Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Rico263

Should Slippery Bastard be Nerfed.

Recommended Posts

Stretch188

isn't the most blatant 'magic power' the heat seeking aiming system everyone has on their guns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gray-Hand
12 hours ago, tonko said:

Do i need to post Dr. Evil gif again? 😂

 

"You do realize everyone is spamming the same 3 cards, right? PIB, SNS and Sippery. So basically 90% players are playing the same way."  When wrote this as a reply to CARDS ENCOURAGE DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLES, i meant that statement is completely false cause players you face in Showdowns always use the same 3 cards. You see a guy with PIB, guy with SNS or a guy with SB. I didn't meant that 1 guy uses those 3 cards.

 

And it gets tedious cause they all perform the same playstyle. Maybe cards were initially implemented for variety but that's not the case at the moment. 

Another thing RDR multiplayer had. Bag modes were separated from Gang Shootouts. I repeat, a 9 years older brother had that(among other things) 😂

How do three different cards that promote 3 distinct play styles “all perform the same play style”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
39 minutes ago, Stretch188 said:

isn't the most blatant 'magic power' the heat seeking aiming system everyone has on their guns?

^^^ This 100x over. Folks complaining about "magic cards" yet over look the magic of aim assist. However, I have peeps with actual disabilities with their hands so I can't hate on aim assist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stretch188
6 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

^^^ This 100x over. Folks complaining about "magic cards" yet over look the magic of aim assist. However, I have peeps with actual disabilities with their hands so I can't hate on aim assist. 

Yeah, I have no issue with it being an option, whether it's a disability, difficulty, or just personal preference, I understand why someone would prefer to play with AA.

 

Personally I like the challenge and find it a more satisfying recreation of wild west gunplay to play free aim, and sadly, since I wish to play that way and there are no free aim lobbies, I am actively handicapping myself.

 

So as someone who has no option to play free aim, Slippery Bastard is my one saving grace, as it allows me to level the playing field - at least momentarily.

 

That said, I log in once a month for 10-15 minutes at this point. It's too bad. I was obsessed with what this game could of been. I would definitely come back if they gave me the option. Its hilarious that the reason they won't add them (free aim lobbies) is that they "don't want to divide the player base."

 

 

 

At this rate, there won't be a player base left to divide in a couple months time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
17 minutes ago, Stretch188 said:

Yeah, I have no issue with it being an option, whether it's a disability, difficulty, or just personal preference, I understand why someone would prefer to play with AA.

 

Personally I like the challenge and find it a more satisfying recreation of wild west gunplay to play free aim, and sadly, since I wish to play that way and there are no free aim lobbies, I am actively handicapping myself.

 

So as someone who has no option to play free aim, Slippery Bastard is my one saving grace, as it allows me to level the playing field - at least momentarily.

 

That said, I log in once a month for 10-15 minutes at this point. It's too bad. I was obsessed with what this game could of been. I would definitely come back if they gave me the option. Its hilarious that the reason they won't add them (free aim lobbies) is that they "don't want to divide the player base."

 

 

 

At this rate, there won't be a player base left to divide in a couple months time.

Well I'm definitely hooked to this game regardless of its faulty game mechanics.

 

You should consider joining the Freeaim community and meeting some of us. It was crazy lonely until I started hanging out with a few of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
4 hours ago, Stretch188 said:

isn't the most blatant 'magic power' the heat seeking aiming system everyone has on their guns?

No. You could say the same about riding horses and that we are magically all masters at it even though most who play the game have never even sat on a horse. The game helps you out with different things because you are in a wild west fantasy. Nobody knows how to property clean a gun so the game makes it easier. Nobody knows how to skin animals but we are all able to do it. I can't track animals in real life but eagle eye means I can. So which of those things are ok and which aren't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stretch188
5 hours ago, AmyStone said:

No. You could say the same about riding horses and that we are magically all masters at it even though most who play the game have never even sat on a horse. The game helps you out with different things because you are in a wild west fantasy. Nobody knows how to property clean a gun so the game makes it easier. Nobody knows how to skin animals but we are all able to do it. I can't track animals in real life but eagle eye means I can. So which of those things are ok and which aren't?

This is an odd argument.

So you think that giving the people the ability to: ride a horse, clean a gun, skin/track an animal, is comparable to my six shooter being able to track enemies autonomously?

