CJ won’t dive in GTA San Andreas [X-Box One]

Psnyder

Why can’t I get CJ to dive? I read something about the frame limiter, but I can’t find that anywhere in options. I’m playing on my Xbox one

Edited by lil weasel
title

1. Once your character reaches a specific depth of water (at least above the waist), he will start swimming and will not drown like in the previous versions of the game.

2. Dive and swim underwater. While your character is swimming, press the

“Circle” button on the PS2 controller

"B" button on the X-Box Controller

"3" Button on a generic Controller

and your character will dive underwater.

3. Resurface. Always check your oxygen level. If it’s getting too low, resurface by releasing the  "Dive" button.

• If you remain underwater after the light blue bar has been emptied out, your character will drown.

I know how it’s supposed to work. But he just dives down and comes right back up. He won’t swim under water. I can’t complete certain missions because he won’t swim under/through things.

keep tapping the dive button.

I know how it’s supposed to work. But he just dives down and comes right back up. He won’t swim under water. I can’t complete certain missions because he won’t swim under/through things. Tapping the dive button does nothing at all. Nothing I can do will make him swim underwater.

You are using the left stick (as walking/driving) along with the dive button...

ChasingCoyote

That does indeed sound like a problem with frame limiter being turned off, however I think unless I'm mistaken, that option is only available with PC versionsof the game.

• 8 months later...
Scorpionchris

Move the joystick straight down when you dive

Edited by Scorpionchris
I was wrong

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Grandad McMad
Posted (edited)

Figured it out, havent seen this answer on other forums. On xbox series x gta definitive edition as of july 2024. “CJ will not dive and stay inderwater” it is because the invert look in the control settings is set to “on”. I presume that the in game mechanics think that CJ is pointing down while the invert sets the character up, meaning he wont go past the volume that allows him to continue swimming underwater. I have tested this and it sorts it. Likely not spotted because most dont invert the look like i do. :)

to be clear. The invert look option in the control section needs to be set to “off”. 

Edited by Grandad McMad