MOTW #141

LordStarship

Voting Time!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best mission of this week's competition?

• Unexpected Turnover - Huzaifa Khan
    • Wheels Hunt - XzeuX
    • The Fall - RithRake24
    • Operation: Wang Cars - Mikul

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2019 at 11:00 AM

LordStarship
5 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

@LordStarship

I have to say I’m really impressed with the way you’re hosting this MOTW. Future winners and hosts can learn from you. The topic design, the extension of deadline and your posts regarding the information about how you’re going to the review the missions have all been done very neatly and professionally, and I’d like to commend you on this. Well done, mate! 👍 

Thank you, Rith! I've tried to revive MOTW with some changes from the theme, deadline, and my review. I think it would be a much more interesting competition with a very different theme like Wang Cars. I hope the next MOTW will be as active as this MOTW!

• Like 2

LordStarship

Voting time, folks!

I speed it up due to some personal reasons. I hope you all don't mind. I apologize for this sudden change.

My review will be up several hours later, so you all can have fun voting before i kick it in!

• Like 3

I decided to review your missions too!
so...

Time for reviews!

1. Wheels Hunt by XzeuX

Spoiler

+ Introduction to the mission that says what we will be doing
+ Pretty good English in the mission
+- Lenght of the mission
- We don't get a car that helps to steal other vehicles
- Mission is extremely basic
- Not much going on in the introduction
- Not much action in whole mission except some stars and actors guarding the vehicles
- You won't always beat the mission cause of the timer
- Not much in the ending of the mission
- Basicly no story during the mission only stealing cars

So, the mission is good as a basic one don't really have a story
well it's like you must go somewhere take something and go back
during the whole mission, again not much is going on in the mission
but overall ain't bad just add some more story something that will make the mission harder
increase time limit and try to add something more to it like objects etc.
For me it's 3/10

2. The Fall by RithRake24

Spoiler

+ Great amount of cutscenes and dialogues between characters
+ Good english in the mission
+ Very well made introduction explains everything
+ Very well made ending
+ Sound effects
+ Usage of objects
+- Couple of ways to get on the wang cars roof some can be hard for someone who ain't a good driver in san andreas
+- Mission was pretty easy
- one bug at the begining can occur when actor walks but other peds blocks him and he never moves again
- I was missing some talking animation of Matt in the introduction
- Randomly occuring police sirens through the mission

Well, this mission is one of the best missions i played. Most of the things were very well made there were some bugs etc
but it is a very good mission also try to make fights harder, and check the audio and some of small things that can make a
difference but for me the mission deserves 8/10

3. Unexpected Turnover

Spoiler

+ Nicely done introduction
+ Using some objects to make the mission look better
+ You can take out the guards ina  stealth manner or in a loud manner
+ Nice addition of turning off the cameras and alarm
+ Sound effects
+- Relatively easy mission
- Killing Rifas and Police units is very easy
- Sometimes random big letters in some of words

Alright, this mission is another one of those very well made missions that i've ever played
worst thing about this mission is that is very easy to pass most of things i saw was only mistakes in
dialogues but okay, improve the difficulty and dialogues and keep up the good work
For me it's again 8/10

I hope you'll read them :~D

LordStarship

MY REVIEW FOR THE ENTRIES

Let's decide who gets my vote!

Unexpected Turnover (Huzaifa Khan)

Plot

A nice storyline between the Rifas boys got really deep into my mind. It's a nice plot to steal the cars for themselves, and the addition of Triads, Da Nang Boys, and even Grove Street caught me off guard, as the Rifas will eventually die 😢. Though i might ask that even if Grove made it through the San Fierro with the car, wouldn't the police already place some barricades or stingers in the border of Los Santos and San Fierro? They will be eventually caught as riding from SF to LS is a long way to go, so why would they steal the cars anyway? Besides of that, it was a really good plot. (2.5)