 

Yes, everything in a video game is going to be simplified and made more accessible, otherwise you would just go do it in real life as you say.

 

My point is just that theres a bit of irony to someone saying:

"Hey, stop using that magic power! It makes it too hard to use my magic power!"

I never said it wasn't okay to use AA, Just pointing out that a potion that makes it impossible to lock on to me with your revolver is at absolute worst just as fantastical as being able to lock on to me with your revolver in the first place.

 

Also, as horse riding is the only comparison of yours that is somewhat close to what were discussing as it has applications in competitive environments, let me say - if you've ever done a race, we are all definitely not masters at it.

 

The equivalent to Auto Aim in Horseback Riding would be something like Auto Dodge, where you could just hold a button and your horse would avoid all obstacles while maintaining the fastest possible speed.

 

Lastly, the game is already making it easier in free aim than in real life to shoot a gun (by a long shot), so even if you want to stick with the "everything we're able to do in a game is magic" position, simply being able to free aim would fall under that umbrella as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LXXXV

Being anti-ability card, I’d prefer all cards be restricted to specified game modes or their own lobbies altogether; Normal Lobby (Ability Card Usage) and Hardcore Lobby (Non-Ability Cards) as someone suggested. On topic, it’s really baffling that a card like SB, which has numerous ways to be countered, gains so much negativity, but a card like PIB, which is basically an aimbot that has more precision than the AI, is championed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
15 hours ago, LXXXV said:

Being anti-ability card, I’d prefer all cards be restricted to specified game modes or their own lobbies altogether; Normal Lobby (Ability Card Usage) and Hardcore Lobby (Non-Ability Cards) as someone suggested. On topic, it’s really baffling that a card like SB, which has numerous ways to be countered, gains so much negativity, but a card like PIB, which is basically an aimbot that has more precision than the AI, is championed. 

How do you counter SB? I've tried all ways but don't manage to. Some have said PIB is good against it but I can't see how. A friend and me went against each other with these cards to try to find a way to defend against SB. When I used PIB it took so long to paint anything that someone with SB would have been able to dodge and void getting pained. So how do you defend against it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
30 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

How do you counter SB? I've tried all ways but don't manage to. Some have said PIB is good against it but I can't see how. A friend and me went against each other with these cards to try to find a way to defend against SB. When I used PIB it took so long to paint anything that someone with SB would have been able to dodge and void getting pained. So how do you defend against it?

In Showdowns the only counter to SB is PIB. If they're at a distance I use the Springfield, if they are mid to close range I use a shotgun. I don't use explosive rounds in showdowns, but if you're willing to use them your slippery opponent will go down.

 

In freeroam using Defensive mode makes SB and PIB useless for and against you. If both you and an adversary are both in Offensive mode with them running SB, PIB + ex/ex or dynamite arrows will get your point across quickly.

 

I'm crap at PvP, especially in freeroam, but your average quarrelsome freeroam scrub will quickly get bored of being blown up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver

Slippery bastard is easily the most broken OP ability card, and anyone that says otherwise probably uses it themselves. Paint It Black is not, I repeat; NOT a reliable counter. You need nigh-on godlike aim to paint a target on the head of someone darting around in a zigzag fashion, and it’s basically just as much luck as it is skill. Someone in SB can and frequently will singlehandedly win grab the bag gamemodes, because they’re basically untouchable. There’s a reason literally every single competitive player runs it. It forces people to play freeaim in a game with pure distilled trash freeaim mechanics. Imagine a driving game where you could disable everyone elses’ brakes. 

The only reliable counter is tackling them to the ground, and praying to god they have less stamina than you. 

 

The only way to really make it fair is for it to nearly instantly drain your deadeye. Right now, you can basically run it infinitely if you have shotguns and the right ability cards because you’ll refill it faster than it drains if you’re in the thick of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

I really hope it doesn't get nerfed. PIB is way more obnoxious, I just don't complain about it much. I probably should if everyone's going to rally to get this nerfed.

 

This has counters; PIB doesn't really. Lets you headshot much faster (no aiming bloom). Boosts the range of shotguns so people with other cards can't compete close up. Lets you get long range kills vs snipers automatically, etc. Pair it with dynamite arrows and you basically have a homing launcher that targets people on foot. Yet disabling auto aim for a second is the big, evil ability.

