Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

hamx23

Grand Theft Auto IV: Renderware Edition

Recommended Posts

hamx23
Posted (edited)

BLP71Pl.png

 

Are you bored of 2001 GTA 3 atmosphere and you want it to be refreshed? Or maybe you just want a remaster as befits a 2019 year? Your dreams have just came true.

 

And here it comes, another project from HamX & Sasuu. We have learned a lot making mods to GTA 3D universe, so now we were able to start creating something different, something better and something much more interesting. This time, we are recreating GTA IV atmosphere in good old GTA 3, pushing the renderware engine to its limits by replacing almost everything in the game. Map comes from GTA 3 XBOX (it's much more detailed than PC one) and it already has almost every GTA Liberty City Stories iOS high quality textures. I decided to replace original roads with GTA 5 variant to make the game atmosphere a little "darker" like it was in GTA 4. About the cars, we are converting them from GTA 4 and GTA 5 (non-hi versions). Weapons came from GTA 5. To make graphics closer to GTA 4, we used ENB Series and SkyGFX. And we couldn't forget about hud similar to GTA 4 which was made by ThirteenAG. Hope you enjoy this, we are putting a lot of work into this and hope for good reception.

 

megVimg.png

 

4D76T1D.png

 

Omv5ki2.jpg

 

eqScrlh.jpg

 

XzLGh5B.png

 

 

ysOLrhc.png

 

HamX - idea of the project, supervision
Sasuu - help with almost everything

 

pNALvnl.png

 

GTA IV/V cars

 

Spoiler

 

This is car list that we have replaced so far:

 

 

original car - replaced for

Banshee - Banshee [IV]

Blista - Dilettante [IV]

Bus - School Bus [V Prison Bus edited]

Cabbie - Cabby [IV]

Cheetah - Cheetah Classic [V]

Corpse - rusty Voodoo [V]

Diablo Stallion - tuned Tornado [V]

Esperanto - Virgo [V]

Idaho - Faction [V]

Kuruma - Roman's Taxi [IV]

Landstalker - Cavalcade [V]

Mafia Sentinel - Sentinel with extra tuning parts [IV]

Manana - rusty Voodoo [V]

Mule - Mule [IV]
Perennial - Stainer [IV taxi edited]

Pony - Boxville [V]

Sentinel - Sentinel [IV]

Stallion - Stallion [IV]

Taxi - Taxi [IV]

Yankee - Blista Compact [V]

 

 

GTA III XBOX map

GTA LCS textures
GTA LCS/III XB particles

GTA IV/V vegetation

GTA V roads

GTA IV fonts

GTA IV radiostations

GTA IV menu & loading screens

SkyGFX config

PS2 animations (more realistic and smoother)

new timecycle

 

128ZgJD.png

 

Spoiler

 

CLEO + scripts (full list coming soon)

SilentPatch - Silent

Widescreen Fix - ThirteenAG

Classic AXIS - _AG

2dfx - ThirteenAG

Modloader - Link2012

SkyGFX - The Hero

 

 

hzTNinQ.png

 

not yet 😉

Edited by hamx23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Ward

I personally like what you've done with GTA 3 here, but this project screams "modpack" to me, which aren't appreciated around here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
13 hours ago, Keith Ward said:

I personally like what you've done with GTA 3 here, but this project screams "modpack" to me, which aren't appreciated around here...

Thanks for your opinion. And about the "modpack", I think it's something more. We are changing whole game atmosphere. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza

i see some original work, or more of an original conversions, But did you get approval of all authors of mod used here?

17 hours ago, hamx23 said:

CLEO + scripts (full list coming soon)

SilentPatch - Silent

Widescreen Fix - ThirteenAG

Classic AXIS - ThirteenAG

2dfx - ThirteenAG

Modloader - Link2012

ENB Series - Boris Vorontsov

SkyGFX - The Hero

these one to be specific

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
4 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

i see some original work, or more of an original conversions, But did you get approval of all authors of mod used here?

these one to be specific

I always thought these mod was open source and if any of these autor will mind me using his mods in this project, I will surely delete it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza

You should certainly ask mod author for permission. And SilentPatch aint even open source. And classic axis is made by AG not ThirteenAG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davve95

Looks really cool and nice idea. 

You should put the mods created by others by a recommended spoiler or something. Since you need permission to include it into your download

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
16 minutes ago, Davve95 said:

Looks really cool and nice idea. 

You should put the mods created by others by a recommended spoiler or something. Since you need permission to include it into your download

Thanks for the opinion. I put these mods as spoiler as you adviced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PiashGamer007
On 8/14/2019 at 5:30 AM, hamx23 said:

Classic AXIS - ThirteenAG

Isn't Classic Axis made by _AG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
6 hours ago, PiashGamer007 said:

Isn't Classic Axis made by _AG?

