3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Shluffee

Ultimate Edition needs more content

Shluffee

As an Ultimate Edition owner I feel like we aren’t getting enough content, I’m not saying we have to get something extra with every update but at least 3+ times a year.  Ps4 owners getting all this exclusive content just for owning a Ps4 is starting to become annoying.  R* even ripped us (Xbox players) off, exclusive content that Ps4 players got for free in-game a month before Xbox turned out to be not so free when it arrived on Xbox.     Please share your thoughts below.   😁✌️

Mad-Monkey_1st

B and M 

IamCourtney

Did they say anything about ongoing bonuses for UE owners back when the game came out? 

AmyStone

Well I'm not that bothered really. I don't actually care if I get any more exclusive stuff or not. We got to get online a day or two earlier than others and we had some extra stuff at the beginning.

RayD70

We got 3 free guns, 3 free outfits, a free camp theme, a free horse that was the best horse you could have until lvl 58, a free saddle that was also best, or nearly until you got up there in rank (and looked great), lots of free gold bars and free money over these months. (And if you think that didn't give us a HUGE headstart in money making possibilities, you're kidding yourself)

I mean, I wouldn't complain if they gave us more gifts, but they've treated us pretty damned well.

Edited by RayD70

AmyStone
6 hours ago, RayD70 said:

We got 3 free guns, 3 free outfits, a free camp theme, a free horse that was the best horse you could have until lvl 58, a free saddle that was also best, or nearly until you got up there in rank (and looked great), lots of free gold bars and free money over these months. (And if you think that didn't give us a HUGE headstart in money making possibilities, you're kidding yourself)

I mean, I wouldn't complain if they gave us more gifts, but they've treated us pretty damned well.

What free gold do we get? I've got the ultimate but have no idea which things I have are because of that.

RayD70
6 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

What free gold do we get? I've got the ultimate but have no idea which things I have are because of that.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but IIRC, on a couple occasions, we received 10-25 gold bars (can't recall the exact amount). I also now that everyone received gold on occasion, but we then received cash too.

methcraft

that's just not how swindlers work, you know? they already succeeded in ripping you off, so there's no need for them to look back at that transaction.

Fun 2

I mean they did give us enough rewards, R* made a deal with Sony so that's a different case, they are forced to do that otherwise it will feel like a scam to Sony.

Also they gave us play rewards on GTAO for owning the ultimate edition.

I do agree with OP, not for "content" but for discounts and rewards.

R* have this "targeted sale" they do for GTA Online players, why not do it to RDO as well ? for Ultimate Edition owners ?

Edited by Fun 2

AmyStone
1 hour ago, RayD70 said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but IIRC, on a couple occasions, we received 10-25 gold bars (can't recall the exact amount). I also now that everyone received gold on occasion, but we then received cash too.

I thought everyone got that.

CMCSAVAGE
39 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

I thought everyone got that.

The Gold wasn't exclusive. UE owners got $1000 plus an extra $100 if you pre-ordered.

Special Edition Owners: RDO$100
Ultimate Edition Owners: RDO$1,000
Everyone who pre-ordered: RDO$100 (in addition to Ultimate and Special Edition gifts)

RayD70
7 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

The Gold wasn't exclusive. UE owners got $1000 plus an extra $100 if you pre-ordered.

Special Edition Owners: RDO$100
Ultimate Edition Owners: RDO$1,000
Everyone who pre-ordered: RDO$100 (in addition to Ultimate and Special Edition gifts)

I stand corrected. As the cranky old man here, memory can be fuzzy I suppose. :D

LostReacher

I remember buying the deluxe edition for AC Origins and it barely contained any of the DLC. Never doing that again with any game huge ripoff. 

$1000 in game cash barely relates the real dollar value we paid for this, anyone can earn cash in this game. 

AmyStone
10 hours ago, LostReacher said:

I remember buying the deluxe edition for AC Origins and it barely contained any of the DLC. Never doing that again with any game huge ripoff. 

$1000 in game cash barely relates the real dollar value we paid for this, anyone can earn cash in this game. 

