4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

FusionFix

Sneed

iiCriminnaaL

I don't know if this counts as a fix (like about every post of mine here ūüėú), but it'd be amazing if you could make armor undamageable¬†through shooting arms, legs, hands and feet.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
  • Like 1

Is there any alternative to budgeted that doesn't require a script?

I would like varied vehicles but the odd vehicle having no engine sound really breaks immersion 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with GTA IV 1.0.8.0 and oldest Fusion Fix version. Game doesn't launch whenever there is plugin folder in game directory and .asi files inside.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:17 AM, Niobium said:

no luck, it still doesn't launch even with an older version of fusionfix

EDIT: installing an even older version of fusionfix seemed to work

Mind sharing older version?

Edited by Kubigz

I started encountering much more crashes recently with pretty much only this mod installed. In Tlad if I attempt to use a weapon while inside a safehouse, game immediately crashes, also if I try to vault over some obstacle it also crashes the game. I encounter many crashes in IV as well. Could it be because of Fusion Fix? Or is it just because GTA IV Complete Edition 1.2.0.32 is broken?

The mods I have installed are:

-Ultimate Asi Loader

-Fusion Fix

-Custom timecycle(CleanIV)

-fixed collision for Rancher (vehicle)

Edit: I reinstalled game and mods and bugs are gone

Edited by yaroslaviy

3 minutes ago, Marsi4eg said:

My game is completely vanilla, just using the FusionFix.asi to limit fps without additional fixes. Version 1.0.8.0

Which version of Fusion Fix you downloaded?

2 minutes ago, Kubigz said:

Which version of Fusion Fix you downloaded?

It was a bug report of colaccel, I accidently posted to wrong topic

Just now, Marsi4eg said:

It was a bug report of colaccel, I accidently posted to wrong topic

Okay, but I'm having problems with Fusion Fix on 1.0.8.0. You say you have the same version, so I need to know which version of Fusion Fix have you installed.

1 minute ago, Kubigz said:

Okay, but I'm having problems with Fusion Fix on 1.0.8.0. You say you have the same version, so I need to know which version of Fusion Fix have you installed.

1.10, the last version that is available for 1.0.8.0 (without vegetaton fix)

Never mind. Sorry for bothering. My dumb ass didn't notice there was missing¬†GTAIV.EFLC.FusionFix.dat in plugins folder ūüėź¬†

Edited by Kubigz

On 8/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, yaroslaviy said:

In Tlad if I attempt to use a weapon while inside a safehouse, game immediately crashes, also if I try to vault over some obstacle it also crashes the game. I encounter many crashes in IV as well.

I dont have these problems.

What's the last version of this fix to work with GTA IV 1.0.7.0 and EFLC 1.1.2.0? The version I can find only works with The Complete Edition.

• 2 weeks later...

what could be causing this? it only happens in specific cutscenes, but I have not played since many years ago so I can not remember every time it happens. but when it does I can see something is off

Spoiler

cHc1fzA.png

this is how it should look 

Spoiler

0uJyRIV.png

17 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

what could be causing this?

It's because you're probably playing the game/cutscene with high/very-high framerates. The game was never meant to have cutscenes playing at high FPS.
With high I mean >60 FPS. IIRC the first versions up until 1.0.3.0 of GTAIV had the cutscenes capped at a certain framerate by default which was then removed by later patches.

If you use FusionFix, which I assume you do, you should take a look inside the .ini. Under the section [FRAMELIMIT] there should be a keyvalue called CutsceneFpsLimit.
By default it is 60, which will cap your game to 60 FPS during cutscenes and only cutscenes. This will most likely eliminate all the glitches that occur in cutscenes.

60 FPS is considered to be the upper threshold before cutscenes start to act weirdly (incorrect camera-movement/zoom, character animations are laggy etc.).

IMHO you should consider lowering the value to something lower than 60 FPS because there are some cutscenes that will still spaz out even with 60 FPS. The framerate is really inconsistent across all cutscenes in the game, some were captured/animated in 60 FPS some even with only 40 so you might notice some cutscene are broken while others are fine with 60 FPS.

@ernestin1 It's still up to you what you prefer. In case you don't care/you can cope with low-fps cutscenes I recommend 40-35 FPS.

understood, also, I noticed this when playing the last mission today, any way this patch could fix this problem? 

1 hour ago, ernestin1 said:

understood, also, I noticed this when playing the last mission today, any way this patch could fix this problem? 

This was already fixed officially in patch 8, if you're using an older version for whatever reason just take the script.img from patch 8 and use it in your game.

3 hours ago, zanesix said:

This was already fixed officially in patch 8, if you're using an older version for whatever reason just take the script.img from patch 8 and use it in your game.

I also had the helicopter glitch using FusionFix with the latest patch. I managed to get it working by changing my refresh rate to 48 Hz temporarily, but is there any value I can edit in the config file for FusionFix to avoid this in the future?

3 hours ago, zanesix said:

Wait, for real? Is this a common thing? Did that fix get broken in some other patch?

Yeah I'm pretty sure the latest patch broke this again as my previous play through didn't have the bug and that was the previous patch. Typical Rockstar Seal of quality right?

Edited by Ogden

I can confirm that bug still happens even with the RGL's Complete Edition. It happened to me, even though I had Fusionfix and the frame limiter turned on.

yes, Im not using an older version of gta iv and still had this problem, you can see people in the comments say they are having this problem in the latest version of gta iv

Hello, I have another problem basically is that very often when I stand on the marker to start a mission in TBOG the game is stuck on the loading text, when all goes well, I see the mission name on the bottom right for a couple of seconds then the missions starts, but when the bug happens, rather than the mission name, the text is stuck on "loading" I played trough all of gta iv and tlad and I didnt encounter this problem, any idea?

Spoiler

2Xunhx1.png

This happened to me exactly once in my entire tbogt playthrough, I assumed it was just a rare bug that happens randomly if you're extremely unlucky. 

@ernestin1 According to the GTA IV speedrun community (read here) the infinite loadingscreen is a common issue when not limiting the framerate. I guess not capping the framerate increases the chance of an infinite loadingscreen.
So it might not have anything to do with FusionFix, just Rockstar and their crappy port as always.

• 1 month later...

Still having intermittent no vehicle sounds.

If I lower the budgeting values will this in theory free up some bandwidth for vehicle sounds to work properly without causing any other problems?

Must admit I don't know how it works so be good to understand and possibly suggest a sensible value to bring it down to.

oZbhb35.png

Edited by ceaton88