Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

  • 6
VitoCorleone1992

GTA V Crashes with error code 0xc0000005!! HELP!

Question

VitoCorleone1992
Posted (edited)

Guys, i'm so desperate! Let's start from the begining:

 

I used a VPN to be able to get chips in order to buy the casino store itens, since i'm one from those banned countries. But guess what?! Now everyone apparently can purchase them! I got into trouble for nothing! So...i used ProtonVPN. I had a trial premium version for a couple of days, after that the VPN would automatically go for the standard free version. Seems like only toke 1 or 2 days of using the free standard version for my game get f*cked up! Here is what happened:

I launched the game using the VPN, while in the main menu of the game, during the loading time to join GTA Online, the game crashed like 20 seconds after being in the loading. Then i turned off the VPN but the problem persisted. Sometimes i was able to get in the Single Player for 3 seconds or so before crash. The crash would lead the game to automatically exit and then i would receive a Social Club notification saying that "GTA closed unexpectadly, blablabla", not saying the exactly reason why. Then, i did all the imaginable, i uninstalled the VPN, i checked my drivers to see if they were up to date, i installed the most recent Windows software version, and i was now able to play for 10 minutes (oddly enough, lol), but i would crashed again in the end. Then, i searched for solutions in the internet, i got one solution that was to go to the Documents folder of the game, go to Profiles, open folder "DC(and some numbers there)" and delete the files "cfg.dat" and "pc_settings_bin", but none of that worked, i would crash after those 10-ish minutes of game. I even let one friend and one cousin of mine that i trusted, to play the game with my account, and seems like they did it with no problem (one just made the login to see if my account was ok, the other played like 30 minutes and didn't noticed any problem).

After that i saw the only solution was to format the pc! I did that yesterday, my hard drive was completely cleaned up, my pc was "new like a baby" again. But the problem wasn't solved that  well, bcz i usually would crash at the first try of login into online, but at the 2nd attempt i would stay in the game for like 2 hours which was the time record (and then i crashed again!).

Today, for coincidence or not, seems like the servers were down for a little bit and when i tried to play the game i got the same problem of before...10-ish minutes of being able to play the game, then the crash.

[UPDATE IN THE SITUATION]: Today i tried to play GTA without internet, so i could just go to the Single Player! But i stay there for 3 hours without a problem! Then, i turned again the internet connection and the crashes after 5-10 minutes came too.

 

Here is what was the report of the launcher log:

 

P.S.: PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME! IN THE ULTIMATE OPTION I NEED TO CONTACT ROCKSTAR, BUT...i'm affraid that i will be banned for used a VPN (which i most need to tell them in order to get help...or a ban...).

 

08-16 00:00:48.717] [DISPLAY] Using DPI 96
[2019-08-16 00:00:48.939] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:6c90000 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe)
[2019-08-16 00:00:49.131] [DISPLAY] File version 10002:40001 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club\socialclub.dll)
[2019-08-16 00:00:49.307] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:6c90000 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe)
[2019-08-16 00:00:49.329] [DISPLAY] Version: 1.0.231.0|1.0.1737.0|1.2.4.1|1.0.1737.0|FFP
[2019-08-16 00:00:49.830] [DISPLAY] OS version: Major: 6, Minor: 2, Build: 9200, Platform: 2
[2019-08-16 00:00:50.011] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:3 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe)
[2019-08-16 00:00:50.699] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:6c90000 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe)
[2019-08-16 00:00:51.008] [DISPLAY] Opened options file.
[2019-08-16 00:00:51.291] [DISPLAY] File version 10002:40001 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club\socialclub.dll)
[2019-08-16 00:00:51.402] [DISPLAY] Social Club initializing...
[2019-08-16 00:00:52.755] [DISPLAY] Attempting to create device...
[2019-08-16 00:00:52.765] [DISPLAY] Attempting to initialise DX9 COM object...
[2019-08-16 00:00:52.785] [DISPLAY] Window size: 690 x 496
[2019-08-16 00:00:52.882] [DISPLAY] Successfully created DX Device!
[2019-08-16 00:00:54.611] [DISPLAY] Geo: PT
[2019-08-16 00:01:04.856] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:6c90000 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe)
[2019-08-16 00:01:25.040] [DISPLAY] In-place download is up-to-date.
[2019-08-16 00:01:31.418] [DISPLAY] Launching game...
[2019-08-16 00:01:31.425] [DISPLAY] (path: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe cmdline: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe")
[2019-08-16 00:16:13.934] [ ERROR ] GameComm: ReadFile failed.
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.380] [DISPLAY] Game exited with code 0xc0000005
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.382] [ ERROR ] Unable to stat out-file!
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.393] [ ERROR ] ************************************************************************
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.393] [ ERROR ] * Setting error condition
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.395] [ ERROR ] * Category:  1 (ERROR_CATEGORY_LAUNCHER)
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.397] [ ERROR ] * Code:     107 (LAUNCHER_ERR_GAME_CRASHED)
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.397] [ ERROR ] * Extra:     
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.397] [ ERROR ] * Localised: Erro do inicializador. Código: 107
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.397] [ ERROR ] ************************************************************************
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.403] [ ERROR ] Unable to read out-file!
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.409] [ ERROR ] ************************************************************************
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.409] [ ERROR ] * Setting error condition
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.409] [ ERROR ] * Category:  5 (ERROR_CATEGORY_EXIT_CODE)
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.410] [ ERROR ] * Code:     -1073741819 (c0000005)
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.412] [ ERROR ] * Extra:     
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.412] [ ERROR ] * Localised: Grand Theft Auto V fechou inesperadamente.

