2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Gaffa

Bonus Content Available for Social Club Members who link their Twitch Prime Accounts

LeakyLine

thought it'd be enough to make me renew my amazon prime

just some cash? who cares lol

Gaffa

Aye thanks Volganor already been editing it ^.

And they already are doing extra discounts on weekly stuff eh? Huh, they read my mind (or vice versa). 

Black Terminator
43 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

+ food, council tax, electricity, mains/bottled water, maintenance, education, clothes, Christmas/birthday presents, bus/lunch money, new games, dog/cat food... does it ever stop!

Yup, all of those included. Rockstar Games and Twitch Prime should be ashamed of themselves. 

Jenkiiii
2 minutes ago, LeakyLine said:

thought it'd be enough to make me renew my amazon prime

just some cash? who cares lol

If you already have it, why not link it and get some extra in-game cash/goodies? Makes sense.

If you don't already have it, don't bother forking out just to get some in-game cash/goodies. Makes no sense.

Fluffy Sock

I wonder if the Twitch Prime free trial would do for this...

Razor Cola

tenor.gif

Natsuki
Posted (edited)

"including incredible rewards around upcoming future content"

That's some pretty strong wording there.

Edited by Natsuki

ilovefreebird
55 minutes ago, Fluffy Sock said:

I wonder if the Twitch Prime free trial would do for this...

That's what I was thinking. I'll take a few minutes to sign up, link the account, and cancel it for some GTA$.

ilRae
2 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

+ food, council tax, electricity, mains/bottled water, maintenance, education, clothes, Christmas/birthday presents, bus/lunch money, new games, dog/cat food... does it ever stop!

Yeah, tough being an adult, eh? Twitch Prime is barely the cost of a simple fast food meal.... sheesh, some of you are whiney.

Quinn_flower

I have prime guys but for the cheapos outhere just make a new account each time ur free month is up and just use a different payment. Its how I got twitch stuff like the free Nintendo online for 9 months lol

Standard Deluxe 59
17 minutes ago, ilRae said:

Yeah, tough being an adult, eh? Twitch Prime is barely the cost of a simple fast food meal.... sheesh, some of you are whiney.

It's more the principle of things. Yeah it might not cost much but if it's something I won't even use, why would I buy it when I could put that money toward something else? The free month trial suggestions sound like a good idea though.

ilRae
1 minute ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

It's more the principle of things. Yeah it might not cost much but if it's something I won't even use, why would I buy it when I could put that money toward something else? The free month trial suggestions sound like a good idea though.

Great, the don't use/buy it. Principle? Yeah, how dare they offer more to the program.... I for one am glad there are finally R* benefits to having my Twitch Prime sub. 

MARINA

Nice! I just joined prime as a trial and got the rewards. :D

-LN-

Perhaps I'm over thinking it; I don't care if people are given extra in-game currency or discounts for having some sort of account or service elsewhere, but what I would have a problem with is that if certain content were to only be available if you were a member of whichever external service. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen, but I wouldn't put it past them. That's the kind of thing that pisses me off.

Standard Deluxe 59
12 minutes ago, ilRae said:

Great, the don't use/buy it. Principle? Yeah, how dare they offer more to the program.... I for one am glad there are finally R* benefits to having my Twitch Prime sub. 

Fine good for you that you'll get something out of this promotion. I was just trying to give you some reasoning as to why some of us here aren't going to bother with this promotion. No need to get all snarky about it.

AUScowboy

I had amazon prime, so i linked up. Every little bit of extra cash helps when an update is on the horizon, especially one revolving around gambling lol.

Fluffy Sock
18 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Perhaps I'm over thinking it; I don't care if people are given extra in-game currency or discounts for having some sort of account or service elsewhere, but what I would have a problem with is that if certain content were to only be available if you were a member of whichever external service. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen, but I wouldn't put it past them. That's the kind of thing that pisses me off.

Yep. Maybe a car in GTAO can be locked behind some paid subscription thing in the future. It's not the money, it's the big picture behind it.

ilRae
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fluffy Sock said:

Yep. Maybe a car in GTAO can be locked behind some paid subscription thing in the future. It's not the money, it's the big picture behind it.

I hope so, TBH. I have zero problems with special benefits like that.

21 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Fine good for you that you'll get something out of this promotion. I was just trying to give you some reasoning as to why some of us here aren't going to bother with this promotion. No need to get all snarky about it.

If $13/mo makes or breaks you, it's time to reevaluate your life.

Edited by ilRae

Standard Deluxe 59
5 minutes ago, ilRae said:

Its not that makes or breaks me lady. It's not that it makes or breaks others either. There are a lot of people out there who don't see a point in spending money for a subscription they won't use. Myself included. Hey good for you that you enjoy pissing away money to watch other people play their games or try to make people watch you. Maybe you actually enjoy that stuff and if you do, cool. But that stuff ain't for everybody, whether it's because they don't see the point in spending money to watch people playing games or they just see it as wasteful spending that's their decision. To say that $13/month will make or break me or others that aren't going to participate with this promotion is just straight up ignorant.

