Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Straypuft

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Recommended Posts

Dock

Its out, and its incredible :inlove:

 

M2dk_xNR.jpg

p3e3w2DE.jpg

iuYVzvfq.jpg

Iy9BISFY.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E•MO•TION

Steam or Microsoft Store? Which version is better to buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dock
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, E•MO•TION said:

Steam or Microsoft Store? Which version is better to buy?

I believe both versions require you to download/update the game through its "launcher" (and sign into your Xbox account), so its down to personal preference.

 

Im playing it using Game Pass, which I also use for Sea of Thieves and Forza, so 🤷‍♂️  Will probably pick it up on sale down the road on Steam.

 

Moar screens:

zPL8M2Fo.jpg

_uWbOQJl.jpg

CjmSvXbZ.jpg

 

 

Edited by Dock
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAJip

Now I regret having a bad PC and PS4, I want this game so f*cking bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E•MO•TION

On approach to LAX...

 

IzMmWLr.png

 

PS: This needs a proper photo mode or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
46 minutes ago, E•MO•TION said:

On approach to LAX...

...

PS: This needs a proper photo mode or something.

But you can at least disable the "floating quest markers" for screenshots, or...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StuntMaster100
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dryspace said:

But you can at least disable the "floating quest markers" for screenshots, or...?

It's pretty disappointing tbh. White House is flat and Buckingham Palace looks like an office block. majority of houses look ugly too. ''You can see your house" ....no lol. Not exactly the 'virtual tourism' they promised.

Edited by StuntMaster100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
2 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

It's pretty disappointing tbh. White House is flat and Buckingham Palace looks like an office block. majority of houses look ugly too. ''You can see your house" ....no lol. Not exactly the 'virtual tourism' they promised.

Well, I know that a lot of people were focusing on the visual aspect--and to be fair, that was the only thing I saw Microsoft push pre-release (though I only looked at a few things posted here)--but I was always more concerned about the functionality, and the fact that it appeared from the beginning to be a console-based project like every major modern release.

 

My most recent fear was that it was going to be a "Live Service" with some kind of subscription to access a streaming landscape, so I'm glad that fear seems to have been baseless. But I'm simply not going to sign up for an XBox account to use this, so hopefully there will be another way to use the software in the future--if it ends up being a decent flight simulator.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA

Should I get a dedicated HOTAS for this game? I never play flight games, so I just downloaded this game for fun to try with my Xbox controller, but the joystick drifts left, causing my plane to constantly bank left and kamikaze itself.

 

I've tried four different controllers. I've messed with the deadzones and sensitivites, and I've tried changing the simulation settings. Nothing is fixing the problem. There is consistent ghost input despite the sticks being straight and with over 50% deadzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

I haven't even gotten a chance to play it yet as i've been having issues until last night getting it to even download.

 

Since my main hard drive is only 256GB, I install all my games on an external SDD so I had to jump through some hoops and reformat the SDD too get it to install but before I could do that I had to spend 2 days moving 2TB of games and other stuff between several different drives.

 

I finally got it installed last night and then it took decent amount of time to install the 91GB updates so i'm now finally able to play it but i know one thing for sure in the future i'll be buying the games on Steam if possible as this was too much of a hassle for just a free trial version of the game more of less as i'm playing it via GamePass

 


 

1 hour ago, KDA said:

Should I get a dedicated HOTAS for this game? I never play flight games, so I just downloaded this game for fun to try with my Xbox controller, but the joystick drifts left, causing my plane to constantly bank left and kamikaze itself.

 

I've tried four different controllers. I've messed with the deadzones and sensitivites, and I've tried changing the simulation settings. Nothing is fixing the problem. There is consistent ghost input despite the sticks being straight and with over 50% deadzone.

If you plan on putting quite a bit of time into MSFS2020 then yes I would recomend getting a dedicated flight controls but you don't nessercary need the ones that include throttles, a flight stick is good enough as that what I currently use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Posted (edited)

 

DERP! 

 

It's been so long since i've used my flight stick I forgot I needed to adjust the sensitivity. The flight control are so sensitivity that any slight movement to the right of left will send the plane completely sideways and if i'm not quick enough into a downward spin and crashing a few tweaks later and we're all good now

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Straypuft
Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, Dryspace said:

Well, I know that a lot of people were focusing on the visual aspect--and to be fair, that was the only thing I saw Microsoft push pre-release (though I only looked at a few things posted here)--but I was always more concerned about the functionality, and the fact that it appeared from the beginning to be a console-based project like every major modern release.

 

My most recent fear was that it was going to be a "Live Service" with some kind of subscription to access a streaming landscape, so I'm glad that fear seems to have been baseless. But I'm simply not going to sign up for an XBox account to use this, so hopefully there will be another way to use the software in the future--if it ends up being a decent flight simulator.

If you have a microsoft or msn messenger account, You can use it for xbox live.

 

 

 

Did a quick flight last night while trying to learn how to use the Cessna Citation CJ4

 

 

Edited by Straypuft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Posted (edited)

𝙷𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚕𝚢𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚝? 𝙸 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝙸𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎.
 

 

 

 

 

𝚃𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝙽𝚈𝙲 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙻𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚊 𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚁𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝙲𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚗 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝙶𝚘𝚟𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝙻𝚒𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚜 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝙲𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚕𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚢𝚋𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐.

 

 

 

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Posted (edited)

This guy on Reddit claims that he was playing MSF2020 and did a flyby of his apartment building only to see himself naked while sunbathing in his yard or whatever...and i'm calling 1,000% Grade-A Bullsh*t

 

I don't know about him maybe he just has a really super powerful gaming rig but to me the ground and building details are somewhat pixelated which would make it impossible to see a person standing up let alone a person laying down in a semi-enclosed area such as a balcony.

