4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

FusionFix

Sneed

1 hour ago, Jinx. said:

Actually I have game on discs so downgrader is not useful for me. But your mod was.

Why not just leave topic as it was?

Edited by kubon352

I said why in the reply you quoted. Scripted speech is missing because there is no speech tool (someone is working on an audio tool at the moment of speaking), so special lines depending on the weather and stuff are missing. That one also didn't have all Vladivostok radios in one. The downgrader fixes these and is done with a much better tool, meaning that it might have something that I missed since I had to copy lines one by one with the old tool IIRC, so the less pre-CE patch exclusivity the better, but if you really want to try patch 7 again and enforce the status quo do what B Dawg said.

Edited by Jinx.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, B Dawg said:

What I meant is, get rid of standalone eflc.

Another reason why I'm using standalone EFLC is that when loaded as DLCs for GTA 4, ZiT has trouble identifying radio stations from EFLC's looping equivalent. For example, when GTA 4 plays EFLC's Vladivostok, ZiT couldn't identify the music. The Beat works fine for some reason, but still not Electro-Choc.

Edited by Panzermann11

7 hours ago, Jinx. said:

And this is what happens when coders don't make their mods open source. People will cry about no patch support and how "rockstar bad for breaking m0ds" while it's not Rockstar's fault by a long shot, but the coders for not futureproofing their mods. This happened with patch 8, which was treated exactly like CE nowadays until people made workarounds even without the source and now it's the default patch alongside patch 7, and now this happens with CE too. Not to mention the whole reason behind non-CE support is bullsh*t as nobody uses vanilla multiplayer anymore since GTA Connected released, so there are zero reasons to hide the hidden multiplayer hacks and spying command prompt screens inside the mods or how poor the code is to the point that game starts stuttering more than it did normally.

Which is made even dumber considering the fact that 1.2.0.43 has working .Net ScriptHook and ASI Loader plugins. Rockstar's more than likely not going to release another update to the game any time soon and most people who want to mod the game don't want to go through the hassle of downgrading to 1.0.8.0 so there's really no point in neglecting the CE version.

but muh multiplayerino (dead, only like 14 same people all the time using trainers)

I don't want to sound like some impatient f.uck, but since @Sneed took control of the OP, it led me to think there might be a new update coming soon and if so, I hope it'll bring a lot more fixes because FusionFix only offers very few compared to SilentPatch. I get GTA 4 is on a new engine, so it's not as easy as RenderWare to fix the problems that's plaguing the PC version. And Silent is openly not interested on contributing, to add insult to injury. What do you think?

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 3

afaik there won't be any fixes comng soon

he took control of the OP because I was lazy to update and then I basically auctioned it

I'm sure there's gonna be new fixes soon. The mod is marked as WIP and there's a lot of reported problems of the PC port in GitHub and Thirteen and others might be finding a way to fix bugs or taking his time to fix them as we speak.

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 2

Small update

IV now has Tlad exclusive fix. Niko now uses his leg to balance while stationary on bike during call

Grand_Theft_Auto_4_Screenshot_2021.02.17

14 hours ago, Sneed said:

Small update

IV now has Tlad exclusive fix. Niko now uses his leg to balance while stationary on bike during call

Grand_Theft_Auto_4_Screenshot_2021.02.17

I knew it! Now I'm just waiting for this feature to be carried over to v1.10...

Edited by Panzermann11

10 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

I knew it! Now I'm just waiting for this feature to be carried over to v1.10...

I just implemented it for pre-ivce branch, all it needed was changing one byte in the signature.

Here is the updated version for v1.0.8.0, but unfortunately it crashes TLAD & TBoGT when using the DLC option (ZolikaPatch), not sure about EFLC standalone since I don't have a copy here right now.

Also, ZolikaPatch has that fix as well for v1.0.8.0, just sayin'.

DOWNLOAD

I also added a keyvalue to the .ini to make sure you can toggle it off in case of some issues.
Just add:

BikePhoneAnimFix = 1

under the [MISC] section

Also, @Sneed have you tried loading TLAD/TBoGT with that patch on CE? 

works fine for me on tbogt ce

Grand_Theft_Auto_4_Screenshot_2021.02.18

Grand_Theft_Auto_4_Screenshot_2021.02.18

edit: also why dont you pull request to github? there is pre-ce branch for that :) 

Edited by Sneed
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 7:14 PM, novatic_ said:

Not sure about EFLC standalone since I don't have a copy here right now.

