4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ososq8y

Fun stuff to do

ososq8y
Posted (edited)

I notice many friends & users in-game or from this forum (me included) are having hard time enjoying this game online. So i would really appreciate it if you guys can share some of your fun activites in RDO. 

I list some of mine, 

* Dueling, both players walk backwards until a third player fires a warning shot to signal them to duel

* 2 horses, 2 players at each horse rear, first one to get kicked loses

* Tell a player or friend to ride as passenger in ur horse to a "secret location". Then turn horse passengers option off when u in the middle of a Bayou lake full of gators, Islands west of Rhodes, prison island east of Saint Denie maybe, or in middle of nowhere etc.

Edited by ososq8y

TheLordMarvel
15 minutes ago, ososq8y said:

Tell a player or friend to ride as passenger in ur horse to a "secret location". Then turn horse passengers option off when u in the middle of a Bayou lake full of gators, or in middle of nowhere

Wouldn't they just be able to whistle for their own horse, so they'd be able to leave?

For fun, I would go fishing. That's always a good time!

ososq8y
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, TheLordMarvel said:

Wouldn't they just be able to whistle for their own horse, so they'd be able to leave?

For fun, I would go fishing. That's always a good time!

Sure they can, but the funny part is they gonna be terrified & surprised. i don't intent to kill them. (Even though i remember my friend's horse ditched him bcuz he was afraid of gators lol, so i picked my friend instead). Didn't try leaving them in middle of nowhere bcuz it may not have the same effect, it will still be funny & shocking tho

Edited by ososq8y

Leftover Pizza
18 minutes ago, TheLordMarvel said:

My first thought too. I didn't want to bring it up, though :D. Kinda feels like the elephant in a porcelain shop :D 

CMCSAVAGE

Lately I've been having a good laugh at this...

Spoiler

nPEVbgm.jpg

Leftover Pizza
1 minute ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Hide contents

nPEVbgm.jpg

Look at the bright side. It's 4k HDR black..... :D 

4eyedcoupe

I ride donkeys once in a while instead of my horse. I've played Simon Says with a bunch of people.  Simon shoots you if you mess up.  Not going to lie, it was kinda fun

-LN-

Mostly just completing the daily challenges; also, when possible, posting the new lists when they change over and/or herb location maps, tips, or information that others may find helpful.

Aside from that, I do a lot of hunting, hideout clearings, and some stranger missions and occasional fishing when my time permits, but I'm slowing down a bit though. I went from a long and bitter hiatus during the last two or so months of beta to playing very regularly and getting where I wanted to be in regards to level and finances. I'm still mostly enjoying it for what it is, but it's definitely gonna need some new content and hopefully bug fixes very soon!

41 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Reveal hidden contents

nPEVbgm.jpg

Lol! 😂😂😂

Thanks for that; I actually laughed out loud when I saw this! 😜

Leftover Pizza
19 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Mostly just completing the daily challenges; also, when possible, posting the new lists when they change over and/or herb location maps, tips, or information that others may find helpful.

Aside from that, I do a lot of hunting, hideout clearings, and some stranger missions and occasional fishing when my time permits, but I'm slowing down a bit though. I went from a long and bitter hiatus during the last two or so months of beta to playing very regularly and getting where I wanted to be in regards to level and finances. I'm still mostly enjoying it for what it is, but it's definitely gonna need some new content and hopefully bug fixes very soon!

Lol! 😂😂😂

Thanks for that; I actually laughed out loud when I saw this! 😜

I can relate to the 'need more content' thing. I'm far from touching rank 100, but already have everything I need and have nothing much to grind for. 

Any of the clothing pieces, guns, ammo types aren't much appealing to me. Nor are the horses. Hunting, hideouts, ambushes keep me busy and a random encounter with npc's needing help, but I've noticed I kill a lot more npcs out of boredom. Loudmouth? You die, npc! I even resorted to cleaning out Rhodes this evening and see how long I'd last. To no surprise, as long as ammo was available. Lawmen are far too easy kills, sadly.

For once, the bounty and ammo costs were worth the fun, but I'm not gonna do that again. 

Need more content, need it quick too!

Fozzie

I steal NPCs horse and ride them off cliffs, waterfalls and jump off bridges

roggek
Posted (edited)

Target practicing the lightbulbs in the street lamps in Valentine or Rhodes, is a fun thing to do. The town is nearly pitch black after a while...