I always thought AG and ThirteenAG was the same person. Thanks, I'm gonna change the description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23

Just added cars list that we have replaced so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PiashGamer007

Hey are you going to add Statue of Liberty and Rotterdam tower from GTA IV too?

Also add Police car and Enforcer from GTA IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
3 hours ago, PiashGamer007 said:

Hey are you going to add Statue of Liberty and Rotterdam tower from GTA IV too?

Also add Police car and Enforcer from GTA IV

I am planning to add some buildings from GTA IV. And about Police car and Enforcer: Police car is already complete but it's from GTA 5 (Vapid Stainer not the original one) because I had some livery problems with GTA 4 one, and also i'm planning to add Enforcer from GTA 4.

 

SqvNt0F.png

Edited by hamx23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.

The graphics look like something out of a 2010 mod. It's a far cry from IV's colors. Please remove ENB and just stick with skygfx and edit the timecyc, because this looks bad. You could get even better results with something like the mobile color filter, edited timecyc values and the neo reflections.

 

Actually, a lot of stuff feels used for the sake of being used. What's the point of V roads? It does not contribute to the "darker atmosphere" at all, when the colors still look vibrant as hell. There is also zero reasons to use V weapons, when you could use IV ones, or Max Payne 3 ones if you want them to be in better quality.

 

About the textures, please avoid the mobile LCS ones, or just use whatever looks good, because those ones look pretty bad, too. It'd be a better idea to use stuff from IV, since "IV Render Edition".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
3 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

The graphics look like something out of a 2010 mod. It's a far cry from IV's colors. Please remove ENB and just stick with skygfx and edit the timecyc, because this looks bad. You could get even better results with something like the mobile color filter, edited timecyc values and the neo reflections.

 

Actually, a lot of stuff feels used for the sake of being used. What's the point of V roads? It does not contribute to the "darker atmosphere" at all, when the colors still look vibrant as hell. There is also zero reasons to use V weapons, when you could use IV ones, or Max Payne 3 ones if you want them to be in better quality.

 

About the textures, please avoid the mobile LCS ones, or just use whatever looks good, because those ones look pretty bad, too. It'd be a better idea to use stuff from IV, since "IV Render Edition".

Thanks you for your opinion and advices. We used ENB series to improve colors because SkyGFX wasn't enough. I will be trying to configure it better and remove ENB. And I'm also planning to change timecyc. About the weapons, this is a part of our old project and we decided to use it temporarly.

And the textures - I'm planning to port GTA 4 ones but it will be a lot of work with it, so temporarly they are from LCS (better quality). I really like the roads but I will consider changing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PiashGamer007

I think you should have used GTA IV police car. Because this is GTA IV mod after all

Edited by PiashGamer007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
1 minute ago, PiashGamer007 said:

I think you should have used GTA IV police car. Because this GTA IV mod after all

Yes it is, but like I said I had problems with it. When I solve the problem, I will convert it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23

I guess using good SkyGFX config and timecycle was a great idea.

fFAog9w.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edgrd

i like the idea of this , but why not the road textures from GTAIV's LC ? surely it would look better , no ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
On 8/18/2019 at 6:38 AM, Edgrd said:

i like the idea of this , but why not the road textures from GTAIV's LC ? surely it would look better , no ?

I will consider changing roads of course. Gonna see which variant looks better ingame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PiashGamer007

How about replacing Silent's III Aircraft mod Aircrafts with GTA IV one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
8 minutes ago, PiashGamer007 said:

How about replacing Silent's III Aircraft mod Aircrafts with GTA IV one

I was thinking about it and I think i'm gonna do this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
7 hours ago, hamx23 said:

I will consider changing roads of course. Gonna see which variant looks better ingame.

 

How can you make a mod that references IV and not even think to include IV assets for the road lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
58 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

How can you make a mod that references IV and not even think to include IV assets for the road lmao

GTA IV roads textures are really hard to edit to make them fit into GTA 3, and what's more, in my opinion, GTA 5 variant fit much more into the project atmosphere. Maybe I will change the roads when at least all the Portland textures will be replaced.

Edited by hamx23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
4 minutes ago, hamx23 said:

GTA IV roads textures are really hard to edit to make them fit into GTA 3, and what's more, in my opinion, they fit much more into the project atmosphere. Maybe I will change the roads when at least all the Portland textures will be replaced.

 

So are V road textures easier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hamx23
1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

 

So are V road textures easier?

Paradoxically, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    2 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

    • sasosak
    • hamx23
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.