2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
HighTuned

Is MOC worth after buying Terrorbyte?

HighTuned

I returned to game after while, my goal was an Oppressor so I wanted to buy MOC to get a lower price and to be able to buy explosive sniper. But now Terrorbyte unlocks Oppressor mk II lower price and also has a workshop. Is there any reason to buy MOC in this case? I'm not interested in modyfing military vehicles from gunrunning DLC.

Polynoid
Posted (edited)

The MOC cab is one of the best armored vehicles in game and will take 10 missiles before exploding.

I'd say, with combination of AP pistol, it's worth the purchase.

You could pull off a sale mission in a Oppressor griefer lobby with this one.

Edited by Polynoid

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HighTuned said:

I returned to game after while, my goal was an Oppressor so I wanted to buy MOC to get a lower price and to be able to buy explosive sniper. But now Terrorbyte unlocks Oppressor mk II lower price and also has a workshop. Is there any reason to buy MOC in this case? I'm not interested in modifying military vehicles from gunrunning DLC

Short answer: No, you don't really need a MOC anymore. It has been made redundant by the Avenger.

You also don't really need the MOC cab anymore, as the Phantom Wedge has been buffed and is now more capable in that sell mission (unless you just hate that wedge)

I bought the MOC back in the day when it was new, but I don't really use it on sell missions.

If you only need the weapon workshop, the Terrorbyte will suffice. Just keep in mind that the Terrorbyte's vehicle workshop can only mod the Oppressor Mk2, nothing else.

The Arena has an optional weapon workshop too, but can not modify the weaponized vehicles from Gunrunning and Doomsday DLC.

If you want to mod those vehicles, you need either an Avenger or a MOC. Apart from Mobile Operations, the Avenger can do everything that the MOC can, plus the Avenger has a wardrobe.

You probably already have a bunker for the research.

If you have a Doomsday Facility, just get an Avenger instead of a MOC, should you ever need it. If you only have a bunker, you might want to consider the MOC.

At the end of the day, the only thing you'd miss by not owning a MOC would be the Mobile Operations (those missions from Gunrunning where you unlock trade prices for some vehicles you weren't interested in)

comparison between MOC, Avenger, Terrorbyte and Arena:

Spoiler

MOC:

• optional vehicle workshop
  • optional weapon workshop
  • mobile operations
  • requires Bunker

Avenger:

• it flies
  • requires Doomsday Facility

Terrorbyte:

• optional oppressor mk2 workshop
  • optional drone station
  • requires Nightclub

Arena:

Edited by AirWolf359

Polynoid

MOC cab excels in close PvP - it's not restricted to the selling mission, unlike the Wedge.

KittySteph

Don't get an oppressor 2 they ruin the game!!!

Kushology
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KittySteph said:

Now they'll get it.. Great job.

Also I'm in favour of getting the MOC for Griefer filled lobbies or running the Wedge sale or Haulage.

Edited by Kushology

KittySteph
1 minute ago, Kushology said:

Now they'll get it.. Great job.

😪

Kushology
28 minutes ago, KittySteph said:

😪

It's okay, wipe that tear away my darlin'.

They can't hurt you in passive. 😁

KittySteph
25 minutes ago, Kushology said:

It's okay, wipe that tear away my darlin'.

They can't hurt you in passive. 😁

They can blow up my deliveries and spoil all the free roam activities tho 😑😑

whywontyoulisten

Haulage with the MOC cab is always fun if you like to receive "hacker" messages because Nooby Mk2 can't blow you or the trailer up.

Kushology
Just now, whywontyoulisten said:

can't blow you

Wait..

KittySteph
1 minute ago, Kushology said:

Wait..

😂🤣

ilovefreebird
4 hours ago, Polynoid said:

The MOC cab is one of the best armored vehicles in game and will take 10 missiles before exploding.

I'm not aware of how many non-homing missiles it takes, but it can be hit 69 times with homing missiles (from homing launcher, Deluxo, Oppressor, etc.) before blowing up. It's pretty insane.