 Clique em Tentar Novamente para entrar de novo no jogo ou em Modo Segurança para correr o jogo com as definições gráficas reduzidas.

Se ainda tiver problemas ao correr o jogo, contacte o Suporte da Rockstar Games em http://support.rockstargames.com
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.412] [ ERROR ] ************************************************************************
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.425] [ ERROR ] Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a game crash (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
[2019-08-16 00:16:14.440] [ ERROR ] Unable to clear in-file and out-file!
[2019-08-16 00:16:19.224] [DISPLAY] Uninitializing.

Edited by VitoCorleone1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
maxjean
16 hours ago, rodriguez_pc said:

Thank you for your solution. The problem has disappeared .Rodriguez you are a champion!!! like say the song!!!

 

16 hours ago, rodriguez_pc said:

Anyone using Nvidia hardware and running driver version 436.30 needs to downgrade drivers if they experience this issue.

436.30 completely ruined the game for me, crashing every session, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 30, no way to tell what was causing them as it was completely random. It was so bad that it got me thinking that my RAM or video card were going defective. I verified the game files on Steam, tested the memory for errors - everything came out just fine, as expected.

Then I started suspecting the video driver or the latest windows 10 update ( build 18362.356) for this problem. I uninstalled the 436.30 drivers and went back to 431.86 (which is labeled studio driver but really doesnt matter) because the 431.xx branch is the last fully stable one. 436.15 would probably work too bc I don't remember GTA crashing that much with those, and maybe some people need the 436.xx features like the sharpen filter, integer scaling or ultra low-latency mode.

Anyway, with 431.86 my game is back to normal - other than due to cheaters, no more crashes.

 

Edited by maxjean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
maxjean

Hello, Thank you for your solution. The problem has disappeared.Rodriguez you are a champion !!! like say the song!!!

 

note for all the people who have this problem of cuts in GTAV.

 

you have to remove 436.30 and put the 431.86. it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
rodriguez_pc
3 hours ago, maxjean said:

Hello, Thank you for your solution. The problem has disappeared.Rodriguez you are a champion !!! like say the song!!!

 

note for all the people who have this problem of cuts in GTAV.

 

you have to remove 436.30 and put the 431.86. it works

That's nice to hear.

But I must re-iterate: you don't -have- to use 431.86, that's just the version I personally chose because it was the latest in the 431 branch, and it worked. I'm pretty sure that any release older than 436.30 will work just fine.

There's a thread and lots of posts about this issue on the geforce forums too, so there's a good chance this will be fixed very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
VitoCorleone1992

LOL. I didnt came back to this thread for a while bcz for weeks nobody spoke nothing. I thought i was one of the very few people with this problem. So...seems like that R* sooner or later need come with a patch for this no? (I heard the downgrade graphics, i think i will try that). Seems like for the problem starting now the issue came with the casino update...

