4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

FusionFix

Sneed

15 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

Pretty much possible. Still curious about the foam and HDR. Besides, I'm really excited for any updates that might come up, maybe they'll introduce a lot more fixes as adressed in GitHub.

The only way for sure is if we get Zolika on board... but other than that, I'm not sure if he's willing to contribute to this project. Judging by his mod, he seems like a type of guy who can get a lot of things fixed, like Silent.

Try not to harrass Silent or Zolika about it, capeesh?

Panzermann11
11 hours ago, Motka said:

Try not to harrass Silent or Zolika about it, capeesh?

I get they're not interested for various reasons... Yeah. Still, I'm really hyped for any potential next updates, like I said, there'll probably be a lot more fixes than what we were only offered so far. (E.G. the tunnel car shadows, stopping bike while using telephone, etc.)

Edited by Panzermann11

Fusion Fix and Zolika patch gets along well, but you have to downgrade to 1.0.8.0 And issues like mentioned above are fixed.

Panzermann11
10 minutes ago, kubon352 said:

Fusion Fix and Zolika patch gets along well, but you have to downgrade to 1.0.8.0 And issues like mentioned above are fixed.

I use 1.0.7.0, so that's fine.

IIRC Fusion Fix officially doesn't support patch 7 but if you say it works, it's cool.

Panzermann11
10 hours ago, kubon352 said:

IIRC Fusion Fix officially doesn't support patch 7 but if you say it works, it's cool.

That's because I currently use 1.10, which is compatible with patch 8 and 7.

Edited by Panzermann11
Just realized many others have also requested a lot of stuff from the console to be added, so constantly doing it is pointless.

stop spamming this thread, it was reported by you numerous times and by others even before you. spamming this wont accelereate or make anyone to fix it.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

Panzermann11
9 hours ago, Sneed said:

stop spamming this thread, it was reported by you numerous times and by others even before you. spamming this wont accelereate or make anyone to fix it.

Alright, I get it now. Patience is a virtue.

Edited by Panzermann11

Panzermann11
On 2/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, kubon352 said:

Forgot to mention, ZolikaPatch doesn't work really well with EFLC. When I try to load a game it just stays on the loading screen forever. I disabled everything, used only very few settings and still have the same problem.

I think that's because Zolika patch is for IV with DLC mod, not standalone EFLC.

• Like 2

yaroslaviy

Hello, I'd like to ask if anyone else who's been playing on 1.2.0.43 recently has faced these issues with the autosaves:

when you launch up the game it loads the most recent manual save and ignores a more recent autosave (if there is one). Previous versions of the game (1.0.7.0 for example) didn't have this issue and loaded the autosave if it was more recent than the most recent manual save.

Another issue I've faced is that time stamps are the same for the manual save and its respective autosave, despite the fact that they might've been made at a different date.

I've created a ticket on github but also wanted to share it here, I hope it's not too annoying

https://github.com/GTAmodding/GTAIV-Issues-List/issues/66  

Edit: this issue was resolved with help of Tomasak, I just had to turn off cloud saves!

Edited by yaroslaviy

Panzermann11
On 2/4/2021 at 3:26 PM, kubon352 said:

I think that's because Zolika patch is for IV with DLC mod, not standalone EFLC.

That said, I wish he made a seperate version for EFLC. His mod had fixes FusionFix doesn't, such as Niko not putting his feet on the floor on a bike when calling and the object transparency feature.

Edited by Panzermann11

He won't. If you want to use both of these mods, you need to downgrade.

Panzermann11
4 hours ago, kubon352 said:

He won't. If you want to use both of these mods, you need to downgrade.

Speaking of his fixes, does standalone EFLC already has fixes from Zolika? I know the bike phone bug and the persistent Sanchez headlight was fixed in TLAD, but I'm not sure about the transparency as I started to use the expansion packs as DLC for base GTA 4 using ZolikaPatch.

Edited by Panzermann11

10 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

That said, I wish he made a seperate version for EFLC. His mod had fixes FusionFix doesn't, such as Niko not putting his feet on the floor on a bike when calling and the object transparency feature.

Which option is the object transparency feature in Zolika Patch?

On 2/6/2021 at 4:19 AM, Panzermann11 said:

On 2/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, cyv233 said:

Which option is the object transparency feature in Zolika Patch?

AFAIK, Zolika only fixed alpha blending between LODs which were broken after v1.0.6.0 causing LODs transition abruptly (popping), not sure if object transparency is part of it.

Even if he fixed that it still wouldn't fix the pool balls having transparency instead of full invisibility when crossed by the cue.

The reason is that this feature was only available on XBOX 360, but not actually on PS3 (or PC) and respectively is coded like that in the pool game script (pool_game.sco).
In short, the script checks whether or not it's XBOX 360 version, if not, it applies full invisibility to the balls.

Proof that PS3 version didn't actually have that feature:

EDIT: As it turns out object alpha blending was also part of his fix. I edited the pool_game.sco and removed the platform check to enable the semi-transparent poolballs.
It's not as smooth as on the XBOX 360 version, especially when rotating very slowly with the poolcue since PC version is crap when it comes to handling floating point values (so I heard), but it's still doing its job.

Also, solid coloured poolball models had to be edited since they were looking weird (no colour/black) when going transparent.

I included the fixed ones in the pack as well (no visual changes).

