Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

metoxys

Testing different Inside Track (horse racing) betting strategies

Recommended Posts

Mdc
1 hour ago, CloudFuel said:

I don't understand why R* is concerned about whether or not we "re-roll" for specific odds. In real life, I can choose which race I want to bet on, so it's not like there isn't precedence for this sort of thing.

I would just expect R* to be far more concerned with the glitch (betting $200 vs $10,000) and resolving that.

Yeah, but while that is going on...... Maybe they laugh at the rerollerz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
1 hour ago, Fun 2 said:

Maybe if you understand game development, you won't be saying this.

Bugs happen all the time but we don't know how many there were before the update went live, we don't know how many bugs their beta testers faced just for you to call us the players "beta testers".

Also, R* was planning to release the update late June, but it was pushed back all the way up to late July and the community gets disappointed every time they find out the update is a week or two away.

I understand game development but thanks for talking down to me anyway.

I'd rather have a disappointed community because of a release date (that they didn't even announce, but you basically did for them, probably adding more pressure on them to hurry) and a late but working game, than a rushed game that sort works that needs to be fixed and tweaked and then smaller non essential bugs get swept aside and never get addressed. I understand it's more complicated than that but it's the basic principle. It's just lame that companies always half ass internal testing and rely on the players to find the stuff to fix later on. It's pretty much become SOP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aznknight

So I did a couple awesome tests to see what the probabilities are now for this game mode.

 

I picked all other horses but #1 for 20 runs. Lo' and behold #1 won almost 60% of the time.

 

I backed out then restarted the game .

Picked #1 for 20 runs. No backing out.

You guessed it. #1 only won once.

 

The game has now moved from having real odds to winning and into picking direcrly opposite your choice with a probability of you winning 15-20% of your choices.

 

Thank goodness I made bank a week ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282

i found that specific horses always win against specific others.

like mad dust(?) always wins against sunshine and a few others.

while under specific situations the dentist one wins.

it would be best if someone would make a list of which horse wins against who.

and i made yesterday arund 4 million in the inside track.

i now have around 2 million more than before the update, adn still after i bought my thruster and khanjali with the twitch prime discount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
Posted (edited)

They patched the glitch for holding down to get max bet, by the way. No longer possible today. 

EDIT: could be some PC nonsense going on, will have to confirm later on. 

 

EDIT 2: It still works. 

Edited by Gaffa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lubas
3 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

They patched the glitch for holding down to get max bet, by the way. No longer possible today. 

I thought it's still possible, saw it a few hours ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lubas said:

I thought it's still possible, saw it a few hours ago

Well try now in a fresh lobby? 

 

EDIT - had mixed reports now. It still seems to work on console but not on PC? I'll have to try again later myself too. 

 

EDIT 2 - okay it still works it seems. 

Edited by Gaffa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Well try now in a fresh lobby? 

 

EDIT - had mixed reports now. It still seems to work on console but not on PC? I'll have to try again later myself too. 

it still worked for me 6h ago

i´m on PC

Edited by rollschuh2282

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aznknight
1 hour ago, rollschuh2282 said:

i found that specific horses always win against specific others.

like mad dust(?) always wins against sunshine and a few others.

while under specific situations the dentist one wins.

it would be best if someone would make a list of which horse wins against who.

and i made yesterday arund 4 million in the inside track.

i now have around 2 million more than before the update, adn still after i bought my thruster and khanjali with the twitch prime discount

Can you give some sort of stats or how you came upon this and won 4 million? We've been tracking our bets and the odds have definitely changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Aznknight said:

Can you give some sort of stats or how you came upon this and won 4 million? We've been tracking our bets and the odds have definitely changed.

just by trying and remembering who won and always choosing those horses i know will win.

and with the bet min. amount and get max. money glitch

but yeah, i noticed how the higher Odds horses now win more often

Edited by rollschuh2282

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aznknight
1 minute ago, rollschuh2282 said:

just by trying and remembering who won and always choosing those horses i know will win.