If the problem is becoming way more reported, well... @Yan2295, @Fun 2 or @Mach1bud...any of you knows if R* is becoming more aware of this issue, since more people are reporting it and if some solution are being made from their part for the general public?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
maxjean

no cuts with 431.86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Rushki

I deinstalled 436.30 and I downloaded 431.86 for my Win10 64bit system, but I'm not able to install. It's Not compatible for my Win10 Version. And I can't downgrade my Win10. 😐

 

++++SOLVED++++

Ok, I think I got the wrong version for my GPU. For my 780Ti, I need 431.36, it's not a studio, it's a game ready driver.

Edited by Rushki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TeeJayJay

I tried ALL still available nvidia drivers down to 416.34, everytime with a clean uninstall via DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

The problem persists after ALL drivers, sometimes after minutes, sometimes after hours of play.

 

Rockstar "support" is keeping me busy with what i call bullsh*tting, keep the customer busy with useless "debugging hints to track down the problem".

They just don't care and i even don't think there are humans at the other end of the line.  Every human would have reacted on some of my answers.

 

Many people have the SAME problem, all of them have different hardware, different software and just one and only thing in common - the game GTA5.

Every normal-thinking programmer would have a look at his program.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TeeJayJay
On 9/14/2019 at 11:37 PM, rodriguez_pc said:

Anyone using Nvidia hardware and running driver version 436.30 needs to downgrade drivers if they experience this issue.

436.30 completely ruined the game for me, crashing every session, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 30, no way to tell what was causing them as it was completely random. It was so bad that it got me thinking that my RAM or video card were going defective. I verified the game files on Steam, tested the memory for errors - everything came out just fine, as expected.

Then I started suspecting the video driver or the latest windows 10 update ( build 18362.356) for this problem. I uninstalled the 436.30 drivers and went back to 431.86 (which is labeled studio driver but really doesnt matter) because the 431.xx branch is the last fully stable one. 436.15 would probably work too bc I don't remember GTA crashing that much with those, and maybe some people need the 436.xx features like the sharpen filter, integer scaling or ultra low-latency mode.

Anyway, with 431.86 my game is back to normal - other than due to cheaters, no more crashes.

I tried ALL still available drivers down to 416.34 - the problem persists after ALL drivers, sometimes within minutes, sometimes after hours.

In my ticket, Rockstar just keeps me busy with the common technique in all support centers: bullsh*tting.    Just let the customers do useless "tests" to "trackdown the problem".

 

The only common thing for all people who have this problem is the game itself.  Different hardware and different software for all of us.

It is impossible that we ALL have problems with our hard- or software resulting in exactly the same error!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
maxjean
Hello, Hello, everyone, I forgot to tell you thHello, everyone, I forgot to tell you that my graphics card is a rtx 2070at my graphics card is a rtx 2070everyone, I forgot to tell you that my graphics card is a rtx 2Hello, everyone, I forgot to tell you that my graphics card is a rtx 2070070Hello, everyone, I forgot to tell you that my graphics card is a rtx 2070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
VitoCorleone1992
23 hours ago, TeeJayJay said:

I tried ALL still available nvidia drivers down to 416.34, everytime with a clean uninstall via DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

The problem persists after ALL drivers, sometimes after minutes, sometimes after hours of play.

 

Rockstar "support" is keeping me busy with what i call bullsh*tting, keep the customer busy with useless "debugging hints to track down the problem".

They just don't care and i even don't think there are humans at the other end of the line.  Every human would have reacted on some of my answers.

 

Many people have the SAME problem, all of them have different hardware, different software and just one and only thing in common - the game GTA5.

Every normal-thinking programmer would have a look at his program.

 

 

Probably the problem only will be solved in the next dlc update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
DeadlyMercury

seems that R* updated their SC launcher. Did they fix the problem? :)

UPD nope, they didn't.

