Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

MeisterJazz

Benefactor Krieger Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

MinigunMan1

The car probably has a downforce value so changing spoilers won't make a difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marciliojunior01
17 minutes ago, MinigunMan1 said:

The car probably has a downforce value so changing spoilers won't make a difference

Downforce is affected by spoilers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattoropael
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MinigunMan1 said:

The car probably has a downforce value so changing spoilers won't make a difference

Downforce cars have been affected by spoilers (again) since Gunrunning, even though the stat bar still says they aren't.

Edited by Mattoropael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

Glad I don't get bogged down by the spoiler meme, my FMJ and Comet Retro feel just fine without them. Seeing as this one may be a top contender, I can see how it's a bit more annoying.

Edited by AUScowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debesta
2 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

Is that so? I thought the fins was "no spoiler".

 

Has anyone tested if stock or "fin remove" gives more traction?

I have, personally. Fin Remove adds traction. Any option below the first, which unfortunately is the only one with the fins, adds traction. So for full performance, you can either have no fins or an old visual spoiler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrysisAverted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottiedog123

Does it have adjustable suspension? 

Or have we been shafted again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7_han
Posted (edited)

Anyone else think that it should the shark fin down the middle of the engine bay and a two-stage active spoiler like the real car? Or is it just me lol

Kinda wish the interior was more F1 like as well, seems R* is getting lazy with the designs. The Mercedes-AMG ONE is such a beautiful car irl ~

Edited by 7_han

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aghakhi
2 hours ago, 7_han said:

Anyone else think that it should the shark fin down the middle of the engine bay and a two-stage active spoiler like the real car? Or is it just me lol

Kinda wish the interior was more F1 like as well, seems R* is getting lazy with the designs. The Mercedes-AMG ONE is such a beautiful car irl ~

I agree with you with the spoiler and interior. Looking at cars like the Neo, the Gauntlets, the Paragon and so on, it seems that whatever part of the team responsible for the supers in this update was quite incompetent in comparison to whoever made the other cars. If you put this car and the Emerus side by side with something like the Neo or the Gauntlets, I could bet that the overall quality between them is at least a bit off.

 

Even if the sculpt is fine, which it seems to be actually, the customization options and attention to details just doesn't seem as high. But, at least the Krieger is a better done job than the Emerus, which seems to be the lowest point of the update in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marciliojunior01
4 hours ago, Aghakhi said:

Even if the sculpt is fine, which it seems to be actually, the customization options and attention to details just doesn't seem as high. But, at least the Krieger is a better done job than the Emerus, which seems to be the lowest point of the update in that regard.

I think is the opposite, the krieger clearly has less effort than the emerus to be done, it doesnt even have an engine block. But if you put both of them side by side with the zorrusso, yes, the zorrusso puts them to shame with how good it is. 

The only reasonable explanation is different designers doing different design languages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7_han
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Aghakhi said:

I agree with you with the spoiler and interior. Looking at cars like the Neo, the Gauntlets, the Paragon and so on, it seems that whatever part of the team responsible for the supers in this update was quite incompetent in comparison to whoever made the other cars. If you put this car and the Emerus side by side with something like the Neo or the Gauntlets, I could bet that the overall quality between them is at least a bit off.

 

Even if the sculpt is fine, which it seems to be actually, the customization options and attention to details just doesn't seem as high. But, at least the Krieger is a better done job than the Emerus, which seems to be the lowest point of the update in that regard.

 

16 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

I think is the opposite, the krieger clearly has less effort than the emerus to be done, it doesnt even have an engine block. But if you put both of them side by side with the zorrusso, yes, the zorrusso puts them to shame with how good it is. 

The only reasonable explanation is different designers doing different design languages 

I agree with both of you , I do wish that the Krieger did have a way to show the F1 engine that would be under that back panel. The Emerus still has a lot of design taken from the McLaren Senna , especially the glass on the doors which was very well done, though the rear is lacking especially because they didn't include the exotic exhaust that is on the McLaren Senna.

