3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Progen Emerus Appreciation Thread

AutobotJazz1

SummerFreeze
2 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

And not if you have good taste and a soul... I kid! Kind of.

The Issi Sport looks better with them.

Scottiedog123
On 3/12/2020 at 1:23 AM, AUScowboy said:

Not picking on you Scottie, the yellow Emerus alone shoes you have good taste. That being said, it's funny to see people complain about fitment and then put F1 wheels on everything they own lol..

As I've said many times.....

They have a physical effect on the way the  car drives it's not just about looks.

As far as fitment goes... These stick out...  Yes.. I am aware of that.. I have eyes.

What annoys me is when R* give us/expect us to pay for a car, that looks wrong and they think it looks correct.

I have never said these wheels look correct.

But I think they look cool on some vehicles, and they transform the dynamics of many vehicles for the better.

If I like the way they look that's my business, doesn't mean I'm wrong about R*'s car designers. I didn't design these merged F1's to fit how they do.. that's just how they come.

If we were given the option to increase track width, play with camber, and other suspension settings, everyone would be at it, and I think many of you would set your "custom" cars to have a wider stance if you thought it looked better than before or it made the vehicle better to drive.

We should try and remember this isn't GT sport.

My cars are all fake.

They are only "Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's, Chevrolet's, whatever.. in my head.

Many people think an f620 is a Maserati, when it's obviously a Jag....

It's all opinion...

The Emerus is an appalling attempt at a Senna, (aesthetically and dynamically) whatever you do to it. It's fkin horrible.

This is no Simulator. This is GTA.

As a car guy this hurts me.. I'd love an open world just like this but with 100% real cars, and I wouldn't have the need to alter them radically, but it's fantasy-fantasy.  So.. Fk it! Let's go wild!

Edited by Scottiedog123
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
-Cairo.

Saw a Mclaren Senna in Tiffany Blue and thought I'd try apply a coat of it after many attempts at generally trying to find a suitable look for the Emerus that sticks for me. Right now I'm in a love-hate relationship and the only strings attached is this week's discount.

FRA3nQc.jpg

GhB8k1y.jpg

Gqd0N8j.jpg

hDL4iJ2.jpg

Tvq4Ngo.jpg

X42SNEn.jpg

Mq21DTV.jpg

um8BDO7.jpg

Kes9SbH.jpg

rBmc1hK.jpg

v4Sp3rP.jpg

Edited by -Cairo.
Double Paste.
  • Like 9
metoxys

I still think this is one of the ugliest cars in the entire game with absolutely dreadful primary/secondary color placement and poor livery options that don't give me much wiggle room to distract from its ugliness but a couple of days ago I found a halfway okay-looking Emerus in a race lobby, let's see if I can recreate that look...

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yellow Dog with Cone

This car would look so much better with proper butterfly doors:

840f82-emerus1.jpg

Source

• Like 14
ghostsoap01

I feel like I captured the quintessential "illegal street racing" aesthetic in this one (although the lighting could be a bit better).

piMN7_ZvnU6r0Kdm0wAgqg_0_0.jpg

• Like 11
  • 2 weeks later...
Fish_head

This thing is hideous from every angle, and when I glitch out the spoiler, it’s even more hideous. The glass door panels are hideous, the wheel fitment is hideous,  I think the cheetah looks better, and that’s hideous

But, this thing is amazing to drive.  The kreigers fast and planted but I race both and this is way more fun to drive. 

just a shame it’s so unsightly

• Like 2
MechanicMammal
23 hours ago, Fish_head said:

This thing is hideous from every angle, and when I glitch out the spoiler, it’s even more hideous. The glass door panels are hideous, the wheel fitment is hideous,  I think the cheetah looks better, and that’s hideous

But, this thing is amazing to drive.  The kreigers fast and planted but I race both and this is way more fun to drive. 

I agree with you 110%, it is incredible to drive, but yeah the looks yuck, I do not like the Senna that this is based on either to be honest.

Bored one day recently I started to make a Progen showcase video on the editor. So to get some footage I repeated 5 laps of that really easy race that goes round the prison, "criminal records".

I kept note of the Best laptimes and every Progen was within half a second of each other except the Emerus which was at least 1.5 seconds faster than everything else,

and probably the F1 car I need to rewatch and time the capture of that because I did the laps in freemode.