Edited by DeadlyMercury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Johnnyboy

Guys, file a ticket to Rockstar but be sure to tell them the following:

 

1. Tell them that putting Social Club to offline fixes the problem as mentioned by many.

2. Tell them a LOT of people are RECENTLY having the exact same problem and that the forums are full with complaints. Give them these links from the past week:

 

https://gtaforums.com/topic/934020-gta-v-crashes-with-error-code-0xc0000005-help/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/crht4i/any_one_experienced_frequent_crashes_lately/

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gta-5-online-crashing-10-20-mins-into-the-game-massive-head-scratcher.3515707/?view=date

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gta-5-keeps-exiting-unexpectedly-both-on-online-and-story-mode.3512672/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/ciszmd/crashing_on_new_update_pc/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/1642044369658785941/

https://gtaforums.com/topic/934020-gta-v-crashes-with-error-code-0xc0000005-help/

https://support.rockstargames.com/community/200063373/360033422314

https://support.rockstargames.com/community/200063373/360034542613

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/cuc53w/gta_5_online_keeps_crashing/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/cqkygz/anyone_else_crashing_constantly_the_last_2_days/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/cupqvx/is_gta_v_pc_quitting_unexpectedly_for_anyone_else/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/1638668751273357608/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/27634421188201117

https://gtaforums.com/topic/934402-crash-to-desktop-1073741819-c0000005/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878708590766/

https://support.rockstargames.com/community/200063373/360034878633

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/317079/gta5-1017370-0xc0000005-nvidia-43630/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/16285380055039

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878723442650/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/1628538005503413407/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2763442118821165805/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/1637543304837274890/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878720139769/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878724318399/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878725163487/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878720075372/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878721464948/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2692512878707874189/

 

When I told R* that the problem gets fixed by putting Social Club to offline, they actually asked me to send the links of people mentioning this. 

Edited by Johnnyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TeeJayJay
15 hours ago, DeadlyMercury said:

seems that R* updated their SC launcher. Did they fix the problem? :)

UPD nope, they didn't.

On tuesday, after the Game was updated with the new SC Launcher, i played the game for about 4 hours without crashing and i was really thinking the problem would be solved.

Today, 15 minutes gameplay, same crash, same location, same offset :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Rushki

Can somebody pls move the 2 posts from AiraCobra? These are made end of august and they are everytime the last post. 🙄These "support" posts are like a not human auto reply from Rockstar. Not without reason they have -6 votes, because these posts, didn't help for this issues!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
EvilDog77
3 hours ago, Rushki said:

Can somebody pls move the 2 posts from AiraCobra? These are made end of august and they are everytime the last post. 🙄These "support" posts are like a not human auto reply from Rockstar. Not without reason they have -6 votes, because these posts, didn't help for this issues!

 

They are always the last post because some bright spark at GTA Forums decided it was a good idea to sort all posts in a thread by score rather than order of being posted. As such, AirCobra's low-scoring post will always appear at the bottom of a thread by default. You can change this by clicking the 'Sort by date' option just below the OP's original question but it doesn't stick beyond your current visit to the site.

Edited by EvilDog77
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Thehunteroftruth

Is this solved right? no way they would have time to release an entire new launcher and not bothering fixing the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
DeadlyMercury

No, its not solved and still crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Thehunteroftruth
2 minutes ago, DeadlyMercury said:

No, its not solved and still crashing.

lmao i have really no words... how in hell?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Shimmer

I'm still  getting the crash too. I actually installed the game on a new PC and the crash occurs that one too and even my third older one as I have 3rd copy of GTA for soloing heists. So all 3 computers have this crash and that specific error. No other games have issues.

 

Rolling back to a much older Nvidia driver fixed it for several of my friends who were also getting that crash but I need the newest Nvidia drivers because it helped performance for SLI on a newer game I'm playing more. Hopefully Rockstar fixes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Wolfers1337

Okay. I'm sorry to the people that keep saying it's a windows issue.

IT. IS. NOT. End of story. it's not bad hard drive sectors, it's not currput files, it's not a windows install. It. Is. The. Game.

I have been having this issues just as it popped up for everyone else. The Casino Update, and just like some people here, I have searched and searched and searched, and the only sort of possible solution was to downgrade my GPU driver. But I'm telling you right now, I did that to the correct version(s) and it did not work. It is extremely frustrating and it's the same error every time.

Just submit tickets at this point as well as go to the Rockstar feedback page found here: https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback?step=1b00d4bb

Tell them this issue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TeeJayJay
3 hours ago, Wolfers1337 said:

Okay. I'm sorry to the people that keep saying it's a windows issue.

IT. IS. NOT. End of story. it's not bad hard drive sectors, it's not currput files, it's not a windows install. It. Is. The. Game.

