MOTW #142: Voting

RithRake24

Voting has commenced!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which mission should win MOTW #142?

• Explosive Job (Mikul)
    • Operation: S.P.E.T.S.N.A.Z (XzeuX)
    • The Battle Avengers (Martin_Strada)
    • Quadruple Extermination II (VikingEVM)
    • Last Sight (LordStarship)
    • War Incidious (XxGrovexX)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/2019 at 08:00 AM

El Penguin Bobo

Alright, so bad news everyone.

I unfortunately cannot participate in this MOTW. I have the mission and all, but it is not ready nor finished to release.

I've been held back to design the entire mission due to work, my game uninstalling automatically, etc. I will still be finishing the mission as soon as I get the chance, however, it will not be in this MOTW.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 2

Image result for gta signature

Huzaifa khan

That's f*ck man, MOTW is a 7 days contest with 5 days of Participating and 2 days of Voting. And we've already too many participants then what we're waiting for start the voting man, that's not following " Mission of the week " System. For those who can't create mission in time. I want to say them understand the meaning of Deadline. Please..

4 minutes ago, Huzaifa khan said:

That's f*ck man, MOTW is a 7 days contest with 5 days of Participating and 2 days of Voting. And we've already too many participants then what we're waiting for start the voting man, that's not following " Mission of the week " System. For those who can't create mission in time. I want to say them understand the meaning of Deadline. Please..

I understand your frustration, but I did consult with Andrej, the leader of MOTW before deciding upon the extension. Hosts are allowed to extend the deadline if one or more designers request for it. I had two requests, from Penguin Bob and from Superporff (Obb Porff), and I decided on a one-day extension instead of a two-day extension because I'm aware that we've already got 6 participants. But rest assured that I like I said before, there will be no further extension: voting will start promptly at 18:00 (GMT+10) and there's just 2 hours and 54 minutes remaining for voting to start.

@Obb Porff This is a reminder that you have less than 3 hours remaining to submit your mission. Good luck in making it before the deadline! 

• Like 2

LordStarship

I really understand why Andrej made the rules for us so we can extend the deadline for 1 or 2 days if there's one or two participant(s), though i'd still suggest that an extension is not too necessary or too needed. We have 50+ MOTWs for 2019, yet even after August i don't think it reaches 25. Maybe it reaches 25, but if you keep extending the deadline, a year will only have at least 35 MOTWs. This competition again, must be renamed to Theme Competition, where player needs to create a mission with a theme without any deadlines or at least 2 weeks of deadline, because it's not weekly competition anymore.

However, i do appreciate people who make a very good mission because there's an extension, so for those people who ask for extension, don't fail me!

• Like 3

ANNOUNCEMENT

VOTING HAS COMMENCED!

Time to show your love for your favourite mission of this MOTW. Voting will be open until 9 August at 18:00 (GMT+10), roughly about 47 hours and 24 minutes from the time when this post was written. I have also replaced the countdown link on the main topic to the new Countdown to Voting Deadline. Even though they can be found in the main topic, I will provide the links to all the mission entries in this post too, just for the sake of convenience for voters:

@Mikul

Explosive Job

@XzeuX

Operation: S.P.E.T.S.N.A.Z

@Martin_Strada

The Battle Avengers

@VikingEVM

Quadruple Extermination II

@LordStarship

Last Sight

@XxGrovexX

War Incidious

Wishing all the candidates the best of luck in this competition, you guys are really a fantastic bunch of people. Thank you for your participation!

I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that the two designers for whom I made the small deadline extension, couldn't make it within the new deadline. I am sorry for making the six participants wait a single extra day for the voting to start. But here it is now, so enjoy!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Galeb said:

VikingEVM gets my voze, for sure ;)

I sincerely appreciate your interest to vote, however your vote is invalid unfortunately because it violates this specific rule that is mentioned in the MOTW Rules and Guidelines:

On 8/28/2015 at 2:39 AM, AnDReJ98 said:

-Account must be at least 4 weeks old and has 20 posts made to be able to vote

Unfortunately, even though your account is more than 4 weeks old, it doesn't have 20 posts yet. I'm sorry but because of this, your vote is not counted.