I don't think it's worth the extra money either. $1000 is nothing at all and doesn't give you any kind of advantage. The normal edition was £45 and the ultimate was £90. That £45 could have been better spent. Either on another different game or on gold and that would be been more of a benefit.

Mad-Monkey_1st
13 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I don't think it's worth the extra money either. $1000 is nothing at all and doesn't give you any kind of advantage. The normal edition was £45 and the ultimate was £90. That £45 could have been better spent. Either on another different game or on gold and that would be been more of a benefit.

Pre release the normal was £65 round this area

CMCSAVAGE
On 6/12/2019 at 5:42 PM, AmyStone said:

I don't actually care if I get any more exclusive stuff or not. We got to get online a day or two earlier than others and we had some extra stuff at the beginning.

I've got the ultimate but have no idea which things I have are because of that.

I don't think it's worth the extra money either.

So you bought the UE for the "extra stuff", and then had no idea what  you paid for, and finally came to the conclusion that what you paid for wasn't worth it? :blink:

AmyStone
7 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

So you bought the UE for the "extra stuff", and then had no idea what  you paid for, and finally came to the conclusion that what you paid for wasn't worth it? :blink:

No. I knew what was going to be in the UE but because I had never played the game (and neither had anyone else) before had no idea of their value in the game. Did you know what it would all be worth in the game? Are you psychic?

CMCSAVAGE
2 hours ago, AmyStone said:

Did you know what it would all be worth in the game? Are you psychic?

Not at all, but it was worth the extra $20 to me since I planned on buying the Special Edition ($80) for story mode anyway. For me, it was nice starting out and not having to by anything right away, especially one the best horses in the game. Plus there were rank bonuses up until rank 25, which helped you lvl up faster.

I don't look at it real money vs. in game money, I saw it as real money compered to my time I would've had to put in to buy some of the stuff I got for free. Plus I did the digital pre-order which gave me $2 million in GTAO, and that you can put a real value on going by Shark Card prices. A Great White card is $20 for $1,250,000. So based on that, the $2 million was worth about $33.

Daleificent
20 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I don't look at it real money vs. in game money, I saw it as real money compered to my time I would've had to put in to buy some of the stuff I got for free.

This is an excellent point. When you move from a single-player game, to an online game where grinding for money, levels, and items is the same for everyone, time becomes as much of a currency as the in-game cash/gold. The time saved, the boost till R25, free weapons/items you don't have to pay for at all, (which means no time spent getting cash to buy them normally) a epic horse, free saddle (both of which have fairly high end stats) U.E. kitted folks out really well. 

I'm not saying if you feel like it wasn't worth it, you're wrong. That is it's own entirely different subject. You spent your money on your copy, not me, I have no say in that department.

But U.E. gives a pretty spectacular boost outright. I don't feel it really needs more to make it worth it. Be super awesome if they did add more, no doubts there it's just, I think R* did pretty good IMO for the benefits out the gate.

More of a 'what we'd want' then a 'what we need'.

If that makes sense. Probably not, but hopefully.

Lonely-Martin

I'd rather they add more for higher ranks than edition restrictions. Naturally though, won't say no. (Not that I can now, lol).

I'm happy with what I got extra, combined with the PS+/gold deal that I got lucky with timing over, and the PS4 freebies to come. I feel I get a good bump for paying a bit extra that I was gonna spend anyway.

I wanted the metal case edition and all the story content and game store points helped make it a bit cheaper further. All good here.

They probably will add something though, just to try to increase the chance a player may switch it up from the regular to ultimate when a DLC comes. Makes sense from a business POV I guess.

Mad-Monkey_1st

So what is the difference between UE and standard 

A, in single mode 

B, Online mode

I understood UE got more of a story in single player but my copy isnt UE copy and ive played thru to epilogue 2  

CMCSAVAGE
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

They probably will add something though, just to try to increase the chance a player may switch it up from the regular to ultimate when a DLC comes. Makes sense from a business POV I guess.

How does that make sense? Why would anyone rebuy the game after they've been playing for awhile? R* isn't going to beef up UE content now, since it's $40 less than it was.