Tested on v1.0.8.0 with ZolikaPatch v5.9

DOWNLOAD

Edited by novatic_
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, novatic_ said:

AFAIK, Zolika only fixed alpha blending between LODs which were broken after v1.0.6.0 causing LODs transition abruptly (popping), not sure if object transparency is part of it.

Yeah, he did an awesome job with LODs, but it fixes buildings pop-ins only. That may be the reason why the ball isn't fixed, not sure. Objects/trees/other pop-ins are still there, he may also fix their LOD transition soon, hopefully. 

15 hours ago, uncaged said:

but it fixes buildings pop-ins only. That may be the reason why the ball isn't fixed

@uncaged but object fading is also fixed as I stated it in my recent post (edit)? Or at least the native function that is used in the pool game script to do that effect SET_OBJECT_ALPHA, it used to be broken before Zolika's patch.

Here's the unedited original code that does the transparency inside the pool_game.sco script:

if (# -NULL-0xc27c84()) // Checks if it's XBOX 360 version
{
	if (fVar7 < 1.00000000) // fVar7 is the distance from the poolcue to the ball (assumed)
	{
		uVar6 = ROUND( fVar7 * 255.00000000 ); // Calculates the value to set the alpha to and rounds it (distance * 255.0; where distance is between 0.1 and 0.9)
		SET_OBJECT_ALPHA( l_U279[I], uVar6 ); // Sets the alpha of the object (ball)
	}
	else
	{
		SET_OBJECT_ALPHA( l_U279[I], 255 );
	}
}
else if (fVar7 < 0.50000000) // If it's not XBOX 360 version (PC & PS3)
{
	SET_OBJECT_VISIBLE( l_U279[I], 0 );
	SET_OBJECT_VISIBLE( l_U296[I], 0 );
}
else
{
	SET_OBJECT_VISIBLE( l_U279[I], 1 );
	SET_OBJECT_VISIBLE( l_U296[I], 1 );
}

Edited by novatic_

1 hour ago, novatic_ said:

but object fading is also fixed as I stated it in my recent post (edit)? Or at least the native function that is used in the pool game script to do that effect SET_OBJECT_ALPHA, it used to be broken before Zolika's patch.

Well, maybe. I only can see that trees, poles and small objects still have very noticeable pop-ins that are absent in 1.0.4.0. Maybe that fix is not enough.

Panzermann11

Another question: is it possible to fix the tunnel shadows like in Zolika's mod? He seems like a talented modder, but goddamn if he's not interested in contributing. The car shadows not appearing in tunnels has been one of the PC port's problems for many years now and I would love to see it fixed in EFLC aswell.

Edited by Panzermann11
Fixed typo.
  • YEE 2

On 2/12/2021 at 6:21 AM, Panzermann11 said:

Another question: is it possible to fix the tunnel shadows like in Zolika's mod? He seems like a talented modder, but goddamn if he's not interested in contributing. The car shadows not appearing in tunnels has been one of the PC port's problems for many years now and I would love to see it fixed in EFLC aswell.

EFLC? It's called Episodes as DLC for IV, so there's no need to code for 2 games instead of just 1 :p

Edited by B Dawg

Panzermann11
18 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

EFLC? It's called Episodes as DLC for IV, so there's no need to code for 2 games instead of just 1 :p

Standalone EFLC, I mean.

25 minutes ago, Panzermann11 said:

Standalone EFLC, I mean.

What I meant is, get rid of standalone eflc.

Panzermann11
12 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

What I meant is, get rid of standalone eflc.

But I really want the EFLC-only radio stations like VCFM. Besides, I don't want to throw away a majority of mod compability by using Complete Edition.

Edited by Panzermann11

34 minutes ago, Panzermann11 said:

But I really want the EFLC-only radio stations like VCFM. Besides, I don't want to throw away a majority of mod compability by using Complete Edition.

But you can have EFLC only radio stations in IV. ZolikaPatch was updated about a month ago or so, so that the game doesn't have issues with them anymore.

Panzermann11
17 hours ago, B Dawg said:

But you can have EFLC only radio stations in IV. ZolikaPatch was updated about a month ago or so, so that the game doesn't have issues with them anymore.

Really? How do I add them to base GTA 4?

4 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

Really? How do I add them to base GTA 4?

Radio Downgrader. I suppose to not have to redownload the game, you could transfer over the audio RPFs for the 3 stations from EFLC over to IV, then use the config files from the downgrader.

Just now, kubon352 said:

There was a thread for this by @Jinx. But it seems to be deleted now.

Yes. Use the downgrader that Tomasak did for Complete Editon. It has more stuff than that old mod, including mixing all Vladivostoks and implementing scripted speech, which I couldn't do because of lack of tools. I don't plan on re-releasing my version ever again.

22 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

And this is what happens when coders don't make their mods open source. People will cry about no patch support and how "rockstar bad for breaking m0ds" while it's not Rockstar's fault by a long shot, but the coders for not futureproofing their mods. This happened with patch 8, which was treated exactly like CE nowadays until people made workarounds even without the source and now it's the default patch alongside patch 7, and now this happens with CE too. Not to mention the whole reason behind non-CE support is bullsh*t as nobody uses vanilla multiplayer anymore since GTA Connected released, so there are zero reasons to hide the hidden multiplayer hacks and spying command prompt screens inside the mods or how poor the code is to the point that game starts stuttering more than it did normally.

• Like 3