Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Beatrice

Won the car 2 days ago, and won a different one today - while not having a garage yet. Did I mess up big time?

Recommended Posts

SummerFreeze
1 hour ago, Gridl0k said:

Also you can request a Special Vehicle even if your PV is right next to you, iirc.

Aircraft, yes. Special vehicle, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Thanks for your words folks.

 

I bought the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, got the 10-car free garage from there just to check the 'stuck in the limbo' theory, but it wasn't present there. Neither the mechanic phone call nor the Mors Insurance phone call could find it, too.

I've dropped a ticket, it's 'estimated 96 hours', so will have to wait.

 

Lesson learnt, hopefully R* would have heart to at least revert the decision to overwrite the car by removing my new one and giving back the Thrax, I don't even dream about keeping both.

Could you please just stop making mistakes for 5 seconds so we can help you? That pack is worthless, and there are several threads to tell you why, or you could have just asked if it was a good idea. Even a Shark card would have been better. Next you'll tell us you paid full retail price for the standalone game instead of getting a digital bundle bargain lol.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
20 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

Could you please just stop making mistakes for 5 seconds so we can help you? That pack is worthless, and there are several threads to tell you why, or you could have just asked if it was a good idea. Even a Shark card would have been better. Next you'll tell us you paid full retail price for the standalone game instead of getting a digital bundle bargain lol.

The Starter Pack is not worthless -- it's all relative to how much someone pays for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
4 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

The Starter Pack is not worthless -- it's all relative to how much someone pays for it.

It gives you the worst businesses and properties, uncompetitive cars, and an unarmed helicopter. You have to replace almost everything in the pack to start making decent money, and none of the items have a trade-in value. That's pretty worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
1 minute ago, whywontyoulisten said:

It gives you the worst businesses and properties, uncompetitive cars, and an unarmed helicopter. You have to replace almost everything in the pack to start making decent money, and none of the items have a trade-in value. That's pretty worthless.

The CESP gives you $1M, an office (location doesn't matter since the introduction of the Terrorbyte), and the best cash business (which you'll want for the NC at least). So that's $2.8M "worth" in just those three items. As I said, it now depends on how much you paid for it -- or how much real money matters to you. But it's not worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

It gives you the worst businesses and properties, uncompetitive cars, and an unarmed helicopter. You have to replace almost everything in the pack to start making decent money, and none of the items have a trade-in value. That's pretty worthless.

 

It was possible to get it at one point for fifteen pounds. Thats not worthless, it might be to someone thats been playing the game for years but for someone who still has alot of time to spend learning stuff and getting burnt out on stuff its an excellent jump start.

Edited by RyuNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice
45 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

Could you please just stop making mistakes for 5 seconds so we can help you? That pack is worthless, and there are several threads to tell you why, or you could have just asked if it was a good idea. Even a Shark card would have been better. Next you'll tell us you paid full retail price for the standalone game instead of getting a digital bundle bargain lol.

It's on a discount in my region right now, costing a bit below 8$! I read up on the fact that it's not worthwhile for its money, especially because you can't sell anything (making the sales pitch about '10m$ worth' a bit dishonest), but quite a lot of people seem to suggest that for a completely new player who has nothing, this thing is relatively useful. And most of all, I wanted a garage ASAP to check the theory.

 

4 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

I like someone who collects all 54 cards before they buy any garages. They're alright.

 

But yeah, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted :)

Yeah, my OCD-driven priorities have always been like that in pretty much any games. 

 

4 hours ago, LennyGhoul said:

I understand that. But how do you not have a garage? You can buy one after like 2 missions and maybe a few liquor store hold ups or even just sell a few street cars(1 every 48 minutes)? Plus isn't the free car still in game? I think there is a free car (Elergy RH8) if you go to the legendary motorsports website on your phone. It's a very decent car too. Just make sure to buy a garage FIRST this time. The cheapest garage is 25k. Anyway, once you get that it's a two car garage so you can store your prize car and then park your free car too till you make a little money to buy a bigger one.  

 

You should not have any problem getting money pretty fast, once you kind of figure out what to do. There are many easy starter guides online, but really you don't even need those.