I have been having this issues just as it popped up for everyone else. The Casino Update, and just like some people here, I have searched and searched and searched, and the only sort of possible solution was to downgrade my GPU driver. But I'm telling you right now, I did that to the correct version(s) and it did not work. It is extremely frustrating and it's the same error every time.

Just submit tickets at this point as well as go to the Rockstar feedback page found here: https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback?step=1b00d4bb

Tell them this issue!

Yes, i think you're right!    The new (useless) launcher doesn'f fix it either.

Rockstar keeps asking (since begin of august 2019) me useless things to do, todays suggestion is:

 

In an attempt to resolve the issue go to Device Manager, Display Adapters and disable your GPU so only the Intel card is enabled. After launching the game re-enable the GPU quickly. Please make sure that you are launching the game as Administrator. Also, remove all the USB devices except for the standard mouse and keyboard while launching the game.

 

Well, that doesn't work on my PC...to be able to activate the onboard graphics i have to physically remove (unplug) my Nvidia GTX980, power up the PC and hope to get some display on my monitor.

How the hell should i then "quickly re-enable the GPU"?  By hot-plugin the GTX980 while system is running?

The advice to unplug USB devices now comes the third time...which i told them already.

 

I think the next useless advice is to check whether the new launcher fixes the problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Zyfer
On 9/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, Rushki said:

I'm sorry for that, but for me it's the same disaster. Like everyday with GTA Online. Once the game crashes after 15-30minutes any you try the next tip. Now, the game works +30min, 60min and boom. Next tip let the game work maybe for 3hrs, before you quit the game by YOURSELF. And you think for tomorrow: "Hm, maybe the issues are gone!" On the next day, the same settings from the day before, but the game crashes 45min, and the frustation starts from the beginning.

 

It's realy random. The time, the things you do in game (even no input trigger crashes), the settings (game or OS). I have no idea what to do!

I just made this account to say this is EXACTLY, to the absolute tee the same steps i go through and the same way it crashes for me. I have one pop freeze just before the long big one that takes down the game and it is at random times, the game otherwise runs perfect, wth did they mess up lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Yannik

I noticed a bigger amount of threads saying theyre using the Gskill Trident Z ram, anyone else using it here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Schachmatt777

The new launcher is great! In particular I liked the fact that the password section simply doesn't accept all kinds of special characters so I had to type them into a txt file, then copy and paste them into the PW field and finish typing my password. I love it. Just like the support responses:

 

Me: I won't install windows update KB4515384 because it's known to be faulty, and also people reported that this will not fix the Casino Update crashing issue.

 

Support: OMG your windows is not up to date, one is missing, install all updates, test and send us your files.

 

Jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TeeJayJay

Rockstar Support:

I know this is frustrating and that would frustrate me too. In order to resolve the issue, you are facing I would suggest you that please some below workaround steps as they have worked for many other players     (WHAT ???)

  • Delete settings.xml from the social club folder from the location C://User/Documents/Rockstar and reset the graphics setting in the game.
  • Launch GTAV go to the setting and in the Graphics tab check if all the setting is high, turn off the second option i.e; Reflection MSAA, Ambient Occlusion to normal and Tessellation Off.  
  • In Advance Graphics change the Extended Distance scaling accordingly and check the game again. If the issue persists restore the graphics settings to defaults. 

As always, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

 

My answer:

Yes, it is really frustrating, but the VERY MOST frustrating thing is that Rockstar Support does NOT accept the fact that the problem is in the game.

In GTAFORUMS.COM there are at least 25 users with EXACTLY the same problem, do you really think all these users have some problem with their PC, hardware, software? No, it's the GAME !!

Besides that, i deleted the xml file, did the settings as you asked me for and guess what... same game crash after 7 minutes of gameplay.

 

As always, please get your programmers to work on the problem instead of creating another needless game launcher (which also does not solve the problem).

Edited by TeeJayJay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beegeedoubleyou

Same issue here, but fixed it for now.

There is something wrong with the latest Nvidia driver. So instead of downgrading the driver, I went for Studio driver for now. At Experience. After that no more crashes.

 

Hope it works to for you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Schachmatt777
8 hours ago, TeeJayJay said:

Rockstar Support:

I know this is frustrating and that would frustrate me too. In order to resolve the issue, you are facing I would suggest you that please some below workaround steps as they have worked for many other players     (WHAT ???)