I have standalone EFLC and I tried to run your mod. The mod just throwed an error message when starting the game and refused to load.

Edited by Panzermann11

Also, seems still no one has answered this question yet but is it possible to bring this feature back to PC? Looks like a pain in the ass if not impossible to fix but it seems possible considering this is a port of a console game.

Edited by Panzermann11
HDR effect was actually toned down on PC, not removed.
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

3 hours ago, Sneed said:

why dont you pull request to github? there is pre-ce branch for that

I would if it doesn't crash EFLC for some reason xd

EDIT: Here is the code from my fork, literally just did copy paste + changing the signature for 1.0.8.0 and .ini. Can't see what's wrong with it, I'm also kind of new to memory editing
BikeAnimFix - added .ini option · sierratangocharlie26/[email protected] (github.com)

Edited by novatic_
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Panzermann11

Still need confirmation on the possibilty of the foam effect from the console version though.

• Like 4

imo it's sad that building alpha fix from Zolika Patch isn't present in Fusion Fix, it seems like the biggest flaw left in 1.2.0.43 that hasn't yet been fixed. Does anyone think the same?

Panzermann11
On 3/10/2021 at 3:59 PM, yaroslaviy said:

imo it's sad that building alpha fix from Zolika Patch isn't present in Fusion Fix, it seems like the biggest flaw left in 1.2.0.43 that hasn't yet been fixed. Does anyone think the same?

Yeah, I think he should release the source code at this point. FusionFix only offers a few fixes while ZolikaPatch has a bunch of fixes the former didn't have and the fact most of them haven't been incorporated for this bugs me out. His reasons for not releasing the code sounds like bulls.hit anyways. Even if the code is messy, someone probably will find a way to optimize the code. EFLC and CE deserves some love aswell because ZolikaPatch isn't compatible with them.

Edited by Panzermann11

It's the bug that makes the player unable to climb into the helicopter in the final mission fixed?

5 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

It's the bug that makes the player unable to climb into the helicopter in the final mission fixed?

yes if you put fps limit to 30 in GTAIV.EFLC.FusionFix.ini bug will disappear

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice distant pedestrians seem to disappear when they leave your line of sight? I just tested it real quick and the issue seems to only be present when FusionFix is installed.

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

Danielovitch

It has nothing to do with the mod but I saw that the perestroika lights do not turn on at night, they would break them with some update.

Edit: I did something wrong this mod already solves this.

By the way, the foam effect on the coast is present but broken, if you submerge Niko a little in the water and lower the angle of the camera you can see the foam effect, it is something similar to what happens with the lights that were broken, without the mod they only appeared from certain angles by moving the camera.

Edited by Danielovitch

iiCriminnaaL

The mod still works with 1.0.7.0, right?

If so, does anyone know why the game doesn't start at all? There isn't anything happening in the screen when I try to launch the game, nor even a crash or error message.

4 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL said:

The mod still works with 1.0.7.0, right?

If you download this version:
https://github.com/ThirteenAG/GTAIV.EFLC.FusionFix/releases/tag/v1.10

Also forgot to mention, you might have to disable RemoveUselessChecks in ZolikaPatch as it's somehow a conflict I think

Edited by B Dawg

iiCriminnaaL
5 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

If you download this version:
https://github.com/ThirteenAG/GTAIV.EFLC.FusionFix/releases/tag/v1.10

Also forgot to mention, you might have to disable RemoveUselessChecks in ZolikaPatch as it's somehow a conflict I think

Is it outdated compared to the final version? Or is the only difference is that it's compatible with patch 7?

i think this: 

• Reverse lights now appear at reverse lights location
  • Niko and Luis now use their leg to balance when calling on stationary bike like Johnny in TLaD

wasnt backported and fixed models arent in the pre-CE img too

• Like 1

iiCriminnaaL
21 minutes ago, Sneed said:

i think this: 

• Reverse lights now appear at reverse lights location
  • Niko and Luis now use their leg to balance when calling on stationary bike like Johnny in TLaD

wasnt backported and fixed models arent in the pre-CE img too

Thanks.

By the way, what patch do you guys recommend me to have in my game? 1.0.7.0 or 1.0.8.0? Does patch 8 have some worthy improvements? Is it rather a downgrade? And what is more compatible with mods nowadays? @B Dawg

I've been inactive for not too short, and it seems like many people are going towards patch 8 by now, especially when it comes to mods.