Just by the cheapest garage you can (25k), and then grind out some missions, and steal and sell expensive street cars to Los Santos Customs every 48 minutes (9k each for "Ballers" and there are rare spawn cars with mods on them like gang cars that sell for even more).
Sell cars to Simeon when he emails you too.
Once you get 50k do VIP work (sightseer) for easy money. 25k per mission, no ammo required. 
125k can get you a cheap apartment with a 6 car garage and that's a pretty good place to really get started.
Then save up for a bigger apartment with a 10 car garage, and work on getting an Armored Karuma.

With that you'll be able to grind out a ton of missions super easy, and do other VIP work like headhunter.

Eventually you can buy a business and grind that out.

Google is your friend.

To someone who has been playing this game progressively, it might feel like those things are easily available for immediate research; however, jumping straight into it in 2019, when you immediately get swarmed with tons of various texts and emails about things you don't have any idea about, you feel so overwhelmed that the only choice is to 'take it slowly, one step at a time'; I did actually try to research things. I won the first car (Thrax) because I was driving close to the Casino, but I actually was busy trying to find one of the cars that are listed as 'good' options to use the free Tracker on. So, I was literally on my mission to get my first 'personal' car, and that was the step in the game progression I was at at the point I won the car. It's also worth noting that I didn't play the story mode, either - the only GTA games that I played fully before now, are GTA and GTA2, many years ago.

So I win that car, I am totally delighted about having such a cool thing, and obviously I spend most of my time riding around and enjoying it. At some point during that, I also did the vanderlinde treasure hunt and found the 54 cards - all while not progressing any further with story missions (and, as a result, not getting the corresponding tutorials that the game throws at you during those missions and calls/messages). And the next thing that happens is that I win that 2nd car, still pretty much being at the same point in the game progression, and then I end up in this situation.

 

6 hours ago, Shiloh Comes said:

 

I feel so bad for you, we have all made very silly mistakes while learning the ways of GTAO. I'm level 1315 and have over 100 million dollars, if there was a way I could buy you a Thrax I would.

 

If it makes you feel any better, recently I got a Bati 801RR impounded, first vehicle I got impounded in months so I had forgotten how it went. Like an idiot, I called my Deluxo to go and fetch it and then remembered that would destroy the impounded vehicle. So out of practice was I, that I forgot I could just call Mors Mutual and pay for a replacement, so I bought a new one and modded it at a cost of about 200k before I remembered.

 

You are the forum equivalent of the female NPC who says "oh dear" and makes me wish I had not done what I just did. You took the replies and banter and criticism very well and I'm sure you have made some friends here today. Good luck in your endeavours in Los Santos. Whenever you need help, this is the place to come.

Thanks for your words, and also thanks for making me read up on what impounding implies - so I don't make any mistakes with that, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

It's on a discount in my region right now, costing a bit below 8$!

Yeah, for $8 you definitely did not make a mistake buying the starter pack as a new player.

 

Just don't upgrade your Paleto Bay bunker now. 😂 (Move before upgrading.)

Edited by SummerFreeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
11 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

Yeah, for $8 you definitely did not make a mistake buying the starter pack as a new player.

 

Just don't upgrade your Paleto Bay bunker now. 😂 (Move before upgrading.)

Chumash Bunker for the best budget move!

30 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

It was possible to get it at one point for fifteen pounds. Thats not worthless, it might be to someone thats been playing the game for years but for someone who still has alot of time to spend learning stuff and getting burnt out on stuff its an excellent jump start.

I wouldn't want it if you paid me £15. It's a jump start, sure...off a cliff. A Shark Card lets you buy the properties/vehicles you choose, and if you don't like them, you can trade them and receive ~half their value towards your new purchase. Starter Pack gives you none of this flexibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
5 hours ago, Beatrice said:

To someone who has been playing this game progressively, it might feel like those things are easily available for immediate research; however, jumping straight into it in 2019, when you immediately get swarmed with tons of various texts and emails about things you don't have any idea about, you feel so overwhelmed that the only choice is to 'take it slowly, one step at a time'; I did actually try to research things

That's understandable but when I started playing it was the same. I basically started in 2018. The only thing I saw introduced that you didn't was the night club and arena wars. The game had been around for years before i started and most things and businesses were already in place, but there were also way more rampant hacks and crap to dodge as well. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123
On 8/1/2019 at 5:05 PM, NULL AND VOID said:

Please excuse the British fellow.

No need to put us all in the same bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mysteriousamg

Most likely in storage. Gotta call mechanic to check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D9fred95
On 8/2/2019 at 11:54 AM, Beatrice said:

It's also worth noting that I didn't play the story mode, either - the only GTA games that I played fully before now, are GTA and GTA2, many years ago.

