Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Rico263

Should Slippery Bastard be Nerfed.

Recommended Posts

Hudawg
2 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

So people that don’t play the game the same as you are “bugs” now? Good to know.

 

 


I said "auto aim' is like a swarm of bugs.  And SB is the bug repellent.   

 

No point over reaching in what you 'THINK" I mean.

 

1 hour ago, tonko said:

 

 

I guess i've been very unlucky cause most players i met use SB for that nasty "POP IN, SHOOT, POP OUT" tactic.

 

All this nonsense could've been avoided with Free Aim lobbies, little thingy RDR multiplayer had.

 

Well for me.. Im always in SB.  So popping in and out of SB doesn't matter much to me. Its just a player diving.

 

 

But I 100000% agree with this nonsense could have been avoided with just making the game like RDR when It comes to lobby types and even choice of pvp game modes, private lobbies etc.  The basic things...go a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
11 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

Aim assist is a preference. Some of us like it. Some of us don't. Leave it at that.

 

The solution is quite simple. Make Slippery Bastard a Freeaim only card. You lose aim assist anytime this card is equipped. No more "Peak-A-Boo" tactics.

 

Lastly, the cards aren't going anywhere and we're never getting private lobbies. Either learn to love it or move on. The cards themselves and the tonic chugging is just Rockstar looking for ways to monetize.

Yeah, hence the topic, should SB be nerfed. You know, the topic we're all posting in right now. You're now taking what I said a few pages ago and acting like it shuts down what I'm saying now? What are you even talking about at this point, because it sounds like you're saying you agree SB should be nerfed....so.... cool.

 

I'm not loving it or moving on. Rockstar could still make big changes to this game, so don't condescend. If they wanted to monetize the cards, they would have made them upgradeable with gold.

 

5 hours ago, Hudawg said:

Because most of the people using SB are free aim players.  And that best way to use Slippery Bastard is at a distance and not for running around like idiots.  Running around like an idiot makes you an easy target for PIB.   

 

At a distance.. SB removes PIB quick shots.  (Where people quick tap PIB while using auto aim for headshots). 

 

But I guess you could call me 100% Bias toward slippery bastard.  I spend tons of money on snake oils, and because of SB im now a full blown Snake Oil Addict.  I can run around in SB for 30+ mins.     So at the very least, I make people use manual aim, even if they use PIB.  Its at least some what of a manual aim thing going on.

 

Myself and most of the people I play with are free aim players. Who rely heavily on SB to even the playing field slightly against the auto aim in this game.  Even if PIB counters it, it still removes the annoying auto aim targeting from our existence.  Especially removes the AUTO AIM+PIB quick head shots.

 

I don't believe for a second that "most" people using SB are free aim players, that has not been my experience at all.

 

It's good that you recognize your bias, but if you're just going to break apart my post, ignore any points I'm making, and continue to state your own opinion in a vacuum, there's really no point in this "discussion". You came, you cried about the use of the word "magic". Got it. I don't need war stories about tonic chugging or w/e.....really don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
55 minutes ago, gtmike said:

 

I don't believe for a second that "most" people using SB are free aim players, that has not been my experience at all.

 

Well that's my experience it with it..  

 

57 minutes ago, gtmike said:

It's good that you recognize your bias, but if you're just going to break apart my post, ignore any points I'm making, and continue to state your own opinion in a vacuum, there's really no point in this "discussion". You came, you cried about the use of the word "magic". Got it. I don't need war stories about tonic chugging or w/e.....really don't care.

I wasn't 'crying' about anything.    I just found it funny that someone claimed SB is magic in a game with auto aim.

 

Besides, I wasn't telling any war stories... Just telling ya how I roll.  Don't like it, really don't care. Can't make my point by saying nothing.

 

Theres no reason to nerf slippery bastard from my perspective.  The whole reason I chug snake oil and use SB to keep that filthy auto aim from locking on to me.    Id rather get killed a millions times by PIB then die once from auto aim.  Take that as you will.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cratoz
On 8/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, éX-Driver said:

Paint It Black is not, I repeat; NOT a reliable counter. You need nigh-on godlike aim to paint a target on the head of someone darting around in a zigzag fashion

 

Yes PIB is the counter to SB. You don't need to target their heads. Get out a double barrel, activate PIB and let them zigzag into your crosshair, chest should kill them most of the time.

It is so easy to kill them.

11 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

 Almost nobody runs PiB. Wonder why. Shotguns don’t reliably kill unless you’re extremely close

 

Also not true, most high ranks and tryhards use PIB because it is current high kill game meta. Of course you find different setups, too. The problem is that most people just don't use it effectively, but tryhards and other people who do, consistently win in showdowns. I for example play with many high ranks (+400) and most of them play with PIB. It's anecdotal, but it still shows why.

