2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

EARN DOUBLE GOLD ON DAILY CHALLENGES (August 20th/27th & September 3rd)

Jason

4c8b45e073f2bbaea084bd24b72c83e4f355d06d

As the next major expansion to Red Dead Online approaches, adventure-seekers can earn Double Gold for taking on Daily Challenges this week. Completing all seven Challenges will award a total of Four Gold Bars per day through September 2.

f9e8dc2c296fd26bc6e16ba16dc06d7fb0693f40

Additionally, those who complete 10 Daily Challenges over the course of the next seven days will receive a gift of 30x Explosive Repeater Ammo and 10x Poison Throwing Knives to use as they please during their adventures across the five states.

32cdbd6cd65bc5341681ee270c600ab5def3560c

If the brutish nature of gritty, competitive blood sport is more your style, all Showdown Modes are awarding an extra boost of 40% XP to all participants.

34d357c5ab545e027db5aa35e43e31c3c6608260

c0533ffaf1b0e48dba80f7afad1442be11d89800

The Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue sees some fan favorite time-limited offerings back in stock this week, including the rugged Gator Hat and snake hide Woodland Gloves - perfect for hunting through the bayou. The Ortega Vest and Tied Pants also return to stores, while the Calhoun Boots and Vaquero Baroque Spurs complete the ensemble.  

9c6bcb46da0e317e5a71c7b883a0676e9266da88

Tailors from Saint Denis to Valentine are more than happy to help deck you out from hat to tail. All Outfits this week are seeing their rank requirements dropped to Rank 10 and are discounted by 25% to boot.

d4ae29aaadc661765aa6fd1dddb23fb6628e028d

And before mounting up and riding off, make sure your Satchel is stocked. Crack open the Catalogue and take advantage of 35% off all Tonics & Provisions, while Action/Greet Emotes can also be acquired for 30% off. Ability Card Upgrades continue to be available at a discount of 25% through September 2.

a1cad5f63d12af57662048d573a1666be284bb84

Twitch Prime members who have linked their account to their Rockstar Games Social Club profile can pick up the Tasman (Male only) and Danube (Female only) outfits, the boisterous "How Dare You" emote and the high-powered Carcano Rifle, all for free and without Rank restrictions. Twitch Prime members that completed sign up by August 15 this week will also receive an additional 10% discount on all of the discounts listed above. 

Visit here for more details on linking your Rockstar Games Social Club and Twitch Prime accounts, and stay tuned to the Newswire for more Red Dead Online news in the coming weeks.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61093/Earn-Double-Gold-on-Daily-Challenges

Edited by Jason

September 2nd? F**k me.

As if we could trust that date for the summer update again anyway.

As bonuses go, 2x on daily challenges is pretty good.

But lettuce be cereal the update was probably delayed and another 2 week event is horrible news. Two weeks till the update, at least. Sucks man.

2 minutes ago, Tasty_Pasta said:

September 2nd? F**k me.

Yeah.....don't die on that hill.....again(for some people).

Another 2 week event, great.... At least make it a good one if its 2 weeks. This is really lackluster.

My guess is that they are really trying to stretch things out with this one. Maybe something happened and they gave themselves 2 weeks to fix it? Still, once an update comes out in September you can't really call it a summer update, as all the dripfeed will be in the fall; and let's be honest, just because summer "technically" ends on the 23rd, nobody actually thinks of September as a summer month. By the 23rd of September the leaves are already yellow and red.

• Like 4

I am excited about 2x daily challenges.  And I pretty much have at least one outfit at all times using the Gator Hat and Woodland Gloves, so I'm sure it's good for other people to finally get their hands on those clothing items.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tasty_Pasta said:

September 2nd? F**k me.

Either they started some advanced bug testing or or it´s a DLC made of 5 programmers in a basement!

Was hoping for some news by now..... I got over 350 bars of gold and nothing to spend it on except emotes and last week I reached my goal of 10k!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Another 2 week event, great.... At least make it a good one if its 2 weeks. This is really lackluster.

My guess is that they are really trying to stretch things out with this one. Maybe something happened and they gave themselves 2 weeks to fix it? Still, once an update comes out in September you can't really call it a summer update, as all the dripfeed will be in the fall; and let's be honest, just because summer "technically" ends on the 23rd, nobody actually thinks of September as a summer month. By the 23rd of September the leaves are already yellow and red.

This was exactly my point

earlier. And I said Rockstar had been misleading labelling this a summer update.

• Like 1

ShadowlessDevil
1 minute ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Summer ends on September 23rd. Whether people like it or not. Even if the leaves are yellow and red. 

First line mentions september 2nd, any other line mentions 'this week'. Which is it Rockstar?!