  • Delete settings.xml from the social club folder from the location C://User/Documents/Rockstar and reset the graphics setting in the game.
  • Launch GTAV go to the setting and in the Graphics tab check if all the setting is high, turn off the second option i.e; Reflection MSAA, Ambient Occlusion to normal and Tessellation Off.  
  • In Advance Graphics change the Extended Distance scaling accordingly and check the game again. If the issue persists restore the graphics settings to defaults. 

As always, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

 

My answer:

Yes, it is really frustrating, but the VERY MOST frustrating thing is that Rockstar Support does NOT accept the fact that the problem is in the game.

In GTAFORUMS.COM there are at least 25 users with EXACTLY the same problem, do you really think all these users have some problem with their PC, hardware, software? No, it's the GAME !!

Besides that, i deleted the xml file, did the settings as you asked me for and guess what... same game crash after 7 minutes of gameplay.

 

As always, please get your programmers to work on the problem instead of creating another needless game launcher (which also does not solve the problem).

Reducing settings. Yeah, I can imagine that reducing the graphics quality would worked out in the past for some users who would insist to max out graphics while playing on a potatoe, but I did play with very high/ultra settings since 2015, and still can in offline mode, with 60 fps most off the time. Exception are a few spots in the city during dusk and dawn (advanced settings off except streaming during flights). Nope, reducing settings to default in order to 'fix' the issue is a no go.

 

However, I did link the steam mega topic (1.200+ replies since august) as a reference in my latest reply. A few posts do regard the seperated issue with the latest Nvidia Driver, which is unrelated to the Casino issue:

 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2763442118820111743/

Edited by Schachmatt777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Shimmer
5 hours ago, Schachmatt777 said:

Reducing settings. Yeah, I can imagine that reducing the graphics quality would worked out in the past for some users who would insist to max out graphics while playing on a potatoe, but I did play with very high/ultra settings since 2015, and still can in offline mode, with 60 fps most off the time. Exception are a few spots in the city during dusk and dawn (advanced settings off except streaming during flights). Nope, reducing settings to default in order to 'fix' the issue is a no go.

 

However, I did link the steam mega topic (1.200+ replies since august) as a reference in my latest reply. A few posts do regard the seperated issue with the latest Nvidia Driver, which is unrelated to the Casino issue:

 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/2763442118820111743/

people talking about this same problem here too: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gta-5-online-crashing-10-20-mins-into-the-game-massive-head-scratcher.3515707/page-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -1
rodriguez_pc
1 hour ago, TeeJayJay said:

I tried ALL still available drivers down to 416.34 - the problem persists after ALL drivers, sometimes within minutes, sometimes after hours.

In my ticket, Rockstar just keeps me busy with the common technique in all support centers: bullsh*tting.    Just let the customers do useless "tests" to "trackdown the problem".

 

The only common thing for all people who have this problem is the game itself.  Different hardware and different software for all of us.

It is impossible that we ALL have problems with our hard- or software resulting in exactly the same error!

Well, I never said this is the definitive solution, just that Nvidia users on the latest drivers need to try downgrading first, because there's a very high chance of this fixing it. After all, it did fix it for me and a lot of other people.

Here's the thread at the Nvidia forums: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/317079/gta5-1017370-0xc0000005-nvidia-43630/

Also a lot of reports regarding GTA crashes on the official feedback thread for 436.30, if you wish to browse that too.

 

Truth be told, I did notice a drop in game stability with the Casino Update, both framerate-wise and crash-wise. Before Casino basically it was never crashing for me, unless there were cheaters involved. After Casino, I did have the occasional crash, but they were extremely rare. After driver 436.30 however it became unplayable, so I had to do something. I've played plenty of hours after downgrading to 431 and so far I got 0 crashes.

Unless you got one of the RTX Super cards, my recommendation would be to stick to 430.86 as it's the highest regarded driver released in 2019 for both stability and performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -7
AiraCobra

This is not an issue with the game itself but with your computer the 0xc0000005 error is a Application Error 0xc0000005 (Access Violation) error is usually caused by your computer not being able to correctly process the files and settings required to run a particular program or installation. ... System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Windows that scans for corrupted Windows system files

 

This website tells you how to fix it - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-fix-error-0xc0000005-on-windows-10

 

This youtube video also claims to show you how to fix it it's the most recent of videos made in January 2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 7 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.