Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Cudwieser

Gambling tips and tricks.

Recommended Posts

dragosani00
16 hours ago, Guest123456789 said:

Good Lord, you're the type of player that everyone avoids at the tables because you tend to lose us our money. It's hard enough to win with Basic Strategy, we don't need someone who only hits on 11 and never hits on a 13. It's obvious you've never gambled before and if you have...oh boy.

 

 

3: It doesn't matter what seat you choose, if you don't follow Basic Strategy you're liable to enrage any players that are, regardless.

Hehe that annoys the hell out of me on Live Casino tables. It will probably be amusing to troll other players by making stupid decisions if you have a few chips to burn though.

15 hours ago, Smokewood said:

google black jack strategy. It's the best game as far as the odds if you play it right.

I hope it's 6 deck, and not single deck. 

House edge is much smaller on single deck though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeagerbom

Been a dealer for 19 years and the best advice is to follow basic strategy when it comes to blackjack. If the dealer shows 7 or higher, always hit till you have at least 17. If it’s a 6 or less, don’t hit 12 or higher. The exception is if you have a 12 against a 2 or 3. Then you can hit. Always hit soft hands (ace and another card) if it’s 17 or lower. There are a lot of other more advanced rules for which I suggest looking up the strategy and you can find an easy to read chart. I’m just curious about how realistic the games will be. Is it actually going to be programmed to have 6 or 8 decks or will it just be random cards. If thats the case that strategy goes out the window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeagerbom

What I wanna know is why they decided to add 3-card poker!? It’s definitely not a high limit game. Sometimes I see people playing big money but on my boat the max bet is $100. Baccarat or craps would be a better choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
7 minutes ago, yeagerbom said:

but on my boat

lemme stop you there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzakiLeona

There is great universal system. It applies on most games. It has been proven both mathematically and in field.

It has 2 simple steps:

1) don't play the games

2) own the casino

Profit is guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
1 minute ago, OzakiLeona said:

Profit is guaranteed.

trump.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeagerbom
5 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

lemme stop you there

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Just now, yeagerbom said:

?

I mean like

 

You have a paddleboat!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeagerbom

No I work on a casino boat. No gambling in South Carolina so we gotta go out into federal waters to gamble. It’s stupid. State run lottery is fines but casinos are bad. 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, yeagerbom said:

No I work on a casino boat. No gambling in South Carolina so we gotta go out into federal waters to gamble. It’s stupid. State run lottery is fines but casinos are bad. 🤔 

Had to

 

 

 

On topic. Thanks for the chart. I'll be honest black jack was never really my game but I'm very intrigued. Talking of intrigue what is this I hear of trolling players on a black jack table with a bad strategy?

Edited by Cudwieser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

That bit in the Sopranos where Nucci keeps hitting on 17 and taking their paint 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser
4 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

That bit in the Sopranos where Nucci keeps hitting on 17 and taking their paint 😂

 

Alas that's one show I've not seen. TO AMAZON :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana
1 hour ago, yeagerbom said:

Been a dealer for 19 years and ...

Thanks for the tips and chart, appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeagerbom
1 hour ago, Cudwieser said:

Had to

 

 

 

On topic. Thanks for the chart. I'll be honest black jack was never really my game but I'm very intrigued. Talking of intrigue what is this I hear of trolling players on a black jack table with a bad strategy?

Good song!

It really depends on if they program the games to be super realistic if you could mess up other players cards or not. It’s a big difference between physical cards and a digital table. I never really trusted the digital games. Might as well be a slot machine. But you never know they could actually program all 312 cards in the shoe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
San_Sicario
2 hours ago, yeagerbom said:

Been a dealer for 19 years and the best advice is to follow basic strategy when it comes to blackjack. If the dealer shows 7 or higher, always hit till you have at least 17. If it’s a 6 or less, don’t hit 12 or higher. The exception is if you have a 12 against a 2 or 3. Then you can hit. Always hit soft hands (ace and another card) if it’s 17 or lower. There are a lot of other more advanced rules for which I suggest looking up the strategy and you can find an easy to read chart. I’m just curious about how realistic the games will be. Is it actually going to be programmed to have 6 or 8 decks or will it just be random cards. If thats the case that strategy goes out the window. 

I'm super curious how they programed it. I mean R* IS trying to make money. Can't exactly monitor card counters virtually (unless they can and you get virtually booted).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Russo

If you're doing the Slot Machines like me, pray to RNGesus. 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, yeagerbom said:

Good song!

It really depends on if they program the games to be super realistic if you could mess up other players cards or not. It’s a big difference between physical cards and a digital table. I never really trusted the digital games. Might as well be a slot machine. But you never know they could actually program all 312 cards in the shoe. 

True, but as you inferred most digital card games use random number generation. Add a PVP element and you minimise randomness, but as I've learned casinos tend more to quick turns and a false hope given by randomness (percieved or otherwise). I'd say there will be a superficial reality to most games, but ultimately the main games are just a lottery. Saying that though there is still room for skill in Poker and Blackjack by spotting your own failure and minimising and maximising different outcomes. Small bets on a bad hand and a stronger bet on a good hand in poker while hitting and standing at the right times in Blackjack. If you have 5 bad turns in a row, then leave otherwise play a steady roll until you faulter then leave. Never overstay a welcome.

Edited by Cudwieser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeagerbom
Posted (edited)

They people I see do the best are the ones have a good bet progression system. Play the cards consistent but vary the bets. If you do a flat bet all night you will eventually lose because the games are all designed so the house wins more hands than the player. Hardest part of blackjack is timing. 

Edited by yeagerbom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser
2 minutes ago, yeagerbom said:

They people I see do the best are the ones have a good bet progression system. Play the cards consistent but vary the bets. If you do a flat bet all night you will eventually lose because the games are all designed so the house wins more hands than the player. Hardest part of blackjack is timing. 

Poker has the same annoyance online with a nod to when to raise and when to call a bluff. While bluff is a possibility in a real game, online the bluff (while there) is second string to reading and playing your own hand. More often than not you're playing a sway from aggressive to conservative, but not inbetween. A real game has a ton of interplay possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xiled
17 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Counting a six-deck shoe is not easy, and something tells me rockstar are gonna use an infinite-deck shoe.

Tell that to Rain Man :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

Did anyone ever get rich gambling? Or maybe it'd be better to ask - did anyone stay rich? Maybe, I don't know. If you want to make money though, you're probably going to have to grind. Or glitch. Or cash cards. I don't see this being a big money making thing. Best treated as just something for fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Touge Spirit Leader
14 hours ago, PNutterSammich said:

Dude, which island are you going to buy and retire on?

 

 

 

As for me, don't worry. I have a system.

 

Ha.

LMAO I wish. My problem is I'm too chicken to be a real high roller. The most I was willing to lose was $20 and at around $450 I lost on a big hand and just cut my losses. Probably coulda done more but that ain't me sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dragosani00
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Did anyone ever get rich gambling? Or maybe it'd be better to ask - did anyone stay rich? Maybe, I don't know. If you want to make money though, you're probably going to have to grind. Or glitch. Or cash cards. I don't see this being a big money making thing. Best treated as just something for fun.

This - whatever game anyone playes on in the casino there is always a house edge and I very much doubt this casino will be any different. Knowing R* it's highly unlikely they have programmed in a RTP greater or equal to 100%, in fact the RTP is highy likely to be way lower than a proper casino as the games are not regulated so they can pretty much programme them how they want*. Even playing perfect strategy blackjack all it does is reduce the house edge, you'll always lose in the long run.

 

* - plus they're not going to want to risk getting accused of luring people into gambling addiction so for this reason I reckon the games will be heavily weighted towards the players losing.

Edited by dragosani00
Addee content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dragosani00 said:

Even playing perfect strategy blackjack all it does is reduce the house edge, you'll always lose in the long run.

Entirely not true, even before MIT and even now. Check out "Inside the Edge" on netflix.- it's not just card counting.

 

The very best can move the game to 51% in their favour, which will pay the bills. There's a reason advantage players are bounced.

Edited by Gridl0k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dragosani00
3 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

Entirely not true, even before MIT and even now. Check out "Inside the Edge" on netflix.- it's not just card counting.

 

The very best can move the game to 51% in their favour, which will pay the bills. There's a reason advantage players are bounced.

Interesting I will look that up.

 

I make a living from betting and trading sports odds & in the online communities I frequent the people who do the same from casino type stuff generally stay away from BJ as the max RTP even with perfect strategy makes it negative EV (Expected value) for gaming bonuses despite its low variance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dragosani00 said:

Interesting I will look that up.

 

I make a living from betting and trading sports odds & in the online communities I frequent the people who do the same from casino type stuff generally stay away from BJ as the max RTP even with perfect strategy makes it negative EV (Expected value) for gaming bonuses despite its low variance.

Oh you have to throw in abusing the comp system, weak dealers, all the tricks of the trade to get a good EV. But (especially as a team) casinos fear them. Once they're known they're f*cked.

Edited by Gridl0k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dragosani00
1 minute ago, Gridl0k said:

Oh you have to throw in abusing the comp system, weak dealers, all the tricks of the trade to get a good EV. But (especially as a team) casinos fear them. Once they're known they're f*cked.

Just looked but Inside the Edge is not on my Netflix (UK version). Looks like it is on Amazon Prime though which I don't have. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

Ah I downloaded it so wasn't sure which one :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DBrasco

How many trade on chips per purchased chip would be adviced? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.