Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

[IV/EFLC] Responsive Plus


iiCriminnaaL 49

Recommended Posts

B Dawg
On 7/1/2019 at 7:14 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

acceleration has been briefly increased for the majority (by decreasing Drag Multiplier), and max speed has been briefly increased for all of them

While you've decreased the drag multiplier and increased the max speed, drive force was reduced too much. As a result, when vehicles reach the highest gear, they actually start going slower than they were going in the previous gear and can't rev to High RPMs. While playing I've noticed vehicles would always stay at low RPMs upon reaching the highest gear, and while messing with handling data for a potential handling project of my own (mostly traction/steering values to make cars within a class differentiate more from each other), I thought the Infernus felt a bit too slow and decided to compare it with the vanilla stats using the speedometer in Zolika's menu. All the vehicles I've compared so far turned out to be slower in comparison to vanilla.

 

I have a feeling that too low drive force value combined with too high max speed value end up causing this issue where they end up going slower when reaching the highest gear. So I'd restore all speed related values and keep the rest.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for this, kinda essential for people still replaying the game since the vanilla balance is obviously meant for playing on pads. Hope you adress the top gear issue mentioned but otherwise I think the handling is great, the 'blown suspension shocks' characteristic of IV cars is still there but they all dont feel so slow anymore. Combat plays great now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
32 minutes ago, lolleroz said:

Thanks for this, kinda essential for people still replaying the game since the vanilla balance is obviously meant for playing on pads. Hope you adress the top gear issue mentioned but otherwise I think the handling is great, the 'blown suspension shocks' characteristic of IV cars is still there but they all dont feel so slow anymore. Combat plays great now.

It's always great to see that people can enjoy the changes I've done. Thanks 😉.

 

I haven't done any modding for a few months now, and neither played that much of the game at all, but it'll surely be one of the priorities to fix the drive force issue if I got back.

 

And big thanks to @B Dawgfor mentioning that, as I've never realized it myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg
47 minutes ago, lolleroz said:

kinda essential for people still replaying the game since the vanilla balance is obviously meant for playing on pads.

Git gud at keyboard :p

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B Dawg said:

Git gud at keyboard :p

I was referring to how the game is way too easy when played on keyboard+mouse in vanilla :) good thing at least we have fixed recoil on mouse now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to install these mods. I was recommended to download and install this modpack to put the game in a playable state, which I've done, but now I'm wondering how I can install this mod along with Potential Grim, Improved Animations, and Hardcore Lost MC, as you have suggested. Could I have some advice on how to install these four mods, and if they are compatible with the modpack? My issue is that I am not sure which order to install them in, and there are two folders for some of the mods (a GTA IV folder and an EFLC folder), however my version of the game only has the GTA IV folder, so I'm not sure which files to use.
Sorry if this sounds like a noob question, my attempts at modding so far have been a bit of a nightmare. I'd really appreciate any help I could get with installing these four mods, they seem as though they'll bring some great new elements to the game :)

Thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
57 minutes ago, TPSWildWolf said:

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to install these mods. I was recommended to download and install this modpack to put the game in a playable state, which I've done, but now I'm wondering how I can install this mod along with Potential Grim, Improved Animations, and Hardcore Lost MC, as you have suggested. Could I have some advice on how to install these four mods, and if they are compatible with the modpack? My issue is that I am not sure which order to install them in, and there are two folders for some of the mods (a GTA IV folder and an EFLC folder), however my version of the game only has the GTA IV folder, so I'm not sure which files to use.
Sorry if this sounds like a noob question, my attempts at modding so far have been a bit of a nightmare. I'd really appreciate any help I could get with installing these four mods, they seem as though they'll bring some great new elements to the game :)

Thanks in advance!

I've not tried the modpack you linked before to be fair, but after giving it a quick look I assume you won't have a problem with running the game with it along with the mods you mentioned further. For Potential Grim, Improved Animations and this mod, just make sure that you install them before The Hardcore Lost MC (or in other words install THLMC over them). Since you have the Complete Edition, you have only the GTA IV folder, so you'll have to copy the TLAD and TBoGT related files from the EFLC folders of the mods and install them over your TLAD and TBoGT folders. It's recommended to make sure that you place them correctly, though, since I'm not so sure about how the Complete Edition's files are arranged. Simply check your TLAD and TBoGT folders. If you immediately find the "common" and "pc" files in your TLAD and TBoGT folders then you'll just have to copy the TLAD and TBoGT folders from the mod and let them overwrite yours. In case you found the "common" and "pc" folders within another folder (probably with the name "content" or something), you just need to copy the "common" and "pc" folders from the mod and paste them inside the content folder that contains their counterparts. I guess you should also copy the "timecyc.dat" and "timecyclemodifiers/2/3/4.dat" files from the modpack ("pc" -> "data" of each of GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT) and paste them over your game again after you install Responsive Plus, as it replaces some (if not all) of them.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