and with the bet min. amount and get max. money glitch

Yeah they're gonna start wiping accounts that has been doing the glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282

btw, i know it´s 4 million bc i started with 10k and did it until i reached 2 million.

then i payed 1 million out in cash, made out of the 1 million chips 2 million again, and repeat 2 more times

1 minute ago, Aznknight said:

Yeah they're gonna start wiping accounts that has been doing the glitch.

i hope not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
9 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

it still worked for me 6h ago

i´m on PC

Yep I was chatting out my arse it seems, my bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
29 minutes ago, Aznknight said:

Yeah they're gonna start wiping accounts that has been doing the glitch.

I think that depends on how easy it is for them to track it. The amount of money glitches in the game and only a few of them results in a money wipe :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

This tiny casino is rapidly losing its appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EkaSwede
1 hour ago, Aznknight said:

Yeah they're gonna start wiping accounts that has been doing the glitch.

Or they would just hard set the win rate of any horse you bet on to 0% and have it rigged to hilarious degrees.

 

Hm? You wonder what would happen if 6 people bet on one horse each in the public horse track? What haeppens is Trevor flies in and nukes the horse track and Trevor Wins and those who bet on the other 6 horses can get a stick up their ass for all I care.

 

But when I get the time I'll start making a list (can't stop betting on Tenpenny whenever he shows up)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul

Always bet on Ya Yo Lets' Go. You might not win but then you can sing the tune from Vice City during the race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

My conclusion is that

 

a) "you do not have enough chips" is a BS bodge and rockstar can f*ck off

b) You can still grind out an edge, but it's like 200-250k per hour rather than double that

 

3/1 is still a sweet spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
9 minutes ago, LennyGhoul said:

Always bet on Ya Yo Lets' Go. You might not win but then you can sing the tune from Vice City during the race. 

Which tune are you referring to there? 

 

This was posted in the GTAO Discord, it's from Reddit... it's a must for this thread at least...

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Which tune are you referring to there? 

 

This was posted in the GTAO Discord, it's from Reddit... it's a must for this thread at least...

 

 


 

 

Also OMG that sh*t's so true....

Edited by LennyGhoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LennyGhoul said:

<snipped>

 

Ahh yeah, the lyrics there are "rush rush to the yeyo" or something, and yeyo is cocaine - it went hand in hand with the Miami 80s theme. 

"Yay Yo Let's Go" is a reference to this song by The Ramones though: 

 

 

Edited by Gaffa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jargonaut
1 hour ago, kenmy13999 said:

I think that depends on how easy it is for them to track it. The amount of money glitches in the game and only a few of them results in a money wipe :)

I don't know much about this glitch, but isn't it like you lose 100 dollars when you lose and win with whatever 10k gets you when you win? If so, finding everyone who has used this glitch would be trivial and shouldn't require more than a single inquiry to the database; for example listing everyone whose average loss on horses is under 1000 and win over 10000 with more than one hundred races played. The probability of running this well honestly is around the level of impossibru so there shouldn't be any false flags even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

 

Ahh yeah, the lyrics there are "rush rush to the yeyo" or something, and yeyo is cocaine - it went hand in hand with the Miami 80s theme. 

"Yay Yo Let's Go" is a reference to this song by The Ramones though: 

 

 

I thought that at first but the lyrics are 
"Hey ho, let's go"

And R* has many references to Yayo (yes I know it's 80's slang for cocaine) in the game and had a ton in VC and GTA 3. 

Edited by LennyGhoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
1 minute ago, LennyGhoul said:

I thought that at first but the lyrics are 
"Hey ho, let's go"

And R* has many references to Yayo (yes I know it's 80's slang for cocaine) in the game and had a ton in VC and GTA 3. 

🤷‍♂️ surely it's more The Ramones than Debby Harry, but I see your point. 