You can, however, feel free to participate in the next MOTW when the topic goes up. :) 

Edited by RithRake24
Corrected a mistake
  • Like 3

NerdWithGuns

Yeay, voting time! Good luck for everyone ;)

I'm waiting for this time's comentator :) 

I'm happy to see what I missed in my mission this time

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, XzeuX said:

Yeay, voting time! Good luck for everyone ;)

I'm waiting for this time's comentator :)

I'm happy to see what I missed in my mission this time

I have to say I'm extremely glad about your desire to improve, you're showing great signs of potential. Keep it up, and good luck once again!

• Like 3

Martinovich

Aaaaaa, lots of good missions. Can't decide which mission should I vote.

• Like 4

@DimaGamer's vote is invalid unfortunately because it violates this specific rule that is mentioned in the MOTW Rules and Guidelines:

On 8/28/2015 at 2:39 AM, AnDReJ98 said:

-Account must be at least 4 weeks old and has 20 posts made to be able to vote

Unfortunately, even though your account is more than 4 weeks old, it doesn't have 20 posts yet. I'm sorry but because of this, your vote is not counted.

We have 2 votes so far and both of them are invalid...

• Like 3

LordStarship

Again, i don't really want MOTW mission to be a very hard complicated mission. The creators of the missions including choppers and all must know that there's actually a very RNG-based in that objective(s) on their missions. Sometimes, the chopper won't shoot you immediately, sometimes it will. Sometimes, the chopper's shots won't hit you, sometimes they will directly hit you and make you redo the mission all over again. Not counting how the chopper will shoot up to 4 missiles to the player if you make it's behavior to attack the player. Obviously even a full health and armor can't withstand those missiles.

I am not a very experienced and professional player in GTA San Andreas. I only play the storyline for fun, collecting stuffs up to 50 or 100, just doing some fun around the cities and counties, so making a very hard mission that requires HESOYAM or another cheat code to make me win already violates one of the rules.

On 8/27/2015 at 11:39 PM, AnDReJ98 said:

-Mission must not require Cheats or Mods

Which is why i really encourage people to keep it calm and make it smooth. And again, difficulty doesn't matter when your mission is actually very well-written and has a very attractive plot into it. 

A perfect example of making a mission with a chopper is:

Spoiler

Quadruple Extermination II: The Comeback. The player doesn't need to shoot the chopper, but rather attract the chopper to go into the missile launcher. I believe the behavior is only Follow Player not Attack Player which explains why the chopper doesn't actually shoot and got shot by the Missile Launcher first. 

That's just some words for me. These missions have a lot of potential to become a masterpiece, there is just some works need to be done.

Edited by LordStarship
Some spoilers thingy
  • Like 2

Hard missions do not break the rules, and if you run sideways it's easy to avoid missiles. What the rule you quoted means is that missions are not allowed if they literally can't be finished without cheats, like a mission with a "get to the top of the building" and the only possible way there is to spawn a Jetpack or Hydra.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, omigawail said:

Hard missions do not break the rules, and if you run sideways it's easy to avoid missiles. What the rule you quoted means is that missions are not allowed if they literally can't be finished without cheats, like a mission with a "get to the top of the building" and the only possible way there is to spawn a Jetpack or Hydra.

Thanks for clearing this doubt. I was about to say the same thing.

• Like 1

LordStarship
10 minutes ago, omigawail said:

I know, but it really ruins the fun. I don't really care about cheating or stuff like that. What i care about the mission is the gameplay.

Imagine you have to do the whole mission because of those missiles. And again, i'm not really experienced at GTA San Andreas. Do i need to meet a requirement to be a good player before i can review the missions?

Take the example of Zero's missions in the GTA SA storyline. Nearly everyone doesn't like it because it's too annoying and hard. It doesn't have any fun gameplay whatsoever, and even if it does, it will be ruined with a single unfun gameplay after that. I personally don't find it too hard, but most of the people, who are not good at the game, will keep complaining.

Another example is Wrong Side of The Track. It's very hard for beginners who don't know how to keep up with the train and also maneuvering the motorcycle along the way. You can clearly see how triggered player is when they get the infamous line "All we had to do, was follow the damn train CJ!"

Edited by LordStarship
  • Like 1

Huzaifa khan
47 minutes ago, LordStarship said:

Imagine you have to do the whole mission because of those missiles. And again, i'm not really experienced at GTA San Andreas. Do i need to meet a requirement to be a good player before i can review the missions?