Edited by roggek

Rokushakubo

Making money. 

AmyStone

I really enjoy going out exploring. There's a cave and a mine in the north east of the map that's fun to look around. Just go off on foot and see what you come across. There are some nice surprises.

Faltskogian
Posted (edited)

Before i inevitably get filled full of lead just for being a bystander, i like to watch the trigger happy fools shooting up whatever town i happen to stumble into. :) 

Edited by Faltskogian

Ghoffman9
Posted (edited)

I just wished they changed it so your daily challenge bonus just goes down a point each day like how you can only increase it once a day. Stupid to get it up to a month for example and then get completely reset back to zero in an instant just because you miss a single day. Its another issue I been having with the AAA industry, as not only are they not satisfied on trying to take every penny from your pocket with insidious micro-transactions, they want your soul now too and want you playing their game alone every single day. I am not a one game man, I gotta get out there and spread my wings, broaden my horizons. If their games are actually good they would have no need to include such incentives that demand so much from you.

Edited by Ghoffman9

AmyStone
1 minute ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I just wished they changed it so your daily challenge bonus just goes down a point each day like how you can only increase it once a day. Stupid to get it up to a month for example and then get completely reset back to zero in an instant just because you miss a single day. Its another issue I been having with the AAA industry, as not only are they not satisfied on trying to take every penny from your pocket with insidious micro-transactions, they want your soul now too and what you playing their game alone every single day. I am not a one game man, I gotta get out there and spread my wings, broaden my horizons. If their games are actually good they would have no need to include such incentives that demand so much from you.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if you broke your streak. It would just mean you get 98 gold for the next month instead of 140.

Ghoffman9
57 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

It wouldn't be the end of the world if you broke your streak. It would just mean you get 98 gold for the next month instead of 140.

You also have to admit that expecting that kind of loyalty out of players is a tall order. Real harsh to punish players for missing so much as a single day because of either real life reasons, or just because they wanted to play something other than RDO for a bit. For me personally I got a little sick awhile back and could not get myself out of bed to keep my streak going and lost it and due to it completely being reset (was 2+ weeks) I lost interest on trying to build it again since.

4eyedcoupe
37 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

You also have to admit that expecting that kind of loyalty out of players is a tall order. Real harsh to punish players for missing so much as a single day because of either real life reasons, or just because they wanted to play something other than RDO for a bit. For me personally I got a little sick awhile back and could not get myself out of bed to keep my streak going and lost it and due to it completely being reset (was 2+ weeks) I lost interest on trying to build it again since.

Ihear you, I broke my streak last week.  It's summer time, I won't be on everyday, I'd rather enjoy the weather while it is here.  I'm disapointed that I won't keep a streak nor will I ever hit 28 days, but oh well.  I'm happier sitting in the sun anyway.

CMCSAVAGE
1 hour ago, Ghoffman9 said:
Spoiler

I just wished they changed it so your daily challenge bonus just goes down a point each day like how you can only increase it once a day. Stupid to get it up to a month for example and then get completely reset back to zero in an instant just because you miss a single day. Its another issue I been having with the AAA industry, as not only are they not satisfied on trying to take every penny from your pocket with insidious micro-transactions, they want your soul now too and want you playing their game alone every single day. I am not a one game man, I gotta get out there and spread my wings, broaden my horizons. If their games are actually good they would have no need to include such incentives that demand so much from you

Supposed to be "fun things to do", not B&M... 

IamCourtney
Posted (edited)

Stand at the edge a cliff, have a friend take a running leap off of it and try to lasso them before they plummet (make sure Friendly Fire is on if in a posse)

Grab one of the fast two-wheel buggies off an NPC (they're pretty easy to find in Saint Denis) and go off-roading, whip it over rocks and up embankments and down slopes and see how far you can push things before it breaks

Hogtie somebody then stand on top of them and eat an Oleander Sage

Edited by IamCourtney

The Deadite

Tackling friends off high places is the funniest thing to do in this game, sometimes they just push you while others both of you come tumbling down.

ShadowlessDevil
15 hours ago, ososq8y said:

I notice many friends & users in-game or from this forum (me included) are having hard time enjoying this game online. So i would really appreciate it if you guys can share some of your fun activites in RDO. 

