Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Fifteen Gold Bars General Chat Thread

The big question  

153 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many Gold Bars do you have?



Recommended Posts

4eyedcoupe

I'd rather pay the 15 gold than sign into GTA and collect the cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

Like many here none of the roles will cost me anything to start up and even if that weren't the case, I've got plenty enough gold, but I'm still not a fan of the premium currency being used as a paywall to new playable content.

 

To me it seems like an unnecessary hurdle. I'd favour something like a short series of missions, where you bring in a group of outlaws to earn your Bounty Hunter license, hunt some legendary animals to get Cripps Trading Company off to a start and search for treasure to complete a valuable collection to earn the respect of Madam Nazar before embarking upon the path of a Collector.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joshua969
13 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Like many here none of the roles will cost me anything to start up and even if that weren't the case, I've got plenty enough gold, but I'm still not a fan of the premium currency being used as a pay wall to new playable content.

 

To me it seem like an unnecessary hurdle. I'd favour something like a short series of missions, where you bring in a group of outlaws to earn your Bounty Hunter license, hunt some legendary animals to get Cripps Trading Company off to a start and search for treasure to complete a valuable collection to earn the respect of Madam Nazar before embarking upon the path of a Collector.

That's a great idea.  I'd even accept it if this content couldn't be accessed until rank 25 or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
55 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

I'd rather pay the 15 gold than sign into GTA and collect the cards

I was hoping for an exclusive outfit.   Had I known this was the reward.  i would have skipped it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Wrizzle

Haven’t read the whole thread so not sure if it’s been mentioned yet for those that don’t know, but with the discounts and bonuses they’re currently running and have been running for the past couple weeks, you can earn 10 gold bars a day through daily challenges if you complete all 7 of them for the day and if you already have a 21 day streak or more going of completing just one per day. 

Edited by B Wrizzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
18 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

I was hoping for an exclusive outfit.   Had I known this was the reward.  i would have skipped it.

You'll get a mask.

EDDol5qXUAAWpdF?format=png&name=360x360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
4 hours ago, RyuNova said:

 

That would be fine if we had content that was not mind numbingly boring. Repeating the same few Stranger missions for hours on end is tedious. Its not like GTAO that had around eighty unique missions from day one, its the same few missions reskinned in RDO.

 

Not to mention the tedious travelling between Strangers between missions. In GTAO the action and fun never stopped because you could go from mission to mission in the select screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gray-Hand
1 hour ago, joshua969 said:

That's a great idea.  I'd even accept it if this content couldn't be accessed until rank 25 or something along those lines.

Given that you earn gold simply by playing the game - how is a level lock any different to a gold lock?  Both simply require you to spend time playing the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
6 hours ago, Gleeman Vox said:

Would’ve been happy to pay for all three roles with the amount of gold I have, but turns out i get them all for free anyways

How do you get them all for free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
4 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

How do you get them all for free?

Being on PS4; Trader

Amazon Prime (Twitch Prime); Bounty Hunter

Finding all 54 cards on GTAO; Collector

Edited by CMCSAVAGE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
1 minute ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Being on PS4, Amazon Prime (Twitch Prime), and by finding all 54 cards on GTAO.

Ah ok. I'd rather not then. Paying 45 gold is far better than having to play GTAO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

Last night I had an enjoyable evening taking some old cars for drives around the map picking up the cards in GTAO, but yeah, feels like a game whose time has passed now... hopefully RDO can take it's place for me; this update should show whether there's any hope of that or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
26 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

Last night I had an enjoyable evening taking some old cars for drives around the map picking up the cards in GTAO, but yeah, feels like a game whose time has passed now... hopefully RDO can take it's place for me; this update should show whether there's any hope of that or not.

 

I can't be in GTAO for longer than 10 minutes, before getting bored. No matter which way I drive in, it's always the same drive, because I know just about every inch of the tarmac and everything in between already. None of my friends or family play it anymore. 

RDO has to fill the void, but I don't know if this update will do the trick. It will set the tone for upcoming updates. Just a few more days waiting and we'll see.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DontGetClose1990

576 atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again

700 gold today🎉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ring Dang Do
13 hours ago, Karen Daniels said:

Technically you can get all 3 roles without having to spend any gold or money (ehhh... to an extent).

 

Twitch Prime- Bounty Hunter given

PS4- Trader given

54 playing cards- Collector given

 

And even on Xbox, you can at least get 2 of those for free.

The Bounty Hunter deal looks like it will only last until the 8th of September by the wording and I’m not sure how long the others will last.

 

“by Sunday September 8 will get the Bounty Hunter License for free”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karen Daniels
10 hours ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

I can't be in GTAO for longer than 10 minutes, before getting bored. No matter which way I drive in, it's always the same drive, because I know just about every inch of the tarmac and everything in between already. None of my friends or family play it anymore. 

RDO has to fill the void, but I don't know if this update will do the trick. It will set the tone for upcoming updates. Just a few more days waiting and we'll see.....

I am basically in the same boat as you... to an extent.

 

Now that I have completed all the casino missions (multiple times) I basically just have been logging on to do my daily wheel spin. Yesterday I won the car, so it was my longest session in a month thanks to customizing the damn thing.

 

RDO has really been a "let's see how long" type of situation. This update will no doubt get me to sink more time into it. But I am ultimately not worried with the games that are going out (Gears 5, Borderlands) plus I have the Breakpoint beta going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
25 minutes ago, Karen Daniels said:

I am basically in the same boat as you... to an extent.

 

Now that I have completed all the casino missions (multiple times) I basically just have been logging on to do my daily wheel spin. Yesterday I won the car, so it was my longest session in a month thanks to customizing the damn thing.

