3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CarlyRaeJepsen

Can we get a female version of Cripps?

Lonely-Martin

Yeah, as Jason said, I think it would have been great if we could have customised our own 'cripps' or chose an assistant when Mrs LeClerk busts us out from a handful of her helpers.

Choice of male or female, name, and at least half a dozen default characters to choose between would have done well I think, along with a more stable camp to begin with of course.

We've all got the same dude at camp and the same backstory for why we're there. It is a bit simple/uninspiring. I know we'll have roles to play soon that'll offer diversity, but we are all convicts on the loose currently with the same folk that busted us out and the same old coot humming away there. 

C'mon R*, stories are your thing! Give us a chance to individulise ours.

CMCSAVAGE
6 minutes ago, CarlyRaeJepsen said:

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that I do already play sims very regularly and I also play red dead online and I understand the difference between the games but it’s still very fun to play barbie cow girl dress up in red dead and my way of playing doesn’t hurt anyone so please don’t try to hurt my feelings either . 

Don't fret it. it's all in good fun, I hope. I've seen way more bizarre posts on the GTAO wish list thread and here.

Edited by CMCSAVAGE

Lonely-Martin
4 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I get that feeling too. They seem a little too obsessed with character appearance and clothing. Maybe The Sims would be a better game to play.

And some are so obsessed with shooting everything that moves. Maybe Fortnite would be a better game to play. 😪😪😪

Swings and roundabouts. Its choice, in a game of choice, lol. R*'s games since San Andreas have just grown and grown this aspect to the point we have much creative freedom in the online areas.

Really is no different to saying PvP shouldn't be here, or PvE/story based stuff, lol. Its all usual R* stuff, shooting, missions, customisation. It's literally the games they make, take ya pick. 🤣

9 minutes ago, CarlyRaeJepsen said:

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that I do already play sims very regularly and I also play red dead online and I understand the difference between the games but it’s still very fun to play barbie cow girl dress up in red dead and my way of playing doesn’t hurt anyone so please don’t try to hurt my feelings either . 

Thick skin is recommended here, lol. But it'd be less of a game of we all wanted the same things too. We each like what we like. :)

Commander S
33 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah, as Jason said, I think it would have been great if we could have customised our own 'cripps' or chose an assistant when Mrs LeClerk busts us out from a handful of her helpers.

Choice of male or female, name, and at least half a dozen default characters to choose between would have done well I think, along with a more stable camp to begin with of course.

We've all got the same dude at camp and the same backstory for why we're there. It is a bit simple/uninspiring. I know we'll have roles to play soon that'll offer diversity, but we are all convicts on the loose currently with the same folk that busted us out and the same old coot humming away there. 

C'mon R*, stories are your thing! Give us a chance to individulise ours.

That's what bugs me more than anything - you can have two camps pitched just spitting distance from each other, both with the same bearded dude cloned at them. :blink:

Maybe Cripps isn't his name, so much as the futuristic corporation (Cripps:colgate:) that's churning them out of a big vat somewhere...

I'd love to upgrade my camp to something that doesn't constantly move, doesn't randomly pack up and disappear (and cost me precious $$$ to set up again), and doesn't come with a mandatory harmonica-playing rando making the place look untidy. More visual mods, more useful functions, and a 'dismiss Cripps' option are things I'd be glad to see added eventually.

(either that, or maybe let us just ignore camps - if I could, I'd swap my camp upkeep fee for the option to rent a room above a saloon in town somewhere, which'd be a cool alternative!)

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Commander S said:

That's what bugs me more than anything - you can have two camps pitched just spitting distance from each other, both with the same bearded dude cloned at them. :blink:

Maybe Cripps isn't his name, so much as the futuristic corporation (Cripps:colgate:) that's churning them out of a big vat somewhere...

I'd love to upgrade my camp to something that doesn't constantly move, doesn't randomly pack up and disappear (and cost me precious $$$ to set up again), and doesn't come with a mandatory harmonica-playing rando making the place look untidy. More visual mods, more useful functions, and a 'dismiss Cripps' option are things I'd be glad to see added eventually.

(either that, or maybe let us just ignore camps - if I could, I'd swap my camp upkeep fee for the option to rent a room above a saloon in town somewhere, which'd be a cool alternative!)

I'd love the RDR camp from the last game too. I'm playing as a wandering hand/woodsman alot and I can't even rub 2 sticks together, drives me bonkers how dumb my character is there with all these bandit camping out in the middle of nowhere eating hot food.

More often than not I use their fires I find to cook my goodies up.

I am less hyped in general but I cannot wait to see what a more directly role playing aspect brings here. I see some characters players made and think 'you shouldn't/wouldn't live in a camp' ha-ha, posh gits. So many little things to add to the games diversity.