What would make sense, is a stand alone upgrade. So instead of having to rebuy the game, you're just paying to ugrade from one version to another. Then again, depending on how long you're been playing, it probably wouldn't be worth it anyway.

11 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

So what is the difference between UE and standard 

A, in single mode 

B, Online mode

I understood UE got more of a story in single player but my copy isnt UE copy and ive played thru to epilogue 2  

The UE has nothing to do with story mode, that's the Special Edition. UE was online benefits only.

Spoiler

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers exclusive content for Story Mode including:

Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode: Get exclusive access to a Bank Robbery Mission, in which Arthur and a couple of his fellow gang members come up with a daring plan to break in and rob the bank in the southern town of Rhodes. Elsewhere, the Del Lobos Gang has taken over a hacienda - clear this gang’s hideout and rob their stash for a lucrative take.

Dappled Black Thoroughbred: This thoroughbred racehorse sporting a beautiful reverse-dappled black coat will keep you at the front of the pack with its exceptional speed and acceleration. You will also get the exclusive Nuevo Paraiso Saddle, handmade in dark chocolate leather with silver medallion detailing. This horse and saddle are available in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special Story Mode items will give Arthur a helping hand whenever they are equipped. Attaching the Eagle Talon Talisman to his boot, Arthur’s environmental awareness skill will last longer. By carrying the Iguana Scale in his personal Satchel, Arthur will take less damage while riding on horseback.

Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts: This collection of exclusive Story Mode boosts, bonuses and discounts will help Arthur to survive out in the harsh wilderness and better provide for his gang members and their camp. The Core Stat boost benefits Arthur’s Stamina, Health and Dead Eye Cores. Earn more cash during robbery missions with the Van der Linde gang, and when hunting and selling animal carcasses. Receive discounts on all upgrades to the Van der Linde gang’s camp.

The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: This exclusive Story Mode outfit for Arthur is inspired by the clothing worn by vaqueros and banditos south of the border. The outfit features a wide brimmed black cowboy hat, deep indigo coat, worn denim chaps, leather gloves and boots.

Free Access to Additional Weapons: A good range of weapons is essential for survival in the Old West. Get free access to three weapons at the in-game Gunsmiths in Story Mode: the robust Volcanic Pistol, devastating Pump Action Shotgun and versatile Lancaster Varmint Rifle.

Lonely-Martin
34 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

How does that make sense? Why would anyone rebuy the game after they've been playing for awhile? R* isn't going to beef up UE content now, since it's $40 less than it was.

What would make sense, is a stand alone upgrade. So instead of having to rebuy the game, you're just paying to ugrade from one version to another. Then again, depending on how long you're been playing, it probably wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Either/or. The game's fairly new, certainly by R*'s standards. I just know they want as many pennies as they can get, if someone see's something they want, they'll have to re-buy. It don't matter if that costs less now as from that particular customer, they'd have sold it to them twice anyway.

But alas, I don't disagree and you're probably right. It was more a throwaway comment that I can now and then be daft with since reading R*/T2's meeting notes where folk were undermonitised in GTA, lol. Basically, whatever gets them an extra tenner, they'll do.

AmyStone
On 6/15/2019 at 3:14 PM, CMCSAVAGE said:

Not at all, but it was worth the extra $20 to me since I planned on buying the Special Edition ($80) for story mode anyway. For me, it was nice starting out and not having to by anything right away, especially one the best horses in the game. Plus there were rank bonuses up until rank 25, which helped you lvl up faster.

I don't look at it real money vs. in game money, I saw it as real money compered to my time I would've had to put in to buy some of the stuff I got for free. Plus I did the digital pre-order which gave me $2 million in GTAO, and that you can put a real value on going by Shark Card prices. A Great White card is $20 for $1,250,000. So based on that, the $2 million was worth about $33.

Of course it might be ok for you but you seemed to think I was stupid (rolling your eyes) that I bought the ultimate and not knowing exactly what the game value of the stuff we got extra for when nobody could have knows. I see you sneakily avoided that part.

