Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Beatrice

Won the car 2 days ago, and won a different one today - while not having a garage yet. Did I mess up big time?

Recommended Posts

Beatrice

Hello there,

 

I started playing just recently, won the supercar 2 days ago and was very happy with it. But I didn't get a garage yet. I asked around, and learned that if I got the Vehicle on the wheel again, I'd get 20k RP. However, I just rolled the Vehicle today, and... Got a different car. This one is sports car, and it feels a lot worse than the previous one. But the worst thing is, apparently my first car is lost. Like, completely lost. Is that right, or do I have some way of reverting what just happened? Could contacting support provide any results, or are R* known for not helping in such situations?..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten

New week, new prize vehicle. The bright red car on the podium should have been a clue.

 

Someone in another thread deliberately tried to do this to see what would happen. It gives you a very obvious black screen prompt telling you that your existing personal vehicle will be replaced. If you accepted the prompt, then you lost the first car, and it's your own fault, so no, you can't get it back.

 

In that thread I said I doubted R* had planned for this situation as no one would be stupid enough to try and win a car when they had nowhere to store it. Guess I was wrong.

 

p.s. Who doesn't buy a garage before doing anything else? They cost pennies ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice
Just now, whywontyoulisten said:

New week, new prize vehicle. The bright red car on the podium should have been a clue.

 

Someone in another thread deliberately tried to do this to see what would happen. It gives you a very obvious black screen prompt telling you that your existing personal vehicle will be replaced. If you accepted the prompt, then you lost the first car, and it's your own fault, so no, you can't get it back.

 

In that thread I said I doubted R* had planned for this situation as no one would be stupid enough to try and win a car when they had nowhere to store it. Guess I was wrong.

 

p.s. Who doesn't buy a garage before doing anything else? They cost pennies ffs.

I literally started my character 3 days ago and I don't understand that much of how the game works. I only did the first Lamar's and Gerald's missions. Before I went to collect the 54 cards, I was level 6, the cards bumped me to ~20+ something. When I saw the 'replace' prompt, I didn't realize that it would replace it forever at first, I thought it meant replacing it as my current, active vehicle. Only after going to customs I realized that apparently there's no way to get that first one back.

 

You shouldn't really call people 'stupid' when not everyone is experienced in the game and has played it for a long time to know how the game systems work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StangOne50
2 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

I literally started my character 3 days ago and I don't understand that much of how the game works. I only did the first Lamar's and Gerald's missions. Before I went to collect the 54 cards, I was level 6, the cards bumped me to ~20+ something. When I saw the 'replace' prompt, I didn't realize that it would replace it forever at first, I thought it meant replacing it as my current, active vehicle. Only after going to customs I realized that apparently there's no way to get that first one back.

 

You shouldn't really call people 'stupid' when not everyone is experienced in the game and has played it for a long time to know how the game systems work.

Dont mind him, hes always very cranky lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NULL AND VOID

It's hard to tell. Please excuse the British fellow..you know they know too much to actually be helpful..

 

The game beats you upside the head with some tutorials and then neglects to tell you about many many things. You being in the dark is common. My best advice for now is just explore the interaction menu and your cell phone contacts. It may turn up. I destroyed several vehicles when I first started too. Find a 2 car garage asap.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
Posted (edited)

Sorry, I'm too busy going "arrrgghhh" into my hands at the thought of replacing a Thrax with a Turismo Classic. We all make dumb mistakes early on, but R* have really found a way to make it hurt. I did the same thing with my first two-car garage, but in that case I replaced an unmodified Oracle with a Ruiner.

 

5 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

Dont mind him, hes always very cranky lol

Sad but true.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice

Thanks guys, I guess I might try my luck with R*, but shouldn't expect anything.

 

It sucks that such a thing must happen on a birthday for a major disappointment and letdown. And damn, I really loved that car, even with my poor riding skills it felt so much better than most sport cars...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
Just now, Beatrice said:

It sucks that such a thing must happen on a birthday for a major disappointment and letdown. And damn, I really loved that car, even with my poor riding skills it felt so much better than most sport cars...