You don't need to be extremely close with shotguns either, as PIB really increases accuracy and distance.

PIB is the current PvP meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
On 7/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, wehweh01 said:

I've said it once but I'll say it again. Slippery Bastard should force you to use Freeaim settings. Problem solved. 

I recall saying this quite awhile ago. Make Freeaim Great Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enchilada

A better solution would be to deactivate dead eye once you stop aiming your weapon, like RDR1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
2 hours ago, Enchilada said:

A better solution would be to deactivate dead eye once you stop aiming your weapon, like RDR1 

So Freeaimers can be autoaimed? Umm...no. How about just make Slippery Bastard a Freeaim only card for the 1000th time. 

 

Personally, I'd request that all cards have a 4th tier. You pay $1,000 and this upgrade makes every card remove your aim assist when equipped. Additional effects added. Paint It Black when upgraded loses "Paint" ability yet gains additional effects. 4th tier can be added or removed at leisure. 

 

Bonus effect: 4th tier card users CANNOT be "Painted"

 

Incoming autoaim clout in 5...4...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enchilada

That’ll be the day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112

Personally I don't think any cards should be allowable in the different game types. I'm perfectly fine with the idea of them being used in the lobbies and missions.

 

There a card combinations that when coupled with the right health drink, gives you the ability to take like 20 shots before you go down. That includes had shots.

 

I say Nerf all cards outside of public lobbies.

 

Offtopic...

Regarding the auto aim. In my opinion, until they start allowing keyboard and mouse combinations on consoles, then they should keep it.

 

Let's be realistic, analog controllers suck really bad by comparison and are absolutely nowhere near as accurate.

 

 

 

Edited by Deadman2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
3 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

Personally I don't think any cards should be allowable in the different game types. I'm perfectly fine with the idea of them being used in the lobbies and missions.

 

There a card combinations that when coupled with the right health drink, gives you the ability to take like 20 shots before you go down. That includes had shots.

 

I say Nerf all cards outside of public lobbies.

 

Offtopic...

Regarding the auto aim. In my opinion, until they start allowing keyboard and mouse combinations on consoles, then they should keep it.

 

Let's be realistic, analog controllers suck really bad by comparison and are absolutely nowhere near as accurate.

 

 

 

Hates cards yet cannot live without his wheelchair...I mean autoaim. Seems legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox
4 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

 

There a card combinations that when coupled with the right health drink, gives you the ability to take like 20 shots before you go down. That includes had shots.

 

 

 

Slow and Steady was nerfed to hell a long time ago, but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
18 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

Hates cards yet cannot live without his wheelchair...I mean autoaim. Seems legit.

So now you're making fun of people with disabilities who might need aim assist?

 

That person has good points about the card system, as do many others, and once again you just ignore them for a sh*tty one liner.

 

SB isn't for free aim, it never was, and most players don't use it like that. You can find them in this very thread saying as much.

 

5 minutes ago, Gleeman Vox said:

Slow and Steady was nerfed to hell a long time ago, but ok

It still works pretty much as he described it, just watched a video on it the other day.

Edited by gtmike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
14 minutes ago, gtmike said:

So now you're making fun of people with disabilities who might need aim assist?

 

That person has good points about the card system, as do many others, and once again you just ignore them for a sh*tty one liner.

 

SB isn't for free aim, it never was, and most players don't use it like that. You can find them in this very thread saying as much.

 

It still works pretty much as he described it, just watched a video on it the other day.

I wasn't making fun of people with disabilities. I was clowning on the thought that someone dislikes cards but prefers autoaim. Without Slippery Bastard there's be little reason for anyone to turn off aim assist.

 

There's a definite bias towards aim assist that the freeaim community is rarely if ever considered. For those who use Slippery Bastard with aim assist I honestly don't want to see their playstyle nerfed. Otherwise, we might see a lot more players leaving because of it. Majority of my aim assist homies left due to the nerfs to Slow & Steady. This is not what I want to see repeated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
41 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

I wasn't making fun of people with disabilities. I was clowning on the thought that someone dislikes cards but prefers autoaim. Without Slippery Bastard there's be little reason for anyone to turn off aim assist.

 

There's a definite bias towards aim assist that the freeaim community is rarely if ever considered. For those who use Slippery Bastard with aim assist I honestly don't want to see their playstyle nerfed. Otherwise, we might see a lot more players leaving because of it. Majority of my aim assist homies left due to the nerfs to Slow & Steady. This is not what I want to see repeated.