If I ever finish the Editor project I might pixalate the footage of the Emerus :)

Edited by MechanicMammal
  • Like 1
ShadowRose
On 6/16/2020 at 7:55 PM, Fish_head said:

I sadly had to agree as well the fxxk headlight on the beautiful senna is f*cking dreadful like literally I can't even get a good angle on making some edits on cars pics and wheel fitment doesn't bother me too much but what bothers me is that when u put a custom wheel the rims get smaller which gets me to say wtf rockstar 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

m7vlm98ifEaHVjiIZnqRpQ_0_0.jpg

Too bad the iFruit app doesn't work well anymore. I'd really like to paint the stock wheels black.

Spoiler

U9kbuXfnZUGef-cubKv8HQ_0_0.jpg

udyspzFzMk20JH3GEiWSUg_0_0.jpg

_isdd1SDhEeR1oTPNcmUqA_0_0.jpg

5f0jzibVaEmrKhHiAgbzJg_0_0.jpg

• Like 2
Halal Cyborg
2 hours ago, crsN said:

You don't need iFruit app to paint the stock wheels. :)

That only works on PC...don’t get my hopes up there’s one super expensive vehicle that I can’t get to appear in the app...I need black stock rims to make a replica 

2 hours ago, crsN said:

Does this trick only work on PC or does it also work on PS4?

Pedinhuh
On 10/12/2020 at 3:11 AM, crsN said:

And with that, I can finally delete iFruit from my phone...If this works on console.

EDIT: Nope, doesnt work on PS4.

But thanks for the tip.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Sorry, I have no way of knowing which platform everyone is playing on.
On PC, the iFruit app can be installed directly from the Windows Store and you no longer need to use your phone.

PS: It would be nice to have the option to display on which platform we play below the avatar.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2020 at 8:38 PM, Scottiedog123 said:

As I've said many times.....

They have a physical effect on the way the  car drives it's not just about looks.

Can someone explain what exact full effect does F1 wheel have on a normal car?
And does it affect all cars or just certain cars (like tire-can-clip)?

Edited by Mr_Weak
Scottiedog123
1 hour ago, Mr_Weak said:

Can someone explain what exact full effect does F1 wheel have on a normal car?
And does it affect all cars or just certain cars (like tire-can-clip)?

Well.. this is a bit of a contentious subject.

There are clearly differences dynamically, but some people believe it's just a placebo.

There are some vehicles which gain more positives than others, and there are some which come out with negative aspects handling wise. (this only goes to confirm my feelings and findings on these wheels, although I haven't really documented anything properly)

The guys that look at the data, can't see anything so they don't think it's real, but it is.

You may find some useful information in the two F1 wheel related threads..

To try to answer your question, with the cars that gain.. they can corner faster, harder, can have better traction, can brake better (especially noticeable on cars with awful brakes to begin with). Cars that like to slide can slide better (easier) for longer, they are easier to hold in a slide eg Hustler particularly, but generally most muscle cars.

I know the size of the tires doesn't seem to visually translate to the screen as you can see the hit boxes, and walk through the edge of the tires, but there is something good added to many cars, that's why I'm keeping some on F1's. 

Looks wise.. is another debate entirely.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
ilovefreebird

CjRqzFaMSkyetQg4Kw1HPQ_0_0.jpg

OYdqkk3fkU2d0owP2nQVKA_0_0.jpg

I just can't seem to get this to work for me. Before up top, current on bottom. Don't care much for either spec. Might have to copy @andyt5303 a couple posts up, that thing looks great!

• Like 1
andyt5303
27 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

CjRqzFaMSkyetQg4Kw1HPQ_0_0.jpg

OYdqkk3fkU2d0owP2nQVKA_0_0.jpg

I just can't seem to get this to work for me. Before up top, current on bottom. Don't care much for either spec. Might have to copy @andyt5303 a couple posts up, that thing looks great!

I think the Emerus is pretty ugly as a road car (the Senna too for that matter) but it looks incredible as a race car, I based my build off the Senna GTR. 

I like your current build, I think it really suits the red, perhaps a little darker shade would look nice too. 

ilovefreebird
23 minutes ago, andyt5303 said:

I think the Emerus is pretty ugly as a road car (the Senna too for that matter) but it looks incredible as a race car, I based my build off the Senna GTR. 

I like your current build, I think it really suits the red, perhaps a little darker shade would look nice too. 

I 100% agree with you - both the real and "fake" versions of this car are horrendous in my eyes, but I have more tolerance for goofiness when it comes to track-ready cars.

And thanks! Currently, I think I need to change out the Nero wheels and replace the gigantic skirts with something more conservative. If I don't end up replicating your spec, I'll also try a darker red!