 

If anything PIB needs to not be able to paint free aim stuff. You see it in races where lock on is disabled. People just use PIB to spoil it for everyone.

 

FYI I often have PIB for hunting, and don't bother taking it off. Occasionally I'll use focus fire for sniping. Slippery Bastard every now and then, but it's pretty much a dead card thanks to PIB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox
3 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Slippery bastard is easily the most broken OP ability card, and anyone that says otherwise probably uses it themselves. Paint It Black is not, I repeat; NOT a reliable counter. You need nigh-on godlike aim to paint a target on the head of someone darting around in a zigzag fashion, and it’s basically just as much luck as it is skill. Someone in SB can and frequently will singlehandedly win grab the bag gamemodes, because they’re basically untouchable. There’s a reason literally every single competitive player runs it. It forces people to play freeaim in a game with pure distilled trash freeaim mechanics. Imagine a driving game where you could disable everyone elses’ brakes. 

The only reliable counter is tackling them to the ground, and praying to god they have less stamina than you. 

 

The only way to really make it fair is for it to nearly instantly drain your deadeye. Right now, you can basically run it infinitely if you have shotguns and the right ability cards because you’ll refill it faster than it drains if you’re in the thick of it.

You don’t need to paint their head with PIB, you just paint them with a shotgun and they’ll be dead before they raise their shotgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LXXXV
7 hours ago, AmyStone said:

How do you counter SB? I've tried all ways but don't manage to. Some have said PIB is good against it but I can't see how. A friend and me went against each other with these cards to try to find a way to defend against SB. When I used PIB it took so long to paint anything that someone with SB would have been able to dodge and void getting pained. So how do you defend against it?

Although PIB is not the only counter to SB, it was made a direct trump card when it gained the ability to paint targets on someone using SB; which originally was not possible. The best counters, in my experience, to SB is distance and anticipation. Knowing that most people using Slippery will try to get up close, it's best to widening to gap between the two of you with a scope. If they do get close to you a shotgun, weapon with explosive rounds, shooting the horse (if applicable) or even tackling them first will level the playing field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
6 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Slippery bastard is easily the most broken OP ability card, and anyone that says otherwise probably uses it themselves. Paint It Black is not, I repeat; NOT a reliable counter. You need nigh-on godlike aim to paint a target on the head of someone darting around in a zigzag fashion, and it’s basically just as much luck as it is skill. Someone in SB can and frequently will singlehandedly win grab the bag gamemodes, because they’re basically untouchable.

I had to make an account here just to reply to this non sense.

 

Personally. i Hate all ability cards.  And auto aim is a joke.  There should be proper FREE AIM lobbies.  SB is basically the only way most players can get proper FREE AIM battles even tho PIB pretty much nulls it.


But to say SB is a broken OP ability card and that PIB requires some sort of GOD LIKE aim to use is beyond laughable.  

 

Its not the games fault you can't aim.  Nailing someone with PIB is pretty simple. 

 

 PIB is the real OP ability card.  As someone has already pointed out in the above post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
On 8/13/2019 at 3:25 PM, gtmike said:

Slippery bastard ruins every single showdown I've ever been in. What should be a hard fought battle of inches between two teams becomes a bunch of asshats streaking across the field using magic powers.

.....Slippery Bastard is the Magic Power?

 

What about auto aim?   What should be a fun pvp game is completely ruined by constant AUTO AIM.  And you wanna point the finger at Slippery Bastard?

 

SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
1 hour ago, Hudawg said:

.....Slippery Bastard is the Magic Power?

 

What about auto aim?   What should be a fun pvp game is completely ruined by constant AUTO AIM.  And you wanna point the finger at Slippery Bastard?

 

SMH

I know right? Title should be changed to:

 

"Autoaim problems require Autoaim solutions"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike
7 hours ago, Hudawg said:

.....Slippery Bastard is the Magic Power?

 

What about auto aim?   What should be a fun pvp game is completely ruined by constant AUTO AIM.  And you wanna point the finger at Slippery Bastard?

 

SMH

What about it? Aim assist is there to  make the game more accessible, like key mapping, fov, or any other setting. These things exist outside of the game, whereas ability cards do not. If you guys can't tell the difference between game settings and this poorly thought out card system I really can't help you, and I don't think any amount of head shaking can either.

