Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Cudwieser

Gambling tips and tricks.

Recommended Posts

Cudwieser

With exception to slots (rules are pretty much spelled out and odds are very much fixed) and the wheel of fortune.

 

Is there any advice to be given for playing the other table games we know about. If more games become known then please use this thread. If anyone wants to post rules and regs and general rules of play here please do so as well as experiences and more experienced advise.

 

This thread is for the casino games only.

 

P.S many may know how to play the casino games, but some may be new and there's nothing wrong with some solicited advice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shrreder

First and most important rule:

 

The House always wins.

 

OT: From what we know so far, the easiest game to understand is roulette. Place chips on a number, color, or the "odds" or "evens", and hope that the ball lands on wherever you placed your chips at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
San_Sicario
Posted (edited)

Always hit on 11, never hit on 13. I hope they let us split and double up on Blackjack.

 

Also, if you're new to Blackjack, don't sit at the corner seats. You can f*ck it up for everyone else. Best seat to force a dealer bust.

Edited by San_Sicario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames

I'm sure they'll let us split and double up, iirc we can do that in RDR2. 

 

Watch "21" for a quick course on how to count cards! 



JK, good movie to get you in the casino mood though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slowburn29
2 hours ago, Shrreder said:

First and most important rule:

 

The House always wins.

The only advice you'll need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser

The house may always win, but some lose quicker than others. This is a thread that will hopefully give the house a challenge. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana

Honestly i hope they explain the card games to me several times, never even played normal poker and not sure i know the 'value' of the non-number cards 🤔😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, suicidal_banana said:

Honestly i hope they explain the card games to me several times, never even played normal poker and not sure i know the 'value' of the non-number cards 🤔😅

Face cards are the most valuable in ascending order from J,Q,K. Ace is a trick card, either being highest or lowest  when playing for a straight (5 cards in consecutive rank order). Ace is usually played as the highest card with a view to get a straight from 10,J,Q,K,A, but Ace can be played A,2,3,4,5 where it is given anominal value of 1. While this isn't ideal, given that a straight is often the most likely hand to win a pot, out ranking more common hands like Pairs, Two Pairs and 3 of a kind, the trick of Ace placement is a skill worth learning.

 

Edited by Cudwieser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PkUnzipper
2 hours ago, Shrreder said:

First and most important rule:

 

The House always wins.

 

OT: From what we know so far, the easiest game to understand is roulette. Place chips on a number, color, or the "odds" or "evens", and hope that the ball lands on wherever you placed your chips at.

But tbh the reality is modders will find a way to acquire all the chips they can get. Be it spending millions of GTA$ directly to buy safe load worth of chips, duping, or by some other mod menu cheat means. Go on a gambling spree which will flood (and ultimately devalue) the casino economy with their counterfeit chips. And destroy casino economy just like they did the game economy back in the #yoloswag playa days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cudwieser
4 minutes ago, PkUnzipper said:

But tbh the reality is modders will find a way to acquire all the chips they can get. Be it spending millions of GTA$ directly to buy safe load worth of chips, duping, or by some other mod menu cheat means. Go on a gambling spree which will flood (and ultimately devalue) the casino economy with their counterfeit chips. And destroy casino economy just like they did the game economy back in the #yoloswag playa days.

There never was an economy. It ain't real. Too many caveats and cheats before modders simply went from A-B and cut out the deceit we all pretend is true for the sake of our amusement. Or to put it another way, who gives a sh*t. I'm here for the game and what others do don't matter to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames

I recommend watching CasinoTop10 videos on YouTube. They're a few years old but have quick how to and strategy guides for 3 card poker, blackjack, and roulette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzie

Don't cheat

TalkativePowerfulClownanemonefish-size_r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, San_Sicario said:

Always hit on 11, never hit on 13. I hope they let us split and double up on Blackjack.

 

Also, if you're new to Blackjack, don't sit at the corner seats. You can f*ck it up for everyone else. Best seat to force a dealer bust.

It depends on the dealer's upcard; you generally always want to double down with 11, which means that you place an additional bet and only take one additional card. With 10, you will want to double down if the dealer is showing 2-9, but only hit if they're showing 10 or A. 13 is tricky; you usually want to stand if they're showing 2-6, but hit if they're showing 7-10 or A. Also, if you draw say a pair of 8s, always split them! In regards to the last seat, do not hit when holding 13-20 if the dealer is showing 3-6. You can sometimes hit with 12 if they're showing 2 or 3, but not if they're showing 4-6.

Edited by -LN-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Touge Spirit Leader

I don't feel like giving my whole run down right now but I just came back from a cruise and turned $20 into $300 throughout the course of the trip playing blackjack but the above post is very good advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dfqwaadfgds
4 hours ago, San_Sicario said:

Always hit on 11, never hit on 13. I hope they let us split and double up on Blackjack.

 

Also, if you're new to Blackjack, don't sit at the corner seats. You can f*ck it up for everyone else. Best seat to force a dealer bust.