You can dislike cards but use and enjoy aim assist. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other, a point which continues to coast way over your head.

 

There's no such bias, and to suggest that there is ignores the many, many shooters that are free aim only (pretty much every shooter ever). The PvP here is aimed at a more casual gamer, and SB makes that PvP crap. It's pretty simple, and has, once again, absolutely nothing to do with aim assist settings.

 

This is pointless though, as it's clear you're just going to regurgitate the same "free aim" talking points over and over without actually acknowledging anyone else's points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Maximus Meridius

The card need to be annoying enough to you call the user a bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronin Ogami

 I wouldn't mind seeing it "tweaked" so that you lose more deadeye the faster you move. To be honest, I wouldn't mind all the cards being removed from general PVP, even the playing field a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot

Yes, again. We need to get rid of cards and have added lobby types so we can stop the everlasting free aim vs auto aim debate. People play as they please/feel comfortable ain't no point in arguing really. It is sh*t that AA users have to suddenly change their whole approach when confronted with a SB user just as it is sh*te that the free aimers need to rely on a perk card to even compete. f*ck off with this mess R*

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assblaster

I also wish they'd get rid of the cards, or at least offer a card-free lobby. If I have the cards, I feel bad fighting those who don't. If I don't have em (not all my characters are high rank), I feel like I'm fighting with one hand tied behind my back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
10 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

It is sh*t that AA users have to suddenly change their whole approach when confronted with a SB user just as it is sh*te that the free aimers need to rely on a perk card to even compete. 

I agree it's crap that we have to coexist in a mixed lobby. However, this is what we have and it ain't gonna change. However, you think SB users use SB as a crutch? That's literally what we think of autoaimers as a whole. It would've been fair to say it's unfair for Freeaimers to fight on Aim Assist terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot
8 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

 However, you think SB users use SB as a crutch? That's literally what we think of autoaimers as a whole.

No. I am a free aim player myself since GTA IV. I play on full free aim in Red Dead too since I can remember and with my new character now (was 180) I don't even own SB card yet. Trust me I know it is not a crutch for someone experienced. But free aimers get f*cked just as much as AA users with this card system. Cooexisting shall never work, it just defies all logic of fair balanced play in a game with Pvp aspects. Just as in cycling the doper will always be on top of the normal rider. You can get better gear get stronger/sharper but never compete with superhuman abilities.

 

Edit: My very own idea of fun and immersion is not having to forcefully put myself in dead eye all day running around with a shottie and chug tonics just to compete with them mutants. 

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
8 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

I agree it's crap that we have to coexist in a mixed lobby. However, this is what we have and it ain't gonna change. However, you think SB users use SB as a crutch? That's literally what we think of autoaimers as a whole. It would've been fair to say it's unfair for Freeaimers to fight on Aim Assist terms.

It's not free roam that I have much of a problem with. That's because it's all about fighting and if the person with SB has to get close then you stand a chance of killing them. It's the way it's used in free roam events and some showdowns that I don't like. If someone can grab a bag, jump on a horse and stay away from everyone else then they win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot
6 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

It's the way it's used in free roam events and some showdowns that I don't like. If someone can grab a bag, jump on a horse and stay away from everyone else then they win.

Yep, utterly ridicoulus. What is that one free roam event called dispatch rider or something ? Where some guy gets the horse and needs to haul ass to the drop off. Fits the scenario you've described.  A full posse of friends; 1 dude grabs the bag and rides away in SB whilst his acolytes escort him defensively never letting you get anywhere near and even if you get ever so lucky to get to that guy with the awful spawns and whatnot you better pray he hasn't some other ability on or munched the minty Big game. So much fuuuuun, right ?

 

Off topic: do I need to mention the clowns in Gun rush cooperating... f*cking sh*te game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
1 minute ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

 

 

Off topic: do I need to mention the clowns in Gun rush cooperating... f*cking sh*te game. 

Best fix for this is to separate Gun Rush & regular Gun Rush. People will still team up but it's something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot
Just now, wehweh01 said:

Best fix for this is to separate Gun Rush & regular Gun Rush. People will still team up but it's something.

Or they could do just like they dealt with poker and public matchmaking; No way to be in a Gun rush (FFA) game with a friend. Done. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
2 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Or they could do just like they dealt with poker and public matchmaking; No way to be in a Gun rush (FFA) game with a friend. Done. 

 

Some folks like Team Gun Rush though. Dunno how they'd apply that to normal Gun Rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.