 

Anybody else agree?

 

But he got what he really wanted 22,000 karmapoints

 

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StillKronic
2 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

This guy on Reddit claims that he was playing MSF2020 and did a flyby of his apartment building only to see himself naked while sunbathing in his yard or whatever...and i'm calling 1,000% Grade-A Bullsh*t

 

I don't know about him maybe he just has a really super powerful gaming rig but to me the ground and building details are somewhat pixelated which would make it impossible to see a person standing up let alone a person laying down in a semi-enclosed area such as a balcony.

 

Anybody else agree?

 

But he got what he really wanted 22,000 karmapoints

 

There is not way in hell this is true lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA

Yosemite Half Dome takeoff. Or dropoff.

 

zXM8xBo.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
10 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

This guy on Reddit claims that he was playing MSF2020 and did a flyby of his apartment building only to see himself naked while sunbathing in his yard or whatever...and i'm calling 1,000% Grade-A Bullsh*t

Of course it's B.S., lol. It's exactly the thing a person would make up if he wanted to be funny about satellite imagery. And as you suggested, the highest image resolution is nowhere near enough to actually perceive anything like that.

 

Though if a person already knew that something was likely to exist in a particular location, and it were large enough, he might theoretically be able to determine that such a thing were captured--but that's not the same thing as being able to identify it without prior knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
8 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Of course it's B.S., lol. It's exactly the thing a person would make up if he wanted to be funny about satellite imagery. And as you suggested, the highest image resolution is nowhere near enough to actually perceive anything like that.

 

Though if a person already knew that something was likely to exist in a particular location, and it were large enough, he might theoretically be able to determine that such a thing were captured--but that's not the same thing as being able to identify it without prior knowledge.

You'd be correct, the OP posted a picture to try and provide proof....

 

d04c6efd488aa3855e1d263f918df610.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Posted (edited)

Anybody else get these bright the lights from the 747 is at night?

 

209c2cecbde2c8e9b7a6769a962999ab.jpg3668056d7ee338299326733e7cd04f56.jpg

 

These lights are coming from within the plane itself, All the unnecessary lights are turned off including the lights in the cockpit but yet still getting this loud glare and It doesn't get turned off even if I turn off ALL the lights.

 

It irritated me enough I ended the flight

Edited by ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA

Is there any way to set a path/destination/waypoint to some place far away?

 

Say I'm starting off with a departure from San Francisco, but I didn't set any arrival location. If I'm mid flight, how do I set a destination for some place far away like Los Angeles. Do I just point the plane in the general direction and contact the tower when it pops up under Nearest Airport List?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
23 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

You'd be correct, the OP posted a picture to try and provide proof....

And first it's an apartment building....then it's a detached house... 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dock
On 8/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, KDA said:

Is there any way to set a path/destination/waypoint to some place far away?

 

Say I'm starting off with a departure from San Francisco, but I didn't set any arrival location. If I'm mid flight, how do I set a destination for some place far away like Los Angeles. Do I just point the plane in the general direction and contact the tower when it pops up under Nearest Airport List?

If your plane has a display/GPS you should be able to set a waypoint to an airport (eg: the Icon A5 has a touch screen panel that lets you set new flight plans).

 

For other planes Im not sure; maybe the VFR map (?) that opens when you press V lets you do it, or maybe the flight plan panel? 😅 I know very little about aviation, just going off of what I remember from playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OysterBarron
Posted (edited)

I don't know what I did but I went from having 30fps to 40fps with dips to 28 fps to having 130+fps on high end settings.

Edited by OysterBarron
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip

I've been avoiding this thread because my rig is down hard and I haven't had the chance to bring it back to life yet.  

 

I'm seriously jealous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA

My reaction when someone is landing but they suck at it, so you just see the plane bouncing up and down on the runway.

 

HgeXbfN.jpg

 

It's the struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OysterBarron
7 hours ago, trip said:

I've been avoiding this thread because my rig is down hard and I haven't had the chance to bring it back to life yet.  

 

I'm seriously jealous.

You know it's avaliable on xbox now to?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip
Posted (edited)

 

6 hours ago, OysterBarron said:

You know it's avaliable on xbox now to?

 

No!  Wait!

I suspect I'll be sacrificing some fidelity?  Does it support kb/m?

 

Just kidding with all my questions.  I'll find out.

 

And thanks for the news.

 

Still not sure about playing a flight sim on a console...but hey.

 

 

 

Waaaaa...i don't see the xbox version anywhere yet.  Waaaa...

Edited by trip
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DownInThePMs

My favorite thing to do in this game is to plug KDST or Liberty Rock Radio in the background while I cruise around Nevada and Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OysterBarron
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, trip said:

 

No!  Wait!

I suspect I'll be sacrificing some fidelity?  Does it support kb/m?

 

Just kidding with all my questions.  I'll find out.

 

And thanks for the news.

 

Still not sure about playing a flight sim on a console...but hey.

 

 

 

Waaaaa...i don't see the xbox version anywhere yet.  Waaaa...

I'm not sure where it is but it's included with xbox gamepass. I connected an xbox control up to it last night and needless to say I prefere it with a joystick than keys.

 

Ah sh*t sorry dood I miss read it, only platform is PC but I'm sure I saw or read it was coming to consoles to.

Edited by OysterBarron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.