 

I still think they could've done a lot better on the Krieger, especially with the interior design, the way the doors open, spoiler options, missing a single F1 shark fin, and overall exterior design (mostly the rear half of the car). It's very disappointing that some cars don't get the design and attention to detail they need, especially if it's going to be the most expensive road car (in terms of non-weaponised vehicles). They should've designed the Krieger the way they designed the Vagner, paying attention to all the details and getting it look as close as possible to the real car, they did a really good job on that road legal F1 car (Valkyrie). In my own opinion, the Krieger doesn't fully live up to the Mercedes-AMG ONE's design and beauty. Though it does have it's own appeal. I also kind of wish they added a single piped exhaust option to give it the feel of the road legal F1 car it's supposed to represent. I also kind of don't like how when you choose an exhaust option other than the stock, the rear panel above where the engine is supposed to be, becomes plain with no sort of vents or naca ducts for design (cooling for the actual car). Sorry about the long rant, the Mercedes-AMG ONE is one of my favourite cars 😅😅😅

Edited by 7_han

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aghakhi
On 8/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, Marciliojunior01 said:

I think is the opposite, the krieger clearly has less effort than the emerus to be done, it doesnt even have an engine block. But if you put both of them side by side with the zorrusso, yes, the zorrusso puts them to shame with how good it is. 

Well that's right actually, the Emerus is more detailed but damn it disappointed me even more than the Krieger. They had the attention to mimic the lower door windows of the Senna and yet did a terrible job at most of the rest. The customization in particular has some bizarre flaws and a few dumb omissions. All in all the entire car seems like a rushed work in my opinion. So does the Krieger, it's such a shame for what's supposed to be the new top tiers of the supers class.

 

13 hours ago, 7_han said:

It's very disappointing that some cars don't get the design and attention to detail they need, especially if it's going to be the most expensive road car (in terms of non-weaponised vehicles)

That's pretty unacceptable for me, I'll only buy them because I'll be pretty much forced to. There's such a high standard for quality now set by several vehicles, going all the way back to Benny's lowriders. It's pretty appalling that even to this day we see such a big inconsistency in quality. This update is even weirder because most of the cars are of remarkable quality yet the most expensive ones for some reason aren't on par with the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marciliojunior01
2 hours ago, Aghakhi said:

 

There's such a high standard for quality now set by several vehicles, going all the way back to Benny's lowriders. It's pretty appalling that even to this day we see such a big inconsistency in quality. 

Different designers with different design languages like i said before, the guy who designed these cars seems to be the same who designed the taipan.

Again for me they are not terrible, there is much much worse cars out there (tezeract, X80) but i agree they could be a little bit better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainMarvel
On 7/23/2019 at 5:03 PM, TacitusKilgore said:

Car named Krieger and Tom Connors sounds like Cyril? Someone at R* loves Archer. 

 

I only DREAM of a voice actor like Chris Parnell in a R* game. Hell, if the Archer cast gets bored after the series finale, hire them for a Spy-influenced GTA game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7_han

to emphasise my point of the design here is a video done by Top Gear to glorify the Mercedes-AMG ONE 

https://youtu.be/kBu8oD69IZQ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze

I actually like the way the Krieger looks a lot and I've been boycotting Benefactor, Obey, and Übermacht in GTA so far. (I have an irrational hatred towards Benz, Audi, and BMW.) Here's hoping the Emerus is better in all regards so I don't have to break my boycott. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mekong95
5 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

I actually like the way the Krieger looks a lot and I've been boycotting Benefactor, Obey, and Übermacht in GTA so far. (I have an irrational hatred towards Benz, Audi, and BMW.) Here's hoping the Emerus is better in all regards so I don't have to break my boycott. 😂

Same for me with the hate. But the Schlagen GT broke my boycott for being so well designed by Rockstar. Looking forward the Krieger thought. But looks like Emerus will be the superior one. So you can keep your collection obey, schlagen and ubermacht free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainMarvel
On 8/11/2019 at 9:49 PM, SummerFreeze said:

I actually like the way the Krieger looks a lot and I've been boycotting Benefactor, Obey, and Übermacht in GTA so far. (I have an irrational hatred towards Benz, Audi, and BMW.) Here's hoping the Emerus is better in all regards so I don't have to break my boycott. 😂

 

Let love in to your heart. 

 

Have you tried out the Schlaegen at all? Test drive? Maybe borrowing a friends to see how you might like it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
15 minutes ago, CaptainMarvel said:

Let love in to your heart. 

 

Have you tried out the Schlaegen at all? Test drive? Maybe borrowing a friends to see how you might like it?