 

I don't know why people keep bringing up free aim. The vast majority of SB users aren't using it for f*cking free aim, they're using it to run around like idiots in showdowms, or to grief people in freeroam who are incapable of defending against it.

 

If you really want free aim lobbies, getting rid of these cards is the first step, so what exactly are you arguing against? Are you saying PvP in this game is good? f*cking laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
1 hour ago, gtmike said:

What about it? Aim assist is there to  make the game more accessible, like key mapping, fov, or any other setting. These things exist outside of the game, whereas ability cards do not. If you guys can't tell the difference between game settings and this poorly thought out card system I really can't help you, and I don't think any amount of head shaking can either.

 

I don't know why people keep bringing up free aim. The vast majority of SB users aren't using it for f*cking free aim, they're using it to run around like idiots in showdowms, or to grief people in freeroam who are incapable of defending against it.

 

If you really want free aim lobbies, getting rid of these cards is the first step...

Aim assist is a preference. Some of us like it. Some of us don't. Leave it at that.

 

The solution is quite simple. Make Slippery Bastard a Freeaim only card. You lose aim assist anytime this card is equipped. No more "Peak-A-Boo" tactics.

 

Lastly, the cards aren't going anywhere and we're never getting private lobbies. Either learn to love it or move on. The cards themselves and the tonic chugging is just Rockstar looking for ways to monetize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
12 hours ago, Hudawg said:

I had to make an account here just to reply to this non sense.

 

Personally. i Hate all ability cards.  And auto aim is a joke.  There should be proper FREE AIM lobbies.  SB is basically the only way most players can get proper FREE AIM battles even tho PIB pretty much nulls it.


But to say SB is a broken OP ability card and that PIB requires some sort of GOD LIKE aim to use is beyond laughable.  

 

Its not the games fault you can't aim.  Nailing someone with PIB is pretty simple. 

 

 PIB is the real OP ability card.  As someone has already pointed out in the above post. 

“The Oppressor MK2 isn’t OP. I can snipe people off of them easily with the heavy sniper. All you people complaining just need to git gud”

that’s exactly what you just said. The facts are Rockstars’ shooting/gunplay mechanics and camera are sh*te, and that’s why you’re pretty much required to use auto aim. This isn’t CoD where the developers actually know how to make freeaim work on consoles. YOU might have the ability to reliably nail a target darting around unpredictably whilst you’re stuck trying to aim like a drunkard. But the other 99.9% of players cannot. Your comment only proves that Rockstars’ shooting mechanics are trash tier, and that Slippery Bastard makes you untouchable for to the vast majority of players. Stop being a freeaim elitist. You pretty much admit you use Slippery Bastard constantly. 

17 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I really hope it doesn't get nerfed. PIB is way more obnoxious, I just don't complain about it much. I probably should if everyone's going to rally to get this nerfed.

 

This has counters; PIB doesn't really. Lets you headshot much faster (no aiming bloom). Boosts the range of shotguns so people with other cards can't compete close up. Lets you get long range kills vs snipers automatically, etc. Pair it with dynamite arrows and you basically have a homing launcher that targets people on foot. Yet disabling auto aim for a second is the big, evil ability.

 

If anything PIB needs to not be able to paint free aim stuff. You see it in races where lock on is disabled. People just use PIB to spoil it for everyone.

 

FYI I often have PIB for hunting, and don't bother taking it off. Occasionally I'll use focus fire for sniping. Slippery Bastard every now and then, but it's pretty much a dead card thanks to PIB.

If you think SB is a dead card, you must not play PvP matches often. There’s always at least 3 people using it in a match, usually well over rank 100, and usually can have the game on lockdown as a result. Almost nobody runs PiB. Wonder why. Shotguns don’t reliably kill unless you’re extremely close [f*cking rifles do more damage than shotgun slugs, what a joke], but because of the rubbish shooting and camera [even on the fastest setting, players run faster than the camera can pan around] it’s still more a matter of luck than skill if you manage to mark a target. Meanwhile they can quickly click out of it, shotgun you, and then keep going. Or just dart behind something and you won’t even hit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
18 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

The only way to really make it fair is for it to nearly instantly drain your deadeye. Right now, you can basically run it infinitely if you have shotguns and the right ability cards because you’ll refill it faster than it drains if you’re in the thick of it.