Gameplay 

A nice chaos-like with some sneak combination gameplay. Though i might ask, the invisible checkpoint is kind of a messy thing, like i got stuck when i was in the train tunnel for a few seconds and spotted the Triads lol. The shooting is a hell in a nutshell. It's just fantastic three-way battle with Triads and Da Nang Boys. The shooting with the Grove is easy, so i won't add it up. It's a nice setup and well done gameplay. (2.5)

Cinematic Shot

A perfect angle. Nicely done with the cinematics. However, a slight delay of each cutscenes kinda bothers me for a bit. The beginning cutscenes had too many teleport objectives i assume. Besides that, the nice end cinematic is just like the end of a movie with a very nice song. (1.5)

Aesthetic

It's just, very great. The addition of like the guards and stuff is pretty great. Nice decoration you got there, and keep it up! (2)

Overall, the mission is a very nicely done! It could get slight improvements with the cutscene and gameplay. It gets 8.5/10 from me!

Wheels Hunt (XzeuX)

I want to add this here. I didn't finish the mission yet. The mission is completely hard. 

Plot

Not that story-based, except for stealing because of works or something. (1)

Gameplay

This reminds me the exact same as Photo Opportunity. Getting a car or a bike basically far far away from your place. I got into the Linerunner one but with such slow car and cops are on your tail, i can't complete it. It's not very bad, but it could get a little boring for the car stealing from far far away. (1.5)

Cinematic Shot

This is pretty good. This will add itself on the point, since the cinematics are still well done besides the gameplay. (2)

Overall, the mission needs some improvement, in the gameplay, and maybe a little bit in the plot. It gets 4.5/10 from me!

The Fall (RithRake24)

Plot

A very nice plot addition with a small thug doing business with a powerful man. It reminds me of how the world works for a second. It's also a nice teammate combination between both Matt and Trent, even when they are just friends. The nice plot twist of Trent killing Matt is a wonderful addition to the plot. It's a very nice plot! (3)

Gameplay

A very nice gameplay where you need to destroy the Wang Cars and also kill the owner. The "get to the roof" part is kinda hard, but it's very doable for me. Also, the chasing around the city is just so Rockstar-like mission. What bothers me is that the shootout with Police. It's quite hard, and i had to use HESOYAM for that. It's fun at all but i think it's too hard with the shotguns and stuff. (2.5)

Cinematic Shot

This is perfect, just like Unexpected Turnover. The shots are pretty much covering all and also hiding some that will make an appearance later. The cutscene is a nicely done work! (2)

Aesthetic

Nicely done with the police things and the guards inside the car dealer. I like where one put so much work for only some objectives. (2)

Bugs/Errors

Sometimes, the owner's car will flip and explode when he tries to run away, killing Trent who jumped to him in the process. Some random police sirens also bugged me for a bit lol. (-0.5)

Overall, the mission is a very well done mission! Without the bug, it'd be slightly better, but it's amazing at this point. It gets 9/10 from me!

Operation: Wang Cars (Mikul)

Plot

Rifas with chopper and hacker, an amazing combination of them really makes the story interesting. A very nice addition of breakthrough the Wang Cars with the Rifas, especially with some unique characteristics. I didn't see any relation with the stolen chopper, though. Is it for landing on top of Wang Cars? I mean, the guards can shoot them down, like very easily. Also, only 4 people? And they manage to make it through? Well, i can't say it's unrealistic since yeah.. it's a game. (2.5)

Gameplay

Very well done gameplay. The nice not too difficult shootout with the guards are nice, but i got stuck on the hacker thing for a while. It's also a nice followup with the "follow your teammates to safety" thing. It's just the hacker thing that really makes me stuck for awhile until Mikul finally answers it in the discord. (2.5)

Cinematic Shot

The cinematic is very nice. It's a great angle just like Unexpected Turnover and The Fall. I don't have any complains about this one. (2)

Aesthetic

It's quite nice, but some of it needs improvements. It was a nice decoration with the camera, but i don't see quite a deco there. (1.5)

Overall, this mission is very well done. It could get some improvements with the tips and tricks on gameplay to help the player out. It gets 8.5/10 from me!

