 1 and 500's and all.

 

1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Could mean 5 different things ranking up at once, lol. More if we count the ability cards. But our usual Xp, the 3 different roles, and this. Crazy sods.

It aint necessarily a bad thing IMO. Buy the pass straight away, go buy your role and get going and you'll be unlocking stuff left and right centre.

 

Unless leveling the pass is slow as f*ck, which I doubt because it lasts two months and these passes are always designed to be doable with plenty of room to spare - unless Rockstar decide otherwise, anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicMan05
1 hour ago, imburgundy said:

So can I just wait until the end of the season to see where I am through casual play and decide then if I want all the premium rewards available and if I would make all my gold back? Would this be possible? This way I can just play casually and if I end up playing enough to max rank that season, I'll get the pass, if not I'll just choose if it's worth it to me to get whatever rewards are available

Yes.

 

"All Outlaw Pass Rewardsup to your current Wheeler, Rawson, & Co. Club Membership Rank unlock instantly omce the Outlaw Pass is purchased."

 

You'll automatically be registered for the free Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club Membership. You could wait until November 17th and then spend the 35GB and get all Outlaw Pass items up to your Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club Membership Rank.

 

Personally I like this system. You can wait and purchase the premium version once you're past Rank to unlock the item(s) you want. Not to mention XP is now going towards multiple things now:

 

- Player Rank

- Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Club Membership Rank

- Bounty Hunter Rank/Collector Rank/Trader Rank*

 

This means players over Player Rank 100 now have a use for XP again. Best part is the Wheeler Rawson and Co. Club Membership/Outlaw Pass Rewards are actual rewards opposed to unlocking the privilege to purchase the item like Player Rank.

 

I wonder if after November 18th they'll add the Club content to the Catalogue for everyone that didn't unlock them via the Club to purchase. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon
3 minutes ago, MusicMan05 said:

Yes.

 

"All Outlaw Pass Rewardsup to your current Wheeler, Rawson, & Co. Club Membership Rank unlock instantly omce the Outlaw Pass is purchased."

 

You'll automatically be registered for the free Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club Membership. You could wait until November 17th and then spend the 35GB and get all Outlaw Pass items up to your Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club Membership Rank.

 

Personally I like this system. You can wait and purchase the premium version once you're past Rank to unlock the item(s) you want. Not to mention XP is now going towards multiple things now:

 

- Player Rank

- Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Club Membership Rank

- Bounty Hunter Rank/Collector Rank/Trader Rank*

 

This means players over Player Rank 100 now have a use for XP again. Best part is the Wheeler Rawson and Co. Club Membership/Outlaw Pass Rewards are actual rewards opposed to unlocking the privilege to purchase the item like Player Rank.

 

I wonder if after November 18th they'll add the Club content to the Catalogue for everyone that didn't unlock them via the Club to purchase. 

Lack of level up unlocks is one of the things that bugged me about GTA:O.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It will be it's own thing, separate from our personal rank and also Roles. So the 0-70 experience will be the same for everyone, level 1 and 500's and all.

 

It aint necessarily a bad thing IMO. Buy the pass straight away, go buy your role and get going and you'll be unlocking stuff left and right centre.

 

Unless leveling the pass is slow as f*ck, which I doubt because it lasts two months and these passes are always designed to be doable with plenty of room to spare - unless Rockstar decide otherwise, anyway.

I'm almost rank 50 now, so my platinum is assured, lol. And with the free gold given this year, the way I see it, I can't really lose trying and learning. From there, we can only hope and I'm a curious cat. If this fits in with my natural gaming and as suggested, I get the next investment back, no biggie.

 

I do feel the option to buy in with cash or gold, or a bit of both, would be cool. Makes it more gamer friendly while offering the monitised route too. Might ease criticisms. But I don't know enough about any positives or negatives to these things so I go.in open minded but aware this is R*, lol, but I'll definitely enjoy learning at the very least.

 

Gonna be plenty to learn Tuesday onward it seems. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

I like the idea of getting new batches of stuff to unlock, I just hope not EVERYTHING becomes tied to this system. It's also nice to have new stuff you can just buy outright any time. But the only real issue for me is the time limit... I tend to rotate through a relatively small selection of games, getting deep into one at a time and mostly setting aside others. Progressing through the club pack will probably be fine when I'm playing RDO on the regular but, for example, I didn't really play it all summer and if this pass had been active then I would have missed out on whatever was on offer. It seems R*'s whole plan here is to hope lapsed players who intend return will eventually feel the pressure and either pick up the game again because of it or spend gold to fast track the things they want before the offer expires. I make a point of never letting gaming become an obligation and I ain't about to change that position, so this just rubs me the wrong way...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
4 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

I like the idea, even though I hate Fortnite and games like it, but this idea of unlocking content through leveling up is better than the drip-feed.