CPKTNWT And now you're Professional. :pirate:

LordStarship
Just now, Huzaifa khan said:

Nice boom-boom cheat. Maybe i should try that way earlier. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Huzaifa khan said:

I think the version I know is ALLCARSGOBOOM. :pirate:

• Like 3

Huzaifa khan

It's a contest between @VikingEVM and @Martin_Strada in my opinion. What was perfect missions that was, both of them is Top Notch in their respected missions. 

As for @VikingEVM He is just too good in object placement, specially that elevator, damn son.. You remind me "Half Life's Chapter Blast Pit" And that object placement on upper Submarine is too good to watch. 

@Martin_Strada Your mission is also very amazing as I said, specially that teleport to Sniper man, and showing of team collaboration is perfect. Also the background music is BadAss!!

But my vote goes to @VikingEVM Keep up the Good Work! ;)

Edited by Huzaifa khan
  • Like 4

LordStarship
3 minutes ago, Huzaifa khan said:

It's a contest between @VikingEVM and @Martin_Strada in my opinion. What was perfect missions that was, both of them is Top Notch in their respected missions. 

As for @VikingEVM He is just too good in object placement, specially that elevator, damn son.. You remind me "Half Life's Chapter Blast Pit" And that object placement upper Submarine is too good to watch. 

@Martin_Strada Your mission is also very amazing as I said, specially that teleport to Sniper man, and showing of team collaboration is perfect. Also the background music is BadAss!!

Hide contents

But my vote goes to @VikingEVM Keep up the Good Work! ;)

Both of their missions made me very amazed, although i rage quit after i died to the chopper 3 times in a row in @Martin_Strada's mission, the gameplay before that is so perfect and honestly when the sniper enters the game, i really like the sniper's placement. 

@VikingEVM's mission is really astounding. His mission is just too good to be true. The elevator, the whatever flying thing there, and the funny dialogue, they are a complete pack for the mission itself.

I will also give @Mikul's Explosive Job and @XxGrovexX's War Incidious a thumbs up! Mikul did a great job in covering the plot, even though one of the cons is that where you get the 6 stars (or 5 stars as there's actually no 6 stars in counties), you forgot to deactivate the No Cars objective, or i can assume you didn't forget and just leave it be. I was expecting a nice shootout between Daniels' gang and Police/FBI Squad's vehicles, but i guess it will slow you down and just honestly make the mission harder. XxGrovexX, in other hand, has a nice plot and a very nice gameplay! You get some weapons and stuff, heal your friend, and hunt all the DEA agents down. It's very good, nonetheless.

For @XzeuX's Operation: S.P.E.T.S.N.A.Z, it's already very good. There are some suggestions, for example maybe you can tell us that there's guard patrols everywhere and you need to avoid it, as i had to use HESOYAM for the mission because i didn't know there are guards. Second, you could add the icon for the checkpoint objectives. It'll make us navigate easier and not get lost. Other than those two, nothing really bothers me. The plot of a S.P.E.T.S.N.A.Z. troop sneaking into the base inside is a good choice. 

It's a hard choice between @VikingEVM, @Martin_Strada, and @Mikul. Give me some minutes to decide.

As Huzaifa said its real hard choice between them both missions are good 
But I voted for VikingEVM his mission was real good felt like cyberpunk with those great object placement 
Martin Strada mission has a epic background music that caught my attention but it would have been better if enemies in base were stronger , still enjoyed the mission its well designed im glad I've seen such a great work from you after a long time ^^ good luck 

• Like 4

Martinovich

Thanks for your reviews. The background music is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat: Dynamic/Combat Music 2 btw.

VikingEVM's was my favorite, so I'm gonna vote for him. :D

Edited by Martin_Strada
  • Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, RithRake24 said:

I sincerely appreciate your interest to vote, however your vote is invalid unfortunately because it violates this specific rule that is mentioned in the MOTW Rules and Guidelines:

You can, however, feel free to participate in the next MOTW when the topic goes up. :) 

Kk, thanks Rith :)

• Like 2

This week's missions were quite a challenge to play through! Everyone went full on hardcore mode, some in interesting ways while others opted for basic methods... so here are the reviews!

Spoiler

Explosive Job is a good mission but has some plot hole problems that take away from the experience of playing it. First of all, who are we even working for? Is the Las Venturas Administration part of the government? Because if it is, then why is it hiring 3 dudes to infiltrate a military base that is also a part of the government? Second of all, that is definitely not how identity theft works. All they did was wear military uniforms and drive a military car. IDs are useless because they have pictures, the guards in the base can simply look at the ID and know that they are not actual soldiers. Hell, one of them was black!

