Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

AmyStone

God mode glitch

Recommended Posts

Pocket Fox

God Mode in GTA Online: Exists, well documented, addressed several times in patch notes.

God Mode in RDRO: lawl, I don't believe you, it doesn't exist and can never exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

Like others (of a heroic standing) have said, reporting them to Sony is probably your best option. I'm pretty sure on Xbox it doesn't do a lot - maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. I have heard though, that Sony can really punish people.

 

It is a shame though, that by then your experience has already been shat on. The 3* Whitetail Buck has been damaged, your character killed, and your special ammo wasted. Changing to another session doesn't get that back either. They really just need to get the update out and fix this sort of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
9 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I'm pretty sure on Xbox it doesn't do a lot - maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. I have heard though, that Sony can really punish people.

I don't know how Microsoft handle these issues now, but they use to be tougher than Sony back in the day. I remember some kind of exploit in a CoD game, Sony refused to act but Microsoft publicly stated that they would ban players who were caught using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Like others have said, reporting them to Sony is probably your best option. 

You need to look at the bigger picture. Let's say by some slim chance a player gets banned, so what, the glitch still exists. Sony isn't going to patch it, that's R*'s responsibility. The glitch is the issue, not the person using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
11 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

You need to look at the bigger picture. Let's say by some slim chance a player gets banned, so what, the glitch still exists. Sony isn't going to patch it, that's R*'s responsibility. The glitch is the issue, not the person using it.

 

If people choose not to exploit a glitch, a glitch isn't an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

I'm not going to put it out here on the internet simply because if I do so, every Griefer and their brother will be using this.

 

But you have to trust me it has to do with cards, Health drinks, and having additional members.

I don't believe any card combination will let you survive even 1 dynamite arrow. But 4 direct hits and health not going down at all. I don't buy that. So how do you explain not being able to lock on?

Edited by AmyStone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
5 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

If people choose not to exploit a glitch, a glitch isn't an issue. 

Like that'll ever happen, never. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
2 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Like that'll ever happen, never. 

 

So, there you have it. Thanks for confirming the person exploiting glitches are the problem, not the glitch itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
13 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Like that'll ever happen, never. 

Certainly won't. And it'll only grow while R* keep turning a blind eye and allow it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
7 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

So, there you have it. Thanks for confirming the person exploiting glitches are the problem, not the glitch itself. 

And if the glitch didn't exist, it couldn't be exploited. I'm not gonna go back and forth with this which came first, the chicken or the egg argument. You've stated your opinion as have I, let's leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

And if the glitch didn't exist, it couldn't be exploited. I'm not gonna go back and forth with this which came first, the chicken or the egg argument. You've stated your opinion as have I, let's leave it at that.

 

Players can also report a glitch to Rockstar when they discover it, instead of exploiting it. "Hey Rockstar. I found a glitch which makes me invulnerable. Here's a vid on how I do it".

I bet Rockstar won't receive many of those reports. 

Edited by Leftover Pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Dedito Gae
1 hour ago, Leftover Pizza said:

If people choose not to exploit a glitch, a glitch isn't an issue. 

Are you for real lol

 

What kind of mental gymnastics are you pulling to come up with this train of thought? glitches are always an issue whether exploited or not, the whole thing is at fault not only the people taking advantage of the situation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

Are you for real lol

 

What kind of mental gymnastics are you pulling to come up with this train of thought? glitches are always an issue whether exploited or not, the whole thing is at fault not only the people taking advantage of the situation...

 

Oh yeah, I am for real. People have a choice, you know. No mental gymnastics at all, just common sense. I know about the many money and gold glitches in this game and also the exploits with AC's, but choose not to exploit any of them. 

If a game has small faults due to some reason, it is not mandatory to exploit them. 

Mental gymnastics? Lol, okay. That explains.

 

Edit: agreed on the point that a glitch AND the abusers of it are a combined problem. I'm just saying the problem would be far less if people chose not to abuse glitches.

Edited by Leftover Pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I don't believe any card combination will let you survive even 1 dynamite arrow. But 4 direct hits and health not going down at all. I don't buy that. So how do you explain not being able to lock on?

 

True, and I made an Assumption about the dynamite arrows but considering the fact that I would survive explosive and incendiary ammo I would have to assume the same for Dynamite arrows.

 

However I fully understand your frustration. People choose to cheat in a game that already gives them auto aim and ability Boost from Cards Honestly it's ridiculous that they do so.

...but even more ridiculous that Rockstar hasn't put this together yet and nerfed all cards.

 

 

Edited by Deadman2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Dedito Gae
10 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

If a game has small faults due to some reason, it is not mandatory to exploit them. 

A god mode in an online game its far from being an "small fault". Thinking that some people are not gonna exploit it out of principles its naivette of the highest order lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg

Im not sure if its GOD mode.

 

But every once in a while I get players who I can't shoot.    Like, when I have the aimer on them I cannot fire my gun.  

 

Yet they can still attack me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Certainly won't. And it'll only grow while R* keep turning a blind eye and allow it to.

 

Right.

Hence the reason why I think there should be a month-long punishment for it. Like no guns and no horses for that time frame.

 

 

Edited by Deadman2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
41 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

A god mode in an online game its far from being an "small fault". Thinking that some people are not gonna exploit it out of principles its naivette of the highest order lmao

 

Well, thanks to you too for confirming that the people are the biggest problem, not the glitch perse. 