I may have been beaten to the punch on this, but I'm pretty sure we'll get a dripfeed alongside all of this too, lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox

There’s little reason not to buy it if you’re likely to get max level anyways but I don’t see why the gold return isn’t a profit like every other game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vice Beach
3 hours ago, Slonitram said:

Posted my opinion on it on the Bitch & Moan thread and I'll repost it here.

 

EDu_OZwW4AECkbc?format=png&name=900x900

 

All in all, if someone decides to pay 15 gold bars to become a Bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector then buys this 35 gold bar battle pass, they'll lose 50 gold on this update alone. A cold shiver on my back says that this is how Rockstar will handle RDO from now on, by putting up paywalls so players can spend gold. Even though I have well over 200 from grinding alone, I'd hate to be a new player who just started out right now. 15 gold bars just from doing daily challenges and having to play the toxic sh*tshow that is Showdown is a very slow process, now 35 more? Bitch, please.

 

All the returning players who don't have enough gold to even buy a license to be a Bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector will either pay up (which is what Rockstar and Take-Two wants) or leave (which they don't care about). This wouldn't be such an issue to me if it weren't for the fact that this is a game I already paid money for and that already had its budget covered by sales. There is no need for this at all.

Highly disagree, "paywall" only applies to things you are forced to pay real money for. Gold is earned through playing the game. Making you play the game to unlock the cool stuff, that's literally what mostly all video games do. Can a level 1 who just bought the game immediately become a bounty hunter or have an expansive trading business? Nope. Should they? Absolutely not, because they haven't earned it yet through playing the game. 

 

Saying "this is a game I already paid money for." Really? So you should also start single player with $50,000, every horse, every gun, max dead eye, max satchels, infinite explosive rounds all handed to you with no incentive to play, all because you paid 60 dollars for it? it's such dumb logic. 

 

The Roles are not something you should be able to just jump into straight out of the gate anyway. They are for players who have put in the time and effort to unlock them. A new player can simply play through the rest of the game, doing story missions, leveling up, getting treasure maps, doing daily challenges, doing stranger missions, like all of us have, earn the 15 bars and start a role. From there they can play until they make more gold, and expand to another role. 

 

Quote

All in all, if someone decides to pay 15 gold bars to become a Bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector then buys this 35 gold bar battle pass, they'll lose 50 gold on this update alone.

What are you losing exactly? You make gold to have it to unlock things. What's the point of hoarding gold if it's not spending it on things you want?

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I may have been beaten to the punch on this, but I'm pretty sure we'll get a dripfeed alongside all of this too, lol.

 

Of course we do. This is a Rockstar strategy to keep people happy and returning to the game. A login is a login and a number extra to show shareholders.

 

See, even while extremely bored of GTAO, I did login to buy the Gauntlet Hellfire today and customise it. 

 

This game will be no different. So, come on Rockstar, dripfeed me a bear hat and something matchy matchy for my horse too! 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ring Dang Do
1 hour ago, Vice Beach said:

Highly disagree, "paywall" only applies to things you are forced to pay real money for. Gold is earned through playing the game. Making you play the game to unlock the cool stuff, that's literally what mostly all video games do. Can a level 1 who just bought the game immediately become a bounty hunter or have an expansive trading business? Nope. Should they? Absolutely not, because they haven't earned it yet through playing the game. 

 

Saying "this is a game I already paid money for." Really? So you should also start single player with $50,000, every horse, every gun, max dead eye, max satchels, infinite explosive rounds all handed to you with no incentive to play, all because you paid 60 dollars for it? it's such dumb logic. 

 

What are you losing exactly? You make gold to have it to unlock things. What's the point of hoarding gold if it's not spending it on things you want?

You’re putting words into people’s mouths. No one is saying new players should have every single item and everything unlocked when they start the game at level 1. 

 

We only have a hoard of gold because Rockstar has been raining gold on us for weeks before this update, it will be interesting to see how easy it will be to reach level 70 and how easy it will be to earn gold once they new update drops and the gold bonuses stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vice Beach
13 minutes ago, Ring Dang Do said:

You’re putting words into people’s mouths. No one is saying new players should have every single item and everything unlocked when they start the game at level 1. 

