Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

AnimalFather

Cyberpunk will challenge GTA for the open world King

Recommended Posts

t-p-d-a

Cyperpunk has a big mouth... Rockstar Games will just release a Teaser of GTA VI.. that's it, nothin more... and i like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Copcaller

Nah cyberpunk is like witcher 3 a story driven rpg with a open world that emphasizes on choices to make you feel immersed in their world where rockstar is a open world crime sandbox genre I don't think you'll be able to mow down random civilians in cyberpunk . Theres some overlap but each game is gonna sell millions and millions of copies plenty of dough for everyone. 

 

That said cd project could definitely teach rockstar a thing or two when it comes to being more ethical to your consumers and workers.

 

Tl Dr cyberpunk wants to be like a open world tabletop rpg while gta wants to be a open world crime sandbox genre 

Edited by Copcaller
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

 

R* when they see CDPR and Cyberpunk.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger

Looking back at this thread it's still funny how people are so optimistic that Cyberpunk will never dethrone the almighty R* and GTA 6

 

Fast forward to 2020, Dan Houser left R*, RDR2 and RDO is still plagued with bugs and both game is pretty much dead, GTA V is still getting milked and will be first next-gen game they're going to release, and still no info about GTA 6. Meanwhile CDPR is still consumer-friendly as usual, and CP77 will be released soon

  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
On 7/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, Zello said:

I wish the next GTA would come out in 2020 so it could go head to head with Cyberpunk 2077 for the GOTY awards. It'd be like watching two undefeated boxers go up against each other.

Sad that this isn't happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyeballs

Cyberpunk is not a gta game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GRINCH ASS BITCH
Posted (edited)

This reminds me of the "Watchdogs will kill GTA" threads that used to pop up back before GTAV's release. I'm seriously hyped for Cyberpunk, but there's no doubt in my mind that it'll go the same route as all of the other supposed 'GTA killers.' Despite the fact that quite a few of the posters on this site (myself included) don't even like/play GTAV or GTAO anymore, I know, just as well as all of you, that the moment R* even breathes 'GTAVI', the gaming world will come to a halt, just like it did on October 25th, 2011 (or was it the 26th? I don't remember).

Edited by GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

This reminds me of the "Watchdogs will kill GTA" threads that used to pop up back before GTAV's release. I'm seriously hyped for Cyberpunk, but there's no doubt in my mind that it'll go the same route as all of the other supposed 'GTA killers.' 

There's a bit of a difference between those "GTA killers" and Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is an RPG many of those other titles weren't and I mean RPG in the traditional sense with skills, levels, character classes, dialogue options, and branching storylines.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
Posted (edited)

Ever since Rockstar has adopted the strange path of having heavily scripted games that restrict player's freedom, combined with open-world sandbox nature that is supposed to ironically promote player freedom, I think its competitors have a chance to make R* sweat a little. Because the pure sandbox freedom aspect of GTA games was their unique strength but now it has been weakened.

Cyberpunk 2077 has a chance of landing a good hit on R* since V hasn't aged well and VI is a no-show atm. And after playing RDR2, I'm quite convinced we won't see another SA and IV again. So yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 has a good chance but I wouldn't bet on it. Too much fanboyism from R* side IMO. Also Cyberpunk 2077 seemed to have carried forward some of the weaker aspects of Witcher 3 e.g the meele combat (in recent gameplay trailer).

Edited by Ryo256
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GRINCH ASS BITCH
23 minutes ago, Zello said:

There's a bit of a difference between those "GTA killers" and Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is an RPG many of those other titles weren't and I mean RPG in the traditional sense with skills, levels, character classes, dialogue options, and branching storylines.

Absolutely, and speaking of my own personal experience, an enjoyable, traditional RPG-styled game would keep me playing far longer than any GTA game, but judging by GTAV's total sales to date (I know, sales do not equal quality), brand equity alone will be able to carry the next GTA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL
Posted (edited)

I can’t see it. I mean I expect Cyberpunk to be a great game but Rockstar are always that one step ahead. They have a lot more money and resources to put into their games. Rockstar games are always going to be a bit ahead of the curve.

 

I’m playing Witcher 3 atm after putting it off for years. And it is a fantastic game. And I say that as someone who’s never been a fan of the genre. 

Edited by YNNEL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gtaman_92
Posted (edited)

Cyberpunk looks cool and all but there’s no way that it’s touching GTA. As soon as VI gets announced than mostly everyone will forget about Cyberpunk 2077 lol.

Edited by Gtaman_92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EliteGamer_6

Ya when it release in 2077, while Rockstar will still be re-releasing GTA 5. So yh I think that in 57 years we will finally see someone challenge Rockstar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

 

This is how it is I guess for open world games. Cyberpunk will get some respect, Watch Dogs will get ignored, and R* will get all the praise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owolf
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gtaman_92 said:

Cyberpunk looks cool and all but there’s no way that it’s touching GTA. As soon as VI gets announced than mostly everyone will forget about Cyberpunk 2077 lol.

except ppl who like deep RPG games and a story with more than 3 ways or more to go.

 

i forgot to add; its not online focused. take that into consideration

and will have some DLCs for the storyline just like Witcher 3 but 10 times better

Edited by owolf
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)

 

I can't wait for this sh*t. Can it be November yet?