My vote goes to: THE FALL by RithRake24

Edited by LordStarship

NerdWithGuns

Lol yeah, I'm pretty busy this week, I don't even have enough time to think about the story, so yeah, will try to do better next time :)

• Like 3

Huzaifa khan

Thanks alot guys, for your respected reviews. I highly appreciated it. It's a comeback mission for me after 8 months gap, and seriously I've no ashmed about my creativity in this mission. I've done my job on high note just like I said in Discord. Cheers! :sly:

The vote of Skadryl must not be count according to Rules.. 

-Account must be at least 4 weeks old and has 20 posts made to be able to vote.

Edited by Huzaifa khan

LordStarship

IMPORTANT WARNING!!!

@dolarof @Skadryl

You have been notified because you have broken one of the rules of MOTW.

- Account must be at least 4 weeks old and has 20 posts made to be able to vote.

As a punishment, your vote WILL NOT count in this competition. 

Please read the rules for MOTW before you decide to vote/participate. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

Remember not to make the entry a part of a mission pack/storyline.

As for @Huzaifa khan, it's only a part of Gang Wars Pack.

As for @RithRake24, it's only the same universe as Old Friends Die Hard and What Pain Means.

Rules and Regulations for MOTW

Huzaifa khan

My Gang war MP is a randam mission series since 2014. It's not story series or any thing. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Huzaifa khan said:

My Gang war MP is a randam mission series since 2014. It's not story series or any thing. 

Yes, LordStarship was merely pointing out why your mission and my mission are allowed :D 

Also, just want to point out something. You are allowed to create sequels for your MOTW mission and turn it into a Mission Pack, but you are not allowed to create a mission already part of an existing Mission Pack and use it for MOTW. My mission is allowed since it's not directly part of any MP, despite it being in the same universe as my other MPs What Pain Means and Old Friends Die Hard, as LordStarship pointed out. 

Edited by RithRake24
  • Like 1

uaRcYIh.png

MOTW #141

MISSION REVIEWS

@XzeuX

Wheels Hunt

Spoiler

REVIEW

When I first started the mission and realised that the main objective was going to be about collecting cars, I was initially quite excited since it had been quite a while since I actually played a similar mission. However, as soon as I saw the 20-minute time limit and the fact the first car was positioned way down in Blueberry, I couldn't help but sigh to myself. Please do not take this personally but the mission was long, draggy and boring. The main idea was pretty good, but it could have been implemented way better in order to keep players interested. @LordStarship mentioned most of what I would have mentioned here. The time limit was honestly very strict and the long drives to the locations were boring. I already did my fair share of ridiculously long routes in GTA SA's main storyline and definitely wasn't looking for a repeat of that. I found myself spawning Hydras using the JUMPJET cheat to get to the vehicle locations in order to combat my boredom. The little scenarios that you provided such as the occasional enemies guarding the vehicles did little to increase the amount of interest that you could generate with this mission. Unfortunately, I'd have to give this mission a meagre 3/10, but I'm sure you're a designer who is capable of way more than just that!

HOW TO IMPROVE

To be honest, there are many ways this mission could have been made better while keeping the main idea of the mission intact: collecting cars. Firstly, the cars could have been placed closer around Wang Cars, so that the drives that are required to reach them are fairly shorter. Additionally, you could have shown your abilities with object placement by creatively creating newly designed locations for the cars, or created real-life situations like stealing a car from a car race that is about to happen, or stealing a car from a gang who is having a gang meet without being seen. These situations would have worked wonders in increasing the visual and gameplay interest in your mission. You are a designer with a lot of potential and you could definitely have done that!