So what is the trick to it not draining? I see people keep in on for minutes on end but when I was testing it out with a friend a full dead eye was drained in around 15 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
46 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

So what is the trick to it not draining? I see people keep in on for minutes on end but when I was testing it out with a friend a full dead eye was drained in around 15 seconds.

If you upgrade it, it doesn’t drain nearly as quickly. There’s also an ability card [I forget the name of] that grants you additional deadeye every time you score a headshot. And finally, just a good stock of snake oil. Mix those three, and you can go for an entire match without ever running out. Only dipping out of it to score an autoaim headshot and then going back into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
1 hour ago, éX-Driver said:

If you upgrade it, it doesn’t drain nearly as quickly. There’s also an ability card [I forget the name of] that grants you additional deadeye every time you score a headshot. And finally, just a good stock of snake oil. Mix those three, and you can go for an entire match without ever running out. Only dipping out of it to score an autoaim headshot and then going back into it. 

Mine is at level 3 so I can't upgrade it any more. I've seen people in Cold Dead Hand running around with SB enabled for minutes on end and nobody can touch them because nobody can get close enough. Most people aren't using this card for the free aim but are instead using it to void being locked on from a distance. If you can't get close to people using this card then you stand no chance at all. It spoils events like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gtmike said:

What about it? Aim assist is there to  make the game more accessible, like key mapping, fov, or any other setting. These things exist outside of the game, whereas ability cards do not. If you guys can't tell the difference between game settings and this poorly thought out card system I really can't help you, and I don't think any amount of head shaking can either.

Poorly thought out game settings vs poorly thought out card system.

 

If they removed auto aim and ability cards..  Id be happier than pigs in sh*t.  

 

But for someone to call Slippery Bastard "Magic' while they go around using auto aim, is just tooo funny.  Its like a backwards bizzaro world.

 

3 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

“The Oppressor MK2 isn’t OP. I can snipe people off of them easily with the heavy sniper. All you people complaining just need to git gud”

that’s exactly what you just said. 

 

 

So a slow ass cowboy on foot zig zaggin' around with slippery bastard is comparable to a MK2 Oppressor?   :D

 

I don't think soooo...

 

 

 

Edited by Hudawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gtmike said:

 

I don't know why people keep bringing up free aim. The vast majority of SB users aren't using it for f*cking free aim, they're using it to run around like idiots in showdowms, or to grief people in freeroam who are incapable of defending against it.

Because most of the people using SB are free aim players.  And that best way to use Slippery Bastard is at a distance and not for running around like idiots.  Running around like an idiot makes you an easy target for PIB.   

 

At a distance.. SB removes PIB quick shots.  (Where people quick tap PIB while using auto aim for headshots). 

 

But I guess you could call me 100% Bias toward slippery bastard.  I spend tons of money on snake oils, and because of SB im now a full blown Snake Oil Addict.  I can run around in SB for 30+ mins.     So at the very least, I make people use manual aim, even if they use PIB.  Its at least some what of a manual aim thing going on.

 

Myself and most of the people I play with are free aim players. Who rely heavily on SB to even the playing field slightly against the auto aim in this game.  Even if PIB counters it, it still removes the annoying auto aim targeting from our existence.  Especially removes the AUTO AIM+PIB quick head shots.

 

Edited by Hudawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
28 minutes ago, Hudawg said:

Because most of the people using SB are free aim players.  And that best way to use Slippery Bastard is at a distance and not for running around like idiots.  Running around like an idiot makes you an easy target for PIB.   

 

At a distance.. SB removes PIB quick shots.  (Where people quick tap PIB while using auto aim for headshots). 

 

But I guess you could call me 100% Bias toward slippery bastard.  I spend tons of money on snake oils, and because of SB im now a full blown Snake Oil Addict.  I can run around in SB for 30+ mins.     So at the very least, I make people use manual aim, even if they use PIB.  Its at least some what of a manual aim thing going on.

 

Myself and most of the people I play with are free aim players. Who rely heavily on SB to even the playing field slightly against the auto aim in this game.  Even if PIB counters it, it still removes the annoying auto aim targeting from our existence.  Especially removes the AUTO AIM+PIB quick head shots.

