Failed Again

Fast travel post- worth it ?

My play style is solo

Hunting/fishing

Stranger missions

showdowns

Free roam events

Defensive style player

is the travel $-cost from base camp- relative to prices at in game Travel posts?

slohbur
Posted (edited)

Prices are the same as the normal travel posts, in towns.

It also opens the possibility to fast travel to camp, from towns.

If it's worth the money? Well, depends where you hunt and if you hang around your camp a lot. 

If you hunt a lot around Ambarino, having a camp with a travel post could be useful as the travel posts are scarce up there.

You can also save a few bucks with it if you want to travel to the other end of the map - if you have your camp already set up close to a travel post, go to said travel post, then simply set up a new camp where you want to go, and quickly open the travel post menu and fast travel to your camp: the price should stay at $1. 

You still have to pay for the camp fees, but if the ride costs more than 10 bucks, you are already saving money.

Edit: The prices do change based on the location of the camp. So if you're close to Valentine, the cost would be cheaper, than using the fast travel at Emerald Ranch. But for towns far away from your camp, prices stay relatively the same.

Edited by slohbur

wehweh01

I use my camp a lot. I tend to fast travel to camp to restock ammo and tonics. That way I'm working on my trade award for the Collection box. 

Whenever I'm at camp for supplies I always craft whatever tonics I can. Rinse and repeat.

CosmicBuffalo
Posted (edited)

in my opinion it is not worth it, it only unlocks the ability to fast travel out of the camp.  but what the hell else are you going to spend your money on.  a bunch of clothes that you cannot wear....cause you can only change 3 outfits, which becomes 2 the second you lose your hat.  The best tent is better so every time you find a new session, your cores are not drained.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Ronin Ogami

I fully upgraded my entire camp, & have never had a reason to regret it. It gives me more reason TO use my camp, & the fast travel post makes a lot of missions & some dailies a breeze.

Foxwolfe

It's totally worth it, depending on where you are on the map it works out great calling the camp or heading to it if nearby to use the fast travel post. 

If anything I wish I bought it sooner.

jazzbone
Posted (edited)

I never use my camp except to switch back and forth from the cheapest upgrade for the daily challenge.

My camp will be used when i can spawn there at the start of a session and i can fast travel to and from during play.
For $750 the fast travel purchase should offer free fast travel or no more than a dollar or two per use.

Offer that and i might even buy Crapps a spiffy outfit.

Edited by jazzbone

Foxwolfe

I really don't get peoples complaints about the fast travel prices, I feel broke half the time and it's never an issue for me nor have they ever bothered me since they lowered the prices on them.

I get the complaint about not being able to spawn into your camp, that seems like a no brainer given it's currently our only "residence". Also obviously there's not a lot to do there but I do refill my cores there quite a bit and enjoy getting my mail 95% of the time from my camp box so I can slowly work towards that award. While I do enjoy going to my camp and having it at certain locations it feels kinda empty, not literally but like figuratively, hollow. I want it to feel more substantial, more purposeful. Hopefully that all makes sense.

CMCSAVAGE
21 hours ago, slohbur said:

It also opens the possibility to fast travel to camp, from towns.

I'm guessing "typo". You could always FT to your camp, just not from it.

slohbur
1 hour ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I'm guessing "typo". You could always FT to your camp, just not from it.

Oh, my mistake. I wasn't aware you could fast travel to it, without one. Then again I had a fast travel post early on.

Failed Again
Posted (edited)

Thanks --

ALL

Also Post is on sale for 525 I think

Another question. Why not just login to another free roam area Verses pay for fast tavel

more precise landings?

Edited by Failed Again

CosmicBuffalo
Posted (edited)

For me, the travel post is pretty much not worth it because I have really resisted spending money on stuff that can be done for free.  I would rather ride from St. Denis to Tumbleweed and see what happens on the way than simply fast travel there.   Although I have used fast travel, I always get that cheap skate urge and debate whether I should just find a new session.  As stated the fast travel option to your camp is available from day 1, but going out of camp isnt from say great plains to st denis, but if you are that set on fast travel the locations on the map...it seems like you could just ride to a near by travel post.

Personal preference aside, I keep my camp in Great Plains as it is the best location.  I have all of the spawns for crafting memorized and there is everything besides a gun smith in the general area.  I actually have the post, but I think I have used it twice cause you still have to pay to go out.  Moving the camp is hit or miss for me because sometimes it just will not spawn in the area.  But keeping in one place has solved that bug for me..sometimes the camp will not spawn even after several attempts.  The cost of spawning are another stupid cost of camp system which keeps a cheap skate like me from ever moving it to another area.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Failed Again said:

Another question. Why not just login to another free roam area Verses pay for fast tavel

more precise landings?

For me I prefer to just stay in the same lobby, takes less time to load too. As an added bonus as you mentioned there's more precision and less randomness.

Edited by Foxwolfe

Failed Again
Posted (edited)

Very nice outlaws here,,
 I would like to add a EXTRA thanks to all..

3 hours ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

For me, the travel post is pretty much not worth it because I have really resisted spending money on stuff that can be done for free.  I would rather ride from St. Denis to Tumbleweed and see what happens on the way than simply fast travel there.   Although I have used fast travel, I always get that cheap skate urge and debate whether I should just find a new session.  As stated the fast travel option to your camp is available from day 1, but going out of camp isnt from say great plains to st denis, but if you are that set on fast travel the locations on the map...it seems like you could just ride to a near by travel post.

Personal preference aside, I keep my camp in Great Plains as it is the best location.  I have all of the spawns for crafting memorized and there is everything besides a gun smith in the general area.  I actually have the post, but I think I have used it twice cause you still have to pay to go out.  Moving the camp is hit or miss for me because sometimes it just will not spawn in the area.  But keeping in one place has solved that bug for me..sometimes the camp will not spawn even after several attempts.  The cost of spawning are another stupid cost of camp system which keeps a cheap skate like me from ever moving it to another area.

I can relate to this also..

Edited by Failed Again

CMCSAVAGE

If you're trying to Plat the game, you have to buy 5 camp improvements. so it's a must buy for that.

Failed Again

I went and bought the Fast Post, a amber MFT and a Nacogdoches saddle and tack.

went For fast in a big way

Think I was still in E3 high...;lol

Winonas
18 hours ago, Failed Again said:

I went and bought the Fast Post, a amber MFT and a Nacogdoches saddle and tack.

went For fast in a big way

Think I was still in E3 high...;lol

Can’t go wrong with all that stuff, enjoy. I was happy to grab the Covered tent and Travel post on sale. 

Nice to have the option and the improved core fill is awesome. 

Gleeman Vox
Posted (edited)

I bought the fast travel post while it was on sale because who knows when it will be again

Plus, hopefully one day they add an actual benefit like free fast travel one day

Edited by Gleeman Vox