Zak Ras
Posted (edited)

I don't use Twitch, outside of watching/commenting on one particular small YouTuber I've followed for about a decade now.

Got Amazon Prime which I get my moneys worth out of for next-day delivery and offers.

Try to link it up today and it simply wasn't having it. I think it's to do with the fact that Twitch only seems to try to link up with .com Amazon accounts, and my membership is on Amazon UK. I've never had financial trouble and I'm not getting automatic texts warning about suspicious activity, so I doubt it's my card getting declined.

Just ended up using a trial on .com and on Twitch. Hopefully I can sort it out if R* are gonna be putting useful stuff up for grabs via Twitch.

EDIT: Works now. I am Primed.

Edited by Zak Ras

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

Do I need a credit card to get the free Amazon Prime trial?

Asking for a friend 👀

Nvm, I do need one, that sucks

A "free trial" ain't free if I need a credit card lmao

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

Jenkiiii
1 hour ago, -LN- said:

I don't think you're over thinking it. Companies have been encouraging third-party referrals for decades, so it wouldn't be anything new for Rockstar to pay Amazon a percent, and vice versa, for every customer who comes their way. That in itself wouldn't bother me because I don't care if others ride around town in their Amazon Prime or Twitch liveries; it's nothing more than an aesthetic, but if we couldn't buy a specific car or apartment because we're not subscribed to a certain service, essentially forcing us to buy third-party services to keep up with the latest content, then that would bother me a lot and might turn me off completely.

-LN-
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ilRae said:

I hope so, TBH. I have zero problems with special benefits like that.

Not to go too off topic here, but why on earth would you hope for such to become a reality? It may seem harmless enough at first; say them giving away an exclusive shirt or something for being a Twitch member or whatever, but where would they draw the line? To restrict content based upon how much real money you're willing to spend elsewhere is infinitely worse than the current microtransaction system. I'm sorry, I just don't see why anyone would be hopeful for this; it can certainly sour a gaming experience if we're constantly being monetized from each and every direction and when everything starts being locked off unless you're willing to dump even more money into the game or into external services that we don't want/ need in the first place.

Edited by -LN-

dieseltech20
5 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Asking for a friend 👀

Yes. 

I've had an amazon account for years so it has a long expired card on it. I just put my debit card on to start the prime trial and then removed it. That way I don't have to remember to cancel the trial ;)

-LN-
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

I don't think you're over thinking it. Companies have been encouraging third-party referrals for decades, so it wouldn't be anything new for Rockstar to pay Amazon a percent, and vice versa, for every customer who comes their way. That in itself wouldn't bother me because I don't care if others ride around town in their Amazon Prime or Twitch liveries; it's nothing more than an aesthetic, but if we couldn't buy a specific car or apartment because we're not subscribed to a certain service, essentially forcing us to buy third-party services to keep up with the latest content, then that would bother me a lot and might turn me off completely.

100% agree. I just think it's a dangerous road and that such could easily become a reality if it goes unchecked. I just don't put any of this past these companies; Zelnick himself has even said that we aren't being monetized enough.

Edited by -LN-

IceDree
2 hours ago, MARINA said:

Nice! I just joined prime as a trial and got the rewards. :D

How days did they give you?

27 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Asking for a friend 👀

Nvm, I do need one, that sucks

A "free trial" ain't free if I need a credit card lmao

Even just for Twitch? That's bullsh*t.

Standard Deluxe 59
14 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Not to go too off topic here, but why on earth would you hope for such to become a reality? It may seem harmless enough at first; say them giving away an exclusive shirt or something for being a Twitch member or whatever, but where would they draw the line? To restrict content based upon how much real money you're willing to spend elsewhere is infinitely worse than the current microtransaction system. I'm sorry, I just don't see why anyone would be hopeful for this; it can certainly sour a gaming experience if we're constantly being monitized from each and every direction and when everything starts being locked off unless you're willing to dump even more money into the game or into external services that we don't/want need in the first place.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. As I said to the other person I was going back and forth with I don't want to spend money on something I don't use nor do I want to be signing up for services I likewise wouldn't use. I'm okay with exclusives that are granted from in game promotions or event weeks and to a lesser extent exclusive items gained by buying something from the game company but I'm not going to roll with third party purchase exclusives. And all this talk about exclusive cars, those cars won't be exclusive long once a give cars to friends glitch comes out.

Jason
14 minutes ago, IceDree said:

How days did they give you?

Even just for Twitch? That's bullsh*t.

You don't need a credit card to sign up just for Twitch, just Twitch/Amazon Prime. It's a verification check otherwise you could make endless Amazon accounts and get a free year round subscription.

Voodoo-Hendrix

I'm the only one who thinks that some "exclusive" Twitch liveries for cars, weapons or whatever would look jarring as hell?

Like, it's not the whole point of the GTA series being set in a parody world, full with parody brands?

It would look literally like one of those mod videos on YouTube.

29f403-twitch%20car%203.jpg