After getting inside the base, one of the scientists recognizes the player as the one he needs to experiment on. Considering how they only stole military outfits, and not entire bodies then what was he basing that on? Did he just confuse him with someone else..? Was one of the soldiers in Montgomery coincidentally specifically requested by one of the scientists in Area 69? Why didn't he use any soldier? And what did he need him for anyways.

Just what everyone needed, a couple minutes of slowly following a very slow scientist throughout the entire military base with no dialogue at all. Seriously, what in the f*ck was the point of that part? Couldn't you add some more dialogue during it? Or make the scientist run instead of walk? Or maybe even skip it altogether, you could just teleport the player to the lab...

We also kill the scientist. Why did we kill the scientist? Who knows! f*ck him for doing his job I guess. And also, we were after secret plans for an anti matter weapon.. but then we grab a card instead? They celebrated too early, they're definitely not gonna be rich considering they stole the wrong thing.

I also didn't lose the wanted stars before going back home. Seems that wasn't necessary after all. Same could be said for a lot of other parts of the mission. Plot is not its strongest point, the mindless action was fun though. 6/10

Spoiler

Operation Spetsnaz is an absolute hell to play through. It is frustratingly difficult, and not in the puzzling or challenging way. It just throws you in very dangerous situations so that you fail and have to do the mission all over again. It says that it's a stealth mission, but let's be real. Who didn't use cheats and just kill his way inside? There is no point in stealthing. You can't see the enemies until they can see you. Their very high accuracy coupled with your very low starting health means that you will just die the second you get spotted.

And you will get spotted, a lot. They follow very short patrol paths so you're only given a tiny window to sprint past them, sometimes they glitch out and just turn around before their patrol is over.

Enough with the gameplay issues though, it has other ones too, like illogical parts of the story. The mission is set in the desert that Russia is famous for... The terrorists also don't look alarmed at all by the dozens of soldiers right on top of their base. Do they even know they are there?

Ok, done with the illogical story, back to the gameplay issues! And boy is this one the biggest of them all. The last part has you hop on a tank to shoot down a helicopter that is also trying to kill you. It's like a cowboy duel, only with rockets instead of guns. Just one missile from the helicopter is enough to instantly obliterate the tank the player is using. The tanks in the game are normally explosion-proof and have a lot of health so this took me by surprise, and by that I mean caused me to die and repeat this hellish mission once again.

It tried being a stealth mission but personally I just felt like it didn't work. I'm sorry but I didn't find it fun at all because of the insane difficulty. 4.5/10

Spoiler

The Battle Avengeris Martin's comeback into the designing world, and it definitely met its expectations. The mission was epic with lots of shooting, sniping and dying killing the enemies and winning. I am surprised that you managed to avoid the ball actors bug even though it feels like we are fighting at least 30 in the first part. I kind of hate it when head shots are turned off though. It's also weird that the squad didn't discuss their plan until they made it to the base, they were also standing in the open so it wasn't a surprise that they be detected.

Despite this, I found myself stuck in various parts either because of bugs or because of errors in the mission. Some actors spawn inside of objects so I had to use explosions to kill them. One of the enemies on the roof has head shots turned off, so when you shoot him in the head he steps back a little and outside of reach. So I had to fly up to him with a jetpack to kill him. When the reinforcements arrive with boats, one of the squad mates jumps into the water causing the mission to fail. After the second time this happened, I just rushed there to kill them before he reaches them to end his life heroically.

Overall, a very fun mission with a lot of variety. 8.5/10

Spoiler

Last Sight took itself too seriously, it was a very cheesy mission. The plot felt like it wasn't there to begin with.

It starts off with a bunch of military dudes doing military stuff like whatever it is Kenny was doing (Seriously, what was he even talking about) then boom the mafia's here and oh sh*t they're killing everybody and oh my god Finn is dead wait who is Finn..? That's essentially how I felt. The soldiers had names, yet I didn't remember any of them. The names on this review are from reading the save file.

The enemies had very high health and headshots were turned off. I actually ran out of ammo because they soak up so many bullets and had to punch the last ones to death. The allies were not useful because of their very low accuracy, so how can I even relate to them.

