1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Should Autoaimers and Freeaimers collaborate?

wehweh01

Title pretty much says it all. To clarify this is in regards to YouTube creators. However, I've been asking around and I get mixed responses. What do you folks think?

I guess we're forced to it anyway since we dont have separate Servers/matchmaking customization options. Anyway, IMO It sucks for a free aimer to do coop missions With autoaimer cause killing in AA is mindless requires no skill and is very fast. Yup AutoAim is way more efective but much less immersive and malwa gamę boring very fast. I think we should be separated because those two types of aiming often defines what Kind of person  certain player is. Free aimers are often older than Autoaimers and more dedicated to a title, treating it more seriously , looking for a immerse , roleplay, challenging gameplay etc. Autoaimers are ppl who often comes to game ONLY to have fun , to just Play a game with friends or solo and that's totally Okay! Its just those are different playstyles with different expectations From a gamę by itself and overall dont match with eachother. 

I don't think the title does say it all. We have no choice so we're not exactly collaborating.

To Collaborate :

1. work jointly on an activity or project.
"he collaborated with him on numerous hotel projects"

2. cooperate traitorously with an enemy.
"during the last war they collaborated with the Nazis"

Anyway, I personally have passed caring. Since they mixed free aim and free aim assisted in GTA, we've not seen a free aim lobby in such a long time. It seems just the same here.
Edited by Nugsy
  • Like 2

Lonely-Martin

Should be split, much like how PvP and PvE got lumped together. The only thing that suffers by forcing 2 directly opposite playstyles together, or 4 in this case, is gaming all round.

It's cheap and often cheapens the experience for all/any at any one time. No one wants to be ridiculed for using auto aim and so on. No one wants to be called a griefer for attempting some PvP with another player, and so on.

But R* does, case closed, lol. Shame though, for a game announcing it's seeking to reduce grief, while having playstyles clash be the biggest cause of much of it. 🤣

Chunkey_Monkey
7 hours ago, LysySZN said:

I guess we're forced to it anyway since we dont have separate Servers/matchmaking customization options. Anyway, IMO It sucks for a free aimer to do coop missions With autoaimer cause killing in AA is mindless requires no skill and is very fast. Yup AutoAim is way more efective but much less immersive and malwa gamę boring very fast. I think we should be separated because those two types of aiming often defines what Kind of person  certain player is. Free aimers are often older than Autoaimers and more dedicated to a title, treating it more seriously , looking for a immerse , roleplay, challenging gameplay etc. Autoaimers are ppl who often comes to game ONLY to have fun , to just Play a game with friends or solo and that's totally Okay! Its just those are different playstyles with different expectations From a gamę by itself and overall dont match with eachother. 

Thats not true, All players like all people in real life have different abilities Im partially disabled (only thumb and little finger on one hand. Thats why some hardcore gamers use autoaim amongst many many other reason, This old cliche "git gud" is bullsh*t many folk are at there best and still poor its purely down to players ability as said its the same in real life some folk are really good at sports other are good mathematicians and so on. We cant al be as good as each other, would be a boring ole planet if we where all the same

2 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Should be split, much like how PvP and PvE got lumped together. The only thing that suffers by forcing 2 directly opposite playstyles together, or 4 in this case, is gaming all round.

It's cheap and often cheapens the experience for all/any at any one time. No one wants to be ridiculed for using auto aim and so on. No one wants to be called a griefer for attempting some PvP with another player, and so on.

But R* does, case closed, lol. Shame though, for a game announcing it's seeking to reduce grief, while having playstyles clash be the biggest cause of much of it. 🤣

R* on the outside are trying to reduce pvp because a large number of players want it, But look at the game mechanics even new stuff is still trying to force all into pvp Dailies for an example if you want to clear them all each YOU HAVE TO DO PVP and that is forcing it on us

27 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

R* on the outside are trying to reduce pvp because a large number of players want it, But look at the game mechanics even new stuff is still trying to force all into pvp Dailies for an example if you want to clear them all each YOU HAVE TO DO PVP and that is forcing it on us

Rockstar are trying to reduce open world griefing, not PvP modes like showdowns and free roam events (which don't take place in free roam despite their name). Pure PvE players should be able to do 7/7 challenges but lets not cross the wires here.

But anyway, if by collaborate you mean co-exist then no, not really. It's a bit like lumping keyboard and mouse players in with controller players in shooters, it's just unbalanced and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Lonely-Martin
55 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Thats not true, All players like all people in real life have different abilities Im partially disabled (only thumb and little finger on one hand. Thats why some hardcore gamers use autoaim amongst many many other reason, This old cliche "git gud" is bullsh*t many folk are at there best and still poor its purely down to players ability as said its the same in real life some folk are really good at sports other are good mathematicians and so on. We cant al be as good as each other, would be a boring ole planet if we where all the same

I would prefer more PvE friendly dailies but also that the more PvP keen player should have the things they like mixed in there too. Would be nice if R* gave us 10 dailies to choose to do 7 from or something so players can do the 7 required regardless of playstyle.