Mmcd

At 40% off, Id get it. At the normal price, hell no.

TicTac2930

I rarely use my MOC its nice to show off with the Bald Eagle livery on it thats about it. 

Sanches

If you're looking for nearly unstoppable semi-truck, then go for MOC.

HighTuned
9 hours ago, Polynoid said:

I'd say, with combination of AP pistol, it's worth the purchase.

You could pull off a sale mission in a Oppressor griefer lobby with this one.

8 hours ago, AirWolf359 said:

Short answer: No, you don't really need a MOC anymore. It has been made redundant by the Avenger.

You also don't really need the MOC cab anymore, as the Phantom Wedge has been buffed and is now more capable in that sell mission (unless you just hate that wedge)

I bought the MOC back in the day when it was new, but I don't really use it on sell missions.

If you only need the weapon workshop, the Terrorbyte will suffice. Just keep in mind that the Terrorbyte's vehicle workshop can only mod the Oppressor Mk2, nothing else.

The Arena has an optional weapon workshop too, but can not modify the weaponized vehicles from Gunrunning and Doomsday DLC.

If you want to mod those vehicles, you need either an Avenger or a MOC. Apart from Mobile Operations, the Avenger can do everything that the MOC can, plus the Avenger has a wardrobe.

You probably already have a bunker for the research.

If you have a Doomsday Facility, just get an Avenger instead of a MOC, should you ever need it. If you only have a bunker, you might want to consider the MOC.

At the end of the day, the only thing you'd miss by not owning a MOC would be the Mobile Operations (those missions from Gunrunning where you unlock trade prices for some vehicles you weren't interested in)

comparison between MOC, Avenger, Terrorbyte and Arena:

Reveal hidden contents

MOC:

• mobile operations
  • requires Bunker

Avenger:

• it flies
  • requires Doomsday Facility

Terrorbyte:

• optional oppressor mk2 workshop
  • optional drone station
  • requires Nightclub

Arena:

Wait, you can use MOC or Wedge in sell missions? I sold like twice from bunker using standard Insurgents. Normally I use the bunker to research because I haven't unlocked explosive sniper yet. How do I change the truck that is used to sell? That would actually be a good reason to buy it.

7 hours ago, KittySteph said:

I have to buy it to defend myself. I'm not the kind of guy who ruins the game. However in the past games number of griefers has increased. Yesterday for example I was casually driving new stolen car to garage and random guy shot me when I was low because of npcs. He took my car and I couldn't do anything to stop him. I only had my personal/special vehicle, which would take so long to spawn and Buzzard, which I chose. But rockets weren't homing in that case and I just couldn't hit him manually. I might be noob but I couldn't hit him with those slow rockets while also evading all the lamps, bridges etc.

Also, I'm net to forums, how do I edit my post? 😅

Big Molio

The fully modded up Hauler MOC cab with the armoured screen is excellent for "Haulage". Just hook up that trailer and race to the delivery point, no problem.

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, HighTuned said:

Wait, you can use MOC or Wedge in sell missions? I sold like twice from bunker using standard Insurgents. Normally I use the bunker to research because I haven't unlocked explosive sniper yet. How do I change the truck that is used to sell? That would actually be a good reason to buy it.

There are 6 different random sell missions, only one of which is the Phantom Wedge. You don't really need the MOC cab just for that mission, the phantom wedge serves you just fine, as long as you're careful with it.

Although, if you also plan to play Haulage with it, that would be a better reason to buy it.

8 hours ago, KittySteph said:

48 minutes ago, HighTuned said:

I have to buy it to defend myself. I'm not the kind of guy who ruins the game. However in the past games number of griefers has increased. Yesterday for example I was casually driving new stolen car to garage and random guy shot me when I was low because of npcs. He took my car and I couldn't do anything to stop him. I only had my personal/special vehicle, which would take so long to spawn and Buzzard, which I chose. But rockets weren't homing in that case and I just couldn't hit him manually. I might be noob but I couldn't hit him with those slow rockets while also evading all the lamps, bridges etc.