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gta7dev

Unfortunately the game is being over hyped to hell. It will be a disappointment because of people's expectations. It's going to literally be Witcher 3 with guns and people keep acting as if this is another No Man's Sky where your imagination is the limit. Oh and Witcher 3 was a mediocre game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality

what is this obsession with gamers and always trying to put video games and game companies in constant competition with each other.

 

Cyberpunk and the eventual GTA 6 are two different experiences that aim for two different things. Cyberpunk is a futuristic RPG, GTA 6 will be mostly a contemporairy look at Americana with fixed characters (with full backgrounds) to experience their stories and journeys vs. Cyberpunk's created character

 

not everything needs to be compared or contrasted

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegadeAngel
On 7/17/2020 at 6:41 AM, Western Gunslinger said:

Looking back at this thread it's still funny how people are so optimistic that Cyberpunk will never dethrone the almighty R* and GTA 6

 

Fast forward to 2020, Dan Houser left R*, RDR2 and RDO is still plagued with bugs and both game is pretty much dead, GTA V is still getting milked and will be first next-gen game they're going to release, and still no info about GTA 6. Meanwhile CDPR is still consumer-friendly as usual, and CP77 will be released soon

For starters, let's just hope it properly works since day one and won't require multiple patches and weeks to fix all this mess unlike their previous game. Only then can we start engaging in meaningless arguments such as this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merquis
19 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

what is this obsession with gamers and always trying to put video games and game companies in constant competition with each other.

 

Cyberpunk and the eventual GTA 6 are two different experiences that aim for two different things. Cyberpunk is a futuristic RPG, GTA 6 will be mostly a contemporairy look at Americana with fixed characters (with full backgrounds) to experience their stories and journeys vs. Cyberpunk's created character

 

not everything needs to be compared or contrasted

What if GTA 6 turns out to take the rpg/roguelike route?

Cyberpunk 2077 could dethrone not only future GTAs but other open-world games, clearly in the sense of mechanics and gameplay.

In other respects they are matched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
10 hours ago, Zello said:

 

I can't wait for this sh*t. Can it be November yet?

That's what they should show at Night City wire...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality
Just now, Merquis said:

What if GTA 6 turns out to take the rpg/roguelike route?

Cyberpunk 2077 could dethrone not only future GTAs but other open-world games, clearly in the sense of mechanics and gameplay.

In other respects they are matched.

doubt it

 

 Rockstar doesn't do created characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger
3 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

For starters, let's just hope it properly works since day one and won't require multiple patches and weeks to fix all this mess unlike their previous game. Only then can we start engaging in meaningless arguments such as this one. 

>implying R* is any better

 

Just look at how RDRII PC launch ends up and how it also cause major bugs to the Console version which still remain unfixed to this day because R* killed it or sth

 

Even if CP77 did end up having issues, it'll be much easier for it to be fixed because CDPR is better at communicating with their community, unlike R* which support is only limited to delete cache/restart console/reinstall game

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owolf
6 hours ago, RenegadeAngel said:

For starters, let's just hope it properly works since day one and won't require multiple patches and weeks to fix all this mess unlike their previous game. Only then can we start engaging in meaningless arguments such as this one. 

google the following: CYBERPUNK DELAY and check the dates

why would you think they would delay it and kill off most hype, it obviously doesnt benefit them

are they trying to make the game any better or just having fun f*cking around not earning any money?

probably the second one  by your logic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DownInTheHole

Animal Crossing will challenge GTA for the next open world king

  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
Posted (edited)

Laugh or not but it's greatest example, that you don't need sky high marketing budget to advertise your game. It also shows, that gameplay is most important thing, huge map won't help. At this point I'm thinking about buying Nintendo Switch only to play games made exclusively for this platform. We could only dream about such games when we were playing on Tamagotchi in 90s.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegadeAngel
6 hours ago, owolf said:

google the following: CYBERPUNK DELAY and check the dates

why would you think they would delay it and kill off most hype, it obviously doesnt benefit them

are they trying to make the game any better or just having fun f*cking around not earning any money?

probably the second one  by your logic

Well, delaying the Witcher 3 twice didn't help. Hopefully you're right and they've learned on their mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, gta7dev said:

Unfortunately the game is being over hyped to hell. It will be a disappointment because of people's expectations. It's going to literally be Witcher 3 with guns and people keep acting as if this is another No Man's Sky where your imagination is the limit.

Nope.

 

Cyberpunk 2077 is in first person with a created character instead of Geralt of Rivia. It will be a completely different experience than The Witcher 3.

23 minutes ago, RenegadeAngel said:

Well, delaying the Witcher 3 twice didn't help. Hopefully you're right and they've learned on their mistakes.

Witcher 3 won GOTY in 2015 and is considered by many to be one of the best games of it's generation... Technical issues? Everytime R* releases an update for GTA Online it screws up some form of the singleplayer part of the game be it driving or car damage or whatever. Red Dead Redemption 2's graphics have been downgraded with every patch.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
22 minutes ago, Zello said:

Witcher 3 won GOTY in 2015 and is considered by many to be one of the best games of it's generation...

Not to mention it has two story DLCs, big enough to be their own games.........something that doesn't exist for Rockstar anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.