I've not tried the modpack you linked before to be fair, but after giving it a quick look I assume you won't have a problem with running the game with it along with the mods you mentioned further. For Potential Grim, Improved Animations and this mod, just make sure that you install them before The Hardcore Lost MC (or in other words install THLMC over them). Since you have the Complete Edition, you have only the GTA IV folder, so you'll have to copy the TLAD and TBoGT related files from the EFLC folders of the mods and install them over your TLAD and TBoGT folders. It's recommended to make sure that you place them correctly, though, since I'm not so sure about how the Complete Edition's files are arranged. Simply check your TLAD and TBoGT folders. If you immediately find the "common" and "pc" files in your TLAD and TBoGT folders then you'll just have to copy the TLAD and TBoGT folders from the mod and let them overwrite yours. In case you found the "common" and "pc" folders within another folder (probably with the name "content" or something), you just need to copy the "common" and "pc" folders from the mod and paste them inside the content folder that contains their counterparts. I guess you should also copy the "timecyc.dat" and "timecyclemodifiers/2/3/4.dat" files from the modpack ("pc" -> "data" of each of GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT) and paste them over your game again after you install Responsive Plus, as it replaces some (if not all) of them.

 

Thank you! I was really unsure about the two folders thing, I will try this a little later and see how it goes. So just to make sure I understand this correctly: take everything from the GTA IV folder, and not worry about the files in the EFLC folder, besides ones in TLAD and TBoGT folders? And make sure to install Hardcore Lost MC last, and overwrite the timecyc.dat files from the modpack. Will replacing these files remove any elements of Responsive Plus?

Also, slightly off-topic, but my performance of the game is still a bit crappy even after the modpack, (I can run V almost maxed out, go figure) can you recommend any mods to install to help with this that are also compatible with the modpack and these four mods? Thanks again :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
5 hours ago, TPSWildWolf said:

Thank you! I was really unsure about the two folders thing, I will try this a little later and see how it goes. So just to make sure I understand this correctly: take everything from the GTA IV folder, and not worry about the files in the EFLC folder, besides ones in TLAD and TBoGT folders? And make sure to install Hardcore Lost MC last, and overwrite the timecyc.dat files from the modpack. Will replacing these files remove any elements of Responsive Plus?

Exactly. But for the time cycle files, you'll have to keep the ones in the modpack instead of those in Responsive Plus (if you prefer Sweet Autumn's direction to that of this mod).

 

It won't remove elements from Responsive Plus. That's why I recommended installing The Hardcore Lost MC last, since it has some elements of Responsive Plus (and most likely Potential Grim as far as I remember) plus its own enhancements that make it the most "complete" in case you install all of those mods together.

 

5 hours ago, TPSWildWolf said:

Also, slightly off-topic, but my performance of the game is still a bit crappy even after the modpack, (I can run V almost maxed out, go figure) can you recommend any mods to install to help with this that are also compatible with the modpack and these four mods? Thanks again :)

I'm not sure how good it works, but you may search for some commandline.txt file modifications somewhere, as it has some code lines that are relevant to the game's performance, which you can also easily adapt to your own game depending on your device's properties by changing the numbers of some lines. You'll find some explanations of how you should change, what numbers to write and why, etc.

 

You're welcome 😉.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
Link to post
Share on other sites
TPSWildWolf
On 1/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Exactly. But for the time cycle files, you'll have to keep the ones in the modpack instead of those in Responsive Plus (if you prefer Sweet Autumn's direction to that of this mod).

 

It won't remove elements from Responsive Plus. That's why I recommended installing The Hardcore Lost MC last, since it has some elements of Responsive Plus (and most likely Potential Grim as far as I remember) plus its own enhancements that make it the most "complete" in case you install all of those mods together.

 

I'm not sure how good it works, but you may search for some commandline.txt file modifications somewhere, as it has some code lines that are relevant to the game's performance, which you can also easily adapt to your own game depending on your device's properties by changing the numbers of some lines. You'll find some explanations of how you should change, what numbers to write and why, etc.

 

You're welcome 😉.

 

So after much trial and error I tried to install this today as per your instructions, and now my game just crashes. I've gone wrong somewhere doing this it would seem, so I'll copy in my fresh install and try again. In which order would you recommend I install the other three mods before Hardcore Lost MC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.