3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is this game good?

Shauny7488

I must confess, this is the only GTA game ive never even touched. So as the title says, im curious, is it good?

Lemoyne outlaw

i would say its good. but it depends on what kind of gta you like. this is not your typical gta. as it has top down view. and it does not have any voice acting or true cutscenes. but it was fun for what it was. the story was decent and gameplay was nice. and it has some features that should be in the main games. like the drug dealing minigame. i do recommend it. but dont just expect it to be super huge game like gta 4 or gta 5. its good but not the best gta.

It is incredibly fun. If you can get past the top down isometric view, you'll have lots of fun with this title. I think it's the best handheld GTA 

GrudgefromSanAndreas

only thing i honestly hate about it are the extremely low-poly cars, hell even gta1 seems to have more detailed cars

I've been playing it on Vita, and it's really fun. Only thing I don't like is the camera, but I guess I'll get used to it.

• Like 1

Chinatown Wars is a gem. One of the most innovative games in the series in terms of game design and content and one of the most clever and amusing in terms of story. 

• Like 2

I had to sell my 2DS XL last year but I kept the GTACW cartridge in case I'd rebuy the console again.

Well I just did and I'm itching to play the game again. It's cool and I need my GTA IV fix :p

• Like 1

Gonna download it on payday off of the Play Store to play it on vacancy this September, looking forward to it!

zbhEXO6.png

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think they should release it on Windows platforms. From what I played of it, it seems good.

Edited by WFD1992
  • Like 1

MurdaCopsEveryday

My dad bought it for me on the app store, I played it for like 20 minutes and it sucks the graphics are bad and the characters dont even speak.. I thought i'm playing a game not reading a comic book... Pass. 😒

Just bought it on the Play Store for my Xiaomi, and man... didn't have any expectations, but this game is amazing! Great story so far and there's so much content not even new games on PS4 have

Definitely the most unique, creative and original GTA to date!

Edited by KarimNTerr
  • Like 1

zbhEXO6.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having fun with it as a first-time player; some of the minigames, random races, and side missions are really cool, like the one where Huang is asked to drive like a complete maniac so a terminally ill woman can experience some excitement before going into the hospital, or the "kill as many gang members (plus cops & vehicles) with a flamethrower as you can in the allotted time" challenge.  I wish we could lower our wanted level in other GTAs by destroying the cop cars following us like in CW!

On 9/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, Max.pain said:

the game should have been a bit darker like gta 4

CTW is a very different game in comparison, conveying totally different things.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This game is more fun to play for me than GTA V...

Edited by Ondr4H
  • Like 3

ThatBenGuy1998

I would say yes. Not as good as IV/EFLC, VC, III, LCS, or VCS, but more so than SA, V, and ESPECIALLY everything else!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatKyloRenGuy said:

I would say yes. Not as good as IV/EFLC, VC, III, LCS, or VCS, but more so than SA, V, and ESPECIALLY everything else!

While I feel it's a bit unfair to compare it to the 3D games and especially the HD games because those are granted so many features because of their environments and how they're made, I'd say it is actually better than LCS and VCS. It feels completely standalone, introduces new features that actually make the game a helluva lot more enjoyable, and the kind of comic book art style it is going for makes it one of the more unique entries in the series.

• 5 weeks later...

Idk if there's a topic for this but I will ask here my question anyways, has anybody downloaded android version of CW? Is it worth? I know that a game like this in a smartphone will have its limitations but I would like to know if the gameplay is decent and the game is enjoyable. Since I've never played CW before I would appreciate any review, even if it's on android version or console.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 7:59 PM, dent0nz said:

I have Chinatown Wars on my mobile phone, I'll explain you everything.

Gameplay in general is decent, very simple and very intuitive to learn. However, I found the driving in this game very annoying; faster is the car, and less decent handling it haves. The lack of a physical feeling and the bad car handling in this game makes it very hard to master. Be ready to fail some race/chase based missions because of this.

If you have a small or medium sized screen, some touch minigames (such as, for example: inserting the codes to start the car) will be very annoying to do.

I'm a big fan of Chinatown Wars, I first played it on the Nintendo DS. Maybe I'm too used playing that version instead of the mobile one, so my opinion can be different. If you have a DS, I'd recommend you to play that version instead of the Android/iOS ones.

I haven't got a PSP yet, but if you happen to have one, you might give it a shot to the PSP version, since I think it's the most superior version of all CTWs ones out there; it has extra missions, good controls and a whole different graphics settings in comparsion of the other ones.

Ty for your opinion, I actually have a ols nintendo ds, but I think it won't be easy to find a cw game. I will try to get one, if I can't I will probably end up buying android version.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this game is pretty good. Enjoying playing it. Have some fun touch screen minigames. Which are very unique. For those who haven't played yet. Give it a try.

please stop me
On 11/17/2019 at 6:59 PM, dent0nz said:

I have Chinatown Wars on my mobile phone, I'll explain you everything.

Gameplay in general is decent, very simple and very intuitive to learn. However, I found the driving in this game very annoying; faster is the car, and less decent handling it haves. The lack of a physical feeling and the bad car handling in this game makes it very hard to master. Be ready to fail some race/chase based missions because of this.

If you have a small or medium sized screen, some touch minigames (such as, for example: inserting the codes to start the car) will be very annoying to do.

I'm a big fan of Chinatown Wars, I first played it on the Nintendo DS. Maybe I'm too used playing that version instead of the mobile one, so my opinion can be different. If you have a DS, I'd recommend you to play that version instead of the Android/iOS ones.

I haven't got a PSP yet, but if you happen to have one, you might give it a shot to the PSP version, since I think it's the most superior version of all CTWs ones out there; it has extra missions, good controls and a whole different graphics settings in comparsion of the other ones.

is the psp and vita version the same? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
boomboom5950
On 8/8/2019 at 5:15 AM, Shauny7488 said:

I must confess, this is the only GTA game ive never even touched. So as the title says, im curious, is it good?

i remember playing this on my tablet when i was younger and i had to go to my brothers baseball games, very good game, i recommend. 

• 4 weeks later...
toonlinkistaken
On 9/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, Max.pain said:

the game should have been a bit darker like gta 4

yesn't