1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA V Crashes with error code 0xc0000005!! HELP!

VitoCorleone1992

AirWolf359
23 hours ago, iguana said:

Any update from you guys? Was the issue fixed by installing 1909?

3 hours ago, DeadlyMercury said:

I think it is not 1909 but game or driver update.

Because my game stopped crashing before 1909 update.

Windows 10 v1903, nVidia 399.24, no crashes since my last post here. I guess it was a game update that fixed it.

• 1 month later...
Choban1606

I had this issue for over a year now, but I can't even get in the game, mine always crashes at the 2nd loading screen, but i still have the 0xc0000005 error code in my log files. Fu#king Rockstar can't fix a problem for over a year. Now I play on my Xbox...

• YEE 1
  • 5 weeks later...
DeadlyMercury

Guys, do you want to hear a joke? :)

[2020-01-30 20:28:27.833] [DISPLAY] [19292] [crashdetection] Game left no exit file.
[2020-01-30 20:28:27.833] [ ERROR ] [19292] [crashdetection] Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit (reason: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

[2020-01-30 20:28:27.833] [DISPLAY] [19292] [crashdetection] Game left no exit file.
[2020-01-30 20:28:27.833] [ ERROR ] [19292] [crashdetection] Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit (reason: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

• 5 months later...
maxtersmovil

Hi guys, if this is not a problem of your pc, it is a type of punishment from "rockstar technical support when they are doing maintenance to the servers" the same thing happened to me for using "mod menu" cheats... 

I played for 2 weeks with mod menu, before the same thing happened to me, the error always happens when you are online.

thanks rockstar, f..--.-.-u.--.-.-.-c.--.--.--.-.k,,,,,,,,,,.........y..--.--.-.-.-.-o.-----......-.--.-...u

Edited by maxtersmovil
Michael André

the issue is still on. last week i was playing fine gta online until yesterday the game started crashing when being in gta online 2 minutes the weird thing is also story mode crashes. trying playing the game without connection fixes the issue, then a friend of mine chat to me and says the the same issue is happening to him both online/story mode. every fix imaginable was tried and no luck. iam starting to think this is a server side problem making the game crash. if someone has info on that please reply

the issue is still on. last week i was playing fine gta online until yesterday the game started crashing when being in gta online 2 minutes the weird thing is also story mode crashes. trying playing the game without connection fixes the issue, then a friend of mine chat to me and says the the same issue is happening to him both online/story mode. every fix imaginable was tried and no luck. iam starting to think this is a server side problem making the game crash. if someone has info on that please reply.

zlFenixlz

I've had the same error since yesterday.
Reinstalled, verified game data, sfc scannow, delete cache files, ccleaner, no GPU, or CPU problems or heat, I tried what ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said, nothing has worked. I don't have mods. Epic games GTA V. 
My problem is only with the Online, I've tried story mode, everything was ok, but I switched to online and I can't play after 1 minute the game crashed.
I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram, RX 580 Sapphire Nitro. All drivers up to date. 

Edited by zlFenixlz

so... seems like the crashing thing came back. same error 0xc0000005. sometimes the game run smoothly for 2-3 hours. but if I close it by myself and open again it will just crash and keeps crashing from there. tried all the solutions given here but nothing. until the pilot's week event there wasn't any issue.
ryzen 2600/rx 480/20GB RAM

• 1 month later...
Koenigsberg

I will leave some info here, because this issue is something that I have ran into literally hundreds of times while modding. Even though many of you have not, it is useful to understand what this error implicates.

The error 0x0000005 (usually followed by some sort of access violation message) is an absolutely generic variant of attempting to access memory that is not allocated for this process. This message tells you absolutely jack, it is very likely most of you have absolutely different problems, that have nothing to do with one another. Those of you programming in C++ should be familiar with this error message as well, it is a generic access violation. Same goes for users coding in Java, where this is the analogue to the error that pops up when a memory exception crashes the entire JVM (not just your application). This is probably a bit technical, so just TL;DR this - the error on its own does not tell you ANY information.

In any case, I have identified some sources for the error in the game, some of which may apply to you:

* Exceeding the available memory pool. This can be achieved using mods, e.g. by swapping in vehicles that are too large. It is also possible to achieve on a low RAM system where the pagefile is also too small or not available.
* Broken metadata. Breaking vehicles.meta entries might lead to this behavior, however proving this is difficult.

* Windows permissions. This is what happens when Windows prevents the executable from accessing assets, due to permissions.

* Corrupted assets, such as vehicles.

* Corrupted ScriptHook script, specifically, unhandled exceptions in those scripts.
* There are reports of certain settings being able to cause such errors too, though this is not conclusively confirmed. Examples are grass density and tesselation apparently.

* Attempting to spawn more peds in a vehicle than are seats in this vehicle (this is related to messing up meta files).

* Attempting to spawn tuning parts on cars that are not suited for those tuning parts. This is why your game WILL crash if you swap out cars and do not remove permission to spawn cars with tuning.
* ... (there is probably a LOT more)

Long story short, sadly this message tells you absolutely nothing, other than "the game crashed", because any kind of error can lead to a faulty memory access down the line. This is not malicious by R*, it is just lazy. They did not bother with safety routines, logfiles (there are some, as you guys noticed, but those are useless) or any ways for 3rd parties to be able to debug errors. That's R* for you. Most of you are likely having issues that are not in any way related to each other.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
SanOrieno

Hello guys,

I see that this thread is a bit old but maybe this post will help somebody out there.

I encountered the same error stated above. In my case, I had the "luck" of having the luncher installed in one external hdd (1 Tb) and the 90Gb game files on an internal ssd drive, just for the sake of faster loading times. When ther 0xc0000005 error appeared, I tried doing a scandisk check and... it found A LOT of errors, probably due to some issue in usb cablage and/or some voltage high-low tension problems our house had in the past few days.

Long story short, i manually eliminated the launcher folder, re-installed the Rockastar social club on the sdd drive (same folder where game files were installed previously) and now I could log in into GTA V online.

Hope this helps somebody.

Cheers and happy new -safe- year!

SO

• Like 1