1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

what happened to 3D Universe after HD Universe?

Pixelation games

On 8/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, TheFireMZL said:

We don't know
But the only thing we guarantee is that Vic and Lance Vance are playing chess together 

vic actually died in vc... 

but ı think he did not die...

as the game logic he'll spawn at the hostipal

in the other hand as the cutscene logic he died

he apperared as a playable character so he's alive...

trying to make money to get his weapons back lmao

• 4 months later...

If they made a 3d universe game, which I hope they will, it would probably be something like San Andreas Stories. We would finally learn what happened to Brian. It would be pretty easy for rockstar and wouldn't take them too long to make it as they could just use the gta san andreas engine and the same map. The hardest thing would be the story which might be a reason SA Stories never came out. They already did a very very good job on SA story and they probably don't want to risk ruining it or they are just lazy and don't care about 3d universe anymore.

I think that it isn't impossible, like I said I'd love to see something like that in the future, rather than gta6.

BTW don't think I am a noob because I made this account just today. I had an older account but I don't remember the username or the email I used, I created this new one just to reply to this topic as I find it very interesting

I thought it was obvious to everyone by now that the 3D Universe is gone for good, but it seems some people really believe another game in that Universe is possible. CJ, Tommy, Claude, Toni and Vic are never ever coming back, it's like they never existed. That's the cold hard truth. The HD Universe is here to stay so get over it.

Edited by Damien Scott
universetwisters

It went into a coma 

In the event called apokolips 08 The Dan Houser fought the heroes of the 3DU as he wanted to start a new Universe with a new background but at the end the Evil won and the timeline was erased creating a new timeline and the old Universe is gone for good.

Ironically though this Universe was too much for Dan Houser to handle so he abandoned it and now it's Chaos.

• 2 weeks later...
Jezus Holy Christ

I like to think 2D and 3D Universes are media content inside the HD universe. That can help explain the similarities in their timelines, too, like every movie/show that's based on true events.

Claude is a prime example of this: He appears in GTA2, GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and Online, always young or in his 30s at max, always the same person. Even though we see a bit of his backstory in San Andreas, he appears in Vice City on a comic book poster, and that game was set in 6 years before SA's events. Then there's GTA2, set in an unknown future that was never explored again in the series. I think he is what people living in the HD universe aspire to be or the person they idolize growing up.

• Like 2
On 2/17/2021 at 1:23 PM, Jezus Holy Christ said:

I like to think 2D and 3D Universes are media content inside the HD universe. That can help explain the similarities in their timelines, too, like every movie/show that's based on true events.

Claude is a prime example of this: He appears in GTA2, GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and Online, always young or in his 30s at max, always the same person. Even though we see a bit of his backstory in San Andreas, he appears in Vice City on a comic book poster, and that game was set in 6 years before SA's events. Then there's GTA2, set in an unknown future that was never explored again in the series. I think he is what people living in the HD universe aspire to be or the person they idolize growing up.

Claude (GTA III & San Andreas) & Claude Speed (GTA 2) are completely different people, but a lot of people do get confused with them both being the same person because of their first name .

To reply to this thread , the 3D universe was finished with Vice City Stories back in 06-07 

The older games were the best in my opinion , a lot of nostalgia while going back to them nowadays 

Though they did rerelease the trilogy along with Liberty City Stories a few years back on mobile 

manhunt 2 was the last 3D era game released in 2007

6 hours ago, jaljax said:

Claude (GTA III & San Andreas) & Claude Speed (GTA 2) are completely different people, but a lot of people do get confused with them both being the same person because of their first name .

To reply to this thread , the 3D universe was finished with Vice City Stories back in 06-07 

The older games were the best in my opinion , a lot of nostalgia while going back to them nowadays 

Though they did rerelease the trilogy along with Liberty City Stories a few years back on mobile 

54 minutes ago, ViceKing said:

manhunt 2 was the last 3D era game released in 2007

Totally forgot to mention that one , hated that it was censored on PS2 here though, completely ruined the game for me lol

Jezus Holy Christ
12 hours ago, jaljax said:

What was Claude's objective in 2? Burn sh*t, kill people, get money and respect. In III? Burn sh*t, kill people, get your revenge.

What was Anywhere City? A retro-futuristic dystopia based on New York. Liberty City? A dark and dim crime hell based on New York.

What was GTA III originally called? GTA 3D. GTA was a lot more basic story-wise before Vice City, so I refuse to believe they had two characters with the same first name and appearance and zero personality planned out so early in the franchise.

The guy barely had a name, it was more of a working title, which is why I think Claude is more than a person, he's a concept: He's the criminal. It doesn't matter who he really is. The fact that Rockstar once said they may be different people or the same person confirms this imo.

BrainDeadRaven
On 8/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, Nintendo Thong Tuna said:

The same as what happened to any work of fiction that never got any further continuation, why is this a question?

You mean turned into endless fan fics? Sounds about right, but instead of long drawn out novels we have mods that add new content.