Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Raavi

Gambling region locked countries [add yours]

Recommended Posts

M1NT
3 hours ago, Voile, theMagicLibrary said:

Add Sweden

Works fine for me though, I'm located in Sweden too. I'm not even using a VPN or similar. 

59 minutes ago, roggek said:

Sweden is NOT region blocked, played on Xbox for several hours now,,,
(Maybe the GTAV online PC version is region blocked...?)...

Nope, works fine on PC for me.. Maybe has to do with the ISP for some?? I'm using Bahnhof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomas Veil
Posted (edited)

Hi, I see Belgium in the list as I expected but to my own surprise I could buy chips, spin the wheel, play the slot machines.

For the purpose of seeing banner ads in amd radeon settings I always have my windows regional settings set at usa, if that's the reason then it's easy 😀

 

Edit: ok I'm sure I saw Belgium in that list

Edited by Thomas Veil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T0X1C

I can play poker in RDRO, but none of the casino games. I can buy chips, though. Doesn't make any f*cking sense. Tried on an account with UK set as the region, still didn't work. I don't know who I'm angrier at, my dumbass country, greedy TakeTwo or the room temperature IQ devs at R*.

 

It really wouldn't be hard to get around this sh*t:

1. Separate "earned" money and shark card money, two separate bank balances, you pick which one to use for any other purchases. Block region-locked players from buying chips with shark card money. No real money being gambled in those regions, not online gambling.

2. Set it so region-locked players can't buy chips at all, but can still earn chips through jobs and gamble them. Not ideal, but no real money spent, not online gambling.

 

Two simple f*cking solutions that would probably work if they cared enough about us to convince our countries that they've put measures in place to prevent online gambling. Pricks.

 

 

Side note. Will accepting the EULA region lock me and prevent me from using a VPN to access all of the content in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PedroGuedes18
Posted (edited)

Blocked in Portugal and I have no ideia why! Gambling is allowed in this country! I hope R* rewiews the banned country list or someone give me an explanation to why is it banned when I can walk to a casino and gamble in Portugal in real life.

Edited by PedroGuedes18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KashifM

it's blocked in Pakistan as well. I want my in-game $5.4m back :@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
37 minutes ago, Thomas Veil said:

Hi, I see Belgium in the list as I expected but to my own surprise I could buy chips, spin the wheel, play the slot machines.

For the purpose of seeing banner ads in amd radeon settings I always have my windows regional settings set at usa, if that's the reason then it's easy 😀

 

Edit: ok I'm sure I saw Belgium in that list

Yes, you did, but it was removed as more reports started coming in that it did work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rundur
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, T0X1C said:

I can play poker in RDRO, but none of the casino games. I can buy chips, though. Doesn't make any f*cking sense. Tried on an account with UK set as the region, still didn't work. I don't know who I'm angrier at, my dumbass country, greedy TakeTwo or the room temperature IQ devs at R*. 

 

It really wouldn't be hard to get around this sh*t:

1. Separate "earned" money and shark card money, two separate bank balances, you pick which one to use for any other purchases. Block region-locked players from buying chips with shark card money. No real money being gambled in those regions, not online gambling.

2. Set it so region-locked players can't buy chips at all, but can still earn chips through jobs and gamble them. Not ideal, but no real money spent, not online gambling.

 

Two simple f*cking solutions that would probably work if they cared enough about us to convince our countries that they've put measures in place to prevent online gambling. Pricks.

 

 

Side note. Will accepting the EULA region lock me and prevent me from using a VPN to access all of the content in the future?

It's definetly annoying. You're basically being punished for stuff that isn't your fault.

As for the EULA stuff, I accepted it and my VPN works fine (Connected to the closest one to me that's in Frankfurt, no problems whatsoever, except, of course, the huge lag spikes.)

 

Also, if R* didn't add Shark Cards, maybe it wouldn't have happened?

Edited by Rundur
missclicked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T0X1C
4 minutes ago, Rundur said:

It's definetly annoying. You're basically being punished for stuff that isn't your fault.

As for the EULA stuff, I accepted it and my VPN works fine (Connected to the closest one to me that's in Frankfurt, no problems whatsoever, except, of course, the huge lag spikes.)

 

Also, if R* didn't add Shark Cards, maybe it wouldn't have happened?

I can't speak for other countries, but I can play RDRO poker and the only difference I can see is that RDRO cash can't be bought using real money. It has to be shark cards. It really shouldn't be that hard to separate the two currencies, it's not like the idea would be new to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doktorfuxx

BTW, is it blocked for everything? Slots to Table games?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rundur
Just now, doktorfuxx said:

BTW, is it blocked for everything? Slots to Table games?

 

It's locked for literally everything. Cannot buy a Blackjack dealer for your penthouse, cannot play ANY of the table games, cannot bet on horse racing, not even spin the god damn wheel which is not even gambling.

Us who are blocked from it are basically missing all the casino content.

 

But hey, at least we can still throw a sick party at the penthouse lounge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rundur
9 minutes ago, T0X1C said:

I can't speak for other countries, but I can play RDRO poker and the only difference I can see is that RDRO cash can't be bought using real money. It has to be shark cards. It really shouldn't be that hard to separate the two currencies, it's not like the idea would be new to them.

I honestly don't understand why they won't just let us use the chips for gambling but without the ability to turn them in for cash or be able to buy more for cash.