OH GOD, DON'T MAKE ME FEEL GUILT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainMarvel
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

OH GOD, DON'T MAKE ME FEEL GUILT!!!

 

No, embrace the guilt. EMBRACE IT!!!

 

 

@Beatrice Are you on PS4?

Edited by CaptainMarvel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
50 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Thanks guys, I guess I might try my luck with R*, but shouldn't expect anything.

Y'know maybe it would be worth trying Rockstar support, explaining as you did here that you're a new player and it did tell you that you'd get RP if you'd already won the car. You might get through to someone less heartless than me. If not...well, it's GTA$2,325,000, and you now have something to aim for. Did you get the game by itself, or the deluxe edition with the Criminal Enterprise pack, or maybe a Shark Card? There are a million ways to make decent money in this game, but you need to learn a lot before investing in businesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud

Honestly they did you a favor and now you have a way cooler car lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze

Yes, you should have bought a 25k garage to store a 2.3M car.

 

That's a rookie mistake for the ages though.

 

On the plus side, the Grotti Turismo Classic is the best car in the Sports Classics class, whereas the Thrax might not even be Top 5 in its class once all cars from this DLC have been added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigBrother67

Firstly buy a 6 car garage FFS!  iirc, back in the old days if you for whatever reason downsized from a 10 car garage to a 6 car garage and the 10 car garage was full the other cars would be cloud saved, your Thax should be in the clouds some where. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainMarvel
23 minutes ago, BigBrother67 said:

Firstly buy a 6 car garage FFS!  iirc, back in the old days if you for whatever reason downsized from a 10 car garage to a 6 car garage and the 10 car garage was full the other cars would be cloud saved, your Thax should be in the clouds some where. 

 

I’m not trying to mock the OP’s misery but that damn “In the clouds” in-game radio commercial is replaying in my mind non-stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigBrother67
1 minute ago, CaptainMarvel said:

 

I’m not trying to mock the OP’s misery but that damn “In the clouds” in-game radio commercial is replaying in my mind non-stop.

😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)

Come to think... you could try to contact Rockstar support.

 

I've heard they help people who accidentally overwrite their cars (e.g, by storing a new one from the street) and reimburse the cost.

Edited by SummerFreeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aznknight

"Let me try winning the jackpot without anywhere to put it if I do win it!"

 

Just givin you a hard time lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PapichuloFT

Just won a car this morning and it's the Grotti Turismo Classic.  A nice car, but if you try to sell it, you only get 2500 back if you do.  It's a 700+ K car not a pos from the street.  Seems that Rockstar teamed with Pawn Stars of car buybacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slowburn29

I'd sooner push an f40 than whatever that Bugatti is but to each their own. You could make the money to buy a new thrax on the horsies in just a few hours assuming nothing changed from last night 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana
1 minute ago, slowburn29 said:

I'd sooner push an f40 than whatever that Bugatti is but to each their own. You could make the money to buy a new thrax on the horsies in just a few hours assuming nothing changed from last night 😁

Things did change a little it seems
 

1 hour ago, PapichuloFT said:

Just won a car this morning and it's the Grotti Turismo Classic.  A nice car, but if you try to sell it, you only get 2500 back if you do.  It's a 700+ K car not a pos from the street.  Seems that Rockstar teamed with Pawn Stars of car buybacks.

The Thrax is worth $0 when you win it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GreenArrow

My best guess would buy a garage and maybe you see the "replaced" car. Or maybe call Mors Mutual (once you've bought a garage) and see if it's been destroyed. If not, contact Rockstar. They'll see that you've had the car.

 

Hope that helps! 

 

^RG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PapichuloFT
2 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

The Thrax is worth $0 when you win it.

That's even worse.  I kept mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze

Everything you get for free is worth $0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatrice

Thanks for your words folks.

 

I bought the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, got the 10-car free garage from there just to check the 'stuck in the limbo' theory, but it wasn't present there. Neither the mechanic phone call nor the Mors Insurance phone call could find it, too.

I've dropped a ticket, it's 'estimated 96 hours', so will have to wait.