 

There's also a company in the UK called AO.com which generally specialises (cough, aims) to get home appliances to your door by the next day. Could be a number of references.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
1 minute ago, Gaffa said:

🤷‍♂️ surely it's more The Ramones than Debby Harry, but I see your point. 

 

There's also a company in the UK called AO.com which generally specialises (cough, aims) to get home appliances to your door by the next day. Could be a number of references.

I don't think it's a Debbie Harry reference, I know it's a cocaine reference and everytime I see the name, the Debbie harry song in GTA and Vice City (and scarface i think) pops into my head. Which is why I posted that when you play the horse you can sing the tune in your head, because I do every single time. It's an earworm. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
7 minutes ago, jargonaut said:

I don't know much about this glitch, but isn't it like you lose 100 dollars when you lose and win with whatever 10k gets you when you win? If so, finding everyone who has used this glitch would be trivial and shouldn't require more than a single inquiry to the database; for example listing everyone whose average loss on horses is under 1000 and win over 10000 with more than one hundred races played. The probability of running this well honestly is around the level of impossibru so there shouldn't be any false flags even.

Iirc the only wipes (on console at least) have come from refund glitches like orbital cannon and Lester refund glitch, so it might not be that easy to track everything or R* just don't care enough to start wiping from other glitches. This glitch might be a different story and it might come a wipe. 

I'm just basing what I said here on the history I've seen earlier and really don't know how easy it is for them to track this or other glitches but maybe @Fun 2 have some more knowledge about this? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aznknight
46 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

Or they would just hard set the win rate of any horse you bet on to 0% and have it rigged to hilarious degrees.

 

Hm? You wonder what would happen if 6 people bet on one horse each in the public horse track? What haeppens is Trevor flies in and nukes the horse track and Trevor Wins and those who bet on the other 6 horses can get a stick up their ass for all I care.

 

But when I get the time I'll start making a list (can't stop betting on Tenpenny whenever he shows up)

Lol it's pretty much that now in the track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LennyGhoul
Just now, kenmy13999 said:

Iirc the only wipes (on console at least) have come from refund glitches like orbital cannon and Lester refund glitch, so it might not be that easy to track everything or R* just don't care enough to start wiping from other glitches. This glitch might be a different story and it might come a wipe. 

I'm just basing what I said here on the history I've seen earlier and really don't know how easy it is for them to track this or other glitches but maybe @Fun 2 have some more knowledge about this? :)

Honestly the 100 dollar glitch doesn't hurt them as much as the "NOT glitch" of being able to wait until you find a race you are comfortable betting on. that they don't want you doing anymore. Because, if you only bet on the races you want, it doesn't force you to play through "the downs" to ensure you cannot make a solid profit. And thus negate the need for Shark cards which is the ONLY reason the game is still being supported by R* in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jargonaut
24 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Iirc the only wipes (on console at least) have come from refund glitches like orbital cannon and Lester refund glitch, so it might not be that easy to track everything or R* just don't care enough to start wiping from other glitches. This glitch might be a different story and it might come a wipe. 

I'm just basing what I said here on the history I've seen earlier and really don't know how easy it is for them to track this or other glitches but maybe @Fun 2 have some more knowledge about this? :)

I'm willing to bet it's latter; they just haven't cared enough. There's no reason whatsoever why they wouldn't save and keep record of every transaction made in the game the game - this is valuable data for them for now and for the future when they want to finetune in-game economics to maximize micro-transactions and sharkcard sales etc. So when they have the data, it's only a question of wanting to do something about it, and the answer to whether there will be wipes or not will come from some manager/executive at R* one day.

 

But in any case you can rest assured that every transaction is recorded. Even if they didn't want to maximize profits, they would still have to do this to protect themselves in case of any possible lawsuit related to the currency they are selling for hard irl cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2

They have stats to track the Horse ID, the amount of chips you bet on him, the result, how long it took to finish and game seed.

I'm not sure about the result but it could to display the amount of chips you won, so they can easily see you put 100 chips and suddenly won 20000/30000 chips which only happens with a glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 1 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.