 

Hosted at GIFSFORUM.com Fozzie Bear Kermit the Frog mammal vertebrate toy

 

I don't know why but people just joining the franchise just for Online is just... ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice
6 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

Hosted at GIFSFORUM.com Fozzie Bear Kermit the Frog mammal vertebrate toy

 

I don't know why but people just joining the franchise just for Online is just... ugh.

Would you say the same about people who 'joined the franchise' with V in the first place? Because arguably GTA1-4 is a much larger part of the franchise than 5 alone is. Playing the story for a bit, I wasn't interested in the slightest, and the first impression (which doesn't necessarily prove anything, but is more than enough for me to decide whether I'm going to bother with the game) was that this installment is far from being the most iconic in the franchise.

 

Online, on the other hand, has casino, and it sounds fun. More fun at least than the 5$ limit poker in RDO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mmcd

I saw the PC DL w CESP for 10.99 last year. IIRC, I paid 2 bucks for it, 21.99 instead of 19.99 a while back. It didnt help me much though my PC main is near 1600. Ps4 was 1200. My total real rank is over 2200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D9fred95
13 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Would you say the same about people who 'joined the franchise' with V in the first place? Because arguably GTA1-4 is a much larger part of the franchise than 5 alone is. Playing the story for a bit, I wasn't interested in the slightest, and the first impression (which doesn't necessarily prove anything, but is more than enough for me to decide whether I'm going to bother with the game) was that this installment is far from being the most iconic in the franchise.

 

Online, on the other hand, has casino, and it sounds fun. More fun at least than the 5$ limit poker in RDO.

It's just that so many people have "joined" the franchise just for Online in the past few years. I use quotes for joined since they appear to have no interest whatsoever in any of the previous games nor story mode of V yet claim to be "huge GTA fans" when all they do is fight in freemode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stagolee
On 8/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, whywontyoulisten said:

p.s. Who doesn't buy a garage before doing anything else? They cost pennies ffs.

Me, my second character only owns a Speedo and uses work-arounds to get it delivered to her 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ampm
Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 2:42 AM, Beatrice said:

Thanks for your words folks.

 

I bought the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, got the 10-car free garage from there just to check the 'stuck in the limbo' theory, but it wasn't present there. Neither the mechanic phone call nor the Mors Insurance phone call could find it, too.

I've dropped a ticket, it's 'estimated 96 hours', so will have to wait.

 

Lesson learnt, hopefully R* would have heart to at least revert the decision to overwrite the car by removing my new one and giving back the Thrax, I don't even dream about keeping both.

 

Rockstar has reimbursed people for "lost" vehicles before... you will have to send them a screenshot of your garage and bank funds for verification that it is not there.

Edited by Ampm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice

UPDATE: WE DID IT REDDIT GTAFORUMS!

 

1NpPIQi.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
On 8/5/2019 at 6:06 AM, D9fred95 said:

I don't know why but people just joining the franchise just for Online is just... ugh.

Beatrice played GTA 1 and 2 so that's more OG than people joining the franchise for, say, San Andreas. 😄

 

9 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

UPDATE: WE DID IT REDDIT GTAFORUMS!

My experience with Rockstar Support is very positive so good to hear they came through for you, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice

Now, the big question is whether I use those 2,325k$ to get the car back (I think it will lack the original podium colors though, IIRC I am too low level to unlock them 'naturally'), or keep them for something useful. The only thing not present in CESP is facilities; and apparently the cheapest one is also the crappiest one, while good ones like R68 and Wind Farm (that's just what I learned from researching, this might be wrong) are rather expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
28 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Now, the big question is whether I use those 2,325k$ to get the car back (I think it will lack the original podium colors though, IIRC I am too low level to unlock them 'naturally'), or keep them for something useful. The only thing not present in CESP is facilities; and apparently the cheapest one is also the crappiest one, while good ones like R68 and Wind Farm (that's just what I learned from researching, this might be wrong) are rather expensive. 

Well, you should spend the money on the car because that's what Rockstar gave you the money for.

 

But as a low level you also shouldn't spend your money on supercars. 😂

 

The Wind Farm facility is the most cost effective for actually playing the Doomsday heist. A lot of people own the Paleto Bay one though because they do the Bogdan glitch.