@Huzaifa khan

Unexpected Turnover

Spoiler

REVIEW

I loved it! From the very start, the presentation of the mission was masterful, with scintillating cutscene angles and camera movements. The scenery around Wang Cars was designed beautifully, and I can't stress enough on how much I enjoy playing missions where objects and actors are usely creatively to breathe life into a location that already exists in the game. The sparks next to the cars were effective in creating an inaugural feel and the photographers clicking away at the cars were a nice touch. And then there's the area behind Wang Cars; amazingly designed. The generators, the vehicles, the guards performing their animations and pacing back and forth; the place felt well and truly alive. The only thing that was missing was showing how the gangsters got to the area behind the showroom: I'm guessing they took a ladder up into the area from a train tunnel under it? I may be wrong here of course. The stealth combat was fun and I also liked the element of deactivating the camera (and the sound effect that came with it!) Throughout the mission the cutscene angles were amazing and professional, and a treat to the eyes. It's not clear why the player was tasked to place bombs on the front cars but I'm assuming it's to distract the guards and/or kill them. The three-way battle between the gangs was chaotic, and I loved it. And finally, the postioning of the police cars and the final fight as the Grove Street members was equally fun too, though at this point I was slowly getting tired of shooting. My rating for you is 8/10; I am extremely impressed by what you have created.

HOW TO IMPROVE

There is not much to write here, to be honest. I reckon that the frequent switching of the main character was confusing and sort of broke the illusion of continuity at times, but this is a nitpick and may not be a problem for most other players. The mission was great and it deserves its rating.

@Mikul

Operation: Wang Cars

Spoiler

REVIEW

This was another very well created mission. The plot was good and even slightly similar to Huzaifa's too, except that it didn't involve a huge number of gangs battling it out! The idea of the hacking cameras objectives using a camera was pretty unique, however, realistically I don't think it's that easy to remotely hack cameras, unless it sort of emits a wireless signal that can be intercepted and messed with, but maybe I'm just overthinking this like I usually do. The hacking of the alarm system was confusing since the 8 ball that you have to photograph somehow disappeared and I was stuck in that room, forcing me to replay the mission. I also didn't understand why I was teleported to that room, too, it seemed unnatural. The gunfight was fun. I liked the end of the mission where you are tasked to follow your accomplices back to your hideout. Overall, very neat mission. One thing I noticed in your mission is your repeated use of smooth cutscenes. They look aesthetically pleasing but honestly I think you overused them, and it became repititive soon enough and started to feel fairly ordinary. Also, for dialogues, try to follow the 180 degree rule of cinematography so that the position of the actors do not appear confusing to the viewer. Your mission commands an 7/10 from me, and the only reason why it earned a rating 1 lesser than Huzaifa's mission is because of the fact that the aesthetics, even though amazingly done, was still slightly inferior to Huzaifa's. His mission handled objects slightly better in my opinion, and looked just slightly better. I hope you're happy with the rating! It really was an excellent mission.

HOW TO IMPROVE

Not much you can improve upon, apart from what I told you above about the cutscenes. Also, you could try to use more objects in order to make the location feel more alive.

My vote goes to @Huzaifa khan for his mission Unexpected Turnover.

It was a close battle between him and @Mikul but I felt that his mission was very slightly better. Well done, Huzaifa! Keep making amazing missions!

Edited by RithRake24

At the time of voting, XzeuX had 19 content count. That's still less than 20 which unfortunately excludes his vote.

• Like 3

LordStarship
1 hour ago, omigawail said:

At the time of voting, XzeuX had 19 content count. That's still less than 20 which unfortunately excludes his vote.

Then shall be it.
@XzeuX's vote won't count.

• Like 2

LordStarship

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

@RithRake24

AS THE WINNER OF MOTW #141 WITH THE MISSIONThe Fall

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS WEEK'S MOTW!!!

• Like 3

@LordStarship Thanks for being an amazing host. I am extremely glad to have won this edition of the MOTW! Thanks for all those who voted for me and I'm glad that you guys enjoyed my mission!

I'd also like to commend @Mikul and @Huzaifa khan for making highly impressive and fun missions which I enjoyed playing a lot, and I'd also like to sincerely thank and acknowledge @XzeuX for participating and giving us a glimpse of your good future potential in designing. Hopefully you guys will be able to participate in the next MOTW too.

The thread for the next MOTW will go up as soon as possible, and I hope to be able to give you a good theme :D.

• Like 4

LordStarship

I'll be waiting! Next MOTW, i will definitely participate!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LordStarship said:

i will definitely participate!

^^ 

• Like 2