4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Rockstar physical map collection

PheonixChase

Hey guys.

I have started building a wall consisting of GTA and Red Dead maps from almost all the eras. Does anyone else have a collection of these maps, I want inspiration on how I should do it. If so please post a picture below. 

Thanks

Hard to find ones are:

GTA: London 1969 PC big box - This is the biggest GTA: London map.The European version is fairly uncommon, and the US version is next to impossible to find. Recommendation: Get the PAL PS1 version (bigger map than NTSC).

GTA 2 US PC big box: - The US big box has far bigger maps than any other release, but is unfortunately really hard to find. Recommendation: Get European big box version, which isn't that hard to find.

GTA Advance: Only the US version came with a map. The more common European version didn't. Unfortunately there's no alternative here.

• Like 1
On 6/24/2019 at 6:12 AM, PheonixChase said:

Hey guys.

I have started building a wall consisting of GTA and Red Dead maps from almost all the eras. Does anyone else have a collection of these maps, I want inspiration on how I should do it. If so please post a picture below. 

Thanks

What maps do you already have?

19 hours ago, Mattineu said:

What maps do you already have?

I have RDR1,RDR2(both the normal map and the special edition map). And from the GTA franchise,(I bought these from eBay in very good condition) I have the maps of: GTA SA, Vice City, IV, episodes from liberty city and liberty city stories. I bought brand new the 2 maps from GTA V (blueprint and the normal one). Any recommendations on other maps from the GTA/RDR franchise I should buy? I personally didnt like the normal GTA 3 map so I didnt buy that.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, jm-9 said:

Hard to find ones are:

GTA: London 1969 PC big box - This is the biggest GTA: London map.The European version is fairly uncommon, and the US version is next to impossible to find. Recommendation: Get the PAL PS1 version (bigger map than NTSC).

GTA 2 US PC big box: - The US big box has far bigger maps than any other release, but is unfortunately really hard to find. Recommendation: Get European big box version, which isn't that hard to find.

GTA Advance: Only the US version came with a map. The more common European version didn't. Unfortunately there's no alternative here.

Thank you very much! I will try to look for these. I buy pretty much all of my maps from eBay so if you have any link(even from another website) to buy the maps you mentioned I can see if it looks attactive in my collection and I will most likely buy it if so.

Thanks for your reply again

On 6/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, jm-9 said:

Hard to find ones are:

Also I have been doing a bit of research. I really like the 3 maps from GTA London that you pointed out. I have two sources where I might buy them from: https://www.vinjatvideogames.com/en/ps1-grand_theft_auto which is about USD28 but without shipping charges which I will have to get a quote from the seller. The next one I found was on ebay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283526613930 which with shipping for me is a total of USD43. Do you know if these prices are okay for the contents it includes. Also I’m a bit skeptical of buying from the other website ‘vinjat’ as you may know I always buy on eBay and I dont want to input my credit card details on a different site. Anyway, thanks, hope you get back to me.

19 hours ago, PheonixChase said:

Also I have been doing a bit of research. I really like the 3 maps from GTA London that you pointed out. I have two sources where I might buy them from: https://www.vinjatvideogames.com/en/ps1-grand_theft_auto which is about USD28 but without shipping charges which I will have to get a quote from the seller. The next one I found was on ebay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283526613930 which with shipping for me is a total of USD43. Do you know if these prices are okay for the contents it includes. Also I’m a bit skeptical of buying from the other website ‘vinjat’ as you may know I always buy on eBay and I dont want to input my credit card details on a different site. Anyway, thanks, hope you get back to me.

Nothing wrong with those (although I can't speak for the authenticity of the first website). They're both the European version, which have bigger maps than the US version. I'm in Europe, so I can't speak for shipping from the UK to the US, but if I buy something from the US myself, shipping is usually around $15, so $43 including shipping seems fine for that, considering that it costs $29.99 without shipping.

Now, it depends on what size you want the maps to be, but the PC big box maps are much bigger. I have both, and the PS1 maps you might hold in your hand (makes sense for playing on a console), whereas you'd be more likely to spread out the PC maps on a desk. If you want bigger maps, consider getting this (or the same item from another seller):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-PC-Big-Box/293047715625?hash=item443b014729:g:fjgAAOSwdOdciAKV

It's more expensive, though, that's the only thing. If you do decide to get the PC version, only get the original big box version. Don't bother with later versions (usually branded Sold Out, Xplosiv or something else).

Edited by jm-9
On 6/27/2019 at 3:58 PM, jm-9 said:

Nothing wrong with those (although I can't speak for the authenticity of the first website). They're both the European version, which have bigger maps than the US version. I'm in Europe, so I can't speak for shipping from the UK to the US, but if I buy something from the US myself, shipping is usually around $15, so $43 including shipping seems fine for that, considering that it costs $29.99 without shipping.

Now, it depends on what size you want the maps to be, but the PC big box maps are much bigger. I have both, and the PS1 maps you might hold in your hand (makes sense for playing on a console), whereas you'd be more likely to spread out the PC maps on a desk. If you want bigger maps, consider getting this (or the same item from another seller):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-PC-Big-Box/293047715625?hash=item443b014729:g:fjgAAOSwdOdciAKV

It's more expensive, though, that's the only thing. If you do decide to get the PC version, only get the original big box version. Don't bother with later versions (usually branded Sold Out, Xplosiv or something else).

Dang thats way too expensive for me. Anyway, I will consider it for sure!