2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
n1tr0t0m

Aircraft Camera Angle Issues

n1tr0t0m

Hello everyone,

In this thread, I want to inform people here about a very serious issue (for us at least).This has been going on since Rockstar released the doomsday heist update so almost 2 years.(tl;dr at the bottom If anyone doesn't care about this)

I am not too sure If most people would know this but at least anyone that loves flying in GTA must have noticed this by now.

The issue is about the limitation of the camera angle on Aircrafts.Yes,I know It sounds complex as hell but trust me this is as frustrating as the
most ridiculous thing Rockstar have done to this day that is the advanced handling flags.So you can imagine how this affects the people who love to fly jets. That's why I decided to inform people here to make this issue more known.So here It goes:

If you push the right stick to below your aircraft to its max , you would notice that It stops at a weird angle and you can't see your aircraft directly below that much. To notice this more clearly , you need to use the farthest camera , set your third person look around sensivity to max and making sure your vehicle camera height is at low. This is most noticable when using a P-996 lazer.You just need to make sure your settings are somewhat like I mentioned.Tough It doesn't have to be.Only the vehicle camera height should be low.

Before the doomsday update , we could move our camera directly (I mean 90 degree angle) below our aircraft but that changed with the update.My friend calculated that currently the max camera angle we can achieve is about 48 degrees (He said he could be wrong on the numbers tho.) compared to the 90 degrees before.

Here is the comparison :

https://imgur.com/nhkeTBy

So you can see that there has been definitely something that happened to the camera angle and now It's severly limited now.

The friend I mentioned earlier contacted Rockstar Support team recently about this thinking It was a technical issue because there is absolutely nothing that mentions limiting the maximum camera angle.

The doomsday heist patch notes : https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/115015785308/GTAV-Title-Update-1-42-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

The dialogue with Rockstar support :

https://imgur.com/KwFrw1i

Then my friend's reply :

https://imgur.com/PjoO5J0

They reply again :

https://imgur.com/JEuutSb

As you can see,they acknowledged the situation but It turns out that It was intentional all along.So why wasn't something like this even mentioned in the first place ?

There is a sentence that tells something about the camera angles in the fixed issues section.Here it is :

-Fixed an issue that resulted in players experiencing erratic camera angles after requesting a personal vehicle while in an aircraft.

This isn't even about the camera angle limit change because the camera was normal until the doomsday heist and additionaly It wasn't an issue and certainly not something erratic lol.It was the original one.Also something like this has to be mentioned in the New Features/Updates section.Not in fixed issues.

If you want to really know the truth, the camera limit doesn't affect just jets.Helicopters,Boats,Oppressor mk2 and even all of the land vehicles. It isn't noticable while using land vehicles because you can't possibly move your camera below your car or whatever.

I made a video that compares the camera angles before and after DDH update and how it is the same for other types of vehicles and how it affects plane fights.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xADmQjLivQg

So to wrap up things,basically the camera angle limit of aircrafts(every single vehicle but It's only noticable on aircrafts) was altered with the release of doomsday heist update and hasn't been changed to original again after that.I understand that to most people here,this isn't even of importance and It looks like we are trying so hard for something so trivial.

While engaging in a dogfight,you want to see your opponent as much as possible so you can counter whatever move he makes.We used to use the below camera to see the opponent and make our next move but Rockstar completely ruined it by limiting the camera angle.So we can't dogfight as efficiently as It used to be and to us who just love to fly jets etc. this is frustrating.Like I said earlier this is just like the advanced handling flags ( as in it ruins something important for us and makes things horrible.)

I and a number of people are going to give our feedback to rockstar about this and I thought I need to inform people here that something like this exists. You could simply copy the things I said and paste it to the feedback page in addition with the link to the video I made. Or at the very least know that Rockstar F'ed up the camera and It isn't what It used to be.

Here is the feedback page : https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback?step=32aa8266

Thank you for reading all of this unreasonably long thread and paying attention to this matter.

tl;dr : Rockstar completely f*cked up the camera angle of aircrafts and I am crying about it here to make it more known.

Edited by Mach1bud

CarimboHanky

i never notice this because i only fly in first person, but hope they fix it.

StormerBoy

I thought I was imagining things tbh, let's get it f*cking fixed.

joel15cat

They deleted to the Up and down fly icons. They didnt care.

Hazzardtohimself

Feedback left. Needs to be fixed!

Thanks to yourself and @Happy Hunter for the illustrative videos. 

CrysisAverted

Rockstar loves removing/nerfing/changing things for the worse as the game goes on don't they. I hope they fix it.

Arrows to Athens

So they indicate that they are bothered to look into it and fix it, but when I submit a bug report (God mode), they just say to report the player?

f*ck this company.

Voodoo-Hendrix
3 hours ago, joel15cat said:

They deleted to the Up and down fly icons. They didnt care.

This is specially annoying when against an Oppressors Mk II, without any way to know if they're under or above you, dealing with them becomes harder and more annoying.

Amy Vinewood

I knew something got changed, I just couldn't figure out what got changed.
I've been using first person ever since because of this

5 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

This is specially annoying when against an Oppressors Mk II, without any way to know if they're under or above you, dealing with them becomes harder and more annoying.

This exactly. I just count on that they cant climb very fast, so now I gain some height quickly then I know they are under me. Not a good "fix" tbh

Xiled

Another change not in patch notes :( Didnt they also change the blips where you dont know if anyone is above/below you? 

Edited by Xiled

Gridl0k
5 hours ago, Xiled said:

Another change not in patch notes :( Didnt they also change the blips where you dont know if anyone is above/below you? 

Yes, and that change also made the final checkpoint in the Prison Break finale (where you parachute from) sometimes appear to be underwater, which noobs react to... badly.

Happy Hunter

I am just a helicopter, but this change makes it harder to focus on jets flying down to you from directly above. Which is one of the biggest - if not the biggest - threats a helicopter has.

Mrs. Buzz

My explosive sniper can fix that for you

/s

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

I am just a helicopter, but this change makes it harder to focus on jets flying down to you from directly above. Which is one of the biggest - if not the biggest - threats a helicopter has.

This^^

Сhrist

Thank you for making this thread. Dogfighting has become absolute cancer thanks to this stupid camera change. Let’s get this out there, guys!

Edited by Сhrist

Maddened_Ghost

I actually thought I am imagining things due to me not playing as much lately, but this makes sense.

Hopefully they fix it, although by looking at how things are going, it might be a little to late for them to fix this by now.

But here is hoping.

Gridl0k

This sounds like an intentional change so yeah, don't hold your breath.

Voodoo-Hendrix
On 7/14/2019 at 6:07 AM, Gridl0k said:

It might be intentional but the real question is "why?"

R* has a tendency to fix what is not broken and to not fix what is broken.

joel15cat
On 7/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Gridl0k said:

When it is a change like this it appears in the patch notes.
What is the point of eliminating heigh icons when you are flying on an aircraft but not when you are on foot? 
With updates they add errors inadvertently and both are not intentionally.

Not to mention that if you go in 1st person flying very fast and you invite a friend the game creates a basic NPC in front of you and you crash with him. 
They don't know how to fix it.

Gridl0k
2 hours ago, joel15cat said:

When it is a change like this it appears in the patch notes.

The patch notes stopped being comprehensive a few updates ago, sadly.