Also, I'm net to forums, how do I edit my post? 😅

You can only edit posts when you reach full member status, at 20 posts I believe.

About the Oppressor Mk2, same here, I think they ruin the game, and even more so when you don't have your own. I never needed it before I started getting attacked by them. It is so OP that everyone feels they need it. If no-one had it, no-one would need it. I was happily grinding in my Buzzard, Hydra and Deluxo before, and the Oppressor Mk2 made all 3 redundant. Not to mention the massive double paywall Rockstar put it behind (at least the defensive part).

Edited by AirWolf359

HighTuned
17 hours ago, AirWolf359 said:

There are 6 different random sell missions, only one of which is the Phantom Wedge. You don't really need the MOC cab just for that mission, the phantom wedge serves you just fine, as long as you're careful with it.

Although, if you also plan to play Haulage with it, that would be a better reason to buy it.

You can only edit posts when you reach full member status, at 20 posts I believe.

About the Oppressor Mk2, same here, I think they ruin the game, and even more so when you don't have your own. I never needed it before I started getting attacked by them. It is so OP that everyone feels they need it. If no-one had it, no-one would need it. I was happily grinding in my Buzzard, Hydra and Deluxo before, and the Oppressor Mk2 made all 3 redundant. Not to mention the massive double paywall Rockstar put it behind (at least the defensive part).

Okay, thank you for all the informations

hugh750
Posted (edited)

all i can say is don't get a mk2 oppressor (it's really a hated vehicle) because griefers use them to attack other players and destroy crates and ruin mc club business sales.

you can buy a terrorbyte as well as a moc (with the terrorbyte you can do missions and buy crates).

Edited by hugh750

Voile, theMagicLibrary

Get the Phantom wedge instead. 

Smokewood

Get both.. why not?

whywontyoulisten
10 hours ago, hugh750 said:

all i can say is don't get a mk2 oppressor (it's really a hated vehicle) because griefers use them to attack other players and destroy crates and ruin mc club business sales.

That's a sh*t reason to not buy one of the most useful tools in the game.

wizooord

The MOC has on option for 1 garage slot. So yeah, worth it if you're maxed out on space everywhere else.

I use mine to store my Oppressor. Or rather, hide it from my sight.

jazzbone

The mk2 Opressor? It flys and you can have it delivered like a car. No active ceo status needed. Expensive yes, but very very usefull.

Griefing is easy with one for sure, but griefing is an option. In private lobbies griefing is also not an issue.

hugh750
15 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

That's a sh*t reason to not buy one of the most useful tools in the game.

then why do a lot of griefers use it to attack other players??🤔

Big Corleone
3 hours ago, hugh750 said:

then why do a lot of griefers use it to attack other players??🤔

because Rockstar doesn't know how to balance the game's 50g pulling missiles or how to set a cooldown for the mk2 without being easily accessible from the Motorcycle club vehicle spawn system the moment the flying bike starts smoking. Players will exploit it because they can.

On another note I find the oppressor mk2 far more useful for traversing the large map when doing Sightseer, the Terrorbyte client jobs and supply runs. It excels there more than a helicopter imo.  Though I wish this game was more realistic and didn't have a bloat of ultra Saints row inspired vehicles and weapons, I also don't want grinds to be more tedious and mind numbing with the long journeys in between, guess I can't have an in between!

Mrs. Buzz
17 hours ago, wizooord said:

The MOC has on option for 1 garage slot. So yeah, worth it if you're maxed out on space everywhere else.

I use mine to store my Oppressor. Or rather, hide it from my sight.

I've stored an Akula there.... very useful n' fun™ for heists (just saying) ;)

Rebel_Scum
4 hours ago, Big Corleone said:

because Rockstar doesn't know how to balance the game's 50g pulling missiles or how to set a cooldown for the mk2 

I disagree because personal vehicles requested from the mechanic have a cooldown. The Fully Loaded Ruiner2000 has a cooldown.