The characters being forgettable is a byproduct of the (no offense intended) nonsensical story. A military base gets invaded by Russian mafia and somehow the mafia wins. Chelvin works with the mafia yet helps you escape and even kills some of them. He could have killed him earlier very easily, yet he doesn't reveal himself until he gets to the big dramatic twist? He is a secret agent who works for the military, and specifically Area 69. He is tasked with killing everyone in K.A.C.C., another base for the same military.. because they are corrupt? And he reaches out to the f*cking Russian Mafia for help? The story is frankly bullsh*t, and I'm quoting Kenny: "What nonsense are you talking about now".

There is a huge list of things that could be improved in this mission. I trust that if you took more time with it, the end result would clearly be much better, but for now it gets 4/10

Spoiler

Quadruple Extermination II takes everything we know about action, hits it with a red SUV, blows it the f*ck to pieces and makes a mission out of it. The mission is entirely tongue and cheek, satirizing the ridiculous tropes of action movies, and even mirroring some tropes that appear in other entries of this same MOTW.

The extensive use of objects was amazing. Dyom# has unlocked a part of missions I never thought possible before. A detailed military base and a battle ship built in dyom using only objects is very impressive, and making a great mission on top of that is even more so. I personally did not like the soundtrack though, it did not fit the atmosphere of the mission.

I wished the badass squad would do more though. There are a lot of things to exploit there, you could have a nerdy engineer, a minigun wielding maniac, an edgemaster™. The possibilities are endless. All in all, an amazing mission that is innovative, engaging, and most importantly fun. 9.5/10

Spoiler

War Incidious plays out like typical shooting games, both in story and in gameplay. The story is intended to be a backdrop and the whole focus which is neat. The shooting parts needed more cover though, Area 69 is an open place, and the desert in its borders is even more open.

The soundeffects used were immersive and kind of nostalgic, where are they from?

There is not much else to say about the mission, it was simple but it did its job good. 7/10

All that I said above is intended to be constructive criticism and only that. Please do not take offense if I call some parts of your mission bad, these are just my opinion.

MY VOTE GOES TO...

Spoiler

VikingEVM's Quadruple Extermination II.

Edited by omigawail
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, omigawail said:

hits it with a red SUV, blows it the f*ck to pieces

Why, oh why did you have to include this What Pain Means reference? :sigh:

• Like 2

NerdWithGuns

Lol looks like my mission is too hard for you guys :lol:

I set the guards' accuracy to max and the player's health to low cuz I want the mission to be failed if the player is detected by the guards. 

I tested my mission after I finished designing it and I completed it without any cheats.

But maybe I should add more instructions so you guys can understand what to do, and decrease the difficulty level of the mission.

Will try to do better next time, once again! Thank you for the feedbacks and replies! :D:miranda:

4 minutes ago, XzeuX said:

Lol looks like my mission is too hard for you guys :lol:

I set the guards' accuracy to max and the player's health to low cuz I want the mission to be failed if the player is detected by the guards. 

The intention was good, however as @omigawail mentioned the patrol windows for the guards are too small hence making it quite hard to walk past the guards without getting noticed.

6 minutes ago, XzeuX said:

I tested my mission after I finished designing it and I completed it without any cheats.

Missions tend to be much easier for their own designers rather than players because designers go through the process of putting everything together so they know where everything is, like enemy actors and their set movements. Players on the other hand usually don't know a lot about the mission other than what you choose to show them, and therefore any mission would be slightly harder for players than for the designers. A good way to test the difficulty of your mission is to let someone test it before releasing it, be it a friend or a sibling. That way you can really know whether your mission is challenging for others, and therefore you can avoid making it too hard! 

9 minutes ago, XzeuX said:

Will try to do better next time, once again! Thank you for the feedbacks and replies! :D:miranda:

I am glad about your thirst to improve, and I am sure you will do better next time. Good luck! :D 

• Like 3

SeanAlgerian

Martin and Viking were both perfect and awesome, but my vote goes to Martin for his efforts because he got a lot of knowledge with war and army missions as I remember from his WarFigher missions.

Edited by Seth
  • Like 3

LordStarship

Well, i did a very bad job on completing Last Sight.😅

Last Sight was meant to be the last mission of a canceled mission pack by me, with Last Sight being the end of it. Because it's not even out yet, it technically won't be the part of a mission pack, i thought it would be good to bring Last Sight around. 

The point of why i gave little bullets is to make player realizes that how important is a single bullet and a single drop from the enemy in this mission. Looks like i took it too far there.

Next time, i'll try to create a mission without any story to my canceled project! Thanks for the feedback, Omi! :colgate:

• Like 4