 

RDO has really been a "let's see how long" type of situation. This update will no doubt get me to sink more time into it. But I am ultimately not worried with the games that are going out (Gears 5, Borderlands) plus I have the Breakpoint beta going. 

 

I logged on today to check out the Gauntlet Hellfire and got the message of collectibles needing to be found. That might be something I'd do in GTAO, just for the sake of completing events.

Other than that, it's all meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OG_GhostDog
On 9/4/2019 at 9:53 PM, 4eyedcoupe said:

I'd rather pay the 15 gold than sign into GTA and collect the cards

I did it yesterday, and it took me less than 3 hours.

 

If you don't have hundreds of gold in RDO, it's definitely worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicMan05
2 minutes ago, OG_GhostDog said:

I did it yesterday, and it took me less than 3 hours.

 

If you don't have hundreds of gold in RDO, it's definitely worth it.

Even if you had hundreds of gold, you're not going to get 15 gold in < 3 hours of playing Red Dead Online. If you own GTA:Online, might as well collect the cards and savethe gold for future roles.  Afterall there's no guarantee future roles will have an optional way to unlock them. (Although I having a feeling they'll be doing paid "Premium" Role Starter Pack(s) in the future)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
4 hours ago, MusicMan05 said:

Even if you had hundreds of gold, you're not going to get 15 gold in < 3 hours of playing Red Dead Online.

Yes you can, easily. Do 7/7 dailies one day, and do 5 the next day, there's 15 gold in an hour and a half tops. 3 hours is 3 hours, it doesn't have to be consecutive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OG_GhostDog
38 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Yes you can, easily. Do 7/7 dailies one day, and do 5 the next day, there's 15 gold in an hour and a half tops. 3 hours is 3 hours, it doesn't have to be consecutive.

First of all, that's NOT 3 hours. That's 3 hours + 28 days of doing dailies, without missing a single day.

I've seen this **** all over the other topics. Why the f do some people assume that everyone's streak is maxed out?

 

Just because for you it's easy to get 15 gold RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean it's a general rule. Doesn't mean 2-3 days from now it's gonna be just as easy.

What happens if you go out of town for a couple of days, or your interned is down and you lose your streak, or you're a new player?

Getting 15 gold would require at least 7 days of doing ALL the daily missions. That's a lot more than 3 hours. Also you can't get all the gold in a single day, you are forced to wait 7 days, if you strictly do dailies only.

 

I'd rather spend 2000$ than 15 gold, usually the $$$ are easier to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
5 minutes ago, OG_GhostDog said:

First of all, that's NOT 3 hours. That's 3 hours + 28 days of doing dailies, without missing a single day.

I've seen this **** all over the other topics. Why the f do some people assume that everyone's streak is maxed out?

 

Just because for you it's easy to get 15 gold RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean it's a general rule. Doesn't mean 2-3 days from now it's gonna be just as easy.

What happens if you go out of town for a couple of days, or your interned is down and you lose your streak, or you're a new player?

Getting 15 gold would require at least 7 days of doing ALL the daily missions. That's a lot more than 3 hours. Also you can't get all the gold in a single day, you are forced to wait 7 days, if you strictly do dailies only.

 

This guy also gets it.

 

6 minutes ago, OG_GhostDog said:

I'd rather spend 2000$ than 15 gold, usually the $$$ are easier to make.

 

It is, you can make dollars from anything. You can only make Gold from Stranger missions or Treasure Chests in Free Roam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

To collect those playing cards took me about an hour, and I drove the Thrax at the time. A heli/broomstick would breeze it with a video guide.

 

I feel it's worth it for anyone already set up in GTA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw
14 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

To collect those playing cards took me about an hour, and I drove the Thrax at the time. A heli/broomstick would breeze it with a video guide.

 

I feel it's worth it for anyone already set up in GTA.

Took me an hour and a half with the Deluxo :)

 

my god the game has aged badly :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, ivarblaauw said:

my god the game has aged badly :/

Yeah, not helped by R* kind of making it all up as they went, it felt anyway. This game does seem to have a longer term plan that I do hope proves a great help.

 

Mind you, this game can be unstable at times. That'll need love if we're buying a business/wagon etc. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coruscamen

12 bars and $300 in my pocket. Haven't played for about two months. I'm on PS4, got Twitch Prime & 54 cards so I should be good. And as for the Outlaw Pass, I would simply donate. Or try to grind for it, not sure at the moment.

As for the roles being locked behind gold, this idea sounds ridiculous. That should be free.

Edited by coruscamen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
2 hours ago, OG_GhostDog said:

First of all, that's NOT 3 hours. That's 3 hours + 28 days of doing dailies, without missing a single day.

I've seen this **** all over the other topics. Why the f do some people assume that everyone's streak is maxed out?

Calm down there killer, I'm well aware not everyone could do it. But if you could, 15 gold in 1 1/2 or 3 hours is certainly doable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xtf
10 hours ago, MusicMan05 said:

Even if you had hundreds of gold, you're not going to get 15 gold in < 3 hours of playing Red Dead Online. If you own GTA:Online, might as well collect the cards and savethe gold for future roles.  Afterall there's no guarantee future roles will have an optional way to unlock them. (Although I having a feeling they'll be doing paid "Premium" Role Starter Pack(s) in the future)

Actually I'm only playing for about 45 minutes to hour a day at the moment, I normally just do the dailies and 1 or 2 free roam events, and I've made 33 gold other the last 3 days.  Granted that's with 10 gold for 7 of 7 dailies but without the streak you would still be getting 4 gold, so getting 15 gold is quite possible in 3 hours.  Without the streak it may be more difficult but I'm not focusing on just making gold either. 

Edited by Xtf
Removed random "if."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadx23

[email protected] earning gold I only get .20 in stranger missions none from my main source of income (hunting) I forget how much missions pay 🙄 maybe I should stick to only one character 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.