 

And there it is. “Slippery Bastard isn’t OP because it lets me play the game the way I want. I’m a free-aim elitist, and I’m going to force others to play free-aim as well because it makes me feel better about myself. Don’t like it? Git gud”

 

told you that the only people supporting SB were free-aim elitists that run SB themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

And there it is. “Slippery Bastard isn’t OP because it lets me play the game the way I want. I’m a free-aim elitist, and I’m going to force others to play free-aim as well because it makes me feel better about myself. Don’t like it? Git gud”

 

told you that the only people supporting SB were free-aim elitists that run SB themselves. 

So are you a Auto Aim elitist?  Obviously you want to force auto aim onto players...   

 

The whole reason you hate SB is because you can't auto aim players.. (Which is the whole reason I love SB)  

 

LOL @ term Free aim Elitist.    And feeling better?  What are you talking about?

 

Auto aim is like swam of bugs..  SB is the bug repellent.   Either get better with free aim and use SB yourself OR use PIB.   

 

The fact that you compared a slow ass cowboy on foot to a MK2 from GTA O is comedy gold.  

Edited by Hudawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
40 minutes ago, Hudawg said:

So are you a Auto Aim elitist?  Obviously you want to force auto aim onto players...   

 

The whole reason you hate SB is because you can't auto aim players.. (Which is the whole reason I love SB)  

 

LOL @ term Free aim Elitist.    And feeling better?  What are you talking about?

 

Auto aim is like swam of bugs..  SB is the bug repellent.   Either get better with free aim and use SB yourself OR use PIB.   

 

The fact that you compared a slow ass cowboy on foot to a MK2 from GTA O is comedy gold.  

So people that don’t play the game the same as you are “bugs” now? Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonko
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AmyStone said:

Most people aren't using this card for the free aim but are instead using it to void being locked on from a distance. If you can't get close to people using this card then you stand no chance at all. It spoils events like this.

I'm one of those peeps. Pop in Slippery, get close, pop out, shotgun blast, done. It's effective even though it disgusting.

Also in Spoils of War if you have 3 players(sometimes there's more) in SB, it becomes one sided match pretty quick. And those matches are very frequent. Dirty,cheap tactic which i'll spam until Rockstar does something about it.

 

 

2 hours ago, Hudawg said:

Poorly thought out game settings vs poorly thought out card system.

 

If they removed auto aim and ability cards..  Id be happier than pigs in sh*t.  

 

But for someone to call Slippery Bastard "Magic' while they go around using auto aim, is just tooo funny.  Its like a backwards bizzaro world.

I'm not that idealistic to expect free aim and option to disable ability cards in PVP modes from Rockstar. But if they could meet us halfway and get PVP closer to RDR multiplayer PVP, well that's something that would make me a happy man. I'll just leave this Hold Your Own video here.

 

 

2 hours ago, Hudawg said:

Because most of the people using SB are free aim players. 

I guess i've been very unlucky cause most players i met use SB for that nasty "POP IN, SHOOT, POP OUT" tactic.

 

I probably met 7 guys who used SB for Free Aim. And i play since December 2018, the first day of RDO.

 

All this nonsense could've been avoided with Free Aim lobbies, little thingy RDR multiplayer had.

Edited by tonko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter
5 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

If you think SB is a dead card, you must not play PvP matches often. There’s always at least 3 people using it in a match, usually well over rank 100, and usually can have the game on lockdown as a result. Almost nobody runs PiB. Wonder why. Shotguns don’t reliably kill unless you’re extremely close [f*cking rifles do more damage than shotgun slugs, what a joke], but because of the rubbish shooting and camera [even on the fastest setting, players run faster than the camera can pan around] it’s still more a matter of luck than skill if you manage to mark a target. Meanwhile they can quickly click out of it, shotgun you, and then keep going. Or just dart behind something and you won’t even hit them.

I play showdowns pretty much every time I play this game. What about you?

 

People use Slippery Bastard. And then they die because they just get painted. PIB is way, way more common in the sessions I play. Typically people my level or higher, 200+.

 

Myself, I tend to just sit back with a sniper. PIB ruins closer up fighting since it's used to remove all aiming bloom/inaccuracy, so you either use it or won't be fast enough to compete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.