 

If you want to earn money legitimately, then a vehicle warehouse might be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
45 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Now, the big question is whether I use those 2,325k$ to get the car back (I think it will lack the original podium colors though, IIRC I am too low level to unlock them 'naturally'), or keep them for something useful. The only thing not present in CESP is facilities; and apparently the cheapest one is also the crappiest one, while good ones like R68 and Wind Farm (that's just what I learned from researching, this might be wrong) are rather expensive. 

Change your Paleto bunker to Farmhouse or Chumash, upgrade equipment and staff, set everyone to manufacturing, buy supplies, and sell when one batch runs out for a guaranteed single vehicle sale (OR change sessions when it gives you anything other than 2x Phantoms/3x non-Merryweather insurgents). You'll have made up the money to buy the Thrax again in no time, and then it'll keep growing...which will allow you to purchase utterly useless sh*t like the Facility. Don't waste your windfall on things that won't make you money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana
13 hours ago, Beatrice said:

UPDATE: WE DID IT REDDIT GTAFORUMS!

Happy for you that you got it fixed but im even more pissed at R* support now, i lost my Armored Paragon R because of some stupid bug, got 2.35mil a few days ago with 0 explanation (not in the tickets i made either) so now im thinking they reimbursed me for a missing Thrax while i dont have a missing Thrax but a missing Armored Paragon R.....

Seriously this DLC is the biggest mess since quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
5 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

[...] utterly useless sh*t like the Facility. Don't waste your windfall on things that won't make you money.

Even if you don't run the Bogdan glitch, the facility can easily make you its purchase price back in heist payouts and vehicle discounts.

 

But I wouldn't play the Doomsday Heist with randoms, which can be quite frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
4 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

Even if you don't run the Bogdan glitch, the facility can easily make you its purchase price back in heist payouts and vehicle discounts.

 

But I wouldn't play the Doomsday Heist with randoms, which can be quite frustrating.

Doomsday is not a road a low level should be going down with limited weapons, health, ammo etc. against hordes of aimbot enemies. It's also bloody hard work for a lot less pay than you should get, and a one-off payment. It's not sustainable, unlike the bunker, which will keep on producing long after the initial expenditure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
9 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

Doomsday is not a road a low level should be going down with limited weapons, health, ammo etc. against hordes of aimbot enemies. It's also bloody hard work for a lot less pay than you should get, and a one-off payment. It's not sustainable, unlike the bunker, which will keep on producing long after the initial expenditure.

I wouldn't call a major gameplay element and storyline in GTAO worthless though. And again, while I don't condone it, the Bogdan glitch exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten

I'm not talking about story elements though, I'm talking about the easiest way to continually make money in game without making much effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana
12 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

I wouldn't call a major gameplay element and storyline in GTAO worthless though. And again, while I don't condone it, the Bogdan glitch exists.

 

4 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

I'm not talking about story elements though, I'm talking about the easiest way to continually make money in game without making much effort.


The 'problem' is that Doomsday is clearly meant as more 'end game' PVE then your average missions or the older heists, while the difficulty is all over the place its pretty easy to see they meant for all the missions to be equally hard, and be honest, even if you're high level (read: tanky high health with all weapons etc) you will still have a fairly hard time with the Doomsday Heist on hard or whatever difficulty you usually pick. R* should've just locked the facility behind a level 120 door, i play a lot of these trough quick job and like 7 out of 10 times i join a bunch of level 20's to 50's that i have to carry trough (still causing on average like 15 restarts)

I hoped R* would maybe finally increase the minimum level for the Casino missions, but again they just let bscly anybody play those, even though the NPC's are clearly much stronger then your average NPC, and will still take me (lvl ~750) down in 3 hits, a low level scrub (sub 100) can go down in a single hit, clearly low levels shouldn't be playing these 'end game' missions.

Bogdan (or any of the doomsday finale) repeats is not really a easy way to make money for most low levels, as most of them wont even get past the setups without somebody high health & full arsenal carrying them trough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
10 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

I'm not talking about story elements though, I'm talking about the easiest way to continually make money in game without making much effort.

Which is the Bogdan glitch.

 

I didn't use it to make money but why act like it doesn't exist?

 

I'd get an argument from a playing legit perspective, but then playing legit would also involve spending the money you received from Rockstar Support to buy a car you lost to actually purchase that car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.