CMCSAVAGE
33 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

Of course it might be ok for you but you seemed to think I was stupid (rolling your eyes) that I bought the ultimate and not knowing exactly what the game value of the stuff we got extra for when nobody could have knows. I see you sneakily avoided that part.

Why would I think you're stupid for not knowing what the in game value was? It took you 3 posts to get that out. Your second post made it seem like you had no idea what you even paid for.  I'm perfectly fine with you finding no value in it.

AmyStone
6 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Why would I think you're stupid for not knowing what the in game value was? It took you 3 posts to get that out. Your second post made it seem like you had no idea what you even paid for.  I'm perfectly fine with you finding no value in it.

By the way you answered. And with the rolling eyes. Go back and read it and you might see how I saw it that way. And took me three posts to get what out? What three posts? Is there some kind of posting rule I'm missing?

ThaBirdCoot

Whole f*cking game needs more content. I am not content rn because I can't bring myself to play anymore. Whatever anyone version or edition people bought, you can't be satisfied with "this".. surely you can't folks

AmyStone
12 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Whole f*cking game needs more content. I am not content rn because I can't bring myself to play anymore. Whatever anyone version or edition people bought, you can't be satisfied with "this".. surely you can't folks

If I was playing on my own then I wouldn't be. But right now there are about 6 of us that play regularly together and it's fun doing the dailies together and then a few stranger missions. It's even more fun when we get into a fight with another posse. So for me what keeps the game fun is playing with others. Without that I'd have stopped playing ages ago.

Lonely-Martin
38 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

If I was playing on my own then I wouldn't be. But right now there are about 6 of us that play regularly together and it's fun doing the dailies together and then a few stranger missions. It's even more fun when we get into a fight with another posse. So for me what keeps the game fun is playing with others. Without that I'd have stopped playing ages ago.

Absolutely. I do agree with above that it really is underwhelming what we have to begin with but with friends there's no doubt there's so much more game here too.

Shluffee
On 6/15/2019 at 6:29 PM, CMCSAVAGE said:

The UE has nothing to do with story mode, that's the Special Edition. UE was online benefits only.

Reveal hidden contents

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers exclusive content for Story Mode including:

Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode: Get exclusive access to a Bank Robbery Mission, in which Arthur and a couple of his fellow gang members come up with a daring plan to break in and rob the bank in the southern town of Rhodes. Elsewhere, the Del Lobos Gang has taken over a hacienda - clear this gang’s hideout and rob their stash for a lucrative take.

Dappled Black Thoroughbred: This thoroughbred racehorse sporting a beautiful reverse-dappled black coat will keep you at the front of the pack with its exceptional speed and acceleration. You will also get the exclusive Nuevo Paraiso Saddle, handmade in dark chocolate leather with silver medallion detailing. This horse and saddle are available in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special Story Mode items will give Arthur a helping hand whenever they are equipped. Attaching the Eagle Talon Talisman to his boot, Arthur’s environmental awareness skill will last longer. By carrying the Iguana Scale in his personal Satchel, Arthur will take less damage while riding on horseback.

Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts: This collection of exclusive Story Mode boosts, bonuses and discounts will help Arthur to survive out in the harsh wilderness and better provide for his gang members and their camp. The Core Stat boost benefits Arthur’s Stamina, Health and Dead Eye Cores. Earn more cash during robbery missions with the Van der Linde gang, and when hunting and selling animal carcasses. Receive discounts on all upgrades to the Van der Linde gang’s camp.

The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: This exclusive Story Mode outfit for Arthur is inspired by the clothing worn by vaqueros and banditos south of the border. The outfit features a wide brimmed black cowboy hat, deep indigo coat, worn denim chaps, leather gloves and boots.

Free Access to Additional Weapons: A good range of weapons is essential for survival in the Old West. Get free access to three weapons at the in-game Gunsmiths in Story Mode: the robust Volcanic Pistol, devastating Pump Action Shotgun and versatile Lancaster Varmint Rifle.

Weird, since UE included everything from SE + extra Online content.