Maybe it's easier to digest when I use an analogy like: guns don't kill people if no one pulls the trigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter
13 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

You need to look at the bigger picture. Let's say by some slim chance a player gets banned, so what, the glitch still exists. Sony isn't going to patch it, that's R*'s responsibility. The glitch is the issue, not the person using it.

Yeah I more or less said as much, in the second half of my post. It's up to Rockstar when they patch it though, so all you can do is report them to Sony. Doesn't fix much but it's better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx

Some people think it's great to win, like they really accomplished something, when they cheat to do it. Personally, I don't see the big thrill in winning by cheating, but for some people it really jacks their ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

Notice how he shoots me while I am in defensive and does not turn red.  I also hate how the bow doesnt fire sometimes.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
39 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

giphy.gif

Notice how he shoots me while I am in defensive and does not turn red.  I also hate how the bow doesnt fire sometimes.

 

He may shoot at you a lot, but he misses 99% of his shots. One hit doesn't turn you red. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
12 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

He may shoot at you a lot, but he misses 99% of his shots. One hit doesn't turn you red. 

yeah it does, you can bump into someone and the become bright read...he definitely shot me here, but earlier...he killed me repeatedly and never turned red.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
8 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

yeah it does, you can bump into someone and the become bright read...he definitely shot me here, but earlier...he killed me repeatedly and never turned red.

 

 

I think you need to do a certain percentage of damage to someone's HP to become hostile. I've been shot at several times and seen them turn red only after a few shots hit and did about 15-20% damage to my HP. As far as I can see, he hit you maybe once and took off maybe 10% of your health, if not less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

I think you need to do a certain percentage of damage to someone's HP to become hostile. I've been shot at several times and seen them turn red only after a few shots hit and did about 15-20% damage to my HP. As far as I can see, he hit you maybe once and took off maybe 10% of your health, if not less.

Everytime I have been shot by a player, they turn bright red aside from some bug or glitch in this case.  The reason my health does not drop that much...I had popped a tonic which its slightly yellow and goes white when he shoot me, another guy off screen shoots me as well.  Not only that, everytime I shoot a player while I am in defensive, they become bright red which also does not happen.  I had shot this guy with a dynamite arrow previously, about 10 secs earlier, and did not record it because although I was skeptical as his dot never changed despite killing me, I was not prepared for outright cheating.  It was about 6 on 1, so I was not keeping close track.  If I had pressed record, a few seconds later, you would see him standing shooting me. He was able to shoot near the mail room he never became transparent unless I was was actually buying something.  He was definitely in a glitch.  

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jazzbone

Once again something that would be much less of an issue if private lobby play would be available.
Let all those that use exploits and that greifing is their favorite activity to play and to feed on themselves in a public lobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
47 minutes ago, jazzbone said:

Once again something that would be much less of an issue if private lobby play would be available.
Let all those that use exploits and that greifing is their favorite activity to play and to feed on themselves in a public lobby.

Not saying I completely disagree with your point, I just think the single player game is all the private lobby you need.  If you aren't interested in showing off or hanging with friends, then stick to single player...its so much better than online...it really is a shame that all of the missions, npcs, changing environment, and just basically everything isn't simply ported over to online so you can co-op the game.  The single player is so much better to play solo.  Are there a few mechanics thats are better in online sure, but if you want solo, play single player.  If you want to show off and hang, then it make some sense, that you should have to interact with the a-holes as well.  Its more interesting that way for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jazzbone said:

Once again something that would be much less of an issue if private lobby play would be available.
Let all those that use exploits and that greifing is their favorite activity to play and to feed on themselves in a public lobby.

 

To be frank, I've been in game for the whole evening and not seen another player at all. Done hunting from Rhodes to Blackwater and from there to Valentine, Emerald and back to Rhodes a few times again. Strayed off a few times for strangers, hideouts, camp defenses, but not seen any of the 20+ other players from the list. Not even a blip on the map. The session must have been around 5 hours long, without any disconnects, btw. It was kind of a very boring session with no other players in sight to interact with. I'm not sure I'd prefer this over some moderate player interaction (with the occasional gun fight) much. The world doesn't feel alive much at all.

Edited by Leftover Pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
24 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

To be frank, I've been in game for the whole evening and not seen another player at all. Done hunting from Rhodes to Blackwater and from there to Valentine, Emerald and back to Rhodes a few times again. Strayed off a few times for strangers, hideouts, camp defenses, but not seen any of the 20+ other players from the list. Not even a blip on the map. The session must have been around 5 hours long, without any disconnects, btw. It was kind of a very boring session with no other players in sight to interact with. I'm not sure I'd prefer this over some moderate player interaction (with the occasional gun fight) much. The world doesn't feel alive much at all.

You were lucky I guess. I've never gone more than 15 minutes without seeing anyone, and Valentine is ALWAYS a war zone. St. Denis always has a few people wandering around or killing everyone in site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
On 8/25/2019 at 3:31 PM, Deadman2112 said:

Right.

Hence the reason why I think there should be a month-long punishment for it. Like no guns and no horses for that time frame.

I do hope they do more to make the game safer for those that don't cheat these things. There's just no gaming to be had when another puts this crap on us.

3 hours ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

Not saying I completely disagree with your point, I just think the single player game is all the private lobby you need.  If you aren't interested in showing off or hanging with friends, then stick to single player...

I do disagree. Go private and invite all your friends and posse members etc. Fun without the chance of suffering a cheat.

 

If R* can't/won't remove them, let us. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.