-LN-

I forget/don't notice that Cripps is even at the camp half the time; it's only when he moves it without my consent or when I can hear him playing music that I'm suddenly reminded. Then again, there's really not much to do at camp aside from cooking, crafting, or picking up supplies, so I don't usually spend very much time there. More options would be nice though; namely reasons to actually want to spend more than five minutes there in the first place. Cripps is pretty useless though and I don't think he'd dare to try and pull any fast moves; even given my size, I can somehow manage to tackle, choke, beat down, hogtie, kill, or just pick up and carry around any random person, both dead or alive, that comes my way if needed.  😜😁

There's nothing wrong with wanting more options and/or just enjoying the fashion scene/dress up aspect of the game; it's fun and I want more clothing and customisation options myself! The game doesn't just have to be centred around one preference or style of play.

1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

And some are so obsessed with shooting everything that moves. Maybe Fortnite would be a better game to play. 😪😪😪

Swings and roundabouts. Its choice, in a game of choice, lol. R*'s games since San Andreas have just grown and grown this aspect to the point we have much creative freedom in the online areas.

Really is no different to saying PvP shouldn't be here, or PvE/story based stuff, lol. Its all usual R* stuff, shooting, missions, customisation. It's literally the games they make, take ya pick. 🤣

Thick skin is recommended here, lol. But it'd be less of a game of we all wanted the same things too. We each like what we like. :)

This so much! ^

On my end, I don't personally care if it's Cripps or someone else entirely; as long as they stay out of my way and I can drown out their music/chatter with my own selections from Spotify. I'd prefer being alone though; I like my solitude. 😜 I do like this view as well though: 

1 hour ago, Commander S said:

We definitely need more options like this and it's beyond me why we have to still live/exist outdoors and cannot invest our money/gold into something more permanent and that has four walls and a roof! I'm sick of living outside; give us property, R*!!!

Edited by -LN-

Oldsport
9 hours ago, Failed Again said:

to OP that would be nice -Cripps is creepy-plus Don't look at his sketch book

Best thing that happened to (Cripps)pronounced Creeps

some random Posse came into my camp and got drunk-then started shooting, Cripps fought back

Next I see$4.00 charge to heal Cripps

oops sorry bud No Can do

lmao @ the no can do😭 rockstar is going to make it so that everyday you dont heal your cripps, they will take 2 gold from you 

but honestly, its dumb that everyone has a cripps. Very unrealsitic, they couldve had the camp thing without him and it would still make sense. but i agree with what others said, you should be able to rent a room in a city that moves around like the camp does for all the posh folk. and for the camps, we should be able to add the guard we want 

Leftover Pizza
1 hour ago, Commander S said:

The thing that puzzles me most is how does Cripps actually move the whole camp, without a horse to pull the wagon? What is he doing in camp all f*cking day and why the hell doesn't he leave the boring to hell camp himself? There's nothing for him to do but sit and play his f*cking harmonica when no one listens. Can't punch him, can't shoot him, but can't make him leave either. If they wanna stick to reality so much with all the now quite annoying skinning cutscenes and things, at least don't use Cripps clones and make him leave your camp out of boredom.

Now there's a cutscene I'd like to see. Cripps playing his harmonica, stops playing, smacks his harmonica to the ground, says "oh f*ck it!", gets up and walks away for good.

éX-Driver

Methinks thou hast purchased the wrong game, sunshine

Amy Vinewood
4 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

Y'all female players better sleep belly up tonight. Cripps is feeling lonely :p

The joke's on him because I never sleep

_-Chy-_

I want the Hermit Woman & her dogs to be my camp's security guards.

fjdgDup.jpg

I can't see anyone more suiting for that role. Would be sweet to watch griefers getting greeted with her shotgun and attacking hounds if they came too close to the camp.

Oldsport

i just thought of a great idea , it should have different guards for different camps. a army soldier for the army theme, one of the hermits for the survivor theme, trapper/hunter for the the hobo life, a pinkerton or shotgun guard for the opulence theme. they should also have a bandit/outlaw life theme with your characters wanted poster at their camp for all to see if they come to your camp. or if u dont want a npc, they can always just give us one of the many dogs in game to have around the camp and to alert us if someone comes too close

AmyStone
6 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Easy there missy, If I felt like spending 15 minutes or so of my time, I could easily dig up quite a few posts you've made that people could rag on.

Go for it. It wouldn't bother me at all. But my point was that if the OP actually feel uncomfortable about a certain character in a game then maybe it's not for them. You would have to be pretty sensitive to have something like that bother you and if it does then there's a lot worse in the game to make you feel uncomfortable so maybe there are more suitable games.

Edited by AmyStone