Yes, I've driven it for one of Repo missions and during casino work.

 

Would be a nice car if it wasn't a Mercedes. 😂

 

Seriously though apart from my dislike for those brands, I'm not much of a fan of modern sports cars (or SUVs).

 

IMO the Krieger does look nice though for a GTA supercar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

I can't speak for the two fellows above, but as an American I've always found most German cars to be pretty tame and feminine looking. Except Porsche, I've yet to see a boring looking Porsche (The Cayan as an exception). The other German manufacturers have always seemed extremely bland to me, but have improved in recent years. The more modern German cars actually got me to take a look back at older gems that I may have overlooked, mostly what I assume are the classics. It just goes to show you shouldn't always judge a car by it's design and esthetics. Part of this also has to do with my interests shifting more into the functionality of cars over their appearances. Functionality is something the German's definitely have down to a science.

Edited by AUScowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dendrei

Please, tell me you can remove those "spoilers" :(

 

I don't like the way the doors open tho :/

 

In general, this car is beaaaaaaautiful. ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marciliojunior01
43 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

I can't speak for the two fellows above, but as an American I've always found most German cars to be pretty tame and feminine looking. Except Porsche, I've yet to see a boring looking Porsche (The Cayan as an exception). The other German manufacturers have always seemed extremely bland to me, but have improved in recent years. The more modern German cars actually got me to take a look back at older gems that I may have overlooked, mostly what I assume are the classics. It just goes to show you shouldn't always judge a car by it's design and esthetics. Part of this also has to do with my interests shifting more into the functionality of cars over their appearances. Functionality is something the German's definitely have down to a science.

For me is the opposite, 80s and 90s german sedans looks miles better than the current ones, the new M2 and M3 looks horrible specially with those overdone bumpers. I would say the M8 and Z4 are the only good looking bmws currently. When it comes to mercedes i still like the S class and with the right colors and no spoiler The AMG GT 4door. When it comes to porsche all of them look so similar that i don't really bother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

I agree about modern bimmers but I actually thing Mercedes cars look better than they ever have. Old Mercs look like frilly sardine cans to me. The classic M3 still looks like a sardine can, but it's grown on me to become a sexy little can over time lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattoropael

Part of the appeal of the older AMG/M cars is that you can look very boring, serious and business-like, while still packing a massive punch under that hood. (Barring homologation models like a 190E Evolution or M3 GTR)

 

I don't hate the more aggressive look that modern AMG and M cars have adopted, but they're slowly losing that sleeper appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marciliojunior01
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Mattoropael said:

Part of the appeal of the older AMG/M cars is that you can look very boring, serious and business-like, while still packing a massive punch under that hood. (Barring homologation models like a 190E Evolution or M3 GTR)

 

I don't hate the more aggressive look that modern AMG and M cars have adopted, but they're slowly losing that sleeper appeal.

Slowly is not the word i would use, you can clearly differenciate an M3 from a regular 330 nowadays, even people who dont like cars can easily spot the difference, specially now that you can put spoilers and stripes on them from the factory. The only real sleeper from bmw is the M8, looks very elegant but has 650 horses. 

Mercedes is also going on the same path, at least mercedes still has its luxury division which still makes their sedans attractive (at least for my taste). 

Edited by Marciliojunior01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
1 hour ago, dendrei said:

Please, tell me you can remove those "spoilers" :(

Yes, you can.

 

Supposedly the "fin remove" option also gives the traction benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

Ah, so a sleeper. The Oracle Classic probably fits that bill then, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aegonthetrueking

Can someone post some pics of one in bright orange and carbon street spoiler pls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7_han

As a fan of F1 and Mercedes-AMG, the Krieger's body styling is fine. R* is just missing out on the key points of the Mercedes-AMG ONE that make it a unique Hypercar in real life. The Sharkfin comes directly from F1 car design and is also a defining characteristic of the Mercedes-AMG ONE, that helps with stability at high speeds and in corners, it also cleaves the air when it reaches the rear wing so that it works more efficiently. The vents over the front wheel arches open up to put extra down force on the front axle. The two-stage active wing adds down force as well and, honestly not many cars have a two-stage active wing.

 

The Krieger looks fine, it's just missing a lot of what makes the Mercedes-AMG ONE the car that it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuturePastNow

Is there a grille option that removes the giant Benefactor emblem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.