 

Lesson learnt, hopefully R* would have heart to at least revert the decision to overwrite the car by removing my new one and giving back the Thrax, I don't even dream about keeping both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shiloh Comes
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Thanks for your words folks.

 

I bought the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, got the 10-car free garage from there just to check the 'stuck in the limbo' theory, but it wasn't present there. Neither the mechanic phone call nor the Mors Insurance phone call could find it, too.

I've dropped a ticket, it's 'estimated 96 hours', so will have to wait.

 

Lesson learnt, hopefully R* would have heart to at least revert the decision to overwrite the car by removing my new one and giving back the Thrax, I don't even dream about keeping both.

 

I feel so bad for you, we have all made very silly mistakes while learning the ways of GTAO. I'm level 1315 and have over 100 million dollars, if there was a way I could buy you a Thrax I would.

 

If it makes you feel any better, recently I got a Bati 801RR impounded, first vehicle I got impounded in months so I had forgotten how it went. Like an idiot, I called my Deluxo to go and fetch it and then remembered that would destroy the impounded vehicle. So out of practice was I, that I forgot I could just call Mors Mutual and pay for a replacement, so I bought a new one and modded it at a cost of about 200k before I remembered.

 

You are the forum equivalent of the female NPC who says "oh dear" and makes me wish I had not done what I just did. You took the replies and banter and criticism very well and I'm sure you have made some friends here today. Good luck in your endeavours in Los Santos. Whenever you need help, this is the place to come.

Edited by Shiloh Comes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
18 hours ago, Beatrice said:

I literally started my character 3 days ago and I don't understand that much of how the game works. I only did the first Lamar's and Gerald's missions. Before I went to collect the 54 cards, I was level 6, the cards bumped me to ~20+ something. When I saw the 'replace' prompt, I didn't realize that it would replace it forever at first, I thought it meant replacing it as my current, active vehicle. Only after going to customs I realized that apparently there's no way to get that first one back.

 

You shouldn't really call people 'stupid' when not everyone is experienced in the game and has played it for a long time to know how the game systems work.

I understand that. But how do you not have a garage? You can buy one after like 2 missions and maybe a few liquor store hold ups or even just sell a few street cars(1 every 48 minutes)? Plus isn't the free car still in game? I think there is a free car (Elergy RH8) if you go to the legendary motorsports website on your phone. It's a very decent car too. Just make sure to buy a garage FIRST this time. The cheapest garage is 25k. Anyway, once you get that it's a two car garage so you can store your prize car and then park your free car too till you make a little money to buy a bigger one.  

 

You should not have any problem getting money pretty fast, once you kind of figure out what to do. There are many easy starter guides online, but really you don't even need those.

Just by the cheapest garage you can (25k), and then grind out some missions, and steal and sell expensive street cars to Los Santos Customs every 48 minutes (9k each for "Ballers" and there are rare spawn cars with mods on them like gang cars that sell for even more).
Sell cars to Simeon when he emails you too.
Once you get 50k do VIP work (sightseer) for easy money. 25k per mission, no ammo required. 
125k can get you a cheap apartment with a 6 car garage and that's a pretty good place to really get started.
Then save up for a bigger apartment with a 10 car garage, and work on getting an Armored Karuma.

With that you'll be able to grind out a ton of missions super easy, and do other VIP work like headhunter.

Eventually you can buy a business and grind that out.

Google is your friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

I like someone who collects all 54 cards before they buy any garages. They're alright.

 

But yeah, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul

Speaking of garages I just wish Rockstar would keep my cars in them. My biggest pet peeve is logging in an seeing one of my cars on the street. I know it's a dumb game mechanics thing, but why am I paying huge amounts of money for garages when one of my cars is always on the street?😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LennyGhoul said:

Speaking of garages I just wish Rockstar would keep my cars in them. My biggest pet peeve is logging in an seeing one of my cars on the street. I know it's a dumb game mechanics thing, but why am I paying huge amounts of money for garages when one of my cars is always on the street?😲

Just make sure you always request an aircraft before you quit your session. 😉

Edited by SummerFreeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

Also you can request a Special Vehicle even if your PV is right next to you, iirc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.