Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sidaredd

GTA III Beta CD Found ?!

Recommended Posts

Sidaredd

I was just looking at a Turkish game magazine named LEVEL from April 2001 and I saw a page about GTA III, when I started to read the first I noticed was they wrote they have recieved a CD named Grand Theft Auto III Demo in April. I think this could be the beta we were looking for. I will post more details soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidaredd

Some information after I have read the page.

 

1- Before starting the game, we could name our character.

 

2- Despite they say only %40 of game has finished, it seems like missions at least until Marked Man has done.

 

3- Main story described as climbing up the Mafia stairs and making the number one badass. It seems kinda weird.

 

4- Its also noted that game is 16+ while its 18+ at release I remember

 

5- It mentions about 9 weapons; baseball bat, machine gun, uzi, shotgun, molotov cocktail, bomb, sniper, rocket launcher and flamethrower. 

 

6- There are total 45 vehicles.

 

7- There are 4 different weather that mentioned; sunny, foggy, steamy ??? and rainy.

 

8- There are radio stations that play country, hip-hop, techno and rock.

 

9- Unfortunately all screenshots of magazine has taken from IGN.

 

I will post the photo of pages soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duhillestpunk

Holy sh*t! Do post more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lioshenka

Please post the pages!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

@Sidaredd When you gon post them pages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duhillestpunk
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

@Sidaredd When you gon post them pages

Germs - Forming eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
2 hours ago, Duhillestpunk said:

Germs - Forming eh?

 

What about that crusty 40 year old punk song 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LCLegend

Post the pages whenever - big discovery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duhillestpunk
3 hours ago, universetwisters said:

 

What about that crusty 40 year old punk song 

Lmao dude The Germs weren’t a crust punk band nor is Forming a crust punk song. You want crust listen to Doom, Nausea, Aus Rotten, Disclose, and a whole lot more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
4 hours ago, Duhillestpunk said:

Lmao dude The Germs weren’t a crust punk band nor is Forming a crust punk song. You want crust listen to Doom, Nausea, Aus Rotten, Disclose, and a whole lot more

 

Yea but what does whatever I said have anything to do about punk rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duhillestpunk
9 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

Yea but what does whatever I said have anything to do about punk rock

Duncan Construction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
4 minutes ago, Duhillestpunk said:

Duncan Construction

 

What does me asking about the connection between my post and some sh*tty punk band have to do with some construction company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helegad

It's been pretty well documented that Rockstar works on the city before the story. I doubt they seriously started scripting story missions until the game was pretty solid, like 70 or 80%. I think OP is playing silly billies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
4 hours ago, Helegad said:

It's been pretty well documented that Rockstar works on the city before the story. I doubt they seriously started scripting story missions until the game was pretty solid, like 70 or 80%. I think OP is playing silly billies.

 

I think this too. If it were legit, he would've posted it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Why would someone play silly billies for an 18 year old game though? It's not like it's gTa SiX cOnFIrmEd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mde2
1 minute ago, TheSantader25 said:

Why would someone play silly billies for an 18 year old game though? It's not like it's gTa SiX cOnFIrmEd. 

because there is a large sub-community within the GTA franchise dedicated to the beta versions of said games that would go nuts for this sort of thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, mde2 said:

because there is a large sub-community within the GTA franchise dedicated to the beta versions of said games that would go nuts for this sort of thing?

Is it "that" large though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mde2
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Is it "that" large though

Relative to other games yes. Obviously I can't get into the exact numbers of how big it is given how it's not likely there's ever been anyone documenting it. Judging by the views a GTASeriesVideo beta video gets (200,000-5,000,000 views depending on the subject) or Vadim M, a prominent beta hunter, gets (anywhere from 100k-1 mil possibly higher, I only had a quick glance) it's safe to say there's a lot of people interested in this sort of stuff and all it takes is one person out of a million to say "What if I made something up, that'll get people fired up". 

 

Not saying OP is lying or anything but the possibility is always there. You shouldn't blindly believe something just because it's a niche topic.

Edited by mde2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helegad
8 hours ago, mde2 said:

Relative to other games yes. Obviously I can't get into the exact numbers of how big it is given how it's not likely there's ever been anyone documenting it. Judging by the views a GTASeriesVideo beta video gets (200,000-5,000,000 views depending on the subject) or Vadim M, a prominent beta hunter, gets (anywhere from 100k-1 mil possibly higher, I only had a quick glance) it's safe to say there's a lot of people interested in this sort of stuff and all it takes is one person out of a million to say "What if I made something up, that'll get people fired up". 

 

Not saying OP is lying or anything but the possibility is always there. You shouldn't blindly believe something just because it's a niche topic.

+1 to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blaze
On 6/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, Duhillestpunk said:

Lmao dude The Germs weren’t a crust punk band nor is Forming a crust punk song. You want crust listen to Doom, Nausea, Aus Rotten, Disclose, and a whole lot more

how you gon mention crust and not put Dystopia in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duhillestpunk
1 hour ago, blaze said:

how you gon mention crust and not put Dystopia in there

I don’t know. To me they are just hardcore punk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
markusizr

any updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

I bet it's fake lol. It's like Sernandoe giving info about GTA 6 dvd/cd but doesn't show the gameplay or proof, here we have a guy who also gives info about GTA 3 beta cd but don't show proof or pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidaredd

Ok guys, I am back and gonna post the screenshots tomorrow. Who says this is fake will gonna see they are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vega LVI
27 minutes ago, Sidaredd said:

Ok guys, I am back and gonna post the screenshots tomorrow. Who says this is fake will gonna see they are wrong.

What’re you developing the pictures by hand? Post them already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blaze

Consider the fact some people have other obligations than dedicating their time to a niche section of a forum, may not have the technological capabilities you do and so forth. While I don't know Sidaredd all too well I've spoke to him briefly here and there on Discord and I highly doubt he'd be bullsh*tting about something that appeals to a small fraction of the fanbase of an 18 year old game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth
13 hours ago, Vega LVI said:

What’re you developing the pictures by hand? Post them already.

Exactly what I was thinking, fabricated photos. The real proof is just to give us the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidaredd

Quality of photos decrased while uploading but part about demo cd is still visible.

 

Screenshot-2019-07-02-01-39-17.png

This is page 1

Screenshot-2019-07-02-01-39-20.png

This is page 2

Screenshot-2019-07-02-01-39-05.png

And the part about that CD !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miles Edgeworth

Why haven't you posted the scans themself instead of phone screenshots? And well, they had the CD in April 2001, 18 years ago, it can be long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.