 

We only have a hoard of gold because Rockstar has been raining gold on us for weeks before this update, it will be interesting to see how easy it will be to reach level 70 and how easy it will be to earn gold once they new update drops and the gold bonuses stop. 

Exactly, they've been raining gold on us to make it easy for even the people who think getting 15 gold for the update is already too much of a grind. (Which is surprisingly generous coming from Rockstar) I use the analogy of having all items as soon as you start the game because saying "I already paid for this game" is honestly dumb, and sounds like they just want all the reward without having to do any work for it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
9 minutes ago, Vice Beach said:

Exactly, they've been raining gold on us to make it easy for even the people who think getting 15 gold for the update is already too much of a grind. (Which is surprisingly generous coming from Rockstar) I use the analogy of having all items as soon as you start the game because saying "I already paid for this game" is honestly dumb, and sounds like they just want all the reward without having to do any work for it.

I'm probably gonna like this battle pass thing if it means more content sooner and faster. However, I feel like we'll need gold just to proceed to the next level for these roles we're getting. Too early to say but hope I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemoyne outlaw
5 hours ago, Slonitram said:

So yeah, I did a whoopsie.

bertram wants to know your location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2
4 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I may have been beaten to the punch on this, but I'm pretty sure we'll get a dripfeed alongside all of this too, lol.

Yes I know we will get drip-feed content, but it won't be related to this Club/Pass. You won't accumulate XP just to unlock some rewards that will be drip-feed to you later on.

You will instantly unlock said reward which is what I meant in my post.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicMan05
18 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Yes I know we will get drip-feed content, but it won't be related to this Club/Pass. You won't accumulate XP just to unlock some rewards that will be drip-feed to you later on.

You will instantly unlock said reward which is what I meant in my post.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Club/Pass reward cosmetic items become part of the drip-feed after November 18th.

 

Which would be a great way of handling the in stock/out of stock drip-feed in the future. Release the content initially as part of the Club/Pass content. Then drip-feed it after the Club/Pass ends for the players that missed out while it was avaible in the Club/Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
14 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Wait, you buy the pass and then have to grind the stuff out?

 

f*ck me, I am almost done with this game.

Or you could see it another way. You buy the pass then you play the game. Not sure why everything gets described as a grind. If it's a grind then why play.

9 hours ago, Slonitram said:

All in all, if someone decides to pay 15 gold bars to become a Bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector then buys this 35 gold bar battle pass, they'll lose 50 gold on this update alone. A cold shiver on my back says that this is how Rockstar will handle RDO from now on, by putting up paywalls so players can spend gold. Even though I have well over 200 from grinding alone, I'd hate to be a new player who just started out right now. 15 gold bars just from doing daily challenges and having to play the toxic sh*tshow that is Showdown is a very slow process, now 35 more? Bitch, please.

Won't it be 80 gold bars for everything? 15 for each of the 3 roles and 35 for the battle pass? I don't know why it's such an problem anyway. Anyone could have gone all that in just 8 days doing all the dailies. And that takes about an hour a day. But isn't this just the same as how it was done it GTA? You spend in game money to get the update and you can either earn that by playing the game or by buying it with real money. It's no different.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamsroob
9 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

Or you could see it another way. You buy the pass then you play the game. Not sure why everything gets described as a grind. If it's a grind then why play.

There's also the option to just play the game without buying the pass beforehand and when the wheeler xp's hits rank 70 you'll buy the pass and instantly unlock the extra rewards and, that's how I read it, that'll be also including the 35 goldbars reward...

Edited by jamsroob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone

I'm completely amazed by how a lot of people are reacting to this. For months people have been complaining that there's not enough to do in the game and that the summer update is taking too long then as soon as we get a whole load of new things to do everyone start complaining about it costing too much or being a grind. I don't get it. Do you want new content or not? 80 gold bars is nothing. What else did you expect to do with all that gold? Just sit on it and look at the pretty number in the corner of the screen once in a while.

Edited by AmyStone
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lexiture

Such an interesting move by R*.

 

They make a stale online mode, wait 9 months until the player base gets miserable waiting for new content and then introduce F2P-esque monetization, they know people will be okay with it since a big chunk of them were introduced to gaming this generation and don't know any better.

 

We get what we deserve, and gold bars shouldn't exist in the first place.

Edited by Lexiture
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.