I list some of mine, 

* Dueling, both players walk backwards until a third player fires a warning shot to signal them to duel

* 2 horses, 2 players at each horse rear, first one to get kicked loses

* Tell a player or friend to ride as passenger in ur horse to a "secret location". Then turn horse passengers option off when u in the middle of a Bayou lake full of gators, Islands west of Rhodes, prison island east of Saint Denie maybe, or in middle of nowhere etc.

Having a hard time enjoying the game??  

confused pulp fiction GIF

Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)

Bow hunting using small game arrows. Perfect carcasses.

Salmon and  Steelhead Trout.

Quail, Crow, Robin's and other small birds

Sidenote:

Breakdown small bird carcass for two flight feathers and gamey meat.

I have 90 small birds in my satchel -

that is a reserve of 180 flight arrows.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

Daleificent

Takes a little setting up, and hopefully a random doesn't show up since it's fairly easy to ruin, but it can be fun.

2+ people, even number makes it a little more fair. Auto-aim should be turned off to also make it more 'fair'.

You'll need a couple of the single horse, single axle wagons. They're fast and can turn fairly well compared to others. Stick dynamite on the wagon, just a couple, long as the riders can see them they're good but try to make them a little difficult to hit. (One on each side, and one/two on the back is pretty solid if you can get them placed, it can be a little wonky.) One part of your group will be on the wagons, the others will be on their horses.

Pick a good start and end point, a fair distance away but reasonable. The wagonneers goal is to not get blown up while they race towards the finish. The riders goal is to try and blow up the dynamite on the wagons. Wagons get a head start (how much of a head start is something you'll need to work out depending on the distance from start to finish.)

I haven't worked out exactly what guns should and shouldn't be used either, since it varies on who is good with what guns. No dynamite arrows, or explosive rounds, etc. Just regular bullets. Wagonneers can shoot the riders off their horses, but riders can mount back up and continue the chase while wagonneers really only have one 'life'. I figure limiting the riders to about 2-3 lives is a decent idea.

I haven't really had many chances to do this either, maybe 2-3 times since RDO started and haven't bothered in any recent times mostly because I don't play as much. Fiddle around with how it's set up. I'd love to see how different it'd be with a driver AND a shooter for both teams. Maybe even make it where it's ONLY fire bottles either side can use. Bunch of things. Have at it.

I'm just waiting to see if R* will let us make our own 'missions', I don't generally have good ideas but I'd love to take a crack at this one in a creator.

We've also done demolition wagon races but honestly, you'd need to give the horses way more health to make it worth while.

4eyedcoupe
Posted (edited)

Somebody made a youtube video from the ideas in this thread.  My friend started telling me about a vid he just saw and it was pretty much alot of the ideas from here.  As he was telling me I'm like "Wait, I just read all of that on the forums!"

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

Daleificent
19 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Somebody made a youtube video from the ideas in this thread.  My friend started telling me about a vid he just saw and it was pretty much alot of the ideas from here.  As he was telling me I'm like "Wait, I just read all of that on the forums!"

Long as they give credit, I don't mind. Least for mine, idc.

•—•
Posted (edited)

Killing people. Dress up 👗. Throwing people off roof. Fist fighting. Shooting player horses. 

Edited by •—•

Rev. Gnash

Special Saddle Challenge:

Only hunt animals, that match your special saddle.

Alligator = Gators

Boar = Wild Boars

Panther = Panthers

...using only a Bow.

Clear Gang Hideouts using only melee weapons.

wehweh01
On 6/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, •—• said:

Killing people. Dress up 👗. Throwing people off roof. Fist fighting. Shooting player horses. 

Big fan of killing people. Most of the time its self defense. Sometimes I just feel like sh*tting on someone who waves at me though. It's the Wild West after all. We OuTlAws :r*:

DentureDynamite
Posted (edited)

Speaking of fun stuff to do, does anyone know for sure if the fish that used to spawn by the fence southwest of Benedict Point has been patched?

I checked last night, and didn't see them, but wasn't able to stay longer to be sure? I always got a kick out of that.

Otherwise, my usual ticking off lawmen, evading bounty hunters, terminating rude NPCs, and the thugs at Thieves Landing constitute my fun.

I haven't bothered with fishing since the patches killed off most of the creative fun; I thrive on anomalies, creative spontaneity, and freedom to do whatever, whenever.

Edited by DentureDynamite