That said, these do pay well when a streak gets going too, so can understand R* offering a mix like it is. I'm not the biggest PvP guy as many know and to be fair, I don't mind these as they are because if anything it gives me reason to try some PvP modes. The 2 main reasons I don't is that we can't pick and choose what we do, and I get enough PvP put on me in freemode. (Though it has gotten less lately, which is good). :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Autospell fail
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Totally agree. I kinda expected as much though; every time the auto aim versus free aim discussion is brought up, it usually incites some sort of elitist response which seems to think that those who play using auto aim are overall less skilled or in this case, younger. 😑

Yea, no, I'm not exactly "old" because I refuse to allow myself to be defined by my chronological age, but I'm also well past my teens and 20s. I can use either aiming set-up, but feel far more comfortable using auto aim within R* games. Perhaps it's because I'm not really used to it, but I find the controls a bit clunky in both this game and GTAO when it comes to using free aim. The AI are ridiculously accurate as well; not as much here as in GTAO, but still; challenging or not, it's as frustrating af to me when I can be shot and hit (often by weapons that do not have such a range) from something so far away that I can't even see it within my FOV. It's hard enough to even see where you're going half the time in this game because of the lighting, fog, dust, elements, etc, so I'm definitely not looking to handicap myself even further when it comes to aiming when hunting and the like.

I'd prefer the lobbies to be separated by aiming preference; I've always been in favour of such and before defensive mode was released, I'd have likely opted to play in free aim lobbies myself simply because of people's hostile, shoot anyone they see kind of behaviour patterns. But then again, I'd have likely continued to boycott playing entirely if things remained as they were prior to the update.

• Like 2

Chunkey_Monkey
16 hours ago, Jason said:

Rockstar are trying to reduce open world griefing, not PvP modes like showdowns and free roam events (which don't take place in free roam despite their name). Pure PvE players should be able to do 7/7 challenges but lets not cross the wires here.

But anyway, if by collaborate you mean co-exist then no, not really. It's a bit like lumping keyboard and mouse players in with controller players in shooters, it's just unbalanced and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Yes i understand they are reducing the free roam pvp, But i was getting at the fact they are still forcing pvp onto us pve players.

We cannot finish a full 7 tasks on the daily challenge without doing pvp its impossible and i havent yet done it because i refuse to go into showdown and do pvp, I hate pvp with a passion.

Ive saod it before we need dailies that cator for pve only and another set for pvp players IE player sets there mode "defense or offense" and the dailies should reflect the mode the player is in.  "Simples" 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
noisullI dnarG

Any R* game involving Auto Aim needs a Free Aim option aswell. Doesn't matter how many people want it. The majority of gamers who Auto Aim shouldn't be against the idea because they lack the natural skill to aim for themselves. I personally look at Auto Aim as 'Legalized Cheating'. It ruins everything. There's no survival rush with Auto Aim, it's just lock and shoot, lock and shoot, lock and shoot... and with Deadeye? WTF!? So pathetic to get into gunfights in this game because the mentality of fighting revolves around who can sit in cover the longest before popping your head out to get a shot. SMH so lame, 0 excitement. Atleast in Free Aim you get what I call the 'Gamers Rush' which is a pure adrenaline rush fueled by your own skill from dodging and dropping your opponent in a string of kills. AUTO AIM IS SO DRY OF THIS FEELING. 

So yes I agree with the first post. We do need the basic structure of PvP based playstyle. RDR, GTA4 and GTA5 had it so why stop now on such a good game?

It makes me sad to see what gaming has become nowadays. Anyone who disagrees shouldn't be here in the first place.

Edited by noisullI dnarG
Had to add RDR

I'm fine playing with Auto Aimers in PvE and also free roam because of defensive mode but PvP should be separated. 

Every time I read a thread about free aim, I get depressed because the majority of players just strafe with shotguns and sniper rifles.

Are there any hardcore players that remember getting a headshot with a actual revolver on the first shot fired?  It’s almost impossible now.

We’re more ghost than people.

8 minutes ago, Enchilada said:

Every time I read a thread about free aim, I get depressed because the majority of players just strafe with shotguns and sniper rifles.

Are there any hardcore players that remember getting a headshot with a actual revolver on the first shot fired?  It’s almost impossible now.

We’re more ghost than people.

Gotta find like minded Freeaimers to have some shootouts with bud. Shot it up with a couple friends revolver only then we destroyed a few Gun Rushes together.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:57 AM, LysySZN said:

Some people use auto aim because their hands and joints aren't able to use the controller fast enough. Not everyone has super coordination.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:28 AM, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Yes i understand they are reducing the free roam pvp, But i was getting at the fact they are still forcing pvp onto us pve players.

We cannot finish a full 7 tasks on the daily challenge without doing pvp its impossible and i havent yet done it because i refuse to go into showdown and do pvp, I hate pvp with a passion.

Ive saod it before we need dailies that cator for pve only and another set for pvp players IE player sets there mode "defense or offense" and the dailies should reflect the mode the player is in.  "Simples" 

Totally agree.