Edited by ivarblaauw

Oh, lovely; two more weeks and then what? Right, I'll be leaving the country and won't be able to play. Oh well, it's all just a distraction and I've got more important things to do anyway. I've tried to keep the streak going to 100 days, but I have literally lost my drive to even play. So, I guess I'll see you all in late September or whenever/if this update drops; I won't be around much, so take care and let's hope for the best.

Leftover Pizza

A 2x bonus on dailies sure the hell isn't gonna get me back on the streak. I'm quite happy to skip on this game for another 2 weeks or until the update drops. 

Just now, ShadowlessDevil said:

Summer ends on September 23rd. Whether people like it or not. Even if the leaves are yellow and red. 

And R* will use that technicality to no end. In all respects save for the position of the planet in relation to the Sun, September is an Autumn month. Colder weather, changing colour of the leaves, animal migration etc.

Leftover Pizza
2 minutes ago, alex1055 said:

At least another two week of discounts then. Things are getting so bad that they can’t even think of new weekly events.

That and they're depending on the greed of the players to spoil them with extra gold from the daily grind, because that's all the player wants, right? 

• Like 3

Think we'll hear anything during this 2 week event? Or will they be radio-silent until the event week is over? Seems a 2 week period is ideal for giving some info.

Edited by ghostsoap01

14 minutes ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

On the northern hemisphere but the south hasn´t have it´s summer yet!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Think we'll hear anything during this 2 week event? Or will they be radio-silent until the event week is over? Seems a 2 week period is ideal for giving some info.

Well with R* its just something you have to keep up with. You can't say yes or no definitively, because they don't keep people posted too well.

• Like 1

ShadowlessDevil
16 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

This was exactly my point

earlier. And I said Rockstar had been misleading labelling this a summer update.

16 minutes ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

How so? Look on any calendar and it will tell you summer ends on September 23rd. Not sure what calendar you’re using... 🙄

So 140 Gold Bars over the next 2 weeks just for Dailies..

The the only good thing I'm seeing so far..

• Like 3
Mainthreadrule.gif

7 minutes ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

How so? Look on any calendar and it will tell you summer ends on September 23rd. Not sure what calendar you’re using... 🙄

I believe you meant to quote me? If not disregard this post, but it seems you quoted yourself.

What I am saying is that ignoring the calendar, common sense points to September as an autumn month. School is back, summer break is over, people are back to work if they were on vacation. Furthermore, looking at nature, there's many indicators that point to the start of fall that take place in September.

Here's a (probably poor) analogy. Its like telling your friend that you will be back later, only to arrive in 40 years time. Sure, its technically later, so you did tell the truth; but 40 years is clearly not what your friend understood when you said later. In the same way, summer is not understood to mean late September by most people (not sure if I was clear, but its the best analogy I could come up with).

• Like 2

I told you it would be a sh*t hastily thrown together week. The Twitch Prime Benefits prove that, another two weeks of the same rewards? Sorry, what am I paying for the other three weeks exactly?

• Like 2

Lonely-Martin

Double gold is decent, but it's no incentive for me really, I'll probably do a few to edge closer to that trophy. Otherwise, business as usual, gaming elsewhere until this game grows.

42 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Oh, lovely; two more weeks and then what? Right, I'll be leaving the country and won't be able to play. Oh well, it's all just a distraction and I've got more important things to do anyway. I've tried to keep the streak going to 100 days, but I have literally lost my drive to even play. So, I guess I'll see you all in late September or whenever/if this update drops; I won't be around much, so take care and let's hope for the best.

Hopefully you can bring some good fortune our way once you return, lol. Enjoy. :)

Imagine all the kids waiting all summer for this lol

1 hour ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Yea of course cos I bet when this update was announced in June you thought ‘Can’t wait till September!’.

They said 40% boost on all showdowns but I don't see it. The only XP boost I see is on Story Missions.

possible 10 gold a day ain't so bad. scooped the mercer outfit just for the bison coat and another pair of sportsmans in a color i wanted.

the whole outfit is like $185 with the discount. i'd rather pay ~$110 for a coat i don't even have unlocked (it's 40 gold before level 92, 8 after lmao - and sportsmans are $70ish) and end up with a couple extra pieces of clothing i might use sometimes, like the black double breasted vest. so yeah pretty sweet deal there. any good cold weather fishing spots? lol

that's about the only positive to this though. atleast i'll actually want to do some of the challenges  again for the double pay. 

• Like 3

I feel like most people are upset, because they were thinking "Summer Update" should release in the Summer and should be played/enjoyed throughout the Summer instead of released in the Summer possibly to be enjoyed throughout the Fall(If they release on the last day possible Sept 23) while the other side says Summer update just has to be released in the Summer to remain valid so they are quietly on stand by mode.

Not stating my opinion....just what I'm witnessing right now. 

• Like 3