I think that if they just made us get them from the Agatha Baker missions (haven't done them yet, hopefully that's how it works) and not be able to change them into the main currency, it wouldn't be a problem because you aren't gambling for real money nor would there be a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xlMiguel-77

"Gambling in Portugal is legal and fully regulated. There are a number of land-based casinos, bingo halls, betting shops and other betting venues that are all licensed. Online gambling was legalized in 2015 and Portuguese online bettors can place bets with local online companies or with foreign sites"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarczXD

Avaiable here on brazil, no restrictions at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
___Hellfire
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

It's a game service that request and check your country.

Why doesn't rockstar make it impossible to buy chips using shark cards  or shark card money and only allow chip purchases by means of in game generated money, making it technically "legal" to use the casino update in countries with online gambling bans 

Edited by ___Hellfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raavi
11 minutes ago, xlMiguel-77 said:

"Gambling in Portugal is legal and fully regulated. There are a number of land-based casinos, bingo halls, betting shops and other betting venues that are all licensed. Online gambling was legalized in 2015 and Portuguese online bettors can place bets with local online companies or with foreign sites"

iPW2mHj.png

 

tl;dr It is legal, but regulated. Meaning there are a lot of boxes to be checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
matamike
6 hours ago, 0wn996 said:

I also wonder how the blocking works.
Based on current location according to IP trace, or based on some of your account settings, or perhaps based on the region where your game was purchased.
Not that i care too much about the gambling aspect, but still interesting to know.

The system gets your public IP given from your ISP and since its region based it identifies your Country. Go to Social Club settings while online and you will notice the public ip in network tab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ntiris

I have a question .

I am not home right now so I didnt check the new update. I live in Cyprus and my friends told me that the casino isnt available in our country.. I set my account's region to the UK , will I be able to play at the casino or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735

So you can spend real money in this casino? This sounds dodgy if I'm going to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WadeR93

When I Google the gambling law/act for South Africa it says that since 1994 all gambling activities have been legalized.. Why can't I use any gambling machines in the casino still? Unfair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NTSV743

My biggest let down, being unable to play the new missions, and complete to become a platinum member..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raavi
4 minutes ago, WadeR93 said:

When I Google the gambling law/act for South Africa it says that since 1994 all gambling activities have been legalized.. Why can't I use any gambling machines in the casino still? Unfair 

 

https://www.ngb.org.za/faqs.aspx

 

Quote

4. Is online gambling legal?
No. Section 11 of the National Gambling Act states: A person must not engage in or make available an interactive game except as authorised in terms of this Act or any other national law.

 

So, once again heavily regulated in SA as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NTSV743

China is just a sh*t show of regulations.. Very disappointed i'm here until the end of October with no ability to claim the prizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T0X1C

It would be nice to have some transparency from R*. Everybody asking R* support about the region-lock seems to get ignored. Are they working on obtaining licences for certain countries, or is this it? I'm guessing the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola9302

Well i could buy these chips and gamble, but im not interested in it at all, so hmm i only bought all the new cars, the most expensive penthouse, and that's so pretty much it.

 

I don't even see the point why i should gamble if i still have 135m what's the point, hmm i spinned the wheel once, probably gonna spin it the next time i play, but not gonna start the game everyday just for that.

 

I don't really understand the problem with the gambling in some countries, it's not like you can buy the chips with real money, well but you can buy the chips with other virtual money that you can buy with real money, sure it makes sense somehow, but hmm i don't see the problem, well probably because i never had a gambling problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raavi
1 minute ago, T0X1C said:

It would be nice to have some transparency from R*. Everybody asking R* support about the region-lock seems to get ignored. Are they working on obtaining licences for certain countries, or is this it? I'm guessing the latter.

Considering how divergent national laws are when it comes to online gambling, and how different and specific the criteria are - I very much doubt it. It is way more hassle than it is worth. They could have avoided this however, but that is a different discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
camnorth

Blocked in the UAE which we all know, I doubt rockstar will do anything. Surely they could of made this so much better... it angers me so much that they have linked the chips to the psn store. They didn’t do anything with poker in RDD2 online so I think they won’t do anything. I honestly think rockstar don’t give a sh*t about their fans. Thinking about it they have lost maybe 25 percent of their worldwide audience to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh
1 hour ago, MarczXD said:

Avaiable here on brazil, no restrictions at all.

Tadinho dos portuga, mas eles robaram nosso ouro então agora tá tudo certo :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DDRazorback
8 minutes ago, Raavi said:

Considering how divergent national laws are when it comes to online gambling, and how different and specific the criteria are - I very much doubt it. It is way more hassle than it is worth. They could have avoided this however, but that is a different discussion.

I think that at least giving us the chance to spin the wheel of luck it would be nicer of their part. Much people only want that, and for what i know, we have another wheel in AW without problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M1NT

Employees at Rockstar Games must have bought stock in various companies hosting VPN services before the DLC released! :D LMFAO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wizooord

So um... I've came to terms with not being able to gamble or spin the wheel or enjoy the casino itself in any way but... The new clothing items are locked behind REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS?

 

I mean... REALLY?

 

This is worse than Pay to Win lmao.

If you can't get the chips, you can't get the clothes.

 

In that case, why not let everyone access chips, while preventing their usage for gambling in restricted areas,

OR, allow people to purchase the clothing items with money?

 

This is really, honestly, f*cked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.