Don't offer gambling advice when you've never gambled before. If HAVE gambled before, you're the type that people avoid as you will lose everyone at the table money.

1: You always DOUBLE on 11. You always hit on 13 if the Dealer has a 7,8,910,A. You stay if the Dealer has a bust card. 2: And it doesn't matter what position you play, you can f*ck it up for everyone by playing like a noob and not following Basic Strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest123456789
5 hours ago, San_Sicario said:

Always hit on 11, never hit on 13. I hope they let us split and double up on Blackjack.

 

Also, if you're new to Blackjack, don't sit at the corner seats. You can f*ck it up for everyone else. Best seat to force a dealer bust.

Good Lord, you're the type of player that everyone avoids at the tables because you tend to lose us our money. It's hard enough to win with Basic Strategy, we don't need someone who only hits on 11 and never hits on a 13. It's obvious you've never gambled before and if you have...oh boy.

 

1: You double on 11. It's called gambling for a reason and you have a good chance of hitting a 10 value. Doubling up on your money is always nice when it works.

2: You should hit on on 13,14,15,16 if the Dealer is holding a 7,8,9,10,A. Stay if the Dealer has a bust card.

3: It doesn't matter what seat you choose, if you don't follow Basic Strategy you're liable to enrage any players that are, regardless. People like to blame 3rd base for "screwing it up" for the table but that's just laying the blame. If 3rd base is playing properly but 2nd base is, for example, not hitting on a 13 when the dealer has an Ace showing, it's going to be 2nd base that screwed it up.

4: Wizardofodds is your new friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
7 hours ago, Cudwieser said:

With exception to slots (rules are pretty much spelled out and odds are very much fixed) and the wheel of fortune.

 

Is there any advice to be given for playing the other table games we know about. If more games become known then please use this thread. If anyone wants to post rules and regs and general rules of play here please do so as well as experiences and more experienced advise.

 

This thread is for the casino games only.

 

P.S many may know how to play the casino games, but some may be new and there's nothing wrong with some solicited advice :)

google black jack strategy. It's the best game as far as the odds if you play it right.

I hope it's 6 deck, and not single deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clancy the Bandito

how come you don't want the corner seats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

There is no such thing as a 'system' for roulette. None at all. If you believe there is, worry.

 

Also I'm gonna be gathering some stats on these games of chance, because rockstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro

Here's a little trick
 

longer version here:

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Posted (edited)

Counting a six-deck shoe is not easy, and something tells me rockstar are gonna use an infinite-deck shoe.

Edited by Gridl0k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whywontyoulisten
7 hours ago, Guest123456789 said:

Good Lord, you're the type of player that everyone avoids at the tables because you tend to lose us our money. It's hard enough to win with Basic Strategy, we don't need someone who only hits on 11 and never hits on a 13. It's obvious you've never gambled before and if you have...oh boy.

 

1: You double on 11. It's called gambling for a reason and you have a good chance of hitting a 10 value. Doubling up on your money is always nice when it works.

2: You should hit on on 13,14,15,16 if the Dealer is holding a 7,8,9,10,A. Stay if the Dealer has a bust card.

3: It doesn't matter what seat you choose, if you don't follow Basic Strategy you're liable to enrage any players that are, regardless. People like to blame 3rd base for "screwing it up" for the table but that's just laying the blame. If 3rd base is playing properly but 2nd base is, for example, not hitting on a 13 when the dealer has an Ace showing, it's going to be 2nd base that screwed it up.

4: Wizardofodds is your new friend.

This is going to be 10 times worse than playing heists with randoms, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
7 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

This is going to be 10 times worse than playing heists with randoms, isn't it?

*playing blackjack*

"Sniper420yolo died"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Polynoid

Can you actually count cards in a 3 card-hand Poker? I know it's possible in Texas-Hold-Em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Posted (edited)

Poker requires a fair shuffle between each deal. One deck. (although tbh never come across 3CP before).

 

You can follow a high-value grouping through a weak shuffle but generally, no. 

Edited by Gridl0k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PNutterSammich
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Touge Spirit Leader said:

.....I just came back from a cruise and turned $20 into $300 throughout the course of the trip playing blackjack.....

Dude, which island are you going to buy and retire on?

 

 

 

As for me, don't worry. I have a system.

 

Ha.

Edited by PNutterSammich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxemburg
5 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

There is no such thing as a 'system' for roulette. None at all. If you believe there is, worry.

 

Also I'm gonna be gathering some stats on these games of chance, because rockstar.

TDU2 had a 'system". Worked well to make money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSpoon
22 minutes ago, Luxemburg said:

TDU2 had a 'system". Worked well to make money.

TDU2 probably had the 'nicest' roulette system I've seen in a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

Its true...

The House ALWAYS wins. Even if you win the House still wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blk